Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 03-22-2013, 11:33 AM
Ray*
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR

Rep Power: 59 Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 234,643,845,946,058.44
Total Points: 234,643,846,045,780.09
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 
Default Atlas: "there was some of bradley/ of provodnikov left in that ring...t

That they would not get back..

PC: When I see a fighter suffer the kind of damage that both Timothy Bradley and Ruslan Provodnikov suffered during their brutal fight, recent memory brings me to Trinidad/Vargas. Watching that fight, I knew Vargas would never be the same. Going back a little further, it was like Pryor/Arguello. Again, I just knew those guys wouldn't be the same. Do you feel that's what you witnessed last Saturday night?

TA: Is the question that he might not be the same again?

PC: Yes sir!

TA: Yeah, listen***8230;this was a different point in their career. This was when they were older, but when Frazier and Ali left that ring in Manila, they didn't leave the person that they went into that ring as. They left with less of those people. Every time that a fighter gets in a tough fight***8230;here is the reality people, so maybe they will understand it. And that's why I'm passionate and so strong and so thick-headed when I go after these people in boxing that rob fighters, these promoters that rob fighters, and the commissions that allow it to happen. These policies that are not in place to have structure to look out for the fighters, that's why I am such a pain in the neck for you fans out there that hear me screaming all of the time when I see something done wrong to a fighter because they only have so many fights. Every time they get in the ring, unlike the judges who sit at ringside with nothing but a pencil in their hand, they are not being dissipated by the fight. They are not being worn down. They don't have something taken out of their physicality. Every time a fighter gets in that ring, they come out of that ring after a tough fight with less than they went in there with. That is a fact. That is a fact and that's why I take it very seriously when people rob these fighters and when we have no structure to protect these fighters and the system is not in place to do those things. It's just like Frazier and Ali in Manila***8230;I know they were older. I know they were dissipated already, I understand all of that, but there was a lot of them left in Manila.

And there was some of Bradley***8230;I can't tell you how much, but there was some of Bradley and some of Provodnikov left in that ring after that fight the other night, and they will not get it back. Once it's gone, it's gone. Bradley, to me***8230;what bothered me***8230;and I love Bradley, his heart, the way he goes about preparing himself, the way he doesn't talk all kinds of crap; he just behaves like a fighter and acts like a fighter, he talks like a fighter and represents himself like a fighter. He acts like a champion. But I was concerned with the way he got affected. I know Provodnikov. He has fought 6, 7, or 8 times, I don't know how many times on ESPN. I've seen him on his way up. I've seen him through all of the developing stages of his career up front and up close on air, and he is not that kind of puncher. He is a decent puncher; he goes to the body and he's a tough son of a gun. I think he is a strong puncher, but my goodness, he looked like George Foreman. He looked like a wrecking ball the other night. Part of it is he caught him clean***8230;I get it, but I'm concerned about how much of a part of it is something else. Is part of it some of the wear and tear during his career from amateur to pro? Or is part of it***8230;see, I look at everything. Or is part of it the weight that he took off. I understand that he was heavy, the heaviest of his career, and he had to take off 30 to 40 pounds. I don't know what the exact number was, but I know he had to take a significant amount of weight off in camp, so that concerns me, because when I saw him touched, when I saw him hit with those punches, I saw Bradley affected in a bigger way than I have ever seen him affected. I seen him get off of the floor against Kendall Holt and hurt at times in other fights and he got up or shook it off and behaved like a champion, but I have never seen him affected and shaken the way he was against Provodnikov. And again, he made Provodnikov look like Joe Frazier and George Foreman all in one. And he is not that kind of puncher, so it concerns me. I'm in the business where you need to have answers. You can't just say, "Okay, let's go on to the next stage." No! You need to have answers if you care about this stuff and if you want the fighters properly looked out for. So one of the questions I ask is why was he so shaken up every time he got hit? Every time he got caught from the first round to the 12th round, he got badly hurt, and I'm just concerned as to why that was happening to the degree that it was happening.

PC: For his trainer Joel Diaz to come out and say that Bradley admitted to being hurt in every single round of a 12-round fight cannot be a good thing.

TA: I saw that and I agree and it was very apparent, very clear, and obvious that he was hurt in every round. Every time that he got caught, he was hurt. It was the kind of fight that you never felt comfortable that he would get through the fight because anytime he would get caught, there was a chance that he would get affected and affected very badly once again.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-22-2013, 11:55 AM
maenyfresh
Contender

Rep Power: 5 maenyfresh has a reputation beyond reputemaenyfresh has a reputation beyond reputemaenyfresh has a reputation beyond reputemaenyfresh has a reputation beyond reputemaenyfresh has a reputation beyond reputemaenyfresh has a reputation beyond reputemaenyfresh has a reputation beyond reputemaenyfresh has a reputation beyond reputemaenyfresh has a reputation beyond reputemaenyfresh has a reputation beyond reputemaenyfresh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,000,034,138.43

Only time will tell, I hope Bradely comes back okay. for some reason i wana see Manny vs Timmy next.
Old 03-22-2013, 11:56 AM
Rip Chudd
1 John 2:22

Rep Power: 31 Rip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond reputeRip Chudd has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 894,196,628,656,555,008.00
Total Points: 894,196,628,656,654,848.00
Happy Holidays Chip! - Lorily Yeah that's right - Rip Chudd Lollllllllllllllll drink it down with some pepsi - -Kev- e-billionaire - MANIAC310 for being richer than me for a couple hours - MANIAC310 
Cheers! - iBreakbeat Just have a beer bro - led Cookie! - MANIAC310 one of my favorite Christians in the lounge :D - MANIAC310 Splendid use of your Javelin out there!!! - Jedi Vader 
twenty! - MANIAC310 Thnx again homie.. - the mesiah Thanks for the points - blacraven have a Happy and safe New Years bro! - jose830 thanks bro! :beerchug: - jose830 
thanks for donating to the Superbowl Jackpot points will be returned if nobody wins :beerchug: - jose830 :luvbed: - jose830 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Black Ranger Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - MANIAC310 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Robin Hood World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sir TomJones World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Sir TomJones 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey 

I was gonna post this. Good read, I agree with Teddy Atlas 100%
Old 03-22-2013, 12:01 PM
.:: JSFD26 ::.
Brawski

Rep Power: 72 .:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,586,590,674,037,193.50
Total Points: 1,693,490,674,087,113.00
The Ambassador, hahahaha - MalikKnucklez thank you for taking time to post on my thread - robson24 every man deserves a superman, specially a good honest bloke like yourself :) - Alx. talented poster - I'm so sorry thanks for payment :beerchug: - jose830 
enjoy - mathed knowledgeable poster - thuggery Cheers - dan_cov Socio - CubanGuyNYC Cult of Rigo!!! For Life!!!!!! We Here Baby!!! - Cubanborn87 
we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA godtthysse is a beast - thuggery Great Sig run Danny - handwraps 4th place - Boxingscene predictorship challenge. - dan_cov 
:beerchug: - -jose- matty ice - sugarsmosley CUBAN BOXING SCHOOL!!! :( - f4314n68 For the tears. - Jalisciense909 You deserve a gold.  Keep speaking from the heart.  . - damit305 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Atlas said something I've said before. These promoters, commissions and judges rob these fighters and can single handedly ruin their career and they don't have to do jack sh1t but sit there and watch. The fighters are the ones doing all the sacrifices and getting screwed by these d1ckheads.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
Old 03-22-2013, 12:29 PM
Cali boxer
Contender

Bank: 5,794.76
Total Points: 1,000,029,372.18

Teddy Atlas is a G. In a perfect world boxing would have only one commisioner, similar to all the other major sports and Teddy would be that guy.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:33 PM
Ray*
BILLY RAY* CYRUS JR

Rep Power: 59 Ray* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond reputeRay* has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 234,643,845,946,058.44
Total Points: 234,643,846,045,780.09
Let's just say it's a smokescreen. - BattlingNelson an apple a day, ray - for being one of the most consistently sound guys here, someone i can agree with even when i disagree - Man In Black Cool cat, good poster - mangler Sorry dude! - S a m u r a i Excellent poster - ADDICT 
Took a while for this to be available mate! - Tamis_Siensya Ray* deserves a kick - Freedom. have a slice - sugarsmosley 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Mr._Pink Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - S a m u r a i 
Childhood Cancer - S a m u r a i 

Was atlas insinuating that Provo might be on drugs?
Old 03-22-2013, 12:38 PM
.:: JSFD26 ::.
Brawski

Rep Power: 72 .:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,586,590,674,037,193.50
Total Points: 1,693,490,674,087,113.00
The Ambassador, hahahaha - MalikKnucklez thank you for taking time to post on my thread - robson24 every man deserves a superman, specially a good honest bloke like yourself :) - Alx. talented poster - I'm so sorry thanks for payment :beerchug: - jose830 
enjoy - mathed knowledgeable poster - thuggery Cheers - dan_cov Socio - CubanGuyNYC Cult of Rigo!!! For Life!!!!!! We Here Baby!!! - Cubanborn87 
we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA godtthysse is a beast - thuggery Great Sig run Danny - handwraps 4th place - Boxingscene predictorship challenge. - dan_cov 
:beerchug: - -jose- matty ice - sugarsmosley CUBAN BOXING SCHOOL!!! :( - f4314n68 For the tears. - Jalisciense909 You deserve a gold.  Keep speaking from the heart.  . - damit305 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

I don't think that fight will affect Ruslan as it will affect Bradley. Ruslan only suffered facial damage while being fluffed by feathers. Bradley on the other hand took sledgehammers to the dome.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
Old 03-22-2013, 12:39 PM
ELPacman
LEGENDARY

Rep Power: 112 ELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,111,692,357.07
please vote richloc for mod in 2008 - Left Hook Tua manny money pacquiao - Tha_Greatest money pakyow - sugarsmosley 
Send a message via AIM to ELPacman Send a message via MSN to ELPacman

I think, Provodnikov didn't leave everything in there. His face was swollen due to the many shots that scathed his face, but let's remember, it's Bradley. Dude is a V6 Camaro or Mustang. All muscle and no pop.
I think if anyone left a lot in the ring, it was Bradley. Dude took a beating all over the place and some how pulled it out of his a$$ to get the decision. Provodnikov left his workout/energy in the ring, but I don't think he's completely battle worn after that.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:44 PM
Southpawology
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 17 Southpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond reputeSouthpawology has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 90,101,364,598.22
The Maidana Team - LoadedWraps A foot soldier of NSB! - LoadedWraps 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray* View Post
Thats basically what I got out of it, teddy makes it seem like ruslan just turned into a power puncher overnight.
Old 03-22-2013, 12:48 PM
gmc_rfc_06
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 gmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond reputegmc_rfc_06 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,005,044,113.82

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ray* View Post
I thought he was suggesting that Bradley has already had something taken out of him, which is now only going to get worse after that war.

As in, he's been hurt a few times before and those previous licks played a role in him being badly rocked, several times, against Ruslan who is only a decent puncher.