Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 01-31-2013, 11:13 PM
pacmanis1
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 pacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,048,878.31
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil No Message - sugarsmosley 
Default Questions about the evolution of the PPV price

I was wondering if anyone here has been a fan long enough to let me know what fights raised the price. According to wikipedia the "Thrilla in Manilla" was the first PPV for 10$. I was wondering if anyone can tell me fights they remember ordering and how much they cost. The first fight I ever ordered was Pac/JMM 2 and I wanna say it was 49.99$. I know Ortiz/Mayweather was the first to be 59.99$ for the SD and 10$ more for HD. If anyone can help that would be great.

On a side note if anyone can tell me who raised the prices first between boxing, UFC, and WWE that would be AMAZING. I ask because I'm a long time WWE fan and during my childhood the PPVs were 29.99$, and now they're like 49.99$, which is ludacris for a monthly fake sport. I wanna say a few years ago the WWE PPVs were only 39.99$, but they raised the price because it was lower than UFC and they didn't want to seem lower than them.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-31-2013, 11:20 PM
Scarcaztic
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Scarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,890,111,900.23
Cashflow - mathed good posts - thuggery troll - The Problem 

First fight I've ever watched on PPV was Tyson vs. Bruno.

I believe it was $39.99. Of course I was too young at the time, so my dad ordered it.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:40 PM
Furn
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 Furn has a reputation beyond reputeFurn has a reputation beyond reputeFurn has a reputation beyond reputeFurn has a reputation beyond reputeFurn has a reputation beyond reputeFurn has a reputation beyond reputeFurn has a reputation beyond reputeFurn has a reputation beyond reputeFurn has a reputation beyond reputeFurn has a reputation beyond reputeFurn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,262,726,398,012.76
Total Points: 7,262,726,473,667.99
Khan's Army - Box-Office Funny stuff - hectari 

$10 in 1974 adjusted for inflation is around $47 now, so it's not that different.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:41 PM
pacmanis1
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 pacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond reputepacmanis1 has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil No Message - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by inITtoWINit View Post
First fight I've ever watched on PPV was Tyson vs. Bruno.

I believe it was $39.99. Of course I was too young at the time, so my dad ordered it.
Wow really? I wouldn't have guessed PPVs would be that much back then. Thanks for the imput.
Old 01-31-2013, 11:45 PM
pacmanis1
Interim Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furn View Post
$10 in 1974 adjusted for inflation is around $47 now, so it's not that different.
Just found a inflation calculator and you're right. Sorry I didn't even think to check.
Old 02-01-2013, 03:52 PM
Scarcaztic
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Scarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond reputeScarcaztic has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,890,111,900.23
Cashflow - mathed good posts - thuggery troll - The Problem 

Quote:
Originally Posted by pacmanis1 View Post
Wow really? I wouldn't have guessed PPVs would be that much back then. Thanks for the imput.
Just a rough guess. I remember begging my dad to order it, then he surprised me with it. I'm sure it was pretty pricey, even back then.