Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 07-19-2008, 08:33 PM
steptwome
N.Y State of Mind

Rep Power: 13 steptwome has a reputation beyond reputesteptwome has a reputation beyond reputesteptwome has a reputation beyond reputesteptwome has a reputation beyond reputesteptwome has a reputation beyond reputesteptwome has a reputation beyond reputesteptwome has a reputation beyond reputesteptwome has a reputation beyond reputesteptwome has a reputation beyond reputesteptwome has a reputation beyond reputesteptwome has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,374,850.08
Total Points: 2,517,916.09
sorry for the trouble bro! - hishaam15 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IncuFan View Post
HBO should at the most have like 4 PPV's per year. Only the real big fights that are for sure gonna produce quite a few buys. If they had more fights on regular HBO more people could possible tune in, which would create more boxing fans and when those PPV's happen the number of buys would be up. Who knows though, it's a money thing and that's all they care about. It's not about doing what's best for the fans.
They dpe the fans into believing that the next fight will be bigger and better than the last. Well at least they unplugged the Mosley PPV bout, and put it on regular HBO.........go figure
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 07-20-2008, 07:31 AM
boxing_great
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 boxing_great has a reputation beyond reputeboxing_great has a reputation beyond reputeboxing_great has a reputation beyond reputeboxing_great has a reputation beyond reputeboxing_great has a reputation beyond reputeboxing_great has a reputation beyond reputeboxing_great has a reputation beyond reputeboxing_great has a reputation beyond reputeboxing_great has a reputation beyond reputeboxing_great has a reputation beyond reputeboxing_great has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 183,937.20

a lot of money to cough up
Old 07-20-2008, 07:39 AM
abadger
Real Talk

Rep Power: 22 abadger has a reputation beyond reputeabadger has a reputation beyond reputeabadger has a reputation beyond reputeabadger has a reputation beyond reputeabadger has a reputation beyond reputeabadger has a reputation beyond reputeabadger has a reputation beyond reputeabadger has a reputation beyond reputeabadger has a reputation beyond reputeabadger has a reputation beyond reputeabadger has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 380,808.07
Total Points: 618,172.26
You're a good poster! - Tunney The brains of the outfit - Chunk Cheers, Calzaghe PWNED the yank, lacy-calzaghe all over again HAHA - ~Lucky13~ It's gonna be a long night tonight! - BatTheMan Top allround poster! Pizza owns! - KrisSilver 
For you and Joe - MizzzouMan 3K posts - T-97 cheers abadger we debate back and fourth and its good banter we dont have to always agree i respect your opinion though - Terrible... Thank you - boxing_prospect Great Poster - Dorian 
4k bro - Melly-Mel please vote richloc for mod in 2008 - Left Hook Tua freedom to the cornish!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! - Left Hook Tua Thanks for the endless help champ.   I owe you one. - Spiegelo Help you stay up - T-97 
Welcome back abadger!!! - abosworth No Message - T-97 boxingscene's Top Ten Serious Posters - mickey gomez 

I have no regard for an economic recession. **** off economic recession.
Old 07-20-2008, 08:33 AM
Trevbutler
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 9 Trevbutler has a reputation beyond reputeTrevbutler has a reputation beyond reputeTrevbutler has a reputation beyond reputeTrevbutler has a reputation beyond reputeTrevbutler has a reputation beyond reputeTrevbutler has a reputation beyond reputeTrevbutler has a reputation beyond reputeTrevbutler has a reputation beyond reputeTrevbutler has a reputation beyond reputeTrevbutler has a reputation beyond reputeTrevbutler has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 49,390.93
Total Points: 61,622.74
Good Sportsmanship - You're a classy guy - jreckoning 

I got HBO because I thought I'd save money by watching the free boxing on HBO and skip the PPV's. There are still some good fights that arent ppv. But the great ones that you really want to see are usually ppv. I think they should cut the price in half to be honest. 50 is a lot for some people to swallow. Especially since you never really know what your going to get. Not to mention if I pay 50 dollars I'd expect to see at least 4 hours of boxing. They usually do 2 fights from what I've seen, with the rest being filled in with talking etc.

Since I heard about Cotto/Margarito I said its going to be one I'm definately spending the money on. But I've almost talked myself out of it, thats a week worth of groceries. Or over half a tank of gas.

Lower the price to 25 and I'd buy it.