Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Would a Garcia win get him into the Hall of Fame
yes 23 46.94%
no 26 53.06%
Voters: 49. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 01-25-2013, 08:39 PM
The Gambler1981
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 51 The Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,693,290,947,890.12
Total Points: 2,703,891,059,837.51
respect. - mellow_mood you deserve a metal for defending the woman beater, lol, nyahahaha - Tha_Greatest always a good poster. have a beer. - jreckoning \m/ - Kenny MF Powers thanks brother - mrpain81 
great easy logical advice you gave for others on the thunderdome for trolls like me, lol, everything you stated i have stated to many people but few people would take mind of what you wrote, lol, excellent post, plain  logic to keep your composure fo - Tha_Greatest No Message - mathed thatll be 5$ - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggum View Post
you are supposed to go by official results? so why isn't sven ottke in the hall of fame? don't you always say you don't let other people influence you, but now you are letting the official results be your only guide? seems strange.

judah did more jabbing at matthysse's gloves while mattyhsse did more hitting judah. i guess it depends on what you like better? in that respect it was close.
I am pretty sure the boxing writers are suppose to go by the official results but some results are more important and decisive than others and should he count as such.

I don't but I am not a boxing writer nor am I a hall of fame voter, besides I said I thought Judah won a close fight and it is not like Matthysse did a lot of hitting he did a lot more posing and standing around waiting. If you like a guy doing not very much then that is your choice, but that was a close fight so you like what Matthysse did fine, it is not like he murdered Judah which is how you seem to be portraying it.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-25-2013, 08:41 PM
crold1
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 23 crold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,185,827.24
I totally agree with your p4p rankings, Pac is definitely above Floyd. - Neutral 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashy Larryx View Post
Would this win punch his ticket in to the Hall of Fame?
Garcia isn't the lineal champ. He's the Ring champ. Almost no one regarded Khan-Garcia as a 1-2 fight when it happened.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:46 PM
The Gambler1981
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 51 The Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond repute
respect. - mellow_mood you deserve a metal for defending the woman beater, lol, nyahahaha - Tha_Greatest always a good poster. have a beer. - jreckoning \m/ - Kenny MF Powers thanks brother - mrpain81 
great easy logical advice you gave for others on the thunderdome for trolls like me, lol, everything you stated i have stated to many people but few people would take mind of what you wrote, lol, excellent post, plain  logic to keep your composure fo - Tha_Greatest No Message - mathed thatll be 5$ - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles1987 View Post
I actually think the opposite would happen. If Matthysse proves to be a killer, then people who go back and watch the fight will see the obvious difference and know he was just green going in. If he ends up just being a good fighter who never proves to be that much better than he was against Judah, then the win will look better, because even that Matthysse will be a tough fighter.
That usually is not how it goes, look at B-Hop versus Jones I B-Hop clearly was not the guy he would become but Jones gets a ton of credit for that fight.

Matthysse turning out to be excellent can't hurt Judah, it certainly is a flawed argument though to put a lot of emphasis on that win and under scrutiny it would look less impressive the more you look at it because it was close, not very decisive and Matthysse was obviously green.

I just think that win could help his case under that scenario, that said there isn't much reason to argue about it because Judah probably won't beat Garcia and I would bet my life on Judah not going on the run needed for Matthysse's quality to come into play.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:48 PM
daggum
All time great

Rep Power: 58 daggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,001,150,357,332.02
Super Joe Calzagheeeeeeeee - Sir TomJones I think Calzaghe is ATG and yes I realise I am daggum - rorymac you deserve a kick for your hatred of white boxers - Freedom. you post nothing except hatred and ridicule of the boxers - Freedom. You post nothing except hatred and ridicule of boxers.... keep up the good work - Deal With It 
You deserve a medal for your hatred of white boxers - Deal With It this hater deserves a kick - Freedom. have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Joe, Floyd, and Wlad are winners, you are a loser - Freedom. for the hilarious and utterly relentless Zag bashing! - The Surgeon 
No Message - Tha_Greatest stand up poster - bigsmoothh pizza pizza - bigsmoothh Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero calzaghe = goat - sugarsmosley 
give this loser daggum another kick - Freedom2014 you are the funniest poster on the site, here's a pie - jas this calzaghe reminder thread is hilarious - jas a truly great poster - jas hella funny posts - SlySlickSmooth 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
I am pretty sure the boxing writers are suppose to go by the official results but some results are more important and decisive than others and should he count as such.

I don't but I am not a boxing writer nor am I a hall of fame voter, besides I said I thought Judah won a close fight and it is not like Matthysse did a lot of hitting he did a lot more posing and standing around waiting. If you like a guy doing not very much then that is your choice, but that was a close fight so you like what Matthysse did fine, it is not like he murdered Judah which is how you seem to be portraying it.
i like a guy that is hitting the other guy since that's the point of boxing. moving around and throwing jabs that land a foot short isn't the point of boxing is it? i guess you can do that if your opponent does absolutely nothing but matthysse was hitting judah a lot more than judah was hitting him, hence he deserved to win. he doesn't have to murder judah, he just has to be better than him on that night and he clearly was.
Old 01-25-2013, 08:54 PM
The Gambler1981
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggum View Post
i like a guy that is hitting the other guy since that's the point of boxing. moving around and throwing jabs that land a foot short isn't the point of boxing is it? i guess you can do that if your opponent does absolutely nothing but matthysse was hitting judah a lot more than judah was hitting him, hence he deserved to win. he doesn't have to murder judah, he just has to be better than him on that night and he clearly was.
I like guys who punch also and Judah was punching Matthysse more from what I saw, so we obviously saw two very different fight~ but I am willing to acknowledge it was close and debatable. It certainly wasn't clear cut for Matthysse like you are saying.

This debate doesn't even matter though because what I said would need to happen isn't going to come to pass, so do you want to continue on a pointless debate because we are never going to agree which isn't really a news flash.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:01 PM
wmute
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 31 wmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond reputewmute has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 18,075,297,599.79
Total Points: 18,075,497,078.89

Bah we sure it'd be lineal? If so, for sure.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:02 PM
daggum
All time great

Rep Power: 58 daggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond repute
Super Joe Calzagheeeeeeeee - Sir TomJones I think Calzaghe is ATG and yes I realise I am daggum - rorymac you deserve a kick for your hatred of white boxers - Freedom. you post nothing except hatred and ridicule of the boxers - Freedom. You post nothing except hatred and ridicule of boxers.... keep up the good work - Deal With It 
You deserve a medal for your hatred of white boxers - Deal With It this hater deserves a kick - Freedom. have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Joe, Floyd, and Wlad are winners, you are a loser - Freedom. for the hilarious and utterly relentless Zag bashing! - The Surgeon 
No Message - Tha_Greatest stand up poster - bigsmoothh pizza pizza - bigsmoothh Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero calzaghe = goat - sugarsmosley 
give this loser daggum another kick - Freedom2014 you are the funniest poster on the site, here's a pie - jas this calzaghe reminder thread is hilarious - jas a truly great poster - jas hella funny posts - SlySlickSmooth 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
I like guys who punch also and Judah was punching Matthysse more from what I saw, so we obviously saw two very different fight~ but I am willing to acknowledge it was close and debatable. It certainly wasn't clear cut for Matthysse like you are saying.

This debate doesn't even matter though because what I said would need to happen isn't going to come to pass, so do you want to continue on a pointless debate because we are never going to agree which isn't really a news flash.
ok well i can't cure blindness so i guess this is the end of this debate.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:02 PM
crold1
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 23 crold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,185,827.24
I totally agree with your p4p rankings, Pac is definitely above Floyd. - Neutral 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmute View Post
Bah we sure it'd be lineal? If so, for sure.
It's not lineal. It's Ring. Not the same in this case.
Old 01-25-2013, 09:08 PM
Russian Crushin
atheist with a gun

Rep Power: 173 Russian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond reputeRussian Crushin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 743,591,224,470,189.50
Total Points: 748,591,775,662,987.88
Happy B-Day brotha! - blaze778 Happy birthday bro! - led superbirthday - TBear cheers bro! - chiguy91 here's a fanta bro...i think - Alx. 
happy birthday! - dj Pepe happy bday again - TBear Happy Birthday! I hope you have a wonderful day - Bossy Happy birthday bro! - led Happy B-day - CuauhtÚmoc1520 
ATG - rorymac Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks Happy holidays bro! - led* Happy Holidays Russian Crushin, - !! AI-Holmes!! have a Happy and safe New Years my brother from a Russian mother :beerchug: - jose830 
Great Poster - Dr Rumack HBD bro. - led* Happy Birthday - Freedom. Hope you have a good one! - dan_cov cheers!! - drenlou 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - 'Sugar' Freddi Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - 'Sugar' Freddi Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - 'Sugar' Freddi Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - mathed 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - TBear Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - TBear Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - jose830 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - jazluvr Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - jazluvr 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crold1 View Post
Garcia isn't the lineal champ. He's the Ring champ. Almost no one regarded Khan-Garcia as a 1-2 fight when it happened.
Quote:
Thank you
Old 01-25-2013, 09:16 PM
daggum
All time great

Quote:
cliff....coming soon to a hall of fame near you...............SVEN OTTKE!