Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 02-03-2009, 08:47 AM
Ishy Aytan
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 Ishy Aytan is infamous around these partsIshy Aytan is infamous around these partsIshy Aytan is infamous around these partsIshy Aytan is infamous around these partsIshy Aytan is infamous around these partsIshy Aytan is infamous around these partsIshy Aytan is infamous around these partsIshy Aytan is infamous around these partsIshy Aytan is infamous around these partsIshy Aytan is infamous around these partsIshy Aytan is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,144,799.31
Thanks for your support and respect - Massage Queen returning the favor, you got great post too - C.Y. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewcuff View Post
No I'm not saying they're the same level of fighter. I'm just saying that IF Calzaghe beats him, public opinion of Dawson will change dramatically. He'll go from a skilled, prime fighter to overrated overnight. The same as what happened with the Lacy fight. Beforehand he was "the new Tyson", whereas afterwards he was "never that good anyway"

He was never really any good comapred to other fighters. Dawsons beaten two top Light Heavys. There was no one in the supper middle division for Lacy to beat other than Calzaghe.

Dawson is a good fighter and if Calzaghe beats him his credentials increase. A win over a prime Dawson is better than his win over RJJ.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-03-2009, 08:50 AM
Dynamite Kid
Slicker than your average

Rep Power: 57 Dynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,742,737,951.31
Total Points: 5,746,572,775.41
Consistently illuminating - abadger quality poster. - Melly-Mel Calm down kid. Take this. You'll learn eventually. - BatTheMan Vastine is the prime example of a Liverpool fan. A bias cunt who talks utter shit but actually believes what he is saying!! - Tuggers1986 A Beer for the Bulldog! - The Surgeon 
We Fresh! - Dorian No Message - cottothechamp Have a brew on me homey - mangler To the fight night creator - Stoppage A beer for one of Boxing Scene's best. - Shadows 
Have a tuna melt - mangler Thanks for all the help! - Shadows Cheers man. just keeping it cool - 120 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - dagrtst Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- 

Quote:
No I'm not saying they're the same level of fighter. I'm just saying that IF Calzaghe beats him, public opinion of Dawson will change dramatically. He'll go from a skilled, prime fighter to overrated overnight. The same as what happened with the Lacy fight. Beforehand he was "the new Tyson", whereas afterwards he was "never that good anyway"

So what your trying to say you why you will excuses Calzaghe if he does not fight Dawson, because of this opinion you hold.

Hey Abadger Lacy had, had about 17/18 fights by the time he fought Calzaghe and had beaten nobody of note there is a huge difference between he and Dawson.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:50 AM
andrewcuff
Banned

Rep Power: 0 andrewcuff has a reputation beyond reputeandrewcuff has a reputation beyond reputeandrewcuff has a reputation beyond reputeandrewcuff has a reputation beyond reputeandrewcuff has a reputation beyond reputeandrewcuff has a reputation beyond reputeandrewcuff has a reputation beyond reputeandrewcuff has a reputation beyond reputeandrewcuff has a reputation beyond reputeandrewcuff has a reputation beyond reputeandrewcuff has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 64,092.61
Total Points: 277,876.49
ty for links - writeright Great poster! - jazluvr449 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ishy Aytan View Post
He was never really any good comapred to other fighters. Dawsons beaten two top Light Heavys. There was no one in the supper middle division for Lacy to beat other than Calzaghe.

Dawson is a good fighter and if Calzaghe beats him his credentials increase. A win over a prime Dawson is better than his win over RJJ.
True, Dawson is a much better fighter. But mark my words, if Calzaghe wins, people will start questioning the age of Tarver and Johnson and say Dawson was overrated, he never beat a young, prime fighter.

I'd love to see Joe fight Dawson though. It would be a difficult fight and a great way to end his career.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:52 AM
andrewcuff
Banned

Rep Power: 0 andrewcuff has a reputation beyond reputeandrewcuff has a reputation beyond reputeandrewcuff has a reputation beyond reputeandrewcuff has a reputation beyond reputeandrewcuff has a reputation beyond reputeandrewcuff has a reputation beyond reputeandrewcuff has a reputation beyond reputeandrewcuff has a reputation beyond reputeandrewcuff has a reputation beyond reputeandrewcuff has a reputation beyond reputeandrewcuff has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynamite Kid View Post
So what your trying to say you why you will excuses Calzaghe if he does not fight Dawson, because of this opinion you hold.

Hey Abadger Lacy had, had about 17/18 fights by the time he fought Calzaghe and had beaten nobody of note there is a huge difference between he and Dawson.
Omg, why is simple English so difficult to understand. I never said Lacy was as good as Dawson, I just said that if Calzaghe wins, the American audience will downplay he result.

I want Calzaghe to fight Dawson and I'll be very disappointed if he doesn't because I think Dawson is a very dangerous opponent.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:53 AM
Dynamite Kid

Rep Power: 57 Dynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond reputeDynamite Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Consistently illuminating - abadger quality poster. - Melly-Mel Calm down kid. Take this. You'll learn eventually. - BatTheMan Vastine is the prime example of a Liverpool fan. A bias cunt who talks utter shit but actually believes what he is saying!! - Tuggers1986 A Beer for the Bulldog! - The Surgeon 
We Fresh! - Dorian No Message - cottothechamp Have a brew on me homey - mangler To the fight night creator - Stoppage A beer for one of Boxing Scene's best. - Shadows 
Have a tuna melt - mangler Thanks for all the help! - Shadows Cheers man. just keeping it cool - 120 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - dagrtst Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Minstrel Man- 

Quote:
True, Dawson is a much better fighter. But mark my words, if Calzaghe wins, people will start questioning the age of Tarver and Johnson and say Dawson was overrated, he never beat a young, prime fighter.

I'd love to see Joe fight Dawson though. It would be a difficult fight and a great way to end his career.
No they wont Calzaghe will get his props if he beats Dawson, because Dawson is in his prime and he has beaten Adamek,Tarver,Johnson,Harding.

Jeff Lacy had beaten an ancient Robin Ried and Kessler had fought nobody.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:56 AM
Dynamite Kid

Quote:
Omg, why is simple English so difficult to understand. I never said Lacy was as good as Dawson, I just said that if Calzaghe wins, the American audience will downplay he result.

I want Calzaghe to fight Dawson and I'll be very disappointed if he doesn't because I think Dawson is a very dangerous opponen
t.
Yeah and the reason you said it is, because you know Joe will not fight him and its a good way to pass it off so it dont make Joe look bad when he does not fight him.

You want Joe to, but you will still make that bull**** excuse if he doesn't fight him.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:57 AM
andrewcuff
Banned

Quote:
Yeah and the reason you said it is, because you know Joe will not fight him and its a good way to pass it off so it dont make Joe look bad when he does not fight him.

You want Joe to, but you will still make that bull**** excuse if he doesn't fight him.
What excuse? I want Joe to fight Dawson and I can't think if a single reason why not to. If he fights again (and I don't see why not), Dawson is the only opponent he should step in the ring with.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:58 AM
andrewcuff
Banned

Quote:
No they wont Calzaghe will get his props if he beats Dawson, because Dawson is in his prime and he has beaten Adamek,Tarver,Johnson,Harding.
Well I hope everyone has the same opinion as you if Calzaghe wins.
Old 02-03-2009, 08:59 AM
boxasmash
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 boxasmash has a reputation beyond reputeboxasmash has a reputation beyond reputeboxasmash has a reputation beyond reputeboxasmash has a reputation beyond reputeboxasmash has a reputation beyond reputeboxasmash has a reputation beyond reputeboxasmash has a reputation beyond reputeboxasmash has a reputation beyond reputeboxasmash has a reputation beyond reputeboxasmash has a reputation beyond reputeboxasmash has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 46,722,241.03
Total Points: 47,129,106.33
UR 1st Superman - BoxingChaos 

Quote:
Originally Posted by kswizzy99 View Post
I agree, how many fighters at the level of Dawson has Calzaghe fought? and when I say "level", I don't mean accomplishments, I mean Highly skilled fighters in their prime. the answer is ZERO. He fights past prime fighters or prime clowns. Lacy realistically lost 3 times since fighting Calz and only one lose was to a decent fighter(taylor). Lacy is, has, and always will be garbage.

Dawson would be a first for Calzaghe...a first prime highly skilled fighter and a first loss.
you said hopkins and jones would beat calzaghe.

stfu hater.
Old 02-03-2009, 09:01 AM
Dynamite Kid

Quote:
What excuse? I want Joe to fight Dawson and I can't think if a single reason why not to. If he fights again (and I don't see why not), Dawson is the only opponent he should step in the ring with.

Your excuses will always be Joe did not fight him, because he wouldn't have gotten any praise for beating him, because the Americans never give him his props for Lacy so why would they for Dawson.

You will excuse Calzaghe and you know you will.

Last edited by Dynamite Kid; 02-03-2009 at 09:03 AM.