Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 01-24-2013, 01:39 PM
Heavy Hitter
Contender

Rep Power: 5 Heavy Hitter has a spectacular aura aboutHeavy Hitter has a spectacular aura aboutHeavy Hitter has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 13,474.18

Good job Oscar, coming out and blasting the very company your trying to cut a deal with.

This makes me wonder if GBP is even serious. What was the purpose of that tweet? Schaefer needs to delete Oscars twitter, and put duct tape over his mouth at events.

Childish promoters in boxing........
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-24-2013, 02:05 PM
Heavy Hitter
Contender

Rep Power: 5 Heavy Hitter has a spectacular aura aboutHeavy Hitter has a spectacular aura aboutHeavy Hitter has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyBlanco View Post
YOU GUYS ARE ON CRACK.

Donaire vs. Mares is not a PPV. For all the hype, Donaire generates some of the lowest ratings on WCB (except when his fight was paired with the Pac replay), and Mares is far from a household name. If Chavez vs Martinez did 475k buys, how does two little guys fighting do 400-600k???

A $3m payment for either Donaire or Mares is HUGE. Consider that the top license fees at both HBO and Showtime are in the $3m range - so the license fee would cover only HALF of the main event, with nothing toward the purses and expenses of the other fighter, the undercard and bout costs.

And that stuff about HBO paying more money than Showtime is dead. Have you been watching lately? Did you see Showtime outbid HBO for Khan and Cotto? You think all the Golden Boy fighters at Showtime are accepting less than what they used to get at HBO???

I heard Arum was offering to buy Golden Boy out for $1.5m. Arum should take the $3m offer and run.
I agree. I've read some writers saying that showtimes BOXING budget was higher than HBO's in 2012. Fighters now can make as much money over there as to HBO.

Also to the point of Donaire-Mares being huge on PPV. On the scales of Martinez vs Chaves at 475k buys(Monster numbers btw). There is no way that Donaire vs Mares would get close to those buys unless the PPV was priced at a huge reduction, which still might not get it done!

Hard to see this fight on a PPV get over 250k buys on a $50-$55 suggested price.(Not that a 200k buy rate isn't a success in its self)
Old 01-24-2013, 02:10 PM
Zyzz
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Zyzz will become famous soon enoughZyzz will become famous soon enough
Total Points: 3,687.62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Hitter View Post
Good job Oscar, coming out and blasting the very company your trying to cut a deal with.

This makes me wonder if GBP is even serious. What was the purpose of that tweet? Schaefer needs to delete Oscars twitter, and put duct tape over his mouth at events.

Childish promoters in boxing........
he's blasting them cause anyone with a half a brain knows arum will come out with another excuse.... and besides, like Arum is any different with all the garbage he spews infront of cameras
Old 01-24-2013, 02:22 PM
Heavy Hitter
Contender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyzz View Post
he's blasting them cause anyone with a half a brain knows arum will come out with another excuse.... and besides, like Arum is any different with all the garbage he spews infront of cameras
Yes I was referring to both TR & GBP.
Old 01-27-2013, 01:42 AM
SoulByThePound
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 SoulByThePound is infamous around these partsSoulByThePound is infamous around these partsSoulByThePound is infamous around these partsSoulByThePound is infamous around these partsSoulByThePound is infamous around these partsSoulByThePound is infamous around these partsSoulByThePound is infamous around these partsSoulByThePound is infamous around these partsSoulByThePound is infamous around these partsSoulByThePound is infamous around these partsSoulByThePound is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 22,532.82

Quote:
Originally Posted by hectari View Post
He fought for the Mexican Olympic team.

Mares was born in Mexico, Donaire was born in the Philippines both grew up in America.
thanks for the correction...
Old 01-27-2013, 03:26 AM
Fighting_Pride
Pure Aggression

Rep Power: 10 Fighting_Pride has a reputation beyond reputeFighting_Pride has a reputation beyond reputeFighting_Pride has a reputation beyond reputeFighting_Pride has a reputation beyond reputeFighting_Pride has a reputation beyond reputeFighting_Pride has a reputation beyond reputeFighting_Pride has a reputation beyond reputeFighting_Pride has a reputation beyond reputeFighting_Pride has a reputation beyond reputeFighting_Pride has a reputation beyond reputeFighting_Pride has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 117,827,752,771.05
Total Points: 117,828,940,437.75
great poster, don't let these racist flomos keep you down. war pacman! - Neutral very good poster. dont let those racist flomos get to u - Neutral wicked sig bro - MexicutioneƦ here's to the fuc*ing weekend! - MexicutioneƦ Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - MexicutioneƦ 

GBP starting to look like beggars. how many times does arum have to say it, there is no fucking way he works with GBP ever again after that fiasco during the pacquiao-mayweather bullshit talks
Old 01-29-2013, 04:58 PM
Snake...
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Snake... is infamous around these partsSnake... is infamous around these partsSnake... is infamous around these partsSnake... is infamous around these partsSnake... is infamous around these partsSnake... is infamous around these partsSnake... is infamous around these partsSnake... is infamous around these partsSnake... is infamous around these partsSnake... is infamous around these partsSnake... is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 10,016,210,009.91
have an apple....... - bigsmoothh 
Cool

Old 01-29-2013, 05:09 PM
ИATAS
Legend

Rep Power: 149 ИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond reputeИATAS has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 767,842,737,573,442.25
Total Points: 1,870,797,356,692,487.00
Have a virtual beer on me. - FRKO Good Poster! - J. HITTER Thanks for the help dude. - S a m u r a i For the brilliant post in lady's atheist 2 thread. - ABOSWORTH Bhop gif. I will send you gift number 2 when you actually finish it. :) - Precision 
Cocktail hour - mangler hey, you richly deserved the shiet right here, right now - cleaner147 to complete ur mothafukkin collection - cleaner147 War Hopkins!!!...Anyways Here Is A Gift My Man - BritishBoxing92 War Natas!!! - Old Coward 
Tye Tye Tye - DorianWozniacki one of my favourite posters - Blah! BURRRRRRRRR! - led's baby mama happy bday homey - MANGLER Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks 
great game thanks for payment :beerchug: - jose830 Great thread - Boxing Goat -Rapernick- :lol1: - -jose- It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for making classic threads - jas Great poster - jas 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Childhood Cancer - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - street bully Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr Aphasia - Asthma/Allergies - Brain Cancer - Brain Tumors - Diabetes - Mental Illness - jazluvr Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jazluvr 
Autism - Lorily Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - MANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Hitter View Post
I agree. I've read some writers saying that showtimes BOXING budget was higher than HBO's in 2012. Fighters now can make as much money over there as to HBO.

)
id like to see a source of that.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:10 PM
QballLobo
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 QballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond reputeQballLobo has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,040,070,745.00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighting_Pride View Post
GBP starting to look like beggars. how many times does arum have to say it, there is no fucking way he works with GBP ever again after that fiasco during the pacquiao-mayweather bullshit talks
How is them offering Nonito a bigger pay day then his own promoter make Golden Boy look like beggers?
They are just calling Arum on his BS. Donaire can say whatever he wants but he knows he is getting played by Arum on this one. If he had some balls he would make Arum step up and match the Golden Boy offer for him to fight Rigo or make the Mares fight. Donaire looks like a chump right now.
Old 01-29-2013, 05:14 PM
NearHypnos
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 NearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 104,351,666,551.99
Total Points: 127,852,171,510.23
thanks for the vid man - mellow_mood Great poster! - UTEP 

Quote:
Originally Posted by QballLobo View Post
How is them offering Nonito a bigger pay day then his own promoter make Golden Boy look like beggers?
They are just calling Arum on his BS. Donaire can say whatever he wants but he knows he is getting played by Arum on this one. If he had some balls he would make Arum step up and match the Golden Boy offer for him to fight Rigo or make the Mares fight. Donaire looks like a chump right now.

Yeah... Gotta agree here. As much as i like the Donaire vs rigo fight (I think its better imo..has a bigger air of unpredictability for me). But the reason the fight is being held up with Mares is awful. Nonito does look like a chunp right now I hate to say. Nonito should at the very least show his displeasure with Arums decision. Sure, its probably not Nonitos fault but it reflects badly on him.