Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Pinoy Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2009, 03:31 PM
`STEELHEAD
*YOUR EMINENCE

Rep Power: 50 `STEELHEAD has a reputation beyond repute`STEELHEAD has a reputation beyond repute`STEELHEAD has a reputation beyond repute`STEELHEAD has a reputation beyond repute`STEELHEAD has a reputation beyond repute`STEELHEAD has a reputation beyond repute`STEELHEAD has a reputation beyond repute`STEELHEAD has a reputation beyond repute`STEELHEAD has a reputation beyond repute`STEELHEAD has a reputation beyond repute`STEELHEAD has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,723,573,286,769,516.00
Total Points: 4,723,573,286,769,644.00
Thanks for the fight-video links! - BatTheMan thanks fella! - Melly-Mel Have this glass of fine wine on me as you enjoy the Pav fight tonight. - BatTheMan Thanks man, lets have a beer. - Hard Dick your a maniac - MIKEBITSKO 
thanks for letting me slide on our bet - kali meister For your contribution to NSB - jazluvr449 Got alot of respect for ya - Lakas cuz you deserve more presents - jazluvr449 for you my friend - project xxx1 
Cheers bro, good fight. - dan_cov Have a beer - dan_cov thanks for the quick payment :fing02: - jose830 Good sport - jazluvr 12,000 post :beerchug: - jose830 
:beerchug: - -jose- Thanks for the lucky charm bro, cheers! :) - Tyler_Durden ATG poster - jas put this in the pink - Boxing Goat 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - DannyChaos Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stones! Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 
Arrow This Sat. Toshiaki Nishioka vs Jhonny Gonzalez. giving odds!!!

i take jhonny at 2:1 ! example:
my 100k gonzalez over nishioka to your 50k.
not going to bet the barn on this one. but a small out building.
will cover 500k's worth.
100k minimum.

a good take on this fight from my favorite scribe, Graham Houston:

"Former bantam champion Jhonny Gonzalez makes his second attempt to win a world title at 122 pounds when he challenges WBC belt-holder Toshiaki Nishioka on Saturday.
In a previous title attempt three years ago he was knocked out by Israel Vazquez, who was too strong for him, but Gonzalez now seems to have grown nicely into the 122-pound division.
Gonzalez has been winning steadily since his seventh-round loss to Gerry Penalosa in August 2007, when he was ahead on the scorecards only to get dropped for the full count by a left to the body from the Filipino southpaw.
Gonzalez has lost only to Penalosa and fellow-Mexican Vazquez in the last seven years ***8212; and he had Vazquez down twice. The boxer-puncher from Mexico City is the favourite on Saturday.
Nishioka is skilled and experienced, though, and he***8217;s a southpaw. This is a difficult for Gonzalez.
Nishioka became champion at the fifth attempt when he outpointed the durable Thai, Napapol, last September. The Japanese boxer then gave one of his best-ever performances in January when he stopped Genaro Garcia in the last round. Nishioka twice dropped the tough veteran and finally overwhelmed the Mexican fighter with a fusillade of punches in the 12th.
Nishioka has only been stopped once, and that was in his second fight. He has lost only to the strong Thai, Veeraphol, in the last nine years, twice being outpointed in a gruelling four-fight series that included two draws.
The Mexican site clearly favours Gonzalez, and he is the puncher in the fight. Nishioka has the smart, southpaw skills that can frustrate fighters such as Napapol and Genaro Garcia, but Gonzalez is a fine technician and not easily outboxed.
The concern one has about Gonzalez is that he is not very durable. There are the two KO losses on his record, of course, but also he was dropped by Gabriel Elizondo and floored twice by the Nicaraguan William Gonzalez, although each time he came back to knock out the other man in brief but explosive fights.
Nishioka does punch solidly with the left hand from his southpaw style. Gonzalez, though, can really hurt opponents, and he can do it from either side ***8212; left or right.
Apart from the Penalosa loss ***8212; and that was a one-punch ending in a fight he was winning ***8212; Gonzalez has traditionally done well against southpaws. He stopped left-handers such as Irene Pacheco, William Gonzalez, Ratanachai Sor Vorapin and a faded Mark Johnson and, in his last fight Gonzalez blew away yet another southpaw, Reynaldo Lopez.
In a set piece boxing match, cut and thrust, lead and counter, I think that Gonzalez and Nishioka are well matched.
Nishioka is a talented and brave fighter who deserves respect.

Last edited by steelhead; 05-22-2009 at 03:50 PM..
Old 05-23-2009, 11:59 AM
`STEELHEAD
*YOUR EMINENCE

Rep Power: 50 `STEELHEAD has a reputation beyond repute`STEELHEAD has a reputation beyond repute`STEELHEAD has a reputation beyond repute`STEELHEAD has a reputation beyond repute`STEELHEAD has a reputation beyond repute`STEELHEAD has a reputation beyond repute`STEELHEAD has a reputation beyond repute`STEELHEAD has a reputation beyond repute`STEELHEAD has a reputation beyond repute`STEELHEAD has a reputation beyond repute`STEELHEAD has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for the fight-video links! - BatTheMan thanks fella! - Melly-Mel Have this glass of fine wine on me as you enjoy the Pav fight tonight. - BatTheMan Thanks man, lets have a beer. - Hard Dick your a maniac - MIKEBITSKO 
thanks for letting me slide on our bet - kali meister For your contribution to NSB - jazluvr449 Got alot of respect for ya - Lakas cuz you deserve more presents - jazluvr449 for you my friend - project xxx1 
Cheers bro, good fight. - dan_cov Have a beer - dan_cov thanks for the quick payment :fing02: - jose830 Good sport - jazluvr 12,000 post :beerchug: - jose830 
:beerchug: - -jose- Thanks for the lucky charm bro, cheers! :) - Tyler_Durden ATG poster - jas put this in the pink - Boxing Goat 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - DannyChaos Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Gay and Lesbian Pride - Stones! Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''bump
Old 05-24-2009, 12:46 AM
`STEELHEAD
*YOUR EMINENCE

SI !
you lost!
i give a chanche.
glad no take!