Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 01-22-2013, 11:07 PM
CubanGuyNYC
Latin From Manhattan

Rep Power: 32 CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 5,436,961,280,170,401.00
Total Points: 5,436,961,280,191,038.00
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil For being a good poster - Cuauhtémoc1520 good poster - -MAKAVELLI- victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov 
Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 
Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine true top notch poster - sugarsmosley intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas 
good lookin' out! - lefthook2daliva For the old drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Sour grapes, drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Here you go man .. Always thought u represent us very well . I once referred to u as our " diplomatic ambassador " on here.  I think it suits u well !!!!! - Respect Power NSB Book of Wisdom - damit305 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsfd26 View Post
Weren't you trying to go catch this fight at a bar? Maybe you had a little too many drinks...

You know, I had forgotten what that KD looked like. Memory isn't 100% reliable. Many studies have proven that.

I just watched the KD a couple of times. Gamboa didn't actually go through the ropes. Yuri was close to the ropes when he went down and reached out. He was hurt by the punch, though. He's never been hurt like that before. I didn't remember the shot being that good. You're right, it might've knocked anyone else out. As we've discussed, Gamboa's chin isn't as bad as many seem to think.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-22-2013, 11:22 PM
.:: JSFD26 ::.
Brawski

Rep Power: 72 .:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,751,724,305,740,614.00
Total Points: 1,858,624,305,793,727.00
The Ambassador, hahahaha - MalikKnucklez thank you for taking time to post on my thread - robson24 every man deserves a superman, specially a good honest bloke like yourself :) - Alx. talented poster - I'm so sorry thanks for payment :beerchug: - jose830 
enjoy - mathed knowledgeable poster - thuggery Cheers - dan_cov Socio - CubanGuyNYC Cult of Rigo!!! For Life!!!!!! We Here Baby!!! - Cubanborn87 
we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA godtthysse is a beast - thuggery Great Sig run Danny - handwraps 4th place - Boxingscene predictorship challenge. - dan_cov 
:beerchug: - -jose- matty ice - sugarsmosley CUBAN BOXING SCHOOL!!! :( - f4314n68 For the tears. - Jalisciense909 You deserve a gold.  Keep speaking from the heart.  . - damit305 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubanGuyNYC
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

Weren't you trying to go catch this fight at a bar? Maybe you had a little too many drinks...

You know, I had forgotten what that KD looked like. Memory isn't 100% reliable. Many studies have proven that.

I just watched the KD a couple of times. Gamboa didn't actually go through the ropes. Yuri was close to the ropes when he went down and reached out. He was hurt by the punch, though. He's never been hurt like that before. I didn't remember the shot being that good. You're right, it might've knocked anyone else out. As we've discussed, Gamboa's chin isn't as bad as many seem to think.
I thought he fell on the ropes and was laying on them. He was badly hurt but if you watch the replay in slow mo it was a perfect shot. I'm fully convinced that wouldve KOed anyone with a "weak chin" or chinny as they call him. One thing that does worry me about Gamboa is that he got up real quick (his ego?). He should've gave himself some time to recover while taking the count on his knee. I understand in his previous KDs he wasn't hurt and got away with doing that but in that one he was visibly hurt. Someone needs to address that. Its a common mistake I see with young fighters too.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
Old 01-22-2013, 11:45 PM
komandante
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 komandante has a reputation beyond reputekomandante has a reputation beyond reputekomandante has a reputation beyond reputekomandante has a reputation beyond reputekomandante has a reputation beyond reputekomandante has a reputation beyond reputekomandante has a reputation beyond reputekomandante has a reputation beyond reputekomandante has a reputation beyond reputekomandante has a reputation beyond reputekomandante has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 25,737.00

Billy who, did he ever fought a credible fighter have not seen one. He only fights door knobs and tomatoe cans.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:08 AM
CubanGuyNYC
Latin From Manhattan

Rep Power: 32 CubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond reputeCubanGuyNYC has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil For being a good poster - Cuauhtémoc1520 good poster - -MAKAVELLI- victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov 
Have a beer to celebrate! - dan_cov Le ganamos! - Matty Ice We Finally Here, this is our moment!!! - Cubanborn87 how Fredie Mercury would say...We are the champions..we are the champion...of the world.. - *ANGRY CUBAN* Voice of reason - P4P poster. ATG, NSB HoF. - damit305 
Happy New Year CubanGuyNYC - TBear Thanks bro, Happy New Years! All the best for 2014. - dan_cov Great BoxingScene poster and top guy - a beer for my Cuban brethren! - PainfromUkraine true top notch poster - sugarsmosley intelligent poster, here's a sandwich to munch into - jas 
good lookin' out! - lefthook2daliva For the old drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Sour grapes, drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Here you go man .. Always thought u represent us very well . I once referred to u as our &quot; diplomatic ambassador &quot; on here.  I think it suits u well !!!!! - Respect Power NSB Book of Wisdom - damit305 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsfd26 View Post
I thought he fell on the ropes and was laying on them. He was badly hurt but if you watch the replay in slow mo it was a perfect shot. I'm fully convinced that wouldve KOed anyone with a "weak chin" or chinny as they call him. One thing that does worry me about Gamboa is that he got up real quick (his ego?). He should've gave himself some time to recover while taking the count on his knee. I understand in his previous KDs he wasn't hurt and got away with doing that but in that one he was visibly hurt. Someone needs to address that. Its a common mistake I see with young fighters too.
I don't want to make much of the ropes thing. The way you initially described it, I thought you meant Gamboa's body went through the ropes as we've seen so many fighters do. I probably would've remembered that. lol The punch was definitely a solid shot from a heavy hitter. It would've taken out many guys.

You make a good point. Yuri got up immediately. Maybe it was a natural reflex; maybe it was a pride thing. Gamboa is a cocky dude, I'm sure he might've found that a little embarrassing, on the undercard of a big PPV and after dominating his opponent.
Old 01-23-2013, 03:27 AM
nycsmooth
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 nycsmooth has a reputation beyond reputenycsmooth has a reputation beyond reputenycsmooth has a reputation beyond reputenycsmooth has a reputation beyond reputenycsmooth has a reputation beyond reputenycsmooth has a reputation beyond reputenycsmooth has a reputation beyond reputenycsmooth has a reputation beyond reputenycsmooth has a reputation beyond reputenycsmooth has a reputation beyond reputenycsmooth has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 46,485.62
No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 
No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 
No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 No Message - Goodfella12 you deserve a kick for your stupid posts - Freedom. 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - S~T~J Gay and Lesbian Pride - S~T~J 

good espn go as it should xpose the non-entity...interested in seeing Nelson on live tv...
Old 01-24-2013, 02:05 AM
Hilis
Up and Comer

Total Points: 1,002,291.43

No hate, but I feel like there are so many fighters at 126 that would outclass Dib; he lost to Steven Luevano for heavens sake and I dont know why 50 cent ever even signed him. Folks get tired of these so called champions that dont deserve a belt
Old 01-24-2013, 02:11 AM
CubanGuyNYC
Latin From Manhattan

good lookin' out! - lefthook2daliva For the old drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Sour grapes, drag queen. - Jalisciense909 Here you go man .. Always thought u represent us very well . I once referred to u as our &quot; diplomatic ambassador &quot; on here.  I think it suits u well !!!!! - Respect Power NSB Book of Wisdom - damit305 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hilis View Post
No hate, but I feel like there are so many fighters at 126 that would outclass Dib; he lost to Steven Luevano for heavens sake and I dont know why 50 cent ever even signed him. Folks get tired of these so called champions that dont deserve a belt
Franco is nothing special himself, although he does have some heart. It'll be interesting to see if Luis can snatch that belt.