Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 02-19-2013, 02:12 AM
TheGR8TESTOAT
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 19 TheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,011,544,784.43
Thanks for your support & respect - Massage Queen 
Question Who Will Win the Oscars This Year?

Have you seen any of the Oscar nominated movies this year?

If so who do you think will win?

Best Actor
Best Actress
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Director
Best Movie

Who you got?
Old 02-19-2013, 02:19 AM
TheGR8TESTOAT
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 19 TheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond reputeTheGR8TESTOAT has a reputation beyond repute

Personally Django Unchained was the best movie of the year but I think that movie got snubbed right?

Quentin got snubbed too right?
Old 02-19-2013, 03:09 AM
Bob Boss Monies
needs weed!!!

Rep Power: 2 Bob Boss Monies has a reputation beyond reputeBob Boss Monies has a reputation beyond reputeBob Boss Monies has a reputation beyond reputeBob Boss Monies has a reputation beyond reputeBob Boss Monies has a reputation beyond reputeBob Boss Monies has a reputation beyond reputeBob Boss Monies has a reputation beyond reputeBob Boss Monies has a reputation beyond reputeBob Boss Monies has a reputation beyond reputeBob Boss Monies has a reputation beyond reputeBob Boss Monies has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1.98
Total Points: 20,783,528,171.72

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGR8TESTOAT View Post
Personally Django Unchained was the best movie of the year but I think that movie got snubbed right?

Quentin got snubbed too right?
Django was certainly the best movie I saw. Wouldn't be surprised if The Hobbit stole the award show though.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:13 AM
TheGR8TESTOAT
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Boss Monies View Post
Django was certainly the best movie I saw. Wouldn't be surprised if The Hobbit stole the award show though.
Yeah I wish Quentin made more movies he just knows how to make them interesting and exciting. Problem is he never gets love at the Oscars.

Oscars always nominate them dramatic artistic snoozers that chicks and gay dudes love more than us straight dudes.

I havent seen Hobbit was it good? DId they nominate it?
Old 02-19-2013, 03:23 AM
Bob Boss Monies
needs weed!!!

Rep Power: 2 Bob Boss Monies has a reputation beyond reputeBob Boss Monies has a reputation beyond reputeBob Boss Monies has a reputation beyond reputeBob Boss Monies has a reputation beyond reputeBob Boss Monies has a reputation beyond reputeBob Boss Monies has a reputation beyond reputeBob Boss Monies has a reputation beyond reputeBob Boss Monies has a reputation beyond reputeBob Boss Monies has a reputation beyond reputeBob Boss Monies has a reputation beyond reputeBob Boss Monies has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah I wish Quentin made more movies he just knows how to make them interesting and exciting. Problem is he never gets love at the Oscars.

Oscars always nominate them dramatic artistic snoozers that chicks and gay dudes love more than us straight dudes.

I havent seen Hobbit was it good? DId they nominate it?
Dude I don't even know if Oscars happened yet, I just remember the third (and my least favorite) LOTR clean sweeping the Oscars. That said, it was okay. Pretty entertaining, but could have easily been cut to a far superior 70min movie (by maybe cutting all the close up shots on Bilbo responding to the situation by making silly faces).

And that's the price Quentin pays for investing time and money in his movies. I remember during the press tour for Jackie Brown, he whispered to Robert Deniro in an interview that he would start casting in Japan in 1 month. That was maybe 6 years before Kill Bill vol. 1 was released. Now I know there were a couple delays in that movie, but regardless that's clearly a man who chooses quality over quantity.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:27 AM
TheGR8TESTOAT
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Dude I don't even know if Oscars happened yet, I just remember the third (and my least favorite) LOTR clean sweeping the Oscars. That said, it was okay. Pretty entertaining, but could have easily been cut to a far superior 70min movie (by maybe cutting all the close up shots on Bilbo responding to the situation by making silly faces).

And that's the price Quentin pays for investing time and money in his movies. I remember during the press tour for Jackie Brown, he whispered to Robert Deniro in an interview that he would start casting in Japan in 1 month. That was maybe 6 years before Kill Bill vol. 1 was released. Now I know there were a couple delays in that movie, but regardless that's clearly a man who chooses quality over quantity.
Oscars are this Sunday I believe?
THe main reason why I started this thread is cuz Django was the only flick I saw this year and wondered if anyone saw the nominated movies and if they thought they were any good?

but yeah Quentins movies are the truth! Hope he pumps one a year that be great.
Old 02-19-2013, 03:35 AM
Bob Boss Monies
needs weed!!!

Quote:
Oscars are this Sunday I believe?
THe main reason why I started this thread is cuz Django was the only flick I saw this year and wondered if anyone saw the nominated movies and if they thought they were any good?

but yeah Quentins movies are the truth! Hope he pumps one a year that be great.
He's currently working on Kill Bill 3, and if I remember correctly there was another project of his that he keeps putting back, but I seem to be drawing a blank. I know he had a few movies he wanted to put out earlier in his career, but had to sell the stories to fund other movies. For instance, I once read True Romance was supposed to loosely link Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction together, but he had to sell it (and the new director RUINED it) so that he could finish Reservoir Dogs. Didn't he also write and originally plan on directing Natural Born Killers?
Old 02-19-2013, 03:48 AM
TheGR8TESTOAT
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
He's currently working on Kill Bill 3, and if I remember correctly there was another project of his that he keeps putting back, but I seem to be drawing a blank. I know he had a few movies he wanted to put out earlier in his career, but had to sell the stories to fund other movies. For instance, I once read True Romance was supposed to loosely link Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction together, but he had to sell it (and the new director RUINED it) so that he could finish Reservoir Dogs. Didn't he also write and originally plan on directing Natural Born Killers?
for real? Kill Bill 3 gonna be a beast yo! i remember seeing these old white grandmas walk out of the theater during Kill Bill Vol 1 and I said to myself yeah thats right grandma this movie aint for you lol.

Quentin and Nolan are like my two favorite directors I look most forward to watching.

Spielberg used to be the MAN but that War Horse movie killed it for me lol. He needs to go back to making them Jaws or Jurassic type of thriller flicks IMO
Old 02-19-2013, 04:10 AM
Rust Cohle
I Know Who I Am

Rep Power: 20 Rust Cohle has a reputation beyond reputeRust Cohle has a reputation beyond reputeRust Cohle has a reputation beyond reputeRust Cohle has a reputation beyond reputeRust Cohle has a reputation beyond reputeRust Cohle has a reputation beyond reputeRust Cohle has a reputation beyond reputeRust Cohle has a reputation beyond reputeRust Cohle has a reputation beyond reputeRust Cohle has a reputation beyond reputeRust Cohle has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 90,183,608.42
i cut the crust off. - Body Movin' you're the goddamn iron chef! - Body Movin' Breaking Bad is one of the greatest shows ever! - Mike Tyson77 A glass of the finest French wine for Mr.White - QuebecSTAR2 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - danny711 Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Body Movin' 

Quote:
Have you seen any of the Oscar nominated movies this year?

If so who do you think will win?

Best Actor
Best Actress
Best Supporting Actor
Best Supporting Actress
Best Director
Best Movie

Who you got?
Best Actor - Daniel Day-Lewis - Lincoln
Best Actress - Emmanuelle Riva - Amour
Best Supporting Actor - Tommy Lee Jones - Lincoln
Best Supporting Actress - Anne Hathaway - Les Miserables
Best Director - Ang Lee - Life of Pi
Best Picture - Argo - Ben Affleck, George Clooney, Grant Heslov
Old 02-19-2013, 04:14 AM
Rust Cohle
I Know Who I Am

Rep Power: 20 Rust Cohle has a reputation beyond reputeRust Cohle has a reputation beyond reputeRust Cohle has a reputation beyond reputeRust Cohle has a reputation beyond reputeRust Cohle has a reputation beyond reputeRust Cohle has a reputation beyond reputeRust Cohle has a reputation beyond reputeRust Cohle has a reputation beyond reputeRust Cohle has a reputation beyond reputeRust Cohle has a reputation beyond reputeRust Cohle has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 90,183,608.42
i cut the crust off. - Body Movin' you're the goddamn iron chef! - Body Movin' Breaking Bad is one of the greatest shows ever! - Mike Tyson77 A glass of the finest French wine for Mr.White - QuebecSTAR2 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - danny711 Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Body Movin' 

Quote:
Tarantino is no longer working on Kill Bill 3. He's working on the final installment of his "revisionist history" trilogy titled Killer Crow. As for True Romance, the director, Tony Scott, didn't ruin it. Tarantino obviously loves True Romance being that he does an audio commentary for the film on the Blu-ray and DVD (and the guy never does commentaries for his films). You're talking about Natural Born Killers when Tarantino lambasted what Oliver Stone did to his script.