Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 08-11-2008, 01:18 PM
supRa
supercharged

Rep Power: 25 supRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond reputesupRa has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,018,158,503.51
Total Points: 4,018,245,479.81
Merry Christmas - msagrain here you go - Savino Have a snack homey. You good peoples. - mangler for being a cool dude - mangler jr Cool mothafukka - mangler 
No Message - ??? good video bro! good luck on your next fight! - jose830 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - .::WaRCoTTo::. Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - ??? Gay and Lesbian Pride - $iCaRiO Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - WANGLER 
Send a message via Skype™ to supRa

jones CLEARLY won bout with park, i heard that his pro carrer was garbage
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 08-11-2008, 11:58 PM
Mafcherano
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Mafcherano will become famous soon enoughMafcherano will become famous soon enough
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 9,012.01

Alot of people blame the new points systme for that robbery even though electronic scoring was introduced at Barcelona 92. Whatever system they used, it was a clear robbery. The new system is bogus but too often even within this sytem the judges do ropbberies and don't score big shots against ****s and *****s. just because they are hosting it.
Old 08-12-2008, 03:24 AM
beats are us
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 7 beats are us will become famous soon enoughbeats are us will become famous soon enough
Total Points: 5,293.90

just youtube it.. its an embarassment.. jones DOMINATED..
Old 08-12-2008, 04:19 AM
Mafcherano
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Mafcherano will become famous soon enoughMafcherano will become famous soon enough

Not only did the ***** not win a single round, he didn't even get a single punch in. Was completely outclassed. I think this was the reasoning behind the current fencing style scoring system.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:52 AM
mgkirkpatrick
act like you know

Rep Power: 46 mgkirkpatrick has a reputation beyond reputemgkirkpatrick has a reputation beyond reputemgkirkpatrick has a reputation beyond reputemgkirkpatrick has a reputation beyond reputemgkirkpatrick has a reputation beyond reputemgkirkpatrick has a reputation beyond reputemgkirkpatrick has a reputation beyond reputemgkirkpatrick has a reputation beyond reputemgkirkpatrick has a reputation beyond reputemgkirkpatrick has a reputation beyond reputemgkirkpatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 32,139.16
Total Points: 201,366.37
Cheers to you too!!! - BennyST So Ya don't have to watch Big Brother ;P - woftam Enjoy while watching Ten HD - Salty Got a gift for you. Now you're e-rich - ??? Superman! - BennyST 
Heres one for the road. - Team Mundine cheer up champ - Bronco's were terrific. - woftam Happy New Year - woftam 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafcherano View Post
Not only did the ***** not win a single round, he didn't even get a single punch in. Was completely outclassed. I think this was the reasoning behind the current fencing style scoring system.
It is one of the reasons, a key one. Have you read the essay?
Old 08-12-2008, 02:35 PM
Mafcherano
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgkirkpatrick View Post
It is one of the reasons, a key one. Have you read the essay?
No, but I took an educated guess and I know about the story of the IOC reading riot act to AIBA. Even a Korean was robbed and sat down in the ring in protest. I suppose it would be impossible under current scoring system to do a robbery as dumb as the one Jones suffered, but they still do happen. In light heavy prelim's on Friday a Chinese boxer was leading 1-0 coming into second round. In that 2nd round the Tunisian southpaw landed three good shots including one hurtful looking left that did not score. The chinese fighter did nothing that round except eat leather on the counter. In later rounds he landed but they too did not score, and the chinese fighter picked up a few more points. The commentator even said I don't like that 2nd round scoring one bit. If anyone else saw the fight they would be disgusted at the hometown favouritism in the current scoring system too.

I bet Moa Se Tung's henchmen are still about threatening the lives of the judges cats and dogs! Them *****s love to oppress their people so imagine what they do to others? I heard and American Athens medallist in skating had his visa revoked due to his views on Darfur. A bloody disgrace and the IOC should be ashamed of themselves for the only two incidents I have seen live from this 2008 Olympics.
Old 09-03-2008, 02:28 AM
mcentepede
Up and Comer

Rep Power: 7 mcentepede has a reputation beyond reputemcentepede has a reputation beyond reputemcentepede has a reputation beyond reputemcentepede has a reputation beyond reputemcentepede has a reputation beyond reputemcentepede has a reputation beyond reputemcentepede has a reputation beyond reputemcentepede has a reputation beyond reputemcentepede has a reputation beyond reputemcentepede has a reputation beyond reputemcentepede has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 2,104.63

Well, I'm in my 30's and I did watch those fights at the Olympics. Here's what I remembered. I will go by sheer memory here.
1) 1976 Montreal-Best American boxing team ever 5 golds, all won pro titles except Howard Davis.
2) 1980-Boycott by Americans and Canada. Canada's team was actually probably better than Americans.
3) 1984- Los Angeles. Terrible Olympics. The begining of politics,cheating and biased decisions in favor of host countries. No Cuba, no Russia, no contest. Top it off, U.S. boxing team won 9 gold against watered down competition and still looked bad. Shawn Sullivan beat Tate easy and got robbed, best Americans were Taylor, Pernell, and Holified without a doubt. Carl Lewis wins 4 gold medals against watered down competition.
4)1988 Korea. What can I say? Koreans hold a grudge. They bribe their way to medals and rob Roy Jones. This is last time U.S.A. sends a solid squad of boxers to Olympics with solid competition. Ben Johnson fastest in the world, streroids scandals.
5)1992 Barcelona. U.S.A. wins 1 boxing gold medal- Oscar Hoya. Felix Savon and Cuba start to dominate boxing here.
6)1996 Atlanta. Embarassing for U.S.A. 1 gold medal-David Reid. Cuba running away with boxing again.
7)2000 Sydney, Cuba dominates while U.S.A. can't seem to send good fighters anymore
8)2004 Greece. More of the same. 1 gold
9)2008 China. Cuba held to 4 medALS,no gold. U.S.A. just held. Boxing has become a slap and run sport.
10)2012 England. Boxing is fading as an exciting Olympic sport.
Old 09-29-2014, 04:09 AM
Century Tuna
Speed Can Kill

Rep Power: 6 Century Tuna has a reputation beyond reputeCentury Tuna has a reputation beyond reputeCentury Tuna has a reputation beyond reputeCentury Tuna has a reputation beyond reputeCentury Tuna has a reputation beyond reputeCentury Tuna has a reputation beyond reputeCentury Tuna has a reputation beyond reputeCentury Tuna has a reputation beyond reputeCentury Tuna has a reputation beyond reputeCentury Tuna has a reputation beyond reputeCentury Tuna has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,396,133.93
Total Points: 1,419,041.14
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Century Tuna Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Century Tuna 

10 points must system is being implemented now at any amateur boxing competition with no headgear in mens boxing..watched the fight at youtube clearly it was a robbery..
Old 10-02-2014, 09:46 PM
Mugwump
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 Mugwump has a reputation beyond reputeMugwump has a reputation beyond reputeMugwump has a reputation beyond reputeMugwump has a reputation beyond reputeMugwump has a reputation beyond reputeMugwump has a reputation beyond reputeMugwump has a reputation beyond reputeMugwump has a reputation beyond reputeMugwump has a reputation beyond reputeMugwump has a reputation beyond reputeMugwump has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 2,035,091.42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flawless View Post
I donít get it; Roy Jones won the fight so Cleary, why doesnít he just get a gold medal. They should reverse that decision. Worst Robbery I have ever seen
This is silly. "The worst robbery" must be one you wouldn't dream could happen.

If you didn't see a robbery coming in one of the most corrupt organisations in sport with an American fighter battling a KOREAN in KOREA for a GOLD MEDAL I know a bridge in London you can buy.
Old 10-23-2014, 09:08 AM
MrRolltide91
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 MrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond reputeMrRolltide91 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 5,555,987,482,852.70

wow..........