Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Which pair of gloves should I get?
IMF Tech-training gloves 3 23.08%
Ultimate Training Gloves $99.99 0 0%
Twins Lace-up Thai Training gloves $69. 2 15.38%
Rival Elite bag gloves $84. 1 7.69%
Cleto Reyes Super Bag gloves $129. 7 53.85%
Ultimate Bag gloves $99.99 0 0%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 11-23-2008, 01:07 PM
We want Floyd
Banned

Rep Power: 0 We want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,486.22
Total Points: 351,777.13

Fellas please, I want feedback and votes.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-23-2008, 07:57 PM
We want Floyd
Banned

Rep Power: 0 We want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond reputeWe want Floyd has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,486.22
Total Points: 351,777.13

I actually found a store in my area where they sell brand name combat sports equipment. The one's they had available at the store were the IMF's training gloves, Fairtex and Twins gloves.

The Twins training gloves and IMF - tech training gloves were pretty close, the IMF's had more padding on the knuckle area, but the fit and feel were good for both brands. I am leaning towards the IMF's at this point.

The one thing about the Ultimate bag gloves is that it comes in tan color, which gives it the old-school look. Has anyone tried the Ultimate bag gloves?
Old 11-23-2008, 08:34 PM
x-PeROxiDE-x
The Pride of Wales 46-0

Rep Power: 13 x-PeROxiDE-x has a reputation beyond reputex-PeROxiDE-x has a reputation beyond reputex-PeROxiDE-x has a reputation beyond reputex-PeROxiDE-x has a reputation beyond reputex-PeROxiDE-x has a reputation beyond reputex-PeROxiDE-x has a reputation beyond reputex-PeROxiDE-x has a reputation beyond reputex-PeROxiDE-x has a reputation beyond reputex-PeROxiDE-x has a reputation beyond reputex-PeROxiDE-x has a reputation beyond reputex-PeROxiDE-x has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,778.92
Total Points: 53,921.59
A Calzaghe fan and he pays his bets! Top man. - S a m u r a i 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASGAGOMEXI View Post
I actually found a store in my area where they sell brand name combat sports equipment. The one's they had available at the store were the IMF's training gloves, Fairtex and Twins gloves.

The Twins training gloves and IMF - tech training gloves were pretty close, the IMF's had more padding on the knuckle area, but the fit and feel were good for both brands. I am leaning towards the IMF's at this point.

The one thing about the Ultimate bag gloves is that it comes in tan color, which gives it the old-school look. Has anyone tried the Ultimate bag gloves?
So you're doing all this hard work, just to look cool?

If you're heart aint really in boxing, get out before you get hurt.
Old 11-23-2008, 08:37 PM
T-97
BuyTheTicketTakeTheRide

Rep Power: 187 T-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond reputeT-97 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 17,176,562,256,446.81
Total Points: 17,176,562,927,180.42
Romanian Steamie, Enjoy :p - Dorian wipe that semen off your avatar :P - texanballer Have a cookie! - ЯiZO Thanks for the link - Nautilus Thanks bud!! - -ROGELIO- 
I'm not drinking by myself :) - GreatJoe T man KO1 earth - KrisSilver CUNT! - ЯiZO CUNNNNNT! &amp;gt;=[ - ЯiZO The action in which the male ejaculates on his partner's face, and then the male punches his partner's nose, which causes blood to stream forth. The semen and blood fluids create a red and white image, just like the icing and filling of a strawberry - Stewie 
A small token of appreciation for your generosity! T FTW! - danc1984 For being one of the good guys. - FRKO To: T - TRAVI$ Happy New Year Mr T! - KrisSilver For being amazingly generous. My dude, you rock. - FRKO 
eat cookies - Jewshua I.O.U 500k - RiΖO For a lover of quality music - jazluvr Leave again and you die - Uns No Message - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Left Hook Tua Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - abosworth Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - abosworth Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Left Hook Tua Hepatitis C - Ryn0 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Mr._Pink 

Get these:

Old 11-24-2008, 12:35 AM
Buckfever
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 10 Buckfever is a jewel in the roughBuckfever is a jewel in the roughBuckfever is a jewel in the rough
Bank: 9,195,414.18
Total Points: 9,220,699.40

You want to protect your hands when working the heavy bag. Get a pair of gloves specific for that. The Super bag gloves are great in that regard and don't cost that much. I use the Power bag gloves because I like adding the weights as I only do it for a workout. The Super bag glove is the same glove without the weight system.
Old 11-24-2008, 01:00 AM
Fenom
No Ceilings

Rep Power: 12 Fenom has a reputation beyond reputeFenom has a reputation beyond reputeFenom has a reputation beyond reputeFenom has a reputation beyond reputeFenom has a reputation beyond reputeFenom has a reputation beyond reputeFenom has a reputation beyond reputeFenom has a reputation beyond reputeFenom has a reputation beyond reputeFenom has a reputation beyond reputeFenom has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 15,762,529.74
Total Points: 15,831,735.60
beer from tua for the cowboy. - Left Hook Tua 1K Posts! - T-97 1K posts! 3 beers in a row! Keep it up iBox!! - BatTheMan Congrats..Here's a bottle of some Grey Goose. LOL - Ray  Ray Aaaahhhhhh. Just what the doctor ordered. - BatTheMan 
Floyd Mayweather Jr - Dorian Thanks Bro....Tarver Milk Dud Sig in hilarious - Golden Boy 360 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ABOSWORTH 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MASGAGOMEXI View Post
I'm not sure which one to pick, would like some feedback.

In the past I've worn Rings*de and Fairtex bag gloves. For tourneys/sparring I've worn Rings*de, Fairtex and Cleto Reyes fight gloves.

I was checkin' out T*tle and Rings*de's websites and I was surprised that they also have "Training" gloves along with bag gloves, sparring glove & fight gloves .

Sh*t, back in my amateur days, I thought there were only two types of gloves.... bag gloves and fight gloves(i left it to my coach to buy the gloves for me and never really bothered with checkin' out the websites myself)

Now, I don't feel like spending $$$ on purchasing two gloves for the heavybag and one for sparring. Are Training gloves suppose to be a cross between bag gloves and sparring gloves?

And if this is the case, then I guess I'm buying the Training gloves. Or is it still better to buy two types of gloves to serve different purposes? Please advise
yea man..... im not sure what the difference is between training, sparring, bag gloves blah blah blah..... at our gym we we use sparring and or training gloves (same thing) for every activity

16 ounces at least for the heavy bag, sparring, double end bag, mitt work, etc. Makes your body used to the 16s, makes you faster so when you put on 10 or 12 ounces for a fight they feel like nothing!

Also idk if your like me but i've trained and fought in Cleto Reyes & Everlast gloves and i always seem to hurt my hands.... until i bought some Winning gloves, they're the best!!! Never had a problem... EVER. They a bit expensive but def. worth it...... also you may want to think about Grant, i've never tried they're gloves but have heard some great things... and their not too expensive