Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read
View Poll Results: Does God exist?
No, God does not exist 42 50.00%
Yes, I believe in God 30 35.71%
I'm not sure 12 14.29%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
#161
Old 02-02-2013, 12:27 AM
Enayze
Boss
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Posts: 4,482
Rep Power: 31 Enayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 60,386,021.90
Bank: 11,897,506,127,451.95
Total Points: 11,897,566,513,473.85
Toast to Wladimir! - Tunney Happy 2k! - J. HITTER Keep educating and preaching the truth of God's word.  God bless you brother. - Rip Chudd :) - MANIAC310 You punked the shiit out of The Bringer lol - bearman3000 
Amazing Post! http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=579168&page=2 - jose830 fiat money for pwning the capitalist and keeping up with Schiff. - One_Capitalist 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
There is an overwhelming of amount of evidence against God...but no scientific evidence in favor.

Ill take some proof...to no proof.

If fear of eternal hellfire is the only thing keeping people from raping and pillaging....what does that say about our world?
What is this overwhelming amount of evidence against God that you speak of, im curious to know?
Reply With Quote
Enayze is offline
#162
Old 02-02-2013, 01:02 AM
led
Asia's Finest
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 12,289
Blog Entries: 2
Rep Power: 181 led has a reputation beyond reputeled has a reputation beyond reputeled has a reputation beyond reputeled has a reputation beyond reputeled has a reputation beyond reputeled has a reputation beyond reputeled has a reputation beyond reputeled has a reputation beyond reputeled has a reputation beyond reputeled has a reputation beyond reputeled has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 11,741,048,706,244.43
Bank: 7,851,118,044,619,753,472.00
Total Points: 7,851,129,785,668,459,520.00
10,500 here's a cookie...even doe i never got a gift from you when i hit 13k in one year - jose830 they don't offer any bongs in the e-store, so wine it is - Rockin' The Officially Unoffical Rumblin' Rockin' Medal of Honor - 2013 - Rockin' Mr. Congeniality :lol1: - jose830 love you too! - HUGH JASS 
To The C-Foundation! - Master Cvnt :luvbed:.. - jose830 Welcome back! Have a bite of my Whoper :D - jose830 wb 9/22/13 - Rockin' With love from THE Angel - El Angel 
for them lonely nights, led :D - Fistic Happy New Year to a fellow Beatles fan - Freedom2013 No Message - Sweet Pea 50 congrats mang - sugarsmosley enjoy! - -jose- 
Good to see you back!! - Pretty Boy1 :love: - -jose- to a funny guy and ATG - DonMega No Message - Beercules :love: - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - blaze778 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - blaze778 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - P4P305 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Hard Dick Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - GOAT86 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - WhiskeyBottle! Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - WhiskeyBottle! Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - WhiskeyBottle! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - GOAT86 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian.. Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Ether AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Dorian.. Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - Ether Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Ether 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Ether Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Mannie Phresh 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightSpecial View Post
There is an overwhelming of amount of evidence against God...but no scientific evidence in favor.

Ill take some proof...to no proof.

If fear of eternal hellfire is the only thing keeping people from raping and pillaging....what does that say about our world?
Scientific or not, who knows what discoveries may come.

I don't think damnation (as the main reason) is the reason why people, who believe in God, do good. It is love.

Look at Tua. We don't know what he believes in but what pushes him to do right things is because of food.
Reply With Quote
led is offline
#163
Old 02-02-2013, 02:14 AM
Ta Khent
Esoteric Enigma
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New Orleans, Louisiana
Posts: 2,080
Rep Power: 18 Ta Khent has a reputation beyond reputeTa Khent has a reputation beyond reputeTa Khent has a reputation beyond reputeTa Khent has a reputation beyond reputeTa Khent has a reputation beyond reputeTa Khent has a reputation beyond reputeTa Khent has a reputation beyond reputeTa Khent has a reputation beyond reputeTa Khent has a reputation beyond reputeTa Khent has a reputation beyond reputeTa Khent has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 12,000,113,618.31
Bank: 13,123,584,895.83
Total Points: 25,123,698,514.14
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enayze View Post
Where is your proof that the people you listed were innocent? In whose eyes, and by what standard? By your standard, or by Gods? And if they were truly righteous and innocent, then they would end up in heaven now wouldn't they?






Again I am well aware of what you pointed out, but you seem to miss what I am telling you. The death toll and damage from natural disasters has been on an upward trend. Just what happened to Japan and Indonesia is arguably the biggest catastrophe in the past 100 years.

Secondly, yes I am suggesting that man has been sinning more and more. Based on what you ask? Based on the fact that in the 20th century more people were slaughtered then all the previous centuries combined, taking population into account. Nazi Germany, Stalinist Russia, and Mao's China are arguably the most diabolical authoritative regimes to ever rule nations.




You missed my point, and I do not think you will get it anytime soon. We will have to agree to disagree. In early 2000's the human genome was mapped by a Christian man named Francis Collins. The human genome was so extensive and complicated that to this day it still is not fully understood. To me that is clear evidence of design as it was clear evidence for Francis Collins. The universe is infinitely more complex. No man made creation is more intricate than the life around you. So don't sit here an say there is no evidence for God, it is all around you, you just choose to ignore it.



The methods by which God created the Universe is up to you and rest of the mankind to find out and learn for themselves. Original purpose for the creation of man was to share and explore the knowledge of God, to have fellowship with Him.



What you have to understand is the bible is not a single book, it is a compilation of some 40+ books and letters, of over thousands of years. There is no book in the world that can match the bible in terms of longevity, history, and distribution, so stop making lame comparisons.

This so-called evidence you speak of isn't really evidence at all. It's your limited perception of the natural world around you. You attribute that to a God, a default explanation if you will. In the end, it's all about perception and relativity, not some absolute truth. The reason why you believe and not know God exists is because it infers doubt.
Reply With Quote
Ta Khent is offline
#164
Old 02-02-2013, 03:53 AM
the_ilest
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: california
Posts: 1,758
Rep Power: 9 the_ilest has a reputation beyond reputethe_ilest has a reputation beyond reputethe_ilest has a reputation beyond reputethe_ilest has a reputation beyond reputethe_ilest has a reputation beyond reputethe_ilest has a reputation beyond reputethe_ilest has a reputation beyond reputethe_ilest has a reputation beyond reputethe_ilest has a reputation beyond reputethe_ilest has a reputation beyond reputethe_ilest has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 112,005,034,083.82
Bank: 761,335,946.44
Total Points: 112,766,370,030.26
A gift for ya.. - !! AI-Holmes!! a sammich made just for u - sugarsmosley 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - !! AI-Holmes!! Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey 
Default

god does not exist it is as simple as that. heaven,eternal life, immortality are a joke and mockery to everything in this universe. everything dies and ceases to exists. if there is no after life for dead stars and planets then i'm really sure there is no afterlife for humans.
Reply With Quote
the_ilest is offline
#165
Old 02-02-2013, 05:47 AM
squealpiggy
Stritctly UG's friend
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: The Great White North (no racist)
Age: 36
Posts: 38,985
Rep Power: 213 squealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond reputesquealpiggy has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 2,140,326,049,633.58
Bank: 1.73
Total Points: 2,140,326,049,635.31
Good poster and a good guy, from Gmitchell - GMitchell f.aggot - Mizzou Super Piggy. - ABOSWORTH Good shit - mangler jr use it when you are too old to get a man - Carnivore 
The Demon-Haunted World - TheJoker take a break!!, lest you break! - Geze squealpiggy is in love with a f@ggot, lol, nyahahaha squealpiggy told me this, lol, nyahahahaha - Tha_Greatest you obliverated zizou homie, good win in your thunderdome resume, lol, nyahahahahaha - Tha_Greatest Eve says have a bite, its delicious.......... - bearman3000 
ATG Poster - Rich Loc Jr. Merry Christmas - Flab ...and a Happy New Year! - Flab zombies are not the threat, it's people, well done - Mike Tyson77 Happy holidays bro! - led* 
sometimes I agree with you sometimes I don't but nevertheless I enjoy reading all your post! :fing02: - jose830 Very informative. - Barnburner you're a queer - Weltschmerz One of the worst posters - Weltschmerz Funny poster, deserves a medal - jas 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZО Autism - Nemisis Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Mangler Jewnior Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - ƒallenloki Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - ƒallenloki World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas 
Default

A few years ago believers would outnumber non-believers in this poll by 10-1.
Reply With Quote
squealpiggy is offline
#166
Old 02-02-2013, 06:38 AM
Mud
Interim Champion
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 620
Rep Power: 10 Mud has a reputation beyond reputeMud has a reputation beyond reputeMud has a reputation beyond reputeMud has a reputation beyond reputeMud has a reputation beyond reputeMud has a reputation beyond reputeMud has a reputation beyond reputeMud has a reputation beyond reputeMud has a reputation beyond reputeMud has a reputation beyond reputeMud has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 224,414.82
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 224,414.82
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enayze View Post
Where is your proof that the people you listed were innocent? In whose eyes, and by what standard? By your standard, or by Gods? And if they were truly righteous and innocent, then they would end up in heaven now wouldn't they?
I assume you celebrate natural disasters because they are, in your eyes, Gods justice?

How exactly can children be guilty of crimes against God?
And how is their suffering justified? A loving god who causes abject random cruelty is a complete contradiction.

Quote:
Again I am well aware of what you pointed out, but you seem to miss what I am telling you. The death toll and damage from natural disasters has been on an upward trend. Just what happened to Japan and Indonesia is arguably the biggest catastrophe in the past 100 years.

Secondly, yes I am suggesting that man has been sinning more and more. Based on what you ask? Based on the fact that in the 20th century more people were slaughtered then all the previous centuries combined, taking population into account. Nazi Germany, Stalinist Russia, and Mao's China are arguably the most diabolical authoritative regimes to ever rule nations.
Complete nonsense. You are suggesting Indonesia and Japan were being punished for the crimes of Hitler, Stalin and Mao from over half a century ago? What kind of logic is that?

Quote:
You missed my point, and I do not think you will get it anytime soon. We will have to agree to disagree. In early 2000's the human genome was mapped by a Christian man named Francis Collins. The human genome was so extensive and complicated that to this day it still is not fully understood. To me that is clear evidence of design as it was clear evidence for Francis Collins. The universe is infinitely more complex. No man made creation is more intricate than the life around you. So don't sit here an say there is no evidence for God, it is all around you, you just choose to ignore it.
God of the gaps. ....AGAIN!

Which is it... The evidence for God is so obvious, its all around us.
Or...The evidence for God is in incredibly complex science that so far isnt fully understood.
??


Quote:
The methods by which God created the Universe is up to you and rest of the mankind to find out and learn for themselves. Original purpose for the creation of man was to share and explore the knowledge of God, to have fellowship with Him.
You said "the more people find out about gods methods..."
Now you say we dont know his methods?

May i suggest one method of his....magic!

Quote:
What you have to understand is the bible is not a single book, it is a compilation of some 40+ books and letters, of over thousands of years. There is no book in the world that can match the bible in terms of longevity, history, and distribution, so stop making lame comparisons.
Right, lame comparisons. Like the universe and Microsoft? lol

The Bible...Gods way of communicating his most vital message to save mankind!....

...a book filled with unverifiable far fetched stories that has needed thousands of years to write and spread across most of the world, and not only still hasnt been translated to the majority of world languages, but hasnt even reached some regions and thats before taking into account the worlds illiteracy percentage, volumes of different versions and personal interpretations.

If only he could speak to the world as efficiently as he is able to kill thousands of children.
Reply With Quote
Mud is offline
#167
Old 02-02-2013, 07:03 AM
RlCKY
Grade 10
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Sunnyvale
Age: 28
Posts: 5,758
Rep Power: 33 RlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond reputeRlCKY has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 21,919.02
Bank: 5,495,120,383.53
Total Points: 5,495,142,302.55
have an apple.............. - bigsmoothh haha good picture - RossCA Happy New Year RICKY.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy New Years to you and yours bro! :beerchug: - jose830 hilarious thread - jas 
Default

Has it been a week already?
Reply With Quote
RlCKY is offline
#168
Old 02-02-2013, 07:03 AM
D-MiZe
Iron lungs
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: England
Posts: 30,237
Blog Entries: 7
Rep Power: 103 D-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond reputeD-MiZe has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 4,501,462,865.52
Bank: 138,464,776,427,562.64
Total Points: 138,469,277,890,428.16
'cause it's going to piss pour! - *Boss Lady* for when I am around. ;) - *Boss Lady* Best chat up line in a gift and or message on Boxingscene. - *Boss Lady* Because you are just so charming. <3333 - *Boss Lady* You haven't been around ... batteries are now dead. - *Boss Lady* 
I read your manual, changed the batteries and made a mess. Ooops :) - *Boss Lady* Merry Christmas - Flab Happy new year! - Toney Loc :kiss: - *Boss Lady* Happy Easter babe :kiss: - Bossy 
25k Posts! :kiss: - Bossy For finishing 3rd in Season 2 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation Keeping the "Predictorship Challenge" alive. - D4thincarnation The Predictorship Challenge Champion Season 3 - D4thincarnation Happy holidays bro! - led* 
have a safe and Happy New Years bro! :fing02: - jose830 don't get to comfortable with this around your neck, it's going to be taken. - TartanSoldier cause you have janes toney as an avy and cause i cant finish this 6 pack - AyoMaDu Some great posts - jas genius predictions! - jas 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ЯiZО AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - GetSumBrah Hepatitis C - _PlaT_NuM_ Autism - The Scientist Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - ??? 
Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - siablo14 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr449 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Loccy Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - The Gully Gad Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - 'Sugar' Freddi Alzheimer's - Crohn's & Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - iBreakbeat Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - iBreakbeat 
Send a message via MSN to D-MiZe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enayze View Post
The bible........
You've got me.

I honestly didn't believe in Wind in the willows when I read the book but after seeing Ratty & Mole waltzing down my street, I must admit, I'm now a believer.
Reply With Quote
D-MiZe is offline
#169
Old 02-02-2013, 08:05 AM
deliveryman
Your token white guy
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Age: 29
Posts: 7,866
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 32 deliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 54,919.07
Bank: 157,758,992,058,591.66
Total Points: 157,758,992,113,510.72
Cheers! - Garo Good posts. Keep it up bro. - mitruth Thanks 4 your Vote G... - The Gully Gad You need a present. - Bossy for a super poster - jazluvr 
Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy Holidays deliveryman - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy Birthday :beerchug: - jose830 Happy birf day, man. - Sweet Pea 50 
Head and Neck Cancer - The_Executioner 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TensionKiller View Post
Ah a banker, well when you are a Scientist then come back to me on what is right or wrong.
Why do you keep capitalizing the word scientist and science?

Anyway...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TensionKiller View Post
I said I believe in God, a creator, don't bring up the Bible. I did not mention once, in any post here about a Biblical God. You replied to me, I did not reply to you.
Well you need to define this God/Creator in order to have any meaningful conversation. Does this God interact with reality? Do you have any relationship with this being? Does this God answer prayers of any type? Is this God a personal being? Otherwise you can concoct a never ending array of possible God-like entities, all of which I apparently have to disprove .

Quote:
Originally Posted by TensionKiller View Post
Once again, when you do your own scientific research, you're more than welcome to offer me to read it.
Because I'm not a cosmologist, astrophysicist, biologist, etc. I should refrain from agreeing with the scientific consensus? What an absurd argument.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TensionKiller View Post
Theory, tests, and facts. Is there a 100% Fact on how the Universe was created. Answer me that.
Your problem is, you don't understand the difference between facts and theories. It will never be fact on how our universe came into existence, only a theory (right now there's not even a theory). I have already explained this to you and I'm not going to do it again.

Last edited by deliveryman; 02-02-2013 at 09:17 AM..
Reply With Quote
deliveryman is offline
#170
Old 02-02-2013, 08:30 AM
deliveryman
Your token white guy
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Toronto
Age: 29
Posts: 7,866
Blog Entries: 1
Rep Power: 32 deliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond reputedeliveryman has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 54,919.07
Bank: 157,758,992,058,591.66
Total Points: 157,758,992,113,510.72
Cheers! - Garo Good posts. Keep it up bro. - mitruth Thanks 4 your Vote G... - The Gully Gad You need a present. - Bossy for a super poster - jazluvr 
Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy Holidays deliveryman - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy Birthday :beerchug: - jose830 Happy birf day, man. - Sweet Pea 50 
Head and Neck Cancer - The_Executioner 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TensionKiller View Post
Remember ladies and gentlemen, I said I/my many times in my first post for a reason.

Deliveryman replied to me suggesting MY beliefs may be wrong.
Of course your beliefs may be wrong (mine too), but that's not what I was suggesting.

To make myself clear:

The point I was trying to make is that feeling and intuition, which you have admitted is your method of discovering what is true, is actually an unreliable way of actually figuring stuff out. It was done this way for thousands of years and the result was this mass God graveyard we now call mythology.

There is a much better way...

Look at what has been achieved because of the scientific method in the last couple hundred years compared to the thousands of years of civilization prior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TensionKiller View Post
I said I believe in a creator/God.

It's up to him, the gentlemen who replied to ME first to prove that MY belief is wrong.


So sir, what proof do you have that there is no Creator?
Sorry pal, it doesn't work that way. It is not up to ME to disprove YOUR assertion. Just how it's not up to the defendant to prove his innocence in a court of law. Rather it is up to you to provide reasons and/or evidence for your beliefs. The reason that you have already cited was that you feel that you were correct. Which I already explained is flawed and unjustified.

So other than a gut feeling, do you have any other reasons why you believe in a 'creator'?

Last edited by deliveryman; 02-02-2013 at 08:38 AM..
Reply With Quote
deliveryman is offline
Reply

Bookmarks

Tags
exist:, false?, true

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

Fight Videos - Privacy Policy - Submit News - Feedback - Site Map - Advertise with Us

Copyright © 2003-2013 BoxingScene LLC All rights reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:12 AM.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.