Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 02-09-2013, 08:32 AM
Mr Ehrmantraut
baseball saved my life

Rep Power: 33 Mr Ehrmantraut has a reputation beyond reputeMr Ehrmantraut has a reputation beyond reputeMr Ehrmantraut has a reputation beyond reputeMr Ehrmantraut has a reputation beyond reputeMr Ehrmantraut has a reputation beyond reputeMr Ehrmantraut has a reputation beyond reputeMr Ehrmantraut has a reputation beyond reputeMr Ehrmantraut has a reputation beyond reputeMr Ehrmantraut has a reputation beyond reputeMr Ehrmantraut has a reputation beyond reputeMr Ehrmantraut has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 134,218,898,229,064.69
Total Points: 2,137,218,898,397,756.25
to sir henry. - HUGH JASS Thanks for payment my good man :beerchug: - jose830 complete ownage of BrotherKhalid - thuggery you're a man of your word...if you ever need a couple Trillions here and there don't hesitate to ask :fing02: - -jose- no to gays - BTL 
Welcome back man - Rocky... Medal of Freedom - Toe Injury No Message - -jose- :beerchug: salud! - -jose- No Message - -jose- 
Default I know it's another movie thread, but De Niro in Taxi Driver and Mean Streets...

Just lol.

Probably the best acting i've ever seen.

I honestly wanted to punch his head in he was that much of a dick in Mean Streets. Was he really that good or was he also a dick in reality in his younger days?.

As for Taxi Driver he literally looked like he needed sectioning. I bet he even scared the other actors.

(Going overkill with the movie threads i know)
Old 02-09-2013, 09:02 AM
_original_
Dinamita

Rep Power: 29 _original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 156,834,991,488.64
Total Points: 10,001,381,171,384,626.00
War Ortiz!!!!!!! - Sir TomJones Thank you bro. - -Pull ma Finga- Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem 
Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem kick this fool, he racist - The Problem Good man, cold one on me - Alx. You deserve more of these - Alx. war sutherland - Mike D 
That long post in White Knight thread had me in tears lol. - Box-Office 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem 

Don't apologize for more movie threads, they're one of the reason I come to the lounge.

De Niro in Taxi Driver was an absolute powerhouse, such a fleshed out character. Him not even getting an Oscar nomination was such a travesty and was a Sweet Pea-Chavez level of robbery.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:06 AM
_original_
Dinamita

Rep Power: 29 _original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute_original_ has a reputation beyond repute
War Ortiz!!!!!!! - Sir TomJones Thank you bro. - -Pull ma Finga- Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem 
Boxing scenes number one vagina. - The Problem kick this fool, he racist - The Problem Good man, cold one on me - Alx. You deserve more of these - Alx. war sutherland - Mike D 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Problem 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
Just lol.

I honestly wanted to punch his head in he was that much of a dick in Mean Streets. Was he really that good or was he also a dick in reality in his younger days?.

As for Taxi Driver he literally looked like he needed sectioning. I bet he even scared the other actors.

Well, not much is known about Bob when he's not acting, seeing as he's always been a very private individual. But he is a method actor, so he literally lives out his roles, which is why they seem so real and hard hitting. Top 5 All time Great Actor in my book.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:29 AM
Mr Ehrmantraut
baseball saved my life

Rep Power: 33 Mr Ehrmantraut has a reputation beyond reputeMr Ehrmantraut has a reputation beyond reputeMr Ehrmantraut has a reputation beyond reputeMr Ehrmantraut has a reputation beyond reputeMr Ehrmantraut has a reputation beyond reputeMr Ehrmantraut has a reputation beyond reputeMr Ehrmantraut has a reputation beyond reputeMr Ehrmantraut has a reputation beyond reputeMr Ehrmantraut has a reputation beyond reputeMr Ehrmantraut has a reputation beyond reputeMr Ehrmantraut has a reputation beyond repute
to sir henry. - HUGH JASS Thanks for payment my good man :beerchug: - jose830 complete ownage of BrotherKhalid - thuggery you're a man of your word...if you ever need a couple Trillions here and there don't hesitate to ask :fing02: - -jose- no to gays - BTL 
Welcome back man - Rocky... Medal of Freedom - Toe Injury No Message - -jose- :beerchug: salud! - -jose- No Message - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _original_ View Post
Well, not much is known about Bob when he's not acting, seeing as he's always been a very private individual. But he is a method actor, so he literally lives out his roles, which is why they seem so real and hard hitting. Top 5 All time Great Actor in my book.
I always change my mind about who i think is greater regarding De Niro and Al Pacino. I think it is my personal taste when i think AP is better than De Niro.

Honestly i've got to say De Niro because of Taxi Driver, he was unbelievable in it. He literally looked like he had insanity in his eyes.
Old 02-09-2013, 09:32 AM
led
Asia's Finest

Rep Power: 184 led has a reputation beyond reputeled has a reputation beyond reputeled has a reputation beyond reputeled has a reputation beyond reputeled has a reputation beyond reputeled has a reputation beyond reputeled has a reputation beyond reputeled has a reputation beyond reputeled has a reputation beyond reputeled has a reputation beyond reputeled has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,361,579,407,832,957,952.00
Total Points: 10,361,525,148,881,702,912.00
The Officially Unoffical Rumblin' Rockin' Medal of Honor - 2013 - Rockin' Mr. Congeniality :lol1: - jose830 love you too! - HUGH JASS To The C-Foundation! - Master Cvnt :luvbed:.. - jose830 
Welcome back! Have a bite of my Whoper :D - jose830 wb 9/22/13 - Rockin' With love from THE Angel - El Angel for them lonely nights, led :D - Fistic Happy New Year to a fellow Beatles fan - Freedom2013 
No Message - Sweet Pea 50 congrats mang - sugarsmosley enjoy! - -jose- Good to see you back!! - Pretty Boy1 :love: - -jose- 
to a funny guy and ATG - DonMega No Message - Beercules :love: - -jose- ye coont - SlySlickSmooth Merry Christmas led - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - blaze778 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - blaze778 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - P4P305 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Hard Dick Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - GOAT86 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - WhiskeyBottle! Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - WhiskeyBottle! Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - WhiskeyBottle! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - GOAT86 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian.. Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Ether AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian.. Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Ether Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Mannie Phresh 

Quote:
Just lol.

I don't think De Niro needed to be real bad to portray such role. He convincingly played the part of retarded in Awakening (w/Robin Williams).
Old 02-09-2013, 09:39 AM
_original_
Dinamita

Quote:
I always change my mind about who i think is greater regarding De Niro and Al Pacino. I think it is my personal taste when i think AP is better than De Niro.

Honestly i've got to say De Niro because of Taxi Driver, he was unbelievable in it. He literally looked like he had insanity in his eyes.
I'd personally go with De Niro but both are incredible actors no doubt. I'm assuming you've seen Raging Bull; what are your thoughts on that performance?
Old 02-09-2013, 10:15 AM
Mr Ehrmantraut
baseball saved my life

Quote:
Originally Posted by _original_ View Post
I'd personally go with De Niro but both are incredible actors no doubt. I'm assuming you've seen Raging Bull; what are your thoughts on that performance?
Honestly, i've never seen it.

Might sound strange, but growing up i used to have a bias and i would never watch old movies. Thankfully i snapped out of that and i am currently working my way through a backlog of classics.
Old 02-09-2013, 12:25 PM
talip bin osman
angst and revenge

Rep Power: 26 talip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,071,151,217,907.37
great poster - MaD vEiN prolific poster - Jerub_Baal thank you talip merry christmas - the collector Happy holidays bro! - led* Season's Greetings - Freedom. 
Welcome to the ranks - Terrel 

Quote:
Might sound strange, but growing up i used to have a bias and i would never watch old movies. Thankfully i snapped out of that and i am currently working my way through a backlog of classics.
welcome to the club...

dont stop with scorsese though...
Old 02-09-2013, 12:54 PM
_original_
Dinamita

Quote:
Honestly, i've never seen it.

Well, it's never too late; as time goes by our tastes in things tend to change including films. Do yourself a favor and watch that movie, it's brilliant and De Niro gives arguably his best performance to date in it. Plus it's the best boxing movie of all time
Old 02-09-2013, 07:31 PM
phallus
the lizard of ahs

Rep Power: 212 phallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond reputephallus has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 495,686,032,813.90
Total Points: 495,686,062,249.47
Hermano de leche.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Rimjob All-Star Team - DWiens421 have a drink on me bro. - Melly-Mel Big,thick, black cock in the ass - Mizzou To my long lost brother. - Round 1 
No Message - Dick Valentine Here homey. You need some food - mangler Here's a gift hermano.. - !! AI-Holmes!! top notch poster - BostonGuy eat some cake hermano.. - Round 1 
Happy Holidays phallus.. - !! AI-Holmes!! here's a leftover slice, enjoy! Brooklyn Pizza son!!! - -jose- 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - _PlaT_NuM_ Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - !! AI-Holmes!! Gay and Lesbian Pride - mangler jr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Mangler Jewnior 

taxi driver is the greater challenge of Bobby's acting ability, it's easier to be a dick all the time like in mean streets, travis (taxi driver ) changes dramatically throughout the film