Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 03-09-2013, 10:12 AM
Prince Mongo
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Prince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond reputePrince Mongo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 7,075,503.04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elroyal View Post
How come you get big muscly boxers then, like Tyson, Haye, Holyfield etc etc? What do they do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Assassin View Post
you cant be a bodybuilder and a boxer anymore than you can be a bodybuilder and a gymnast. pick one and focus on that or you will just suck at both.

if you want to fight you are gonna have to take it seriously. doing what you are doing you will end up knocked out cold. ive seen so many muscle bound bums in novice tournaments and they all end up that way.

trying to be a bodybuilder and a fighter is the worst possible idea. just buy a heavybag and go a few rounds when you feel like it. real boxing will take real dedication.
I could not agree more.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 03-09-2013, 04:33 PM
Dr Rumack
Vaya con Dios

Rep Power: 18 Dr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond reputeDr Rumack has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 3,017,000,137,212.82
knowledgeable poster - thuggery for being a solid poster - Cuauhtémoc1520 Great poster - E.P.T. Good poster. Thumbs up, Doc! - CubanGuyNYC eat fresh - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elroyal View Post
Ok so I am starting boxing and although I may fight in the future, my sole aim is to put on muscle and have a toned but bulky physique. I really enjoy boxing but just want to get bigger but don't fancy just going to a bog standard gym. I know you may say it is counter productive to my boxing ability but I don't mind. I just want to have a body, for example (and sorry if this is a bit stereotypical) like Tysons.

My question is how do I build muscle whilst boxing, obviously I will include heavy weight training into the program. But because of all of the cardio that I will be doing how do I bulk up, do I eat like a horse?

Another question is if I do chest and triceps today and want to box tomorrow, I will not be resting the muscles like is advised, or is this ok? Also should I do the weight before or after the cardio?

This is my first post so please be easy on me and answers will be much appreciated, also if you have a weekly workout program I could follow would be very beneficial
Are you really just asking how to get big then? The answer to that lies in diet, sufficient protein intake, a calorie surplus, and progressive overload in your lifting.

Your starting point is working out what your calorie intake needs to be to just maintain your current weight. There are loads of calorie calculators online (just google it) and using a few of them you'll get a sense of what the numbers are.

Lifting for aesthetics is different to lifting for other reasons, and even lifting for strength needs to be shaped by what function that strength is supposed to serve.

The main thing is to be totally honest about what your goals are. If you're lifting for your image then that's totally fine, you just need to be clear about it from the off, because you need to tailor you work for the type of improvements you want. Otherwise you'll end up demoralising yourself.
Old 03-09-2013, 05:59 PM
jaded
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 jaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond reputejaded has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 93,560,031,088,655.12
Total Points: 93,560,045,564,271.94
Thanks for the warning - MeiXiang loving the sig - Alx. gift - Daniel Alpha Happy new year bro! - led* 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha 

I almost red K'd you for saying whilst...but then I saw you were a newbie so I let it slide.