Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 02-03-2009, 01:14 AM
upinurgirlsguts

Rep Power: 62 2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,047,160,669,517.96
Total Points: 13,048,171,655,857.20
keep fighting those huggers - mickey gomez "unlike floyd" was not a bad post for a marquez guy. lol beer on the pacnuthugger - Left Hook Tua Good poster. - Tek My Pounches you got jmm flaws down to the letter..... - Left Hook Tua I got my eye on you, sexy vato. - El Gallo Homo! 
You stay putting shit in proper perspective. - El Gallo Negro! Always right on the money homey - mangler Always keepin it real - mangler Cheers. I luv your threads homey - mangler Proper ownage of Floyd stans - WhoreUs 
cheers homey - MANGLER good poster - Mucus gangsta - Poor Lad 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Right Cross Ike 
Default Calzaghe Diehard Stans, Come In Here. *Dawson Related*

When Dawson and Boxing fans say Calzaghe should give Dawson the time of day, Calzaghe die hards say, "Who has Chad fought?"

They bring up Johnson by saying "Chad fought an old man, got hurt and almost lost" but some how don't realize the stupidity of their comments as Calzaghe also fought an "OLDER man" in Hopkins and actually got knocked down and also almost lost.

Then they bring up Tarver saying "Chad only wants to fight old men" but some how forget that Calzaghe choose Jones who hasn't been significant, is more past his prime than Tarver and also got KTFO by Tarver more recently than Johnson lost to Hopkins.

Lets take a closer look at this.

Joe Calzaghe is a name in boxing now.......barely. He may be a household superstar name in Great Brittain and some of the eastern world, but like it or not, if you aren't a name in America, you truly aren't a name in Boxing. Thats just the way it is. Non Americans want to say that Boxing doesn't end with the USA and thats true, it does, but Boxing FAME pretty much does.

The fact that both Calzaghe and Hatton wanted to fight in AMERICA is proof of my statement. The fact that both Calzaghe and Hatton have made the most money in a fight in AMERICA is proof of my statement.

But lets a take a look at how Calzaghe has barely made a name for himself by "beating America's best" as Calzaghe stans would have you believe.

The Jeff Lacy Victory

The first "exposure" to American audiences was of Calzaghe's brilliant dismantling of the highly touted Jeff Lacy. Everyone and their mother thought Lacy was going to destroy Calzaghe, but that didn't happen. Calzaghe pretty much ended Lacy's career as a professional boxer adding a GREAT win to his resume. A classic Calzaghe preformance.

The Peter Manfredy Jr. Victory

A showcase. A fluffer for Calzaghe. Thats all this really was. Manfredo was chosen for his presumed popularity beign associated with The Contender. Not even Manfredo's own kids thought he was going to win this fight. This was a complete mismatch and every one knew it. Don't even know why Cal fans bring this victory up. Its like Cotto fans bringing up the Gomez win as proof of greatness or Floyd fans talking about the Baldomir fight.

The Bernard Hopkins Victory

Coming into this fight, Hopkins was 2-2 in his last 4 fights. He had just come off one of the most boring fights ever produced on HBO. Hopkins, regardless of his recent wins, was considered an "old man", but that didn't stop Calzaghe from chasing him for a fight. Hopkins was still considered the best LHW in the division. So the fight was made, the hype was made and both stepped into the ring. Calzaghe gets KD'd in the first round and takes a while to find his rythm. But he doesn't necessarily REALLY do that now does he? We don't see vintage Cal in this fight. We see someone that doesn't necessarily know how to deal with Hopkin's dirty trickery. He loses all form, doesn't even attempt to HURT Hopkins as he decides to punch Hop with the OTHER side of his glove. Most actual exchanges, Calzaghe appeared to be on the worse end of them, but his pure work rate (as ineffective as it was), won him the fight. He didnt dominate. He didnt "kick any arse" as Cal fans try to make others believe. He barely edged out Hopkins only because he did more work than him. Hell, I scored it for Calzaghe.

So looking back at all the wins against American fighters, his only TRUE, DOMINATING preformance against an ABLE and DANGEROUS American fighter was against Jeff Lacy. hopkins was dangerous, but he didn't dominate him convincingly. If you guys want to call what he did against Hopkins Boxing, then go ahead, most wont.

So this is your "American Killer"? The only other great win was against Kessler, which I thought was brilliant. So including the Kessler fight, he's really only had 2 GREAT wins against GOOD fighters within the past 4 years.

Now, Calzaghe stans were saying, "Who the fack is Chad Dawrson? He's a nobody, who has he beat?"

Well, he went ahead and fought one of the biggest names in the LHW Division by the name of Glen Johnson and then went ahead and DOMINATED another big name, one of the BIGGEST names in the LHW division by the name of Antonio Tarver. Besides Bernard Hopkins (who wont fight Chad), those are the other 2 big names in the division.

Is that not what you guys were asking for? For Chad to make a name for himself? You guys say he's a nobody. He fights SOMEBODIES and then the excuse who changed to..

"Chad Dawson wants to make his name by fighting grandpas"

So then what is it, how he is supposed to make a name for himself? Let's be real here. Isn't that how Calzaghe made his name? By fighting grandpas in Bernard Hopkins and Roy Jones Jr? Chad isn't going to raise his marketing stock by fighting people that are unknown to the general public. Thats now how this Boxing **** works. Glen Johnson and Antonio Tarver were HIGHLY ranked LHW when Chad fought them. He wasn't just fighting 2 old hags.

Another reason why Dawson deserves a shot at Calzaghe. Calzaghe is generally considered the best LHW in the world, now. Refer to the previous text in red for reference of relation. He's already fought the other LHW in Hopkins. How is it blasphemy that the 3rd or 2nd best LHW (in most rankings), Chad Dawson, is asking for a shot at Calzaghe? Explain that to me? Isn't Calzaghe supposed to fight guys like Chad Dawson? Who else is there really for him to fight? He already said he wont fight Hopkins and Kessler again. Froch? Froch seriously deserve a shot ahead of Dawson? Not even you guys believe that.

So, again, there is no true reason why Dawson doesn't deserve a shot at Calzaghe. There isn't. Any excuse Cal stans bring up can EASILY apply to Calzaghe pre Hopkins. Any attempt to discredit Dawson's rise or game plan to familiarity and legacy can EASILY be applied to Calzaghe. Some one, let me know with out a DOUBT why this shouldn't happen.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-03-2009, 01:17 AM
Dan...
Fredette About It

Rep Power: 35 Dan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond reputeDan... has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,259,639,550.99
Total Points: 3,269,761,701.11
Round on me - boxing2005 Fuck a beer have some Don P with me for B-Hop, i aint drinkin by myself!!! - bearman3000 3K Posts! - T-97 Thanks bro - T-97 great poster!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Melly-Mel 
cheers to a great poster - Melly-Mel No Message - mt102879 It doesn't help that they are led by Flawless - arguably the most annoying man on the planet. - Left Hook Tua Thanks man. - Silencers To good debates in 09! - KrisSilver 
lol merry new year , sir. - Left Hook Tua Dr.Joshua: Mix this soda with rum, take a motrin, and call me in the morning. - J. HITTER 6000 posts, congrats! - JAB5239 Give these sour grapes to Ponting next time you see him - The Monk Cool cat, good poster - mangler 
Have a cold glass of Fosters - Kevin Jesus You deserve a kick for your red K to Gully - Carnivore Happy Birthday for tomorrow mate. - Philfy These are great! - jazluvr449 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ABOSWORTH 

I agree that if Calzaghe fights again it really has to be Dawson.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:21 AM
Ch@mpBox@PR
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Ch@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeCh@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeCh@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeCh@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeCh@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeCh@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeCh@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeCh@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeCh@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeCh@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeCh@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 174,268.99
Total Points: 634,829.01
:fing02: - mellow_mood congrats on 5K bro - Makavelli congrats on 5K - Gift Of Gab 5K Posts! - Viva Margarito! - Perro Thanks,  I'm a boxing fan before a fighter fan. - El Gallo Negro! 
Cheers on the Civil debate..... Those are rare around here. - DarchinyFAN woo......lucky i didn't see your pm 'til the game was over. jazz get too many help from refs in utah...... - Left Hook Tua A toast to ya homey. Here's to preachin knowledge and servin up ownage - mangler for the thread of the decade,  Floyd contradictions - Joe Kapp put this in your big mouth - JM1 
this goes to your ass - JM1 have the decency to learn english before you join a forum - JM1 youre one of the most p4p pathetic poster - JM1 make yourself pretty for your boyfriend - JM1 Have a tuna melt homey - mangler 
super guy! - jazluvr449 No Message - boxing fanatic More food - mangler No Message - Fiend Good poster - ADDICT 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Perro Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler 

I agree thatif he fights againt it should be Dawson.

But you got to love the double standard, people were ****ting all over zaghe, because he beated old men, in Hopkins and RJJ. Guess what? Zaghe was old when he fought them, and he will be old as ****, when he fights Dawson. So why its OK for Dawson to beat a senior citiszen but not zaghe??????? Plus the fact that Dawson 2 of his 3 big wins are against fading senior citiszens!!!
Old 02-03-2009, 01:24 AM
-Swizzy-
The Bad Guy

Rep Power: 29 -Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute-Swizzy- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,980,910,177,423.98
Total Points: 11,981,910,581,063.06
tua ko4 over arreola. tua ko8 over peter. war tua!!! - Left Hook Tua so i'm just a big joke to you eh? lmao - Left Hook Tua thanks. i'm quite a post whore. - Left Hook Tua thanks for supporting my thread mate - D E M Dz A here's another beer for being generous - D E M Dz A 
and something to eat with those beers...cheers mate you deserved it - D E M Dz A happy new year , canuck. - Left Hook Tua youre one of the best basketball knowledgable posters, youre a lebron fan but  you still cool - Tha_Greatest Happy holidays bro! - led* 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Left Hook Tua Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Dorian Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey 

I agree, how many fighters at the level of Dawson has Calzaghe fought? and when I say "level", I don't mean accomplishments, I mean Highly skilled fighters in their prime. the answer is ZERO. He fights past prime fighters or prime clowns. Lacy realistically lost 3 times since fighting Calz and only one lose was to a decent fighter(taylor). Lacy is, has, and always will be garbage.

Dawson would be a first for Calzaghe...a first prime highly skilled fighter and a first loss.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:27 AM
tommy boo boxer
Banned

Rep Power: 0 tommy boo boxer is infamous around these partstommy boo boxer is infamous around these partstommy boo boxer is infamous around these partstommy boo boxer is infamous around these partstommy boo boxer is infamous around these partstommy boo boxer is infamous around these partstommy boo boxer is infamous around these partstommy boo boxer is infamous around these partstommy boo boxer is infamous around these partstommy boo boxer is infamous around these partstommy boo boxer is infamous around these parts
Bank: 22,279.50
Total Points: 35,406.97

i feel for Calzaghe and his legacy, but if he aint gonna fight bhop or chad then PLEASE Joe stay retired.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:29 AM
upinurgirlsguts

Rep Power: 62 2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,047,160,669,517.96
Total Points: 13,048,171,655,857.20
keep fighting those huggers - mickey gomez &amp;quot;unlike floyd&amp;quot; was not a bad post for a marquez guy. lol beer on the pacnuthugger - Left Hook Tua Good poster. - Tek My Pounches you got jmm flaws down to the letter..... - Left Hook Tua I got my eye on you, sexy vato. - El Gallo Homo! 
You stay putting shit in proper perspective. - El Gallo Negro! Always right on the money homey - mangler Always keepin it real - mangler Cheers. I luv your threads homey - mangler Proper ownage of Floyd stans - WhoreUs 
cheers homey - MANGLER good poster - Mucus gangsta - Poor Lad 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Right Cross Ike 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ch@mpBox@PR View Post
I agree thatif he fights againt it should be Dawson.

But you got to love the double standard, people were ****ting all over zaghe, because he beated old men, in Hopkins and RJJ. Guess what? Zaghe was old when he fought them, and he will be old as ****, when he fights Dawson. So why its OK for Dawson to beat a senior citiszen but not zaghe??????? Plus the fact that Dawson 2 of his 3 big wins are against fading senior citiszens!!!
I answer your post in my original post.

The biggest and best names in the LHW Division are

Joe Calzaghe
Bernard Hopkins
Glenn Johnson
Antonio Tarver

These guys are UNIVERSALLY considered the best. How is it Chad's fault that the best guys are all old?

Furthermore, how can Chad be criticized for going after Calzaghe because Calzaghe is old when Calzaghe is considered THE CHAMP in the division? Who ELSE is Chad supposed to gun for?

Very easy math

Calzaghe = The Best
Dawson = Wants to fight The Best

Wants to fight the best + The best = Truly The Best

Age in this equation is of no relevance.
Old 02-03-2009, 01:52 AM
Ch@mpBox@PR
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Ch@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeCh@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeCh@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeCh@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeCh@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeCh@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeCh@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeCh@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeCh@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeCh@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond reputeCh@mpBox@PR has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 174,268.99
Total Points: 634,829.01
:fing02: - mellow_mood congrats on 5K bro - Makavelli congrats on 5K - Gift Of Gab 5K Posts! - Viva Margarito! - Perro Thanks,  I'm a boxing fan before a fighter fan. - El Gallo Negro! 
Cheers on the Civil debate..... Those are rare around here. - DarchinyFAN woo......lucky i didn't see your pm 'til the game was over. jazz get too many help from refs in utah...... - Left Hook Tua A toast to ya homey. Here's to preachin knowledge and servin up ownage - mangler for the thread of the decade,  Floyd contradictions - Joe Kapp put this in your big mouth - JM1 
this goes to your ass - JM1 have the decency to learn english before you join a forum - JM1 youre one of the most p4p pathetic poster - JM1 make yourself pretty for your boyfriend - JM1 Have a tuna melt homey - mangler 
super guy! - jazluvr449 No Message - boxing fanatic More food - mangler No Message - Fiend Good poster - ADDICT 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - Perro Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - mangler Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 Gay and Lesbian Pride - JM1 AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2501 View Post
I answer your post in my original post.

The biggest and best names in the LHW Division are

Joe Calzaghe
Bernard Hopkins
Glenn Johnson
Antonio Tarver

These guys are UNIVERSALLY considered the best. How is it Chad's fault that the best guys are all old?

Furthermore, how can Chad be criticized for going after Calzaghe because Calzaghe is old when Calzaghe is considered THE CHAMP in the division? Who ELSE is Chad supposed to gun for?

Very easy math

Calzaghe = The Best
Dawson = Wants to fight The Best

Wants to fight the best + The best = Truly The Best

Age in this equation is of no relevance.
Ho Age is not in the equation for Dawson-Zaghe but it is/was for Zaghe-Hopkins?????
Old 02-03-2009, 07:08 AM
Mozza
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 26 Mozza has a reputation beyond reputeMozza has a reputation beyond reputeMozza has a reputation beyond reputeMozza has a reputation beyond reputeMozza has a reputation beyond reputeMozza has a reputation beyond reputeMozza has a reputation beyond reputeMozza has a reputation beyond reputeMozza has a reputation beyond reputeMozza has a reputation beyond reputeMozza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 13,394,520.93
Total Points: 13,513,697.55
Chump of the month award. - £Hank$Moody€ 

Six months ago people were holding up Pavlik's record saying it was better than Calzaghe's. This has been going on for years and the truth is there is nothing Calzaghe can do to convince some people.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:09 AM
Pugilistic™
Underrated

Rep Power: 30 Pugilistic™ has a reputation beyond reputePugilistic™ has a reputation beyond reputePugilistic™ has a reputation beyond reputePugilistic™ has a reputation beyond reputePugilistic™ has a reputation beyond reputePugilistic™ has a reputation beyond reputePugilistic™ has a reputation beyond reputePugilistic™ has a reputation beyond reputePugilistic™ has a reputation beyond reputePugilistic™ has a reputation beyond reputePugilistic™ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 24,622,487,364,922.12
Total Points: 24,622,488,372,177.42
You the man.  Thanks again for the video - Spiegelo Thanks for the GIF and its perfect too - slicksouthpaw16 Gifs :D - T-97 a toast. to the greatest idiot ever......flawless. - Left Hook Tua Have a cookie you helpful bastard - Spiegelo 
5K Post Award (from a white guy who people think is black to another white guy who people think is black) - DWiens421 5k. Congrats. - Silencers have a piece of my favorite cake! - steelhead have a piece of my favorite cake! - steelhead I support underage drinkin homey - mangler 
Have a tuna melt homey - mangler Good/great posters deserve recognition! - jazluvr 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 

If Calzaghe does fight again it should be against either Dawson or Hopkins.
Old 02-03-2009, 07:11 AM
Ishy Aytan
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 Ishy Aytan is infamous around these partsIshy Aytan is infamous around these partsIshy Aytan is infamous around these partsIshy Aytan is infamous around these partsIshy Aytan is infamous around these partsIshy Aytan is infamous around these partsIshy Aytan is infamous around these partsIshy Aytan is infamous around these partsIshy Aytan is infamous around these partsIshy Aytan is infamous around these partsIshy Aytan is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,140,038.31
Thanks for your support and respect - Massage Queen returning the favor, you got great post too - C.Y. 

Great thread 2501.

Very intelligent.