Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 05-07-2007, 12:13 PM
SquareCircle
FUCK CALHOUN.

Rep Power: 0 SquareCircle has a reputation beyond reputeSquareCircle has a reputation beyond reputeSquareCircle has a reputation beyond reputeSquareCircle has a reputation beyond reputeSquareCircle has a reputation beyond reputeSquareCircle has a reputation beyond reputeSquareCircle has a reputation beyond reputeSquareCircle has a reputation beyond reputeSquareCircle has a reputation beyond reputeSquareCircle has a reputation beyond reputeSquareCircle has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,044.46
Total Points: 103,477.63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Super_Lightweight View Post
Well, Oscar is 34 and almost beat Floyd. It's pretty easy to see in my eyes that prime for prime, Oscar beats Floyd.

However, pound for pound, since Floyd is smaller, I would say Floyd is a little bit better prime for prime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRUTH View Post
That is true. I do feel its unfortunate that Oscar was kind of robbed against Tito and Mosley in their rematch. If it wasn't for the bad scoring he would have two great wins more on his record.
for real. Did you see some of those combinations oscar was hitting Trinidad with. seriously when I want to remember what PPV boxing is all about I watch that fight. That round six of that fight is all you need to see if you want to remember just how good DLH ever was. The jab and straight rights he was catching tito with, how tito would get ripped up on the inside when he'd press the action with hybrid hook uppercuts and short rights, and then finish the combo off with long straight rights when Tito feels that fire and moves away. One combo in that round was like, Tito moves in, DLH lands a left uppercut/hook hybrid and a short right, bumps tito flush. tito bobs down a little bit, hurt, dlh follows with another blocked left uppercut hook hybrid and then a flush long straight right hand as tito steps away. Then, the most beautiful combination youll ever see in any prize fight,

dlh throws a jab, straight right, upstairs, both land, follows with a left hook to body, right hook to body, all big shots, all land flush, then a flush big left hook upstairs and then evasively steps away, tito felt that ****. when I want to see some good boxing I watch that fight.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 05-07-2007, 02:04 PM
kericuss
Up and Comer

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 19,129.96

Quote:
Originally Posted by SquareCircle View Post
for real. Did you see some of those combinations oscar was hitting Trinidad with. seriously when I want to remember what PPV boxing is all about I watch that fight. That round six of that fight is all you need to see if you want to remember just how good DLH ever was. The jab and straight rights he was catching tito with, how tito would get ripped up on the inside when he'd press the action with hybrid hook uppercuts and short rights, and then finish the combo off with long straight rights when Tito feels that fire and moves away. One combo in that round was like, Tito moves in, DLH lands a left uppercut/hook hybrid and a short right, bumps tito flush. tito bobs down a little bit, hurt, dlh follows with another blocked left uppercut hook hybrid and then a flush long straight right hand as tito steps away. Then, the most beautiful combination youll ever see in any prize fight,

dlh throws a jab, straight right, upstairs, both land, follows with a left hook to body, right hook to body, all big shots, all land flush, then a flush big left hook upstairs and then evasively steps away, tito felt that ****. when I want to see some good boxing I watch that fight.
Do u mean when u wanna watch a good 5 or 6 rds of a fight, u watch that one fight? what about the last half of the fight? do u watch that portion as well? Trinidad was never a complete boxer. he was outboxed in most of his big fights as well(even Vargas did well against him). But he had the power to get a guy out of there if they got sloppy. DLH got tired from expending so much enery in the early to mid rds and didnt want to get take out in the later rds, therefore he ran(now what he did in that fight was real running). Not moving to get in position like real boxers do, HE LITERALLY WAS RUNNING! and you call that great?
Old 05-07-2007, 02:11 PM
-Antonio-
-Antonio-

Rep Power: 86 -Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute-Antonio- has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 7,327,371.74
Great poster/member! - jazluvr good poster - sugarsmosley 

Everyone except the judges think he beat Tito and Mosley in the rematch. He was competitive in every fight he lost. He was a great fighter. And atleast he had the oppurtunity to face great fighters.

Floyd has never fought a great fighter. NEVER...
Old 05-07-2007, 02:46 PM
Crazy Dude
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 10 Crazy Dude has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Dude has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Dude has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Dude has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Dude has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Dude has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Dude has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Dude has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Dude has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Dude has a reputation beyond reputeCrazy Dude has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 51,886.96
Total Points: 62,073.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Antonio- View Post
Everyone except the judges think he beat Tito and Mosley in the rematch. He was competitive in every fight he lost. He was a great fighter. And atleast he had the oppurtunity to face great fighters.

Floyd has never fought a great fighter. NEVER...
Less than a third of the ringside press scored Mosley 2 for DLH
Old 05-07-2007, 03:07 PM
The Noose
AKA Bobby Pazuzu

Rep Power: 333 The Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond reputeThe Noose has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 101,300,769,729.42
Here you go you non-gift having British queer. - Mizzou good poster , have an e beer on me - shobox Happy Uncle's Day! - Bossy Great post! On this thread... Fighters who thank &quot;god&quot;...Are they f@cking stupid ? - jose830 

Oscar's jab was working for him, and he stopped using it.
IMO that makes him a long way away from being a great fighter.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:34 PM
brently1979
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 20 brently1979 has a reputation beyond reputebrently1979 has a reputation beyond reputebrently1979 has a reputation beyond reputebrently1979 has a reputation beyond reputebrently1979 has a reputation beyond reputebrently1979 has a reputation beyond reputebrently1979 has a reputation beyond reputebrently1979 has a reputation beyond reputebrently1979 has a reputation beyond reputebrently1979 has a reputation beyond reputebrently1979 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,681,795,377.83
Total Points: 2,681,931,433.54
you need your beers back - mgkirkpatrick Katsidis by UD. - Team Mundine Happy New Year - woftam Enjoy an apple mate - danc1984 In memory of Gatti - the true Superman of boxing - Dan... 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DA1CATAS View Post
OscarRan in the tito fight... but didnt throw punches... Should have been watching more Floyd back then.
THis makes a lot of sense!
Old 05-07-2007, 06:36 PM
K-Nan
The Stylistic Nightmare

Rep Power: 116 K-Nan has a reputation beyond reputeK-Nan has a reputation beyond reputeK-Nan has a reputation beyond reputeK-Nan has a reputation beyond reputeK-Nan has a reputation beyond reputeK-Nan has a reputation beyond reputeK-Nan has a reputation beyond reputeK-Nan has a reputation beyond reputeK-Nan has a reputation beyond reputeK-Nan has a reputation beyond reputeK-Nan has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 21,952,625.45
Total Points: 1,000,023,089,440.59
I forgive you - tyson A Krispy Kreme from Winky Wright - -Hyperion- Thanks, man. You are one of the good guys - sweet pea 50 Happy Birthday, enjoy this time as it's the best time of your life. - hurricane72 happy birthday, my ni..... friend! - KESSLER 
Its not champagne, Its cider! - azza Big Bro! - msagrain thanks - Left Hook Tua you got 14k and didn't tell me - Pico Hollywood To 15k more posts, bud. - Sweet Pea 50 
Good Poster! - J. HITTER Here is that $800 you wanted! - ЯiZО I'll shove this up your asshole. (no homo) - Piggu A toast - Tek My Pounches I'm going to shove this up your ass and open it. (no homo) - Piggu 
Happy birthday homey! - mangler Patience - D.I.E.S.E.L Dinner on me. Gr8 hijack. - mangler No Message - Old Coward have a beer for your killer track - sweetpea87 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - !! AI-Holmes!! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Piggu Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Sox8055 Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - mangler World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - The Scientist 

I actually will remember him as that.

The guy who lost to Mosley, Pernell, Ike, Felix (the other one), Bernard and now Floyd. He coasted against Tito in his biggest fight, and got a slim decision, but not on the judge's cards.
Old 05-07-2007, 06:49 PM
Red_Menace
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 Red_Menace has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Menace has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Menace has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Menace has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Menace has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Menace has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Menace has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Menace has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Menace has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Menace has a reputation beyond reputeRed_Menace has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 52,998.22

Why do people hate DLH so much?