Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 09-15-2008, 07:44 AM
Mickey Gomez
Mick returns.

Rep Power: 17 Mickey Gomez has a reputation beyond reputeMickey Gomez has a reputation beyond reputeMickey Gomez has a reputation beyond reputeMickey Gomez has a reputation beyond reputeMickey Gomez has a reputation beyond reputeMickey Gomez has a reputation beyond reputeMickey Gomez has a reputation beyond reputeMickey Gomez has a reputation beyond reputeMickey Gomez has a reputation beyond reputeMickey Gomez has a reputation beyond reputeMickey Gomez has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,109,796,429.14
Total Points: 1,112,502,882.14
Not even superman is as Flashy as you - SkillspayBills Hit Me Back - Dorian Get the Gifts going! - reedickyaluss here's to pure unadulturated objectivity! - 2501 have a drink bro. - Melly-Mel 
A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Thanks man. - silencers98 2K posts! Barry would be proud so he would! - Chunk have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier 
Default Does high humidity have detrimental effects on a person's cardio?

I'm fighting in Malaysia in October, humidity for that time of year will be close to 100%. I train in 30 50% humidity.

Will this affect my performance? And how can I counteract any detrimental effects?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 09-15-2008, 12:12 PM
Oriachim
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 Oriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond reputeOriachim has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,141,098.48

It makes you fitter if you were to move back to rainy cold england for example. Cause when you train in the heat, you get less oxygen and your body works harder or something, thats what I got told anyway. (this also means it harder to train/perform in the heat). However, I also got told by my dad, that training in the heat is just harder, it doesn't affect your fitness.
Old 09-15-2008, 06:28 PM
!! Shawn
!! Shown

Rep Power: 44 !! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 352,379,727,733.93
Total Points: 415,783,511,131.42
Thanks for the advice. - mickey gomez to help keep you sharp in your debates - -PedoBear- Nonito Donaire's #1 fan. He loves talking about him all day. Shawn + Nonito = &lt;3 - subhuman Happy holidays bro! - led* Hypocrites&gt; Hippocrates :dunno: :lol1: - jose830 
Thanks for the karma.  Here's a gift . Always thought u were a good poster  and ur a fellow Rigotard . - Respect Power 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - NewYork 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey gomez View Post
I'm fighting in Malaysia in October, humidity for that time of year will be close to 100%. I train in 30 50% humidity.

Will this affect my performance? And how can I counteract any detrimental effects?
The biggest effect it has is on your bodys ability to remove heat. In case you didn't know your body removes heat through evaporation. That is what sweat is for. However, in higher humidities, the Air does not have to ability to absorb any more water vapor and hence little to no evaporation takes place.

You over heat easily and take a long time to cool down. No effects on your cardio, just your body temperature. Also, as your body temperature rises, your muscle efficiency goes down the toilet giving the feeling of having your "strength sapped".

The best thing you can do is make sure you don't over exert yourself and make sure your corner has lots of VERY cold water to poor on your head between rounds.
Old 09-16-2008, 03:33 AM
celeritas
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 0 celeritas has a spectacular aura aboutceleritas has a spectacular aura aboutceleritas has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 3,038.43

I would try to go there for while before the fight to help you get used to it. Aside from that, what the other guys said, lots of water...
Old 09-16-2008, 05:03 AM
Mickey Gomez
Mick returns.

Rep Power: 17 Mickey Gomez has a reputation beyond reputeMickey Gomez has a reputation beyond reputeMickey Gomez has a reputation beyond reputeMickey Gomez has a reputation beyond reputeMickey Gomez has a reputation beyond reputeMickey Gomez has a reputation beyond reputeMickey Gomez has a reputation beyond reputeMickey Gomez has a reputation beyond reputeMickey Gomez has a reputation beyond reputeMickey Gomez has a reputation beyond reputeMickey Gomez has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,109,796,429.14
Total Points: 1,112,502,882.14
Not even superman is as Flashy as you - SkillspayBills Hit Me Back - Dorian Get the Gifts going! - reedickyaluss here's to pure unadulturated objectivity! - 2501 have a drink bro. - Melly-Mel 
A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Thanks man. - silencers98 2K posts! Barry would be proud so he would! - Chunk have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier 

Quote:
Originally Posted by !! Shawn View Post
The biggest effect it has is on your bodys ability to remove heat. In case you didn't know your body removes heat through evaporation. That is what sweat is for. However, in higher humidities, the Air does not have to ability to absorb any more water vapor and hence little to no evaporation takes place.

You over heat easily and take a long time to cool down. No effects on your cardio, just your body temperature. Also, as your body temperature rises, your muscle efficiency goes down the toilet giving the feeling of having your "strength sapped".

The best thing you can do is make sure you don't over exert yourself and make sure your corner has lots of VERY cold water to poor on your head between rounds.
Thanks Shawn, excellent advice as usual. Can't give you karma so take a gift instead.

I was concerned that the moisture ridden air would have hampered my cardio. I think I can combat the heat, I do my roadwork at midday when the sun is at it's harshest, I will also as you recommended bring plenty of ice water to the ring for between rounds.