Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Aussie Forum
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 05-29-2009, 04:28 PM
DarchinyFAN
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 DarchinyFAN has a reputation beyond reputeDarchinyFAN has a reputation beyond reputeDarchinyFAN has a reputation beyond reputeDarchinyFAN has a reputation beyond reputeDarchinyFAN has a reputation beyond reputeDarchinyFAN has a reputation beyond reputeDarchinyFAN has a reputation beyond reputeDarchinyFAN has a reputation beyond reputeDarchinyFAN has a reputation beyond reputeDarchinyFAN has a reputation beyond reputeDarchinyFAN has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 339,809.33
Total Points: 452,266.41
Welcome to the asylum. Take this lucky clover, you might need it. - FRKO 1,000 posts! - ЯiZO Congrats on reaching 1,000 posts here - ??? 1k posts - Golden Boy 360 1K posts, keep it up - PISTOLWHIP 
Good poster - Tek My Pounches 

I read about this elsewhere and was just coming on here to post about it....

I guess this is yet another reason to dislike Mundine.
Old 05-29-2009, 08:30 PM
Philfy
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 7 Philfy has a reputation beyond reputePhilfy has a reputation beyond reputePhilfy has a reputation beyond reputePhilfy has a reputation beyond reputePhilfy has a reputation beyond reputePhilfy has a reputation beyond reputePhilfy has a reputation beyond reputePhilfy has a reputation beyond reputePhilfy has a reputation beyond reputePhilfy has a reputation beyond reputePhilfy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 98,966.72
Have a beer mate - for keeping the Aussie Lounge ticking - Dan... 

I pinched this from another boxing forum. The post was by Phil Austin (The IBO supervisor).

"Well I really don't know why journo's bother to ring for clarification if they then ignore everything they are then told! He could have at least got Mr McDonnell's name right, but it pretty much sums up the article!

As explained to journo's who rang last night it was an isolated incident in between one round only. Nobody was sat next to Marcus all night - someone peeked over his shoulder once and when he spouted his crap Marcus told him to @&$! off and it never happened again.

Marcus laughed it off when he informed me after the event and he was far from intimidated. He has been an official for over 20 years and has officiated in some of the worlds real hotspots.
This is not the first time something like this has happened and it won't be the last. I have had it happen overseas to me before and as a professional you brush it off and get on with the job.

I said to the two journo's last night who called, that Marcus is from the East End (London), comes from one of the country's brightest boxing family's and you couldn't intimidate the bloke with a handgun!
As was mused upon by John Hogg and Bernie Pramberg - the journalist who first brought up the incident was attending his first boxing show and made too much of what actually happened. The continual inaccuracies in this article are disappointing to say the least"

Hope that puts things into perspective a bit.
Old 06-05-2009, 12:51 AM
Brunswick Assassin
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 Brunswick Assassin has a reputation beyond reputeBrunswick Assassin has a reputation beyond reputeBrunswick Assassin has a reputation beyond reputeBrunswick Assassin has a reputation beyond reputeBrunswick Assassin has a reputation beyond reputeBrunswick Assassin has a reputation beyond reputeBrunswick Assassin has a reputation beyond reputeBrunswick Assassin has a reputation beyond reputeBrunswick Assassin has a reputation beyond reputeBrunswick Assassin has a reputation beyond reputeBrunswick Assassin has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 38,640.91

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattlingNelson View Post
Is this report true?

If it is then how the bleeding hell can the aussie commision just stand and watch and how about the IBO supervisor?

Either this report is false or some heads got to go.
Very good point! IBO supervisor and Oz commision should have DSQ Mundine cos he is responsible for the meatheads in his corner. Don't expect Arthur Abraham to get a fight in the States any time soon either after his brother kicked Miranda when he was down and out.
Old 06-05-2009, 09:22 AM
boxing_great
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 boxing_great has a reputation beyond reputeboxing_great has a reputation beyond reputeboxing_great has a reputation beyond reputeboxing_great has a reputation beyond reputeboxing_great has a reputation beyond reputeboxing_great has a reputation beyond reputeboxing_great has a reputation beyond reputeboxing_great has a reputation beyond reputeboxing_great has a reputation beyond reputeboxing_great has a reputation beyond reputeboxing_great has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 176,453.20

Mundine was saying on the sweet science 'radio program', which I hope you guys listen to , that he is the best athlete of all time.not this time, not that time but of all time..
F*ck me dead, but didn't Floyd snr say that recently on the 24/7 hatton pac series..
He also said that he would never be beat by a christian, immitating Hopkins.
not to mention the immitations of ALI, RJJ and floyd jnr..
This guy is pathetic and should be wiped off the boxing arena.
He also said he wants to fight the best in the world, and mentioned Pavlik.What a crock of ****!
Old 06-06-2009, 08:45 PM
skyler
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 skyler has a reputation beyond reputeskyler has a reputation beyond reputeskyler has a reputation beyond reputeskyler has a reputation beyond reputeskyler has a reputation beyond reputeskyler has a reputation beyond reputeskyler has a reputation beyond reputeskyler has a reputation beyond reputeskyler has a reputation beyond reputeskyler has a reputation beyond reputeskyler has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,487,410.91
Total Points: 1,501,184.68
Enjoy one of these while watching Kat - Salty 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxing_great View Post
Mundine was saying on the sweet science 'radio program', which I hope you guys listen to , that he is the best athlete of all time.not this time, not that time but of all time..
F*ck me dead, but didn't Floyd snr say that recently on the 24/7 hatton pac series..
He also said that he would never be beat by a christian, immitating Hopkins.
not to mention the immitations of ALI, RJJ and floyd jnr..
This guy is pathetic and should be wiped off the boxing arena.
He also said he wants to fight the best in the world, and mentioned Pavlik.What a crock of ****!
Mundine is just one big joke.. I thought we all knew that by now?
Old 06-07-2009, 08:22 AM
Ray*
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR

Rep Power: 57 Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 43,556,214,986,652.66
Total Points: 43,556,215,069,590.24
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 

This was a made up story by the media, I have read from other site where the "Judge" laugh off the incident and claimed he wasnt intimidated at all.

Mundine isnt well liked in the Aussie media and its easy for people on the outside looking to believe a made up story like this.