Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Mixed Martial Arts Discussion
Thread Navigation

Old 06-04-2009, 09:28 PM
Virgil Caine
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 86 Virgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond reputeVirgil Caine has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 199,919,112,939,856.91
Total Points: 199,919,112,945,857.53
A gift from The Last Emperor LOL! - jakkups Happy birthday homey - mangler Cocktail hour - mangler Sip this wine - mangler more drank - MANGLER 
Thanks for the stream dude. - Naps Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day - Bossy one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Happy Holidays Nodogoshi - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy holidays bro! - led* 
10 years... impressive :beerchug: - jose830 Congrats on 10 years. - deanrw 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - DiLLiNGER 

Quote:
Originally Posted by j View Post
no discipline is useless.

it is the person that makes an art useless. u could give van gogh and some kid off the street the same tools, but would they still have the same outcome?

hell no. cause one of them actually mastered his craft.

i have met good fighters from shaolin to kempo to boxing. it all depends on the person.
Yeah man, no doubt about it. Great post.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 06-04-2009, 09:52 PM
j
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 29 j has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond reputej has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 74.60
Total Points: 633,665.87

Quote:
Originally Posted by Organik View Post
Yeah man, no doubt about it. Great post.
thanks man, appreciate it!

i have only been studied in 3 arts. but i have friends and have learned a bit of many other arts like northern shaolin and kempo/kenpo(however the hell it is spelled), and wrestling.

and yeah, i have even seen tai chi guys kick some ass in boxing tournaments.

u know, most, actually, nearly all of the scariest guys i have met are guys who are over 35/40 years old and have no less than 25 years in the arts.

but that longevity and increasing of skills seems dependant on the art i think. thai boxers have seemed to have leg problems past 30 years of age unless they are carefull. same with some jj'ists or wrestlers. so carefull practice is even more important that kicking ass, otherwise, u are kicking your own ass slowly.

so, i have respect for all arts. and tae kwon do can F'ck someone up. i had a friend who used a spinning back kick to knock a dude onto the top of the hood of a car to end the fight. he also dropped and beat the biggest dude in one of our clasees back in those rowdy days that i was in high school.