Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Reply
Thread Navigation

#21
Old 08-07-2008, 01:55 PM
fightingfigs
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,347
Rep Power: 0 fightingfigs is infamous around these partsfightingfigs is infamous around these partsfightingfigs is infamous around these partsfightingfigs is infamous around these partsfightingfigs is infamous around these partsfightingfigs is infamous around these partsfightingfigs is infamous around these partsfightingfigs is infamous around these partsfightingfigs is infamous around these partsfightingfigs is infamous around these partsfightingfigs is infamous around these parts
Points: 88,419.41
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 88,419.41
Default

Yea but first off Clottey is hurt. Second Clottey expressed his eagerness to fight Berto.

Margarito has already beaten Clottey and why would anyone wanna see this again? Both fighters have stuck to thier same fighting method since 2006 , I dont see anything changing in the outcome.

I would like to see Paul Williams again because he has beaten Tony, Tony is the #1 ranked welter in the eyes of many, including HBO.

Paul Williams beat the #1 ranked welter and is ready and available to do it again, why not try to avenge your loss?

The fight would be exciting no doubt, alot more excititng than a Joshua Clottey.
Reply With Quote
fightingfigs is offline
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
#22
Old 08-07-2008, 01:57 PM
DuttyAlacrity
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,674
Rep Power: 12 DuttyAlacrity has a reputation beyond reputeDuttyAlacrity has a reputation beyond reputeDuttyAlacrity has a reputation beyond reputeDuttyAlacrity has a reputation beyond reputeDuttyAlacrity has a reputation beyond reputeDuttyAlacrity has a reputation beyond reputeDuttyAlacrity has a reputation beyond reputeDuttyAlacrity has a reputation beyond reputeDuttyAlacrity has a reputation beyond reputeDuttyAlacrity has a reputation beyond reputeDuttyAlacrity has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 17,940.46
Bank: 2,048,975.14
Total Points: 2,066,915.60
No Message - DuttyAlacrity For posting facts. - ABOSWORTH You deserve two gifts from me. - ABOSWORTH Big Dutty Stinking Alacrity! U dun know Nuff respect to the I dem everytime - The Gully Gad 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Ether 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El 7 Mares View Post
Let me tell you why.

Joshua Clottey just fought a main event against the former WW Champion, Zab Judah on HBO and won. He is on a winning streak and hasn't lost a fight since Tony Margarito in '06.

Paul Williams' last two fights were on Showtime. Neither of which was the main event. He lost the first one, with a horrible showing, and didn't show much in the rematch, which could be considered a fluke, with Quintana not being properly warmed up.

If Williams wants to raise his value, he needs to seek a 3rd fight with Quintana or a slugfest against Kermit Cintron. This fight needs to happen on HBO, preferibly on a doubleheader with Tony vs Clottey. Then maybe if he wins, a fight with Tony would be more sellable to the general public.
this guy is making margarito fans look bad
Reply With Quote
DuttyAlacrity is offline
#23
Old 08-07-2008, 01:57 PM
Bad_Barracuda
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,710
Rep Power: 0 Bad_Barracuda is infamous around these partsBad_Barracuda is infamous around these partsBad_Barracuda is infamous around these partsBad_Barracuda is infamous around these partsBad_Barracuda is infamous around these partsBad_Barracuda is infamous around these partsBad_Barracuda is infamous around these partsBad_Barracuda is infamous around these partsBad_Barracuda is infamous around these partsBad_Barracuda is infamous around these partsBad_Barracuda is infamous around these parts
Points: 31,312.34
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 31,312.34
have a cold one - Pico Hollywood 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaYaN_SuN View Post
lol True..But I don't even think Mayweather could have gotten by Cotto with the momentum(sp) Miguel had. Miguel punches are short and hard, they would have turned that shoulder D into shredded pork, especially at the torso.


Mayweather knew exactly what he was doin in avoiding Cotto.


If Mayweather had any heart, he would have takin Cotto after the Judah and Mosley wins.

He would have inserted himself for a big paycheck and a big fight.
If Cotto had any heart he would have expressed interest in fighting Mayweather.

You can't show me a single offer Arum made for a Cotto/Floyd fight.

Whenever asked by Kellerman or Merchant COTTO NEVER SAID FLOYD'S NAME.

Oh sure he talked PLENTY **** to the latino newpapers...but nutted-up during post-fight interviews.

Don't give me that "Cotto is too much of a gentleman to call out fighters" bull****.

You don't have to be rude about calling a guy out..it could be done with class.

You can't avoid somebody that doesn't want to fight you.

Floyd has faced big punchers his entire career..Cotto's overrated power was NOTHING for him to be afraid of.
Reply With Quote
Bad_Barracuda is offline
#24
Old 08-07-2008, 01:58 PM
fightingfigs
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,347
Rep Power: 0 fightingfigs is infamous around these partsfightingfigs is infamous around these partsfightingfigs is infamous around these partsfightingfigs is infamous around these partsfightingfigs is infamous around these partsfightingfigs is infamous around these partsfightingfigs is infamous around these partsfightingfigs is infamous around these partsfightingfigs is infamous around these partsfightingfigs is infamous around these partsfightingfigs is infamous around these parts
Points: 88,419.41
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 88,419.41
Default

Thats because its Viva Mexico or Shalafi 1 or the other since the bans
Reply With Quote
fightingfigs is offline
#25
Old 08-07-2008, 01:59 PM
fightingfigs
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2008
Posts: 4,347
Rep Power: 0 fightingfigs is infamous around these partsfightingfigs is infamous around these partsfightingfigs is infamous around these partsfightingfigs is infamous around these partsfightingfigs is infamous around these partsfightingfigs is infamous around these partsfightingfigs is infamous around these partsfightingfigs is infamous around these partsfightingfigs is infamous around these partsfightingfigs is infamous around these partsfightingfigs is infamous around these parts
Points: 88,419.41
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 88,419.41
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bad_Barracuda View Post
If Cotto had any heart he would have expressed interest in fighting Mayweather.

You can't show me a single offer Arum made for a Cotto/Floyd fight.

Whenever asked by Kellerman or Merchant COTTO NEVER SAID FLOYD'S NAME.

Oh sure he talked PLENTY **** to the latino newpapers...but nutted-up during post-fight interviews.

Don't give me that "Cotto is too much of a gentleman to call out fighters" bull****.

You don't have to be rude about calling a guy out..it could be done with class.

You can't avoid somebody that doesn't want to fight you.

Floyd has faced big punchers his entire career..Cotto's overrated power was NOTHING for him to be afraid of.
Yes it was, It was everything


ANy other comments or concerns Mr Mayweather Jr?
Reply With Quote
fightingfigs is offline
#26
Old 08-07-2008, 02:02 PM
The_Italian
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Bay Area, California
Age: 25
Posts: 1,949
Rep Power: 10 The_Italian has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Italian has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Italian has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Italian has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Italian has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Italian has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Italian has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Italian has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Italian has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Italian has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Italian has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 59,872.28
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 59,872.28
Good poster and congrats on 1000 posts! - Brockton Lip Congrats at 1K! - Bendigo happy birthday bro! - reedickyaluss 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El 7 Mares View Post
Let me tell you why.

Joshua Clottey just fought a main event against the former WW Champion, Zab Judah on HBO and won. He is on a winning streak and hasn't lost a fight since Tony Margarito in '06.

Paul Williams' last two fights were on Showtime. Neither of which was the main event. He lost the first one, with a horrible showing, and didn't show much in the rematch, which could be considered a fluke, with Quintana not being properly warmed up.

If Williams wants to raise his value, he needs to seek a 3rd fight with Quintana or a slugfest against Kermit Cintron. This fight needs to happen on HBO, preferibly on a doubleheader with Tony vs Clottey. Then maybe if he wins, a fight with Tony would be more sellable to the general public.
no...

it could be that MAYBE margarito is becoming the new floyd mayweather jr of the division...only willing to fight ALMOST the best...rather than THEE best.

if i were antonio margarito i'd be seeking fights with top welter's or someone who beat me who could prevent me from being seen as THEE BEST in the division (ie. paul williams; whether he beat quintana or not the first time).


If im margarito I could call out the best like floyd mayweather jr (i dont want to hear retired BS...i think he comes back for the right money he's only what 30? 31?) or maybe an oscar de la hoya (who fought mayweather closley through 12 rounds)...

or a cotto rematch (i had it even after 10; it was a good close fight and in the first 6 rounds it appeared to be a fight that margarito could lose)...so it wasnt one sided...

OR the williams rematch.

those right there are ALL FIGHTS that should happen before clottey or judah.

if margarito wants to take one as a tune-up on regular HBO (in a double header featuring whatever his opponent will be) then thats fine if he uses clottey or judah as the tune-up fighter...but for a major PPV event margarito fighting clottey or judah just isnt worth the $50.

plain and simple.

i'd pay $50 to see margarito rematch cotto; fight floyd; fight oscar; or rematch williams...but i wont pay it for him to take a $50 PPV fight with someone that he will easily outclass.
Reply With Quote
The_Italian is offline
#27
Old 08-07-2008, 02:05 PM
DuttyAlacrity
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 1,674
Rep Power: 12 DuttyAlacrity has a reputation beyond reputeDuttyAlacrity has a reputation beyond reputeDuttyAlacrity has a reputation beyond reputeDuttyAlacrity has a reputation beyond reputeDuttyAlacrity has a reputation beyond reputeDuttyAlacrity has a reputation beyond reputeDuttyAlacrity has a reputation beyond reputeDuttyAlacrity has a reputation beyond reputeDuttyAlacrity has a reputation beyond reputeDuttyAlacrity has a reputation beyond reputeDuttyAlacrity has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 17,940.46
Bank: 2,048,975.14
Total Points: 2,066,915.60
No Message - DuttyAlacrity For posting facts. - ABOSWORTH You deserve two gifts from me. - ABOSWORTH Big Dutty Stinking Alacrity! U dun know Nuff respect to the I dem everytime - The Gully Gad 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Ether 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fightingfigs View Post
Yea but first off Clottey is hurt. Second Clottey expressed his eagerness to fight Berto.

Margarito has already beaten Clottey and why would anyone wanna see this again? Both fighters have stuck to thier same fighting method since 2006 , I dont see anything changing in the outcome.

I would like to see Paul Williams again because he has beaten Tony, Tony is the #1 ranked welter in the eyes of many, including HBO.

Paul Williams beat the #1 ranked welter and is ready and available to do it again, why not try to avenge your loss?
The fight would be exciting no doubt, alot more excititng than a Joshua Clottey.
On the surface that seems like a real easy concept but for some reason a lot of people just can't grasp it
Margarito does deserve a good payday, he's paid his dues in the WW division and I have no problem with him fighting ODLH for some millions but if that fight doesn't go through (which it doesn't appear to be) then the only fight that matters at WW is MArgo Williams 2

people need to stop crying about a quintana rematch, he obvioulsy isn't... since being demolished he's been taking a sabbatical
Reply With Quote
DuttyAlacrity is offline
#28
Old 08-07-2008, 02:07 PM
Gareth Ivanovic
Bale, Bale, Bale
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: White Hart Lane or Belgrade
Age: 32
Posts: 12,563
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 41 Gareth Ivanovic has a reputation beyond reputeGareth Ivanovic has a reputation beyond reputeGareth Ivanovic has a reputation beyond reputeGareth Ivanovic has a reputation beyond reputeGareth Ivanovic has a reputation beyond reputeGareth Ivanovic has a reputation beyond reputeGareth Ivanovic has a reputation beyond reputeGareth Ivanovic has a reputation beyond reputeGareth Ivanovic has a reputation beyond reputeGareth Ivanovic has a reputation beyond reputeGareth Ivanovic has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 3,042,843.17
Bank: 321,919,717.08
Total Points: 324,962,560.25
Fuck Kansas - MizzzouMan TYE TYE TYE! - natas206 Tye Bible, page 23 talks about his dive vs Monte - Dorian Watch Jay Cutler and his mullet on this - Mizzou A place to store your inc.  Peace buddy! - abosworth 
What Wisconsin is famous for. Cheese and wine. - checkmania For the Tina Fey vid. She is basically perfect, in my eyes. Must be the glasses..... - Sweet Pea 50 Good person to bet with..Hit me up anytime - xxjace I got this for you from &amp;quot;Tye's Bakery Goods&amp;quot; enjoy :) - Dorian Tye's Bakery and Goods :) - Dorian 
To the Kansas City A's. - Mizzou No Message - Grand Champ No Message - Grand Champ Best avatar on the scene! - Dorian Heineken - Dorian 
No Message - markbnlv Its not champagne, its grape drank!! - Disposable Arts Super Ana Ivanofieldsich! - Dorian Super Ana! - Dorian Chunk cake filled with Ana Ivanovic and Tom Brady's  spunk! - Chunk 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - SigmaMu Childhood Cancer - street bully Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Dorian Childhood Cancer - Dorian Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - DorianWozniacki 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Dorian.. Childhood Cancer - Dorian.. Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Dorian.. Childhood Cancer - Dorian.. Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Dorian.. 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by El 7 Mares View Post
Let me tell you why.

Joshua Clottey just fought a main event against the former WW Champion, Zab Judah on HBO and won. He is on a winning streak and hasn't lost a fight since Tony Margarito in '06.

Paul Williams' last two fights were on Showtime. Neither of which was the main event. He lost the first one, with a horrible showing, and didn't show much in the rematch, which could be considered a fluke, with Quintana not being properly warmed up.

If Williams wants to raise his value, he needs to seek a 3rd fight with Quintana or a slugfest against Kermit Cintron. This fight needs to happen on HBO, preferibly on a doubleheader with Tony vs Clottey. Then maybe if he wins, a fight with Tony would be more sellable to the general public.
A Clottey fight isn't all that bad, but he has that bicep injury and who knows how long he will be out for. The thing is there is that Williams fight out there right now for Marge and also his biggest payday. I don't blame him for milking the Cotto victory and try to get paydays, but what gets me is the hypocricy of the Margarito fans. Now all of a sudden Williams needs to make himself sellable to the general public. Isn't that what they used to rip on Mayweather for constantly for not fighting the best and going for paydays. The fight with Williams is already sellable to the public and that's because Williams already beat Margarito once. Who wouldn't want to see the two best WW's go at it and decide really who the best WW in the world is. Unless your worried the Tijuana Tornado will get derailed again.
Reply With Quote
Gareth Ivanovic is offline
#29
Old 08-07-2008, 02:09 PM
Bad_Barracuda
Banned
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1,710
Rep Power: 0 Bad_Barracuda is infamous around these partsBad_Barracuda is infamous around these partsBad_Barracuda is infamous around these partsBad_Barracuda is infamous around these partsBad_Barracuda is infamous around these partsBad_Barracuda is infamous around these partsBad_Barracuda is infamous around these partsBad_Barracuda is infamous around these partsBad_Barracuda is infamous around these partsBad_Barracuda is infamous around these partsBad_Barracuda is infamous around these parts
Points: 31,312.34
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 31,312.34
have a cold one - Pico Hollywood 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Italian View Post
no...

it could be that MAYBE margarito is becoming the new floyd mayweather jr of the division...only willing to fight ALMOST the best...rather than THEE best.

if i were antonio margarito i'd be seeking fights with top welter's or someone who beat me who could prevent me from being seen as THEE BEST in the division (ie. paul williams; whether he beat quintana or not the first time).


If im margarito I could call out the best like floyd mayweather jr (i dont want to hear retired BS...i think he comes back for the right money he's only what 30? 31?) or maybe an oscar de la hoya (who fought mayweather closley through 12 rounds)...

or a cotto rematch (i had it even after 10; it was a good close fight and in the first 6 rounds it appeared to be a fight that margarito could lose)...so it wasnt one sided...

OR the williams rematch.

those right there are ALL FIGHTS that should happen before clottey or judah.

if margarito wants to take one as a tune-up on regular HBO (in a double header featuring whatever his opponent will be) then thats fine if he uses clottey or judah as the tune-up fighter...but for a major PPV event margarito fighting clottey or judah just isnt worth the $50.

plain and simple.

i'd pay $50 to see margarito rematch cotto; fight floyd; fight oscar; or rematch williams...but i wont pay it for him to take a $50 PPV fight with someone that he will easily outclass.
Floyd fought the best at 154.

That's better than the best at 147..Especially when you consider who the "best" was supposed to be.

Oscar at 154 would stomp the **** outta' Cotto and Marge.
Reply With Quote
Bad_Barracuda is offline
#30
Old 08-07-2008, 02:13 PM
C'MONMANG'
Banned
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: DC
Posts: 7,135
Rep Power: 0 C'MONMANG' has a reputation beyond reputeC'MONMANG' has a reputation beyond reputeC'MONMANG' has a reputation beyond reputeC'MONMANG' has a reputation beyond reputeC'MONMANG' has a reputation beyond reputeC'MONMANG' has a reputation beyond reputeC'MONMANG' has a reputation beyond reputeC'MONMANG' has a reputation beyond reputeC'MONMANG' has a reputation beyond reputeC'MONMANG' has a reputation beyond reputeC'MONMANG' has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 198,309.36
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 198,309.36
please vote richloc for mod in 2008 - Left Hook Tua most feared poster on boxing scene - ElGranLuchador 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_barracuda View Post
floyd Fought The Best At 154.

That's Better Than The Best At 147..especially When You Consider Who The "best" Was Supposed To Be.

oscar At 154 Would Stomp The **** Outta' Cotto And Marge.
Lol..........................
Reply With Quote
C'MONMANG' is offline
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
clottey, fight, ignoring, margarito, williams?

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright 2003-2014 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:49 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.