Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 10-18-2008, 06:11 AM
DWiens421
Mission Complete!

Rep Power: 63 DWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 113,744,579.71
Total Points: 113,920,115.71
We're twins now! :D - -Hyperion- Thanks man - starjammer Eat Fresh - Dorian 10,000 Posts! - Tunney Truce - WLAD OWNS 
a toast to team klitoris! lmao - Left Hook Tua Tye Bible, Page 23 Talks about his dive vs Monte - Dorian Replacing the old gift.. from top rookie to top poster - Welter_Skelter a drink for winky. - Left Hook Tua Juanma Lopez! - Dorian 
boxingscene top ten serious poster - mickey gomez Thank you for the great compliment. - JAB5239 Cheers bro. DWiens FTW! - danc1984 cheers - Makavelli Good Poster! - J. HITTER 
That was a funny thread. - El Gallo Negro! You complete me, ese. - El Gallo Homo! 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Bollocks 
Default Morales vs. Ayala

Wow...

Morales is looking like a cold-blooded sharpshooter in there in this fight. I cannot believe the amount of flush, hard punches he is landing on Ayala, and it is almost every punch in the book.

Other than the jab, he has landed every punch I can think of, and they have all made me say "Wow!" or something like that.

Left Uppercut
Right Uppercut (and a ton of them)
Straight Right
Left Hook (these look particularly brutal in this fight)

He has shown me a couple of other things in this fight that have made me say "Wow!" too...

At the end of one round, he countered with a good shot, and when it knocked Ayala back, he turned into an absolute savage, throwing and landing vicious shot after vicious shot until the round was over.

At the end of round 6, he seriously had me wondering when he turned into Floyd Mayweather defensively... he was ducking and slipping shots on the ropes and countering with real hard shots.

I just can't believe all the great stuff I have seen in this fight so far, and it is only the 6th round...
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 10-18-2008, 06:14 AM
Silencers
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 60 Silencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,145,269,157,181.08
Total Points: 10,145,273,452,889.49
You're a great poster man!  The site is lucky to have you. - abosworth You're my hero!! :D - Spiegelo It's a pleasure to read your posts. - The_Bringer boxingscene's Top Ten Serious Poster - mickey gomez boxingsences best happy xmas man lets drink to a good 1 good health - The Jackal 
Have an apple bro - danc1984 Happy 09 to one of NSB's finest! - KrisSilver Too many good things to say. But in short, a humble &amp;amp; very knowledgeable poster. - J. HITTER One serious poster of BoxingScene FROM: - FasTHarD Have a beer, for one of the best Posters - Golden Boy 360 
Apple for the teacher, - mitruth from one intelligent  person to another ;) - Massage Queen Floyd Mayweather  Greatest fighter of his era - Malcolm. Boxing Scences Finest Happy bithday - The Jackal To one of Boxing Scene's Elite. - Izrock 
For the fight man - The Jackal For one of Boxingscene's finest! - Shadows No Message - Mucus ATG poster - Mucus Have a slice - Juan Gabriel 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sox8055 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - The Jackal Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Sox8055 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Sox8055 

Morales was actually a skilled boxer if he wanted to be, he just loved fighting but he could box when he wanted to behind his jab and pick his spots, didn't happen often though, he'd get drawn into brawls most of the time.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:15 AM
DWiens421
Mission Complete!

Rep Power: 63 DWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond reputeDWiens421 has a reputation beyond repute
We're twins now! :D - -Hyperion- Thanks man - starjammer Eat Fresh - Dorian 10,000 Posts! - Tunney Truce - WLAD OWNS 
a toast to team klitoris! lmao - Left Hook Tua Tye Bible, Page 23 Talks about his dive vs Monte - Dorian Replacing the old gift.. from top rookie to top poster - Welter_Skelter a drink for winky. - Left Hook Tua Juanma Lopez! - Dorian 
boxingscene top ten serious poster - mickey gomez Thank you for the great compliment. - JAB5239 Cheers bro. DWiens FTW! - danc1984 cheers - Makavelli Good Poster! - J. HITTER 
That was a funny thread. - El Gallo Negro! You complete me, ese. - El Gallo Homo! 

More random audible noises came from my mouth in round 7... Morales was showboating and then just launched two separate combinations that knocked Ayala across the ring.

The most impressive thing in this fight so far? The chin and heart of Paulie Ayala... he is being taken apart, piece by piece, and he hasn't been hurt and is firing punches back like Ayala is still trying to win the fight.

Pretty incredible fight for being such a clear crush on the scorecards.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:16 AM
DWiens421
Mission Complete!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencers View Post
Morales was actually a skilled boxer if he wanted to be, he just loved fighting but he could box when he wanted to behind his jab and pick his spots, didn't happen often though, he'd get drawn into brawls most of the time.
He still isn't exactly boxing though...

I have labeled what he and people like Juan Manuel and Rafael Marquez do as boxing-engaging... Basically using the skills a slick boxer has to actually fight and get the better of it because of the better technique, straighter punches, etc.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:21 AM
Silencers
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 60 Silencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond reputeSilencers has a reputation beyond repute
You're a great poster man!  The site is lucky to have you. - abosworth You're my hero!! :D - Spiegelo It's a pleasure to read your posts. - The_Bringer boxingscene's Top Ten Serious Poster - mickey gomez boxingsences best happy xmas man lets drink to a good 1 good health - The Jackal 
Have an apple bro - danc1984 Happy 09 to one of NSB's finest! - KrisSilver Too many good things to say. But in short, a humble &amp;amp; very knowledgeable poster. - J. HITTER One serious poster of BoxingScene FROM: - FasTHarD Have a beer, for one of the best Posters - Golden Boy 360 
Apple for the teacher, - mitruth from one intelligent  person to another ;) - Massage Queen Floyd Mayweather  Greatest fighter of his era - Malcolm. Boxing Scences Finest Happy bithday - The Jackal To one of Boxing Scene's Elite. - Izrock 
For the fight man - The Jackal For one of Boxingscene's finest! - Shadows No Message - Mucus ATG poster - Mucus Have a slice - Juan Gabriel 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sox8055 Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - The Jackal Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Sox8055 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Sox8055 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWiens421 View Post
He still isn't exactly boxing though...

I have labeled what he and people like Juan Manuel and Rafael Marquez do as boxing-engaging... Basically using the skills a slick boxer has to actually fight and get the better of it because of the better technique, straighter punches, etc.
I understand what you're saying, it's aggressive boxing or power boxing, Morales can box when he wanted to though.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:26 AM
DWiens421
Mission Complete!

I wonder why Morales is being a such jerk in this fight...

Normally he was a pretty good sport unless the guy he was fighting was a d-bag in the press conferences leading up or was fouling a lot. I can't imagine Ayala was a real jerk leading up, and he hasn't done anything dirty yet. Morales seems to be very against touching gloves, and actually made fun of Ayala when Ayala hit him flush with his best shot of the night. Morales started to lean over like he was hurt, but obviously was joking.

Weird...
Old 10-18-2008, 06:41 AM
Silencers
Undisputed Champion

I think he was just showing disrespect to Ayala's punching power, probably nothing personal.

Morales also hurt both his hands in the fight if I remember correctly.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:43 AM
DWiens421
Mission Complete!

Wow... this fight really trailed off for the last few rounds, until the 12th round...

When Morales decided to go into beast mode looking for the knockout. I'm actually pretty shocked he didn't get it... He landed 76 out of 141 shots in that round, and they still looked real hard.

For the first time in the fight, he looked really hurt, and I thought he was going out, but he survived. Credit to Paulie Ayala.

Great fight if you want to see the skill set that Erik Morales has.
Old 10-18-2008, 06:44 AM
DWiens421
Mission Complete!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silencers View Post
I think he was just showing disrespect to Ayala's punching power, probably nothing personal.

Morales also hurt both his hands in the fight if I remember correctly.
He said he hurt his left in the corner, but... I didn't hear anything about his right.
Old 10-18-2008, 09:26 AM
Solitario
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 Solitario has a reputation beyond reputeSolitario has a reputation beyond reputeSolitario has a reputation beyond reputeSolitario has a reputation beyond reputeSolitario has a reputation beyond reputeSolitario has a reputation beyond reputeSolitario has a reputation beyond reputeSolitario has a reputation beyond reputeSolitario has a reputation beyond reputeSolitario has a reputation beyond reputeSolitario has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,407,564,239,292.51
Total Points: 2,407,564,285,995.92

Quote:
Originally Posted by DWiens421 View Post
I wonder why Morales is being a such jerk in this fight...

Normally he was a pretty good sport unless the guy he was fighting was a d-bag in the press conferences leading up or was fouling a lot. I can't imagine Ayala was a real jerk leading up, and he hasn't done anything dirty yet. Morales seems to be very against touching gloves, and actually made fun of Ayala when Ayala hit him flush with his best shot of the night. Morales started to lean over like he was hurt, but obviously was joking.

Weird...
Wasn't Ayala friends with Barrera? Maybe that had something to do with it. They may have exchanged words at some point or some ****e.