Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 02-14-2013, 08:30 PM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 71 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,561,316,245,539,341.00
Total Points: 15,590,536,361,703,312.00
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps Your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
Yeah, it could be like that Argentinian guy he fought a couple of fights ago. That was the definition of a joke fight.

But in any event, I don't even care for comparisons. What is the goddamn point? I'm not gonna be thinking about Donaire vs Narvaez when I stay awake at 4am on a Sunday morning. All I'm gonna think about what is in front of me.

We get so few cards over the year (and even then, HBO and SHO have a retarded habit of scheduling against one another), that seeing this match-up is frustrating.

Again, no blame on Broner. It's on GBP to give us better, and for HBO to demand better.
Yeah exactly It's atleast a lot better than the guy he beat his vacant title at 130 for. Now that was a joke.

I don't think this fight is a joke. It's not a good fight at all but I think calling it a joke of a fight is harsh. Atleast Rees is ranked at 135, atleast he's in a running. Atleast it's not some unranked nobody they pulled out a hat.

I'm actually looking forward to it Rees is going to get killed but the bad blood between them has atleast made me some what interested.

Just hope Burns mans up and fights Broner.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 02-14-2013, 08:41 PM
letsgobrady
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 19 letsgobrady has a reputation beyond reputeletsgobrady has a reputation beyond reputeletsgobrady has a reputation beyond reputeletsgobrady has a reputation beyond reputeletsgobrady has a reputation beyond reputeletsgobrady has a reputation beyond reputeletsgobrady has a reputation beyond reputeletsgobrady has a reputation beyond reputeletsgobrady has a reputation beyond reputeletsgobrady has a reputation beyond reputeletsgobrady has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 109,488.51

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.K.A View Post
If you're the best in your division you're held to the same standard, age plays no factor in your rankings. If you win the title when you're 18 I expect you to fight the best, same as if you're 30 when you win it. Donaires competition has been significantly better than Broners anyway so that comparison doesnt make much sense either.
who has adrien broner not fought?donaire is more than just the best in his division he is looked at as one of the best in boxing and i don't know how muche better is donaire competition than broners and keep in mind donaire has at least 6 years more than broner does
Old 02-14-2013, 08:44 PM
Chino Madonna
Disrespectful Savage

Rep Power: 26 Chino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond reputeChino Madonna has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,198,703,202,032.54
Total Points: 2,231,010,592,799.55
Have a virtual beer on me. - S a m u r a i Hopefully this will help now that you have given up streams - danc1984 i felt bad for you cos i have more gifts than you. what can i say? im more likable :) heres a banana - vanilamilkshake for being a hating lil faag - Sir TomJones for destroying larry, that was entertaining - Alx. 
there there kid, there there - Earl Hickey absolute destruction of the forums biggest shit poster larryx - I'm so sorry underrated poster - -MAKAVELLI- Top bloke - Aztec Wanker for slapping around the fanboys - I'm so sorry 
top poster - -MAKAVELLI- No Message - jose830 14084702 never forget - RlCKY 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDanHamza View Post
Yeah exactly It's atleast a lot better than the guy he beat his vacant title at 130 for. Now that was a joke.

I don't think this fight is a joke. It's not a good fight at all but I think calling it a joke of a fight is harsh. Atleast Rees is ranked at 135, atleast he's in a running. Atleast it's not some unranked nobody they pulled out a hat.

I'm actually looking forward to it Rees is going to get killed but the bad blood between them has atleast made me some what interested.

Just hope Burns mans up and fights Broner.
The thing is, if you're not a fan of the guy (and while I'm somewhat warming to Broner since he's slowly shedding the Floyd-isms, I'm still not a fan) this fight has basically nothing of interest. That's why some people are so harsh about it. There's just no intrigue at all (I don't take much stock in the bad blood).

I just don't get this idea of constantly making comparisons. We've had 4 years of "well, Pacroid did this" or "Gayweather did that". It's like a battle to win the internet forum flame wars. But that means nothing when you sit down to watch the damn thing.

Broner vs Burns is gonna be a heck of a fight, once Team Burns cut the crap (they undoubtedly ducked).
Old 02-14-2013, 08:54 PM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 71 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,561,316,245,539,341.00
Total Points: 15,590,536,361,703,312.00
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps Your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garcia's Dad View Post
The thing is, if you're not a fan of the guy (and while I'm somewhat warming to Broner since he's slowly shedding the Floyd-isms, I'm still not a fan) this fight has basically nothing of interest. That's why some people are so harsh about it. There's just no intrigue at all (I don't take much stock in the bad blood).

I just don't get this idea of constantly making comparisons. We've had 4 years of "well, Pacroid did this" or "Gayweather did that". It's like a battle to win the internet forum flame wars. But that means nothing when you sit down to watch the damn thing.

Broner vs Burns is gonna be a heck of a fight, once Team Burns cut the crap (they undoubtedly ducked).
Yeah that's true. I was just saying that's there's been a lot worse.

I wouldn't say I'm a fan of Broner to be honest. I like him and think he has potential but I'm not a fan yet. Just an interested observer at the moment. I'm just intrigued due to the bad blood.

Burns-Broner I think is an intriguing fight. I think Burns could give Broner some problems.
Old 02-14-2013, 08:55 PM
The Smash
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 7 The Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond reputeThe Smash has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,032,714.00
Top notch poster - thuggery 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kev- View Post
36 year old 5' 3" Narvaez vs 5' 6" Donaire: Super Flyweight coming up to Batamweight to fight Donaire: Good stay busy fight, Narvaez won't be a walk in the park, former champion at SFLW. - Not even ranked top 10 at BW, where the fight took place.

32 year old 5' 7" Rees, ranked #6 at 135 by The Ring vs 5' 7" Broner: Two Lightweights #1 vs #6: Pointless fight, Rees is a former paper champion, Too short, too small, Do not watch, predictable, bad for boxing.
I'm curious about something; do Golden Boy pay you hourly for all the laughably transparent and biased bullshit you post, or is it more of a pay-per-post deal?
Is it something you see yourself doing in 5 years time, or is there room for advancement up the GB ladder?
Old 02-14-2013, 09:55 PM
mathed
Golovkin is the G.O.A.T!

Rep Power: 99 mathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond reputemathed has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,857,966,640,810,020.50
Total Points: 14,873,666,640,840,146.00
:beerchug: - -jose- Something in return for the gifts and points and stuff . Thanks again - Respect Power Happy birthday old fart! - DannYankee09 Appreciate it my man! Here's a 40!! Enjoy the schooling Pascal is gonna get! :D - Golovkin Enjoy a beer on me :) - Tyler_Durden 
Another beer for ya bro, to go along with your winnings from tonight's fights! :) - Tyler_Durden Good luck to your fighter. - Augustane No Message - sugarsmosley everyone gifts beer, have some cake for a change - sugarsmosley Bradley Tribe - LoadedWraps 
War Tribe - Hougigo To a valiant warrior. - DonMega War Tribe!!!!!!!!!!! - Rome-By-Ko Cheers man.been a hot day. - Scott.Weiland. Hey man here's a gift .  Couple of our guys lost since I ran in to u . Ur were the first dude to donate me points so cheers!!! - Respect Power 
No Message - Respect Power thanks - Dean_Razorback Distinguished Service Medal. B-Hop Battalion - jas Orale vato! - El-blanco Orale vato! - El-blanco 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mangler Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Artur Kyshenko Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Childhood Cancer - MANGLER Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - mathed Autism - Lorily Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Underboss Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kev- View Post
36 year old 5' 3" Narvaez vs 5' 6" Donaire: Super Flyweight coming up to Batamweight to fight Donaire: Good stay busy fight, Narvaez won't be a walk in the park, former champion at SFLW. - Not even ranked top 10 at BW, where the fight took place.

32 year old 5' 7" Rees, ranked #6 at 135 by The Ring vs 5' 7" Broner: Two Lightweights #1 vs #6: Pointless fight, Rees is a former paper champion, Too short, too small, Do not watch, predictable, bad for boxing.
There is no way in hell they are the same height, Rees barely reaches Broner's shoulders.