Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 01-30-2013, 12:12 PM
nm2tx32
Contender

Rep Power: 3 nm2tx32 has much to be proud ofnm2tx32 has much to be proud ofnm2tx32 has much to be proud ofnm2tx32 has much to be proud ofnm2tx32 has much to be proud ofnm2tx32 has much to be proud ofnm2tx32 has much to be proud ofnm2tx32 has much to be proud ofnm2tx32 has much to be proud of
Bank: 905,220.53
Total Points: 11,044,833,756.45

Quote:
Originally Posted by tredh View Post
No disrespect TS but this a question that didn't need to be asked. I could see if asked about Margarito or Kermit Citron but Vargas come on man!!!
you read my mind i was goin to do a pre-cintron margarito vs canelo but then you got these people whom woulda said "a margarito without loaded gloves blaah blah blah and the whole fifth degree" me personally i think vargas vs canelo would be a hell of a fight...

an does the kid gotta be 60-0 before he fights someone with a breathing pulse???
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-30-2013, 12:41 PM
Bushbaby
Wild Apache

Bank: 31,937,906,981,657.89
Total Points: 33,193,228,578,102.19
A fellow Williams fan! - Monkz cheers - LarryX2011 one of the best posters - MANIAC310 great fukkin poster - chiguy91 Happy new years - MANIAC310 
For a standup guy! - CubanGuyNYC Bradley's taking this thing down - mathed Happy Christmas amigo - chav Great poster. - CounterPunching Great Tribute to Miguel Cotto!  Thank you for taking the time! - Da Boxer 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - F-22 Raptor Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - mathed Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - LoadedWraps 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nm2tx32 View Post
well then feel free to educate me??? who wins this and how good sir????

excuse me didnt know the thread has been made before my bad
Sure thing. Let's start with size. Vargas was an absolute monster at 154. At the very least 5-10. More like 5-11 damn near close to 6 foot. If you were to go back & look at Vargas Tito he was actually outboxing the great Tito in the middle rounds. He was a solid boxer, very good skill with murderous punching power.

Now looking at ginger, he is about 5-8 at most. Not much bigger than Cotto. He has no head movement & is rather easy to hit. His handspeed isn't nothing to brag about & the jury is out on his power. Josesito hit him, an 80 year old Mosley hit him. He has stamina issues & to date hasn't fought anyone in his weight class that didn't have a doctored up ranking.

Vargas beat Quartey & Winky Wright who alone destroys ginger's 41 fights with room to spare. The quality of oponent before Vargas Tito is astoundingly 1 sided. Vargas had decent defense, controlled range well & could punch with the best of them. His jab was heavy, he picked off shots with his gloves & applied smart pressure.

I'd be surprised if ginger made it past round 4. If Vargas had ginger's resume he'd be undefeated with all by ko (probably) & taken less damge.
Old 01-30-2013, 12:45 PM
IMDAZED
You'll catch feelings

Rep Power: 91 IMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond reputeIMDAZED has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 140,114,921,858,294.86
Total Points: 1,000,142,118,087,356,032.00
for knowing your stuff! - natas206 thanks for the info. - TRUTH For that homerun of a post, bud. - Sweet Pea 50 An apple for one of BoxingScene's most knowledgeable posters - danc1984 BOOM - Fiend 
Excellent poster - ADDICT MOH. For continously educating NSB. - BattlingNelson been a while mate! - Tamis_Siensya No Message - WESS 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushbaby View Post
Sure thing. Let's start with size. Vargas was an absolute monster at 154. At the very least 5-10. More like 5-11 damn near close to 6 foot. If you were to go back & look at Vargas Tito he was actually outboxing the great Tito in the middle rounds. He was a solid boxer, very good skill with murderous punching power.

Now looking at ginger, he is about 5-8 at most. Not much bigger than Cotto. He has no head movement & is rather easy to hit. His handspeed isn't nothing to brag about & the jury is out on his power. Josesito hit him, an 80 year old Mosley hit him. He has stamina issues & to date hasn't fought anyone in his weight class that didn't have a doctored up ranking.

Vargas beat Quartey & Winky Wright who alone destroys ginger's 41 fights with room to spare. The quality of oponent before Vargas Tito is astoundingly 1 sided. Vargas had decent defense, controlled range well & could punch with the best of them. His jab was heavy, he picked off shots with his gloves & applied smart pressure.

I'd be surprised if ginger made it past round 4. If Vargas had ginger's resume he'd be undefeated with all by ko (probably) & taken less damge.
Agree with almost everything but the bolded is just false. Vargas had solid pop, not murderous by any means.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:28 PM
S. Saddler 1310
Banned

Rep Power: 0 S. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond reputeS. Saddler 1310 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,998,947,546.14

Vargas had very solid punching power. murderous would be Tito.
Old 01-31-2013, 12:28 AM
Motofan
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 24 Motofan has a reputation beyond reputeMotofan has a reputation beyond reputeMotofan has a reputation beyond reputeMotofan has a reputation beyond reputeMotofan has a reputation beyond reputeMotofan has a reputation beyond reputeMotofan has a reputation beyond reputeMotofan has a reputation beyond reputeMotofan has a reputation beyond reputeMotofan has a reputation beyond reputeMotofan has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 6,520,763,668.54
Total Points: 1,028,525,806,319.36

Another thread that makes it obvious how long the posters have followed the sport closely...
Old 01-31-2013, 01:32 AM
My Name Is...
HTownTexan

Rep Power: 27 My Name Is... has a reputation beyond reputeMy Name Is... has a reputation beyond reputeMy Name Is... has a reputation beyond reputeMy Name Is... has a reputation beyond reputeMy Name Is... has a reputation beyond reputeMy Name Is... has a reputation beyond reputeMy Name Is... has a reputation beyond reputeMy Name Is... has a reputation beyond reputeMy Name Is... has a reputation beyond reputeMy Name Is... has a reputation beyond reputeMy Name Is... has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,571,574,308.79
Total Points: 800,080,213,572,067,712.00
Cheers my friend. Green K returned also - deanrw Hang in there HT.  I'm sorry to hear about the recent storke of unforutnate luck for your loved ones. - ABOSWORTH sorry to hear about your families unfortunate accident bro. - El Gallo Negro! Thanks man, enjoy the sig - danc1984 Have one on me Homie!..Appreciate the gifts!.. - .::WaRCoTTo::. 
you get green k aswell, keep pissing the ricans off, lol, i like to do that aswell, viva mexico!!!!!! - Tha_Greatest enjoy Cotto's delicious tears - MANIAC310 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Perro Gay and Lesbian Pride - Akinapepemo Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - -Ash- 

I think Vargas would have easily out boxed Canelo, especially early, but I do think that Canelo would have his moments. Canelo has thudding power, and power that wears fighters down. I do think that both would probably knock each other down, but that Vargas would win a lopsided decision. Something like 8-4 or 9-3.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:08 PM
onetwopunch
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 onetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond reputeonetwopunch has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 33,164.83

A pre Trinidad Vargas would easily beat Canelo, He would outbox him then knock him out in the middle rounds..
Old 01-31-2013, 02:13 PM
lefthook2daliva
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 lefthook2daliva has a reputation beyond reputelefthook2daliva has a reputation beyond reputelefthook2daliva has a reputation beyond reputelefthook2daliva has a reputation beyond reputelefthook2daliva has a reputation beyond reputelefthook2daliva has a reputation beyond reputelefthook2daliva has a reputation beyond reputelefthook2daliva has a reputation beyond reputelefthook2daliva has a reputation beyond reputelefthook2daliva has a reputation beyond reputelefthook2daliva has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,225,326,905.66
Truth spoken about Khan-Mayweather!!! - Atreyu Khalil Good poster and he knows some boxing! - LoadedWraps STORMTROOPERS!!!!!! - mathed the king cotto thread question you asked, lol, if it hurts my feelings, ill answer you someday in the future, peace, lol - Tha_Greatest For owning me in the PAC Marquez debate - jas 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr 

Vargas fought great fighters.

Canelo has fought who?