Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2009, 06:24 PM
oldgringo
Ellis

Rep Power: 21530 oldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond reputeoldgringo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 786,235.12
Kobe Stopper! Kobe Stopper! - MizzzouMan For the favorite fighter thread. I knew I liked you for a reason....LMAO - sweet pea 50 dilla donuts! - el guason456 For that laker clip. Christ ,my sides hurt.... LMAOOOOO - Shin Akuma One of my favorite tracks to rip. - El Gallo Negro! 
HAVE SOME OF DEM BEEENIE BEEBE?!? - Sweet Pea 50 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler jr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncuFan View Post
I would go with Manny Ramirez. He hits homeruns, hits for a high average and drives in runs. Both him and the Big Hurt had good approaches at the plate though. Rarely swinging at **** pitches, taking walks when needed, and a consistent swing. I just say Manny is better because he really hasn't slown down and Thomas towards the end of his career did.

I would say Barry Bonds, but he juiced so it's hard to say he's the best of this generation. Even though his swing was always good and his eye at the plate was one of the best. Rarely did he swing at anything out of the strike zone and his approach was the exact same every time. What steroids did for him was let him hit more home runs, but he's always been a good hitter.
Well Frank had the injuries which really hurt him towards the end of his days in Chicago. From '91 to about '97 or '98 he was on a different level...same with Griffey. Frank had more plate discipline than pretty much any other power hitter around his time too. Man-Ram definitely doesn't have the K/BB ratio of Frank.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:32 PM
Gareth Ivanovic
Bale, Bale, Bale

Rep Power: 41 Gareth Ivanovic has a reputation beyond reputeGareth Ivanovic has a reputation beyond reputeGareth Ivanovic has a reputation beyond reputeGareth Ivanovic has a reputation beyond reputeGareth Ivanovic has a reputation beyond reputeGareth Ivanovic has a reputation beyond reputeGareth Ivanovic has a reputation beyond reputeGareth Ivanovic has a reputation beyond reputeGareth Ivanovic has a reputation beyond reputeGareth Ivanovic has a reputation beyond reputeGareth Ivanovic has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 321,919,717.08
Total Points: 324,960,903.25
Fuck Kansas - MizzzouMan TYE TYE TYE! - natas206 Tye Bible, page 23 talks about his dive vs Monte - Dorian Watch Jay Cutler and his mullet on this - Mizzou A place to store your inc.  Peace buddy! - abosworth 
What Wisconsin is famous for. Cheese and wine. - checkmania For the Tina Fey vid. She is basically perfect, in my eyes. Must be the glasses..... - Sweet Pea 50 Good person to bet with..Hit me up anytime - xxjace I got this for you from "Tye's Bakery Goods" enjoy :) - Dorian Tye's Bakery and Goods :) - Dorian 
To the Kansas City A's. - Mizzou No Message - Grand Champ No Message - Grand Champ Best avatar on the scene! - Dorian Heineken - Dorian 
No Message - markbnlv Its not champagne, its grape drank!! - Disposable Arts Super Ana Ivanofieldsich! - Dorian Super Ana! - Dorian Chunk cake filled with Ana Ivanovic and Tom Brady's  spunk! - Chunk 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - SigmaMu Childhood Cancer - street bully Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Dorian Childhood Cancer - Dorian Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - DorianWozniacki 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Dorian.. Childhood Cancer - Dorian.. Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Dorian.. Childhood Cancer - Dorian.. Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Dorian.. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgringo View Post
Well Frank had the injuries which really hurt him towards the end of his days in Chicago. From '91 to about '97 or '98 he was on a different level...same with Griffey. Frank had more plate discipline than pretty much any other power hitter around his time too. Man-Ram definitely doesn't have the K/BB ratio of Frank.
Your right. Franks plate discipline is legendary and he wasn't shy about taking a walk. I still put Manny over him because of his playoff accomplishments. He's proven time and time again that he's a clutch hitter that doesn't get tight in the tough situations. Frank didn't have the same kind of opportunities to prove himself, because of injuries and his team not being as good as Manny's, but with him we can only speculate what he could have done. With Manny it's already proven.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:45 PM
rj_ct
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 rj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond reputerj_ct has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 87,082.81

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncuFan View Post
Great average hitter, but batting average can be overrated. He even said that. Definitely a great hitter no doubt about that, but his lack of RBI's and HR's I feel put other guys ahead of him.
i see what you're saying. though i don't think you can overlook his ability to play situational ball, advance runners, lay bunts, or hit to anywhere on the field. i agree average is not everything, but obviously neither is slugging% or hrs. gwynn had certain intangibles that most players don't have.

tony gwynn is the first name that comes to mind when people bring up "the greatest hitter of this generation" debate, but i definitely see your point.
Old 02-07-2009, 06:55 PM
Gareth Ivanovic
Bale, Bale, Bale

Rep Power: 41 Gareth Ivanovic has a reputation beyond reputeGareth Ivanovic has a reputation beyond reputeGareth Ivanovic has a reputation beyond reputeGareth Ivanovic has a reputation beyond reputeGareth Ivanovic has a reputation beyond reputeGareth Ivanovic has a reputation beyond reputeGareth Ivanovic has a reputation beyond reputeGareth Ivanovic has a reputation beyond reputeGareth Ivanovic has a reputation beyond reputeGareth Ivanovic has a reputation beyond reputeGareth Ivanovic has a reputation beyond repute
Fuck Kansas - MizzzouMan TYE TYE TYE! - natas206 Tye Bible, page 23 talks about his dive vs Monte - Dorian Watch Jay Cutler and his mullet on this - Mizzou A place to store your inc.  Peace buddy! - abosworth 
What Wisconsin is famous for. Cheese and wine. - checkmania For the Tina Fey vid. She is basically perfect, in my eyes. Must be the glasses..... - Sweet Pea 50 Good person to bet with..Hit me up anytime - xxjace I got this for you from "Tye's Bakery Goods" enjoy :) - Dorian Tye's Bakery and Goods :) - Dorian 
To the Kansas City A's. - Mizzou No Message - Grand Champ No Message - Grand Champ Best avatar on the scene! - Dorian Heineken - Dorian 
No Message - markbnlv Its not champagne, its grape drank!! - Disposable Arts Super Ana Ivanofieldsich! - Dorian Super Ana! - Dorian Chunk cake filled with Ana Ivanovic and Tom Brady's  spunk! - Chunk 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - SigmaMu Childhood Cancer - street bully Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Dorian Childhood Cancer - Dorian Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - DorianWozniacki 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Dorian.. Childhood Cancer - Dorian.. Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Dorian.. Childhood Cancer - Dorian.. Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Dorian.. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rj_ct View Post
i see what you're saying. though i don't think you can overlook his ability to play situational ball, advance runners, lay bunts, or hit to anywhere on the field. i agree average is not everything, but obviously neither is slugging% or hrs. gwynn had certain intangibles that most players don't have.

tony gwynn is the first name that comes to mind when people bring up "the greatest hitter of this generation" debate, but i definitely see your point.
I agree he's definitely up there and don't really have a problem with people saying he's the best hitter of this generation. I mean the guy was uncanny in making contact and hitting the ball where it was pitched. I just personally think Manny makes a bigger impact with driving in runs and HR's. Plus put him in almost any lineup and he makes the guy hitting in front of him or behind him that much better.
Old 02-07-2009, 07:06 PM
We want Floyd
Banned

Rep Power: 0 We want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,486.22
Total Points: 347,895.13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Concrete Punch View Post
wow 104 players tested positive in 03!!! I'm telling you man people will always try to get an advantage in sports...... Always!!! and where there is millions the extremes and regularity will always be there.

104 fuken players!!!! and the MLB has never said **** about it lol. I wonder what the number of people in the nba and nfl doing it are?
Add boxing and MMA to that.

My opinion, if you're an athlete that puts butts on the seats, then those in power will probably find a way to keep it hush.

I personally know someone who used 'roids in High school, when he played for UCLA and also played for the Vikes and Bears, guess what, the guy I'm talkin' about has or had been in the league for about 8 years and he only got caught recently. Imagine that, from high school all the way to the pros and he just got caught recently.

RJJ also tested positive for one of his fights, but his opponent that night also tested positive, guess which result was put out to the media?

Yeah, RJJ's results were kept hush. I also think that GSP is on some sh*t too.
Old 02-07-2009, 08:25 PM
Prostitroop
User Friendly

Rep Power: 28 Prostitroop has a reputation beyond reputeProstitroop has a reputation beyond reputeProstitroop has a reputation beyond reputeProstitroop has a reputation beyond reputeProstitroop has a reputation beyond reputeProstitroop has a reputation beyond reputeProstitroop has a reputation beyond reputeProstitroop has a reputation beyond reputeProstitroop has a reputation beyond reputeProstitroop has a reputation beyond reputeProstitroop has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 232,459,678.26
Total Points: 232,884,611.05
Have a cookie. - ABOSWORTH Bag of Fun Threads R Classic. - Libido Sanchez 

in b4 A-Roid becomes his moniker
Old 02-07-2009, 09:58 PM
-Antonio-
-Antonio-

Rep Power: 86 -Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 7,327,500.74
Great poster/member! - jazluvr good poster - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack_the_rippuh View Post
I still don't understand why someone would need steroids to play a sport like baseball.
Barry Bonds got jelous of McGwuire breaking the record, then he took steroids and broke the record a year later. They can turn a decent hitter good, a good hitter great, and a great hitter untouchable.

Sammy Sosa was nothing before he allegedly took roids. Rafael Palmero's numbers suddenly got very good the year Canseco said he started giving him roids.

At this point I figure most good players took roids. And I really dont even care anymore. I still wonder if Griffey did though.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:08 AM
The Fix

Rep Power: 18440 The Fix has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fix has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fix has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fix has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fix has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fix has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fix has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fix has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fix has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fix has a reputation beyond reputeThe Fix has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 235,650.26
One Of The Kings Of Comedy - RJJ The Truth Hit me some of your good K mate... Thanks - FasTHarD We Fresh! - Dorian 

its sad to see these guys juice...a-rod, bonds and clemens never needed to use steroids... i can understand trying to break into the league and get some paychecks.. but these guys have all-world talent. juice or not, all three would have gone down as some of the best to ever do it but now, its tainted.. i used to defend barry, he is one of my favorite athletes ever but he needed to feed that massive ego of his and it bit him in the ass...

ken griffey will go down as the best player of this era.
Old 02-08-2009, 12:18 AM
Gareth Ivanovic
Bale, Bale, Bale

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fix View Post
its sad to see these guys juice...a-rod, bonds and clemens never needed to use steroids... i can understand trying to break into the league and get some paychecks.. but these guys have all-world talent. juice or not, all three would have gone down as some of the best to ever do it but now, its tainted.. i used to defend barry, he is one of my favorite athletes ever but he needed to feed that massive ego of his and it bit him in the ass...

ken griffey will go down as the best player of this era.
Yeah I agree it is. All those guys would have been HOF's even without steroids. It's just like Antonio and you mentioned ego's got in the way. Somebody like Barry saw McGwire and Sosa get all sorts of attention for their home run race and I don't think he liked the fact two guys that weren't even half as good as him get all that attention. Then unfortunately the MLB rules at the time left an opening for guys to use. Thinking hey I could use this and not get caught because there are no tests. Barry IMO was a great hitter even without steroids. His ego got him caught up in the HR chase.
Old 02-08-2009, 01:38 AM
baddest
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 baddest has a reputation beyond reputebaddest has a reputation beyond reputebaddest has a reputation beyond reputebaddest has a reputation beyond reputebaddest has a reputation beyond reputebaddest has a reputation beyond reputebaddest has a reputation beyond reputebaddest has a reputation beyond reputebaddest has a reputation beyond reputebaddest has a reputation beyond reputebaddest has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,673,668.33
Total Points: 8,066,002.62
Startin your collection - mangler Book of Mang - mangler have a beer - MANGLER cocktail hour - MANGLER 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Gift Giver Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER 

that's why I don't watch baseball