Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 04-28-2009, 09:26 PM
K-Nan
The Stylistic Nightmare

Rep Power: 116 K-Nan has a reputation beyond reputeK-Nan has a reputation beyond reputeK-Nan has a reputation beyond reputeK-Nan has a reputation beyond reputeK-Nan has a reputation beyond reputeK-Nan has a reputation beyond reputeK-Nan has a reputation beyond reputeK-Nan has a reputation beyond reputeK-Nan has a reputation beyond reputeK-Nan has a reputation beyond reputeK-Nan has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 21,952,625.45
Total Points: 1,000,023,094,014.59
I forgive you - tyson A Krispy Kreme from Winky Wright - -Hyperion- Thanks, man. You are one of the good guys - sweet pea 50 Happy Birthday, enjoy this time as it's the best time of your life. - hurricane72 happy birthday, my ni..... friend! - KESSLER 
Its not champagne, Its cider! - azza Big Bro! - msagrain thanks - Left Hook Tua you got 14k and didn't tell me - Pico Hollywood To 15k more posts, bud. - Sweet Pea 50 
Good Poster! - J. HITTER Here is that $800 you wanted! - ЯiZО I'll shove this up your asshole. (no homo) - Piggu A toast - Tek My Pounches I'm going to shove this up your ass and open it. (no homo) - Piggu 
Happy birthday homey! - mangler Patience - D.I.E.S.E.L Dinner on me. Gr8 hijack. - mangler No Message - Old Coward have a beer for your killer track - sweetpea87 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - !! AI-Holmes!! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Piggu Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Sox8055 Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - The Scientist 

Any potential match-up with Floyd would be considered a mismatch.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 04-28-2009, 09:27 PM
Two Clips
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 19 Two Clips has a reputation beyond reputeTwo Clips has a reputation beyond reputeTwo Clips has a reputation beyond reputeTwo Clips has a reputation beyond reputeTwo Clips has a reputation beyond reputeTwo Clips has a reputation beyond reputeTwo Clips has a reputation beyond reputeTwo Clips has a reputation beyond reputeTwo Clips has a reputation beyond reputeTwo Clips has a reputation beyond reputeTwo Clips has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,593,448.93
Total Points: 60,011,081,641.90
For making me laugh at that funny ass video! - ABOSWORTH One of the few real ones.. Keep doing what you do. - K-Nan Here Have This On Me - Rocky... Have a Beer, T - Grand Champ 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ABOSWORTH Childhood Cancer - Grand Champ 

[QUOTE=warp1432;5166645]Good point and thanks for the criticism. I guess what I mean when it's a solid fight is when it'll be worth buying. But I didn't make myself clear, so thanks for pointing it out

I see what you're saying but when I read it I thought to myself hmmm. I think that JMM is going to suprise alot of people, and even if he loses it's going to do great things for his legacy. Floyd has been off for 2 years and we don't even know if his timing and accuracy is going to be like it was. And plus like you said, the fight is going to make the most sense money wise.

Last edited by Two Clips; 04-28-2009 at 09:30 PM.
Old 04-28-2009, 09:47 PM
MaFu MoFo
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 MaFu MoFo has a reputation beyond reputeMaFu MoFo has a reputation beyond reputeMaFu MoFo has a reputation beyond reputeMaFu MoFo has a reputation beyond reputeMaFu MoFo has a reputation beyond reputeMaFu MoFo has a reputation beyond reputeMaFu MoFo has a reputation beyond reputeMaFu MoFo has a reputation beyond reputeMaFu MoFo has a reputation beyond reputeMaFu MoFo has a reputation beyond reputeMaFu MoFo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 286,458.05
Total Points: 484,718.52
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - street bully 
Send a message via Yahoo to MaFu MoFo

Quote:
Originally Posted by warp1432 View Post
Marquez does not do as well moving up in weight. He isn’t like Manny Pacquiao where he retains most of his speed everytime. Infact, it’s just the opposite. Everytime Juan Manuel Marquez has moved up in weight, he’s lost speed and a bit of his timing. This may have to do with older age also, but at 144 Marquez would lose even more speed then he has at 135. This makes the fight unfair for Marquez. Even at 140, It wouldn’t do amazingly that much for Mayweather’s long term resume except a noteable name, who wasn’t fighting in his prime weight class (which is 126).

There is nothing Juan Manuel Marquez does better then Floyd Mayweather Jr. A pretty bold statement, but when you look at it…it’s pretty true. Defense? No. Left Hook? No. Right Hand? No. Combination Puncher? Maybe, but no.
Thay isn’t the only reason why the fight won’t be competitive. Along with Marquez’s decrease of skills for going up in weight, Marquez also has trouble with slick counter punchers. While I had him beating both John and Barrera by pretty big margins, he was open to counters from them. Mayweather, who won’t be intimidated by a smaller man, will be more willing to throw combinations also. He’ll be able to throw counters and then follow them up with accurate combinations. There is also the problem of Marquez hitting Floyd. Marquez has some great timing, but Floyd’s defense would give Marquez major problems. Add that with slower reactions because Marquez moves up in weight for this fight, it’s not all that competitive. Marquez might have a chance of landing some things because of Floyd’s inactivity, but don’t count on it.

The question now is….

Does that make Floyd a “*****” for fighting someone that isn’t at 147?

A popular trend and perhaps warranted is accusing Mayweather of ducking fighters. Whether it was Antonio Margarito (he did not), Miguel Cotto (this you have a better shot of arguing), or somebody else, Floyd Mayweather has always been accused of ducking fighters since 2006 or so. Now, does that make Floyd a coward for fighting JMM and not Shane Mosley?

He isn’t a coward in my opinion, but his legacy definitely suffers for this. In his first fight back since his “retirement”, he shouldn’t be expected to fight Shane Mosley, who is a more dangerous fighter then Juan Manuel Marquez, but it still looks bad that he is fighting someone not as good as Mosley in that weight class.

Mayweather vs. Marquez is a fight to set up for the mega of all fights, Manny Pacquiao vs Floyd Mayweather. Pacquiao-Mayweather is a much better much up then Marquez-Floyd (will be explained why at a different time) and easily the best win of Mayweather’s career. Still, Mayweather is criticized for not fighting top welterweights particularly when he was the Welterweight champ and will probably be criticized for not fighting welterweights afterwards too.

My biggest criticism of Mayweather is not fighting Miguel Cotto after he fought Ricky Hatton. He was the Welterweight Champion who was expected to defend against the top contender, but he walked away. Now he’s back, but it’s now up to Floyd to determine and improve his legacy. Marquez is a step, but not a very big step.

At some time or another, I had posted about this since the fight was announced. I basicly copy and paste the part of the thread to which I may agree. Specially parts in red. Some poeple here had mention this before in good arguments without the "over-rated hate accusations". The rest of this long piece is... "almost ok".
Old 04-28-2009, 09:52 PM
DLT
DMV

Rep Power: 48 DLT has a reputation beyond reputeDLT has a reputation beyond reputeDLT has a reputation beyond reputeDLT has a reputation beyond reputeDLT has a reputation beyond reputeDLT has a reputation beyond reputeDLT has a reputation beyond reputeDLT has a reputation beyond reputeDLT has a reputation beyond reputeDLT has a reputation beyond reputeDLT has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 365,564,812,120.64
Total Points: 575,565,054,177.50
Most underated poster - El Dominicano Good poster... - Spacey1991 good poster - DuttyAlacrity Good poster - -Ash- heres to you homie - markbnlv 
one of my favs posters - Dambala Here's a beer for the hell of it, bro. - Libido Sanchez you're a cool dude - Mucus you're a good dude, thanks for the NBA stream site!! - Disposable Arts have some cake - MARKBNLV 
Medal for telling those dudes off for insulting the boy trying to meet his pop - hectari 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 

Quote:
More like terrible. He always goes into length, but on a 1 on 1 argument he's quite easy to dispatch. He makes good posts on somethings, but other are just terrible.

I tried to make mine more organized, so people don't skip over it, but it'll most likely happen...
Im easy to dispatch one on one? Translationg: "I disagree with DLT so he must be wrong"
Old 04-28-2009, 10:18 PM
warp1432
the mailman

Rep Power: 57 warp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 254,355,066,008,018.75
Total Points: 254,460,876,878,966.19
5k post celebration. - !! AI-Holmes!! Have a drink on me! - RiZOOM you're killing me in the cotto thread , kid. i'm trying to get 2-1/3-1 odds from a pissed off cotto fan. :-) - Left Hook Tua Always droppin knowledge. Thanks for the vid bro, I owe ya. - Spiegelo No Message - texanballer 
thanks for the support - texanballer For being a stand up guy. You rule. - F•R•K•O Defo in need of an apple warp - danc1984 RBRs when I'm at work are much appreciated - DWiens421 10k posts and for being a good poster - Golden Boy 360 
10k posts warp. Let's celebrate this shit. - danc1984 Marry me, ese. - El Gallo Homo! 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Left Hook Tua 
Send a message via AIM to warp1432

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLT View Post
Im easy to dispatch one on one? Translationg: "I disagree with DLT so he must be wrong"
Is this your shortest post ever? It must be.

And you don't argue well 1 on 1, that's pretty much common knowledge. You do well on a general thesis, but when people break you down you don't argue well back. You either resort to "ya'll are haters', "you must be puerto rican!", or just don't make sense in general.
Old 04-28-2009, 10:22 PM
DWiens421
Mission Complete!

Rep Power: 63 DWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 113,744,579.71
Total Points: 113,943,055.71
We're twins now! :D - -Hyperion- Thanks man - starjammer Eat Fresh - Dorian 10,000 Posts! - Tunney Truce - WLAD OWNS 
a toast to team klitoris! lmao - Left Hook Tua Tye Bible, Page 23 Talks about his dive vs Monte - Dorian Replacing the old gift.. from top rookie to top poster - Welter_Skelter a drink for winky. - Left Hook Tua Juanma Lopez! - Dorian 
boxingscene top ten serious poster - mickey gomez Thank you for the great compliment. - JAB5239 Cheers bro. DWiens FTW! - danc1984 cheers - Makavelli Good Poster! - J. HITTER 
That was a funny thread. - El Gallo Negro! You complete me, ese. - El Gallo Homo! 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Bollocks 

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Nan View Post
Any potential match-up with Floyd would be considered a mismatch.
That's probably a bit exaggerated.

I mean, he might be the favorite in every fight, but... I can't imagine that people would be calling him vs. Cotto a mismatch.

A mismatch was him vs. Baldomir or Mitchell, but... the top welters wouldn't be mismatched against him, just live dogs.

Quote:
Is this your shortest post ever? It must be.

And you don't argue well 1 on 1, that's pretty much common knowledge. You do well on a general thesis, but when people break you down you don't argue well back. You either resort to "ya'll are haters', "you must be puerto rican!", or just don't make sense in general.
LOL
Old 05-02-2009, 05:37 PM
warp1432
the mailman

Rep Power: 57 warp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond reputewarp1432 has a reputation beyond repute
5k post celebration. - !! AI-Holmes!! Have a drink on me! - RiZOOM you're killing me in the cotto thread , kid. i'm trying to get 2-1/3-1 odds from a pissed off cotto fan. :-) - Left Hook Tua Always droppin knowledge. Thanks for the vid bro, I owe ya. - Spiegelo No Message - texanballer 
thanks for the support - texanballer For being a stand up guy. You rule. - F•R•K•O Defo in need of an apple warp - danc1984 RBRs when I'm at work are much appreciated - DWiens421 10k posts and for being a good poster - Golden Boy 360 
10k posts warp. Let's celebrate this shit. - danc1984 Marry me, ese. - El Gallo Homo! 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Left Hook Tua 

I feel like bumping this because the fight is official now.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:48 PM
ulises_solis
Banned

Rep Power: 0 ulises_solis has a reputation beyond reputeulises_solis has a reputation beyond reputeulises_solis has a reputation beyond reputeulises_solis has a reputation beyond reputeulises_solis has a reputation beyond reputeulises_solis has a reputation beyond reputeulises_solis has a reputation beyond reputeulises_solis has a reputation beyond reputeulises_solis has a reputation beyond reputeulises_solis has a reputation beyond reputeulises_solis has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 34,315.88

bad article imo
the writer makes too much emphasis on marquez being too heavy
imo just like pac did against de la hoya, he will just show up at a weight he feels comfortable he is not gonna blow up just because of the weight limit
also the writer has this ficticious idea about floyd mayweather, the fact is he hasnt fought in a year and half that kind of innactivity for a guy in his 30's can be dangerous

and most important mayweather is expected to fight at welterweight and fight the best at welterweight
i mean what he was expected to fight cotto because he was the welterweight champion
but now he is what a 145 fighter? if hes gonna pick on the little guys he should fight them at 140
by fighting marquez and pacquiao and hatton while being profitable fights hes gonna be labeled as a guy who picked on little guys at a higher weight, rather than a guy who fought good guys at his weight
if mayweather wants any credibility and a shot at being an ATG he should at least fight 2 good welterweights
Old 05-02-2009, 08:39 PM
warp1432
the mailman

Quote:
Originally Posted by ulises_solis View Post
bad article imo
the writer makes too much emphasis on marquez being too heavy
imo just like pac did against de la hoya, he will just show up at a weight he feels comfortable he is not gonna blow up just because of the weight limit
also the writer has this ficticious idea about floyd mayweather, the fact is he hasnt fought in a year and half that kind of innactivity for a guy in his 30's can be dangerous
Well the fight is at 143, so Marquez will probably weigh in at 140. Even then, he'll still go up 5 pounds or so just like Pacquiao did against DLH. When Marquez moves up in weight, he losees skill a little each time.

[quote]As for the layoff, Mayweather won't be effected enough to where he's gonna lose. Will he be rusty? Maybe, but he's also fighting at a lower weight, where he can throw more combinations then he does at the full 147.

Quote:
and most important mayweather is expected to fight at welterweight and fight the best at welterweight
i mean what he was expected to fight cotto because he was the welterweight champion
but now he is what a 145 fighter? if hes gonna pick on the little guys he should fight them at 140
by fighting marquez and pacquiao and hatton while being profitable fights hes gonna be labeled as a guy who picked on little guys at a higher weight, rather than a guy who fought good guys at his weight
if mayweather wants any credibility and a shot at being an ATG he should at least fight 2 good welterweights
Hatton and Pacquiao aren't "small" guys. Hatton is pretty big in size, but not with his height or reach and Pacquiao is skilled and makes up for it. Pacquiao would give Mayweather his toughest fight.

I don't see why he "HAS" to fight Cotto or Mosley now that he's not Welterweight champ. When you are champ, you have an obligation to fight the number #1 contender. He doesn't "have" to fight, but his legacy will go up greatly.

Marquez is his first comeback fight, so while it doesn't do that much for his overall legacy, it's a decent step back.