Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 07-20-2008, 12:25 PM
boxaholic
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 boxaholic has a reputation beyond reputeboxaholic has a reputation beyond reputeboxaholic has a reputation beyond reputeboxaholic has a reputation beyond reputeboxaholic has a reputation beyond reputeboxaholic has a reputation beyond reputeboxaholic has a reputation beyond reputeboxaholic has a reputation beyond reputeboxaholic has a reputation beyond reputeboxaholic has a reputation beyond reputeboxaholic has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 14,053,680.54
Total Points: 64,345,994.27

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangler View Post
He'll try to. If he can stick wit it he'll win the fight, I just don't see that happenin. Tony's gonna force Cotto into a brawl, and that don't favor him.
I agree I don't see Cotto boxing for 36 minutes. Maybe 2 minutes per round of boxing and he better be careful of the other minute. That is why he is a 2-1 favorite.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-20-2008, 12:25 PM
Overthetop
Up and Comer

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 3,471.89

Easy question to answer... Cotto always box, it depends what the other fighter brings to the ring. The good thing about Cotto is that he knows when to box and when to brawl....
Old 07-20-2008, 12:29 PM
King Jaffe Joffer
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 King Jaffe Joffer is infamous around these partsKing Jaffe Joffer is infamous around these partsKing Jaffe Joffer is infamous around these partsKing Jaffe Joffer is infamous around these partsKing Jaffe Joffer is infamous around these partsKing Jaffe Joffer is infamous around these partsKing Jaffe Joffer is infamous around these partsKing Jaffe Joffer is infamous around these partsKing Jaffe Joffer is infamous around these partsKing Jaffe Joffer is infamous around these partsKing Jaffe Joffer is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 228,379.84
Be Joyful - Gift Giver 

He will try to box, people are making Cotto out to be Pernell Whitiker because he outboxed Mosley a few rounds bcuz he got gassed imo, Mosley isnt 1/8th pressure fighter Tony is. People will be in for a rude awakening if they think Cotto will be able to take his time and pick his spots vs Marg like he did Mosley. There will be no time to think or rest. Marg will make it a fight, taking punishment to return the favor. Cotto at his best isnt the boxing Cotto, but the hunter destroyer Cotto is. Cotto has to pick his poison

1. Cotto boxes, which is what he does second best(which he is very decent at, but his offense and defense suffers when he does it) trying to box and fight off a relentless tony

2. Come forward which he does best but is clearly outgunned by the bigger stronger man

Marg 9th TKO
Old 07-20-2008, 12:33 PM
Kobe Bryant
lefhooktodabody

Rep Power: 26 Kobe Bryant has a reputation beyond reputeKobe Bryant has a reputation beyond reputeKobe Bryant has a reputation beyond reputeKobe Bryant has a reputation beyond reputeKobe Bryant has a reputation beyond reputeKobe Bryant has a reputation beyond reputeKobe Bryant has a reputation beyond reputeKobe Bryant has a reputation beyond reputeKobe Bryant has a reputation beyond reputeKobe Bryant has a reputation beyond reputeKobe Bryant has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 449,429.07
how the hell has nobody given you a gift? - TRUTH Cheers!!!!Laker's Victory!!!! - golpealhigado The Voice Of Reason.....on a site with some ignorant mafuckas. Lef speaks the Truth. Thank you. - TRUTH 

I think he will. But it depends on Margarito. If Marg starts off slow Cotto can clean up the early rounds. However, if Marg comes out pressuring like he has in his last couple of fights Cotto will have to fight to keep him off.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:35 PM
El Dominicano
Banned

Bank: 1.04
Total Points: 179,047.87
a toast. to the death of the coalition. lol - Left Hook Tua Drink Some presidente - Pico Hollywood U called it, here's ur Chela! - Puas tua says up yours...... - Left Hook Tua lol - Left Hook Tua 
Thx Bro! - Joshua Clottey Top Dawg - Welter_Skelter salud!! - el guason456 Thats real. - El Gallo Negro! i've been here. i log on everyday at work. you haven't been here! lol - Left Hook Tua 
BS Retard of the Month Award. - Jim Jeffries This is long over due - Massage Queen yep fukk em - larryx guzman is done. - Left Hook Tua kEEP GOING hARD on these Sucka's lol - Horus 
Cause you Da Man! - Gift Of Gab 

Quote:
Originally Posted by lefhooktodabody View Post
I think he will. But it depends on Margarito. If Marg starts off slow Cotto can clean up the early rounds. However, if Marg comes out pressuring like he has in his last couple of fights Cotto will have to fight to keep him off.
After the Paul Williams fight. Margarito promised that he'll never start slow. I belive him. Thats why he lost.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:48 PM
OTSS
Banned

Rep Power: 0 OTSS is infamous around these partsOTSS is infamous around these partsOTSS is infamous around these partsOTSS is infamous around these partsOTSS is infamous around these partsOTSS is infamous around these partsOTSS is infamous around these partsOTSS is infamous around these partsOTSS is infamous around these partsOTSS is infamous around these partsOTSS is infamous around these parts
Bank: 198,083.21
Total Points: 236,025.87
lol, Thanks bro! - Joshua Clottey Hope the C's get out of the east!!!Bandwagon biatch!!!! - golpealhigado 

Look at the last couple of rounds versus Mosley. Cotto will move and pick his spots. It's not going to be as dominate as Floyd vs. Chico but look for this to be the blueprint. Cotto will have to do some major body-work throughout the fight. I see Cotto getting hit with a couple uppercuts along the way but still doing the most damage himself. I see Cotto winning a good fight, not great.
Old 07-20-2008, 12:51 PM
OTSS
Banned

Rep Power: 0 OTSS is infamous around these partsOTSS is infamous around these partsOTSS is infamous around these partsOTSS is infamous around these partsOTSS is infamous around these partsOTSS is infamous around these partsOTSS is infamous around these partsOTSS is infamous around these partsOTSS is infamous around these partsOTSS is infamous around these partsOTSS is infamous around these parts
Bank: 198,083.21
Total Points: 236,025.87
lol, Thanks bro! - Joshua Clottey Hope the C's get out of the east!!!Bandwagon biatch!!!! - golpealhigado 

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Dominicano View Post
After the Paul Williams fight. Margarito promised that he'll never start slow. I belive him. Thats why he lost.
And I promised to never bust a nut in my girls eye again. Now I never really planned on upholding that promise but if I did, sometimes circumstances force us to go against promises.