Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 01-23-2013, 10:02 AM
Renal Colic
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 Renal Colic has a reputation beyond reputeRenal Colic has a reputation beyond reputeRenal Colic has a reputation beyond reputeRenal Colic has a reputation beyond reputeRenal Colic has a reputation beyond reputeRenal Colic has a reputation beyond reputeRenal Colic has a reputation beyond reputeRenal Colic has a reputation beyond reputeRenal Colic has a reputation beyond reputeRenal Colic has a reputation beyond reputeRenal Colic has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,023,463,151,993.37
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Thanks for green K - Weltschmerz 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe2608 View Post
The thing is with music is that it moves fast and keeps evolving as time goes on, but you will always be in love with your era and think it's the best because it reminds you of when you were growing up having the most fun.
I think this is often the case but not always. I've heard a lot of teenagers say the music today is crap. Also, many people listen to classical and jazz music which was written before they were born.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:43 AM
Barnburner
TheTartanSoldier

Rep Power: 44 Barnburner has a reputation beyond reputeBarnburner has a reputation beyond reputeBarnburner has a reputation beyond reputeBarnburner has a reputation beyond reputeBarnburner has a reputation beyond reputeBarnburner has a reputation beyond reputeBarnburner has a reputation beyond reputeBarnburner has a reputation beyond reputeBarnburner has a reputation beyond reputeBarnburner has a reputation beyond reputeBarnburner has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 143,061,007,084,346.91
Total Points: 143,451,018,458,453.72
The Greatest Vid : Barney the Great - McGoorty 3000 posts! - rorymac Keep up the top notch vids - JAB5239 Merry Crimbo! - The Surgeon To another of a select group of real boxing fans who really know their boxing history! - Terry A 
Your 4000th post and you quoted me, I'm honoured! Happy 4k :wave: - *Boss Lady* 4 the uploads! - chiguy91 Congrats on 5K solid KO's.. - !! AI-Holmes!! For you epic break down of Oreo's, and the Mayan calendar. lmaooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 well deserved - the collector 
For the massive amount of points given - MindBat Merry X-mas Lad! Have a good un! - The Surgeon Happy New Year - Freedom. You're going to need it to beat me. - D-MiZe victory is sweet , rigotard and proud!! - HUGH JASS 
Rigonation badge of honor! - dan_cov your first post in the weed thread barn! , i know you don't smoke , keep it that way young one!! - HUGH JASS Happy birthday! Hope you have a good one. - dan_cov Boxingscene Chat room :fing02: - jose830 what up homie...just incase I want you to know I had nothing to do with that thread title change that's your thread bro - -jose- 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - NChristo Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NChristo Childhood Cancer - NChristo Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - NChristo Hepatitis C - NChristo 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - NChristo Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - NChristo Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - NChristo Autism - NChristo Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - NChristo 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - NChristo Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - NChristo Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - NChristo Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - NChristo World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - arraamis 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - codey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Daniel Alpha 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HooksInYou View Post
I think this is often the case but not always. I've heard a lot of teenagers say the music today is crap. Also, many people listen to classical and jazz music which was written before they were born.
I don't listen to today's music.

My favourite artists are Bob Dylan, Bob Seger and Dr Hook, largely due to the CD's I listened to in the car as a young child with my father.
Old 01-23-2013, 10:52 AM
EDD1
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 EDD1 has a reputation beyond reputeEDD1 has a reputation beyond reputeEDD1 has a reputation beyond reputeEDD1 has a reputation beyond reputeEDD1 has a reputation beyond reputeEDD1 has a reputation beyond reputeEDD1 has a reputation beyond reputeEDD1 has a reputation beyond reputeEDD1 has a reputation beyond reputeEDD1 has a reputation beyond reputeEDD1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,970,187.21
Total Points: 9,983,355.31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
Art imitates life, it's not the other way around.

If you look at modern music (last 100 years or so) every decade or generation has represented that time with what was going on around it.

In the "Roaring 20's" you saw the freedom of people from prohibition, and new dance crazes that took the country by storm.

In the 30's, Jazz and swing really hit big and it was still an innocent time in America.

In the 40's, it was post WWII and it was Jazz as well as Swing and other fads that were hitting but it was a very celebratory time in America and the music reflected it.

In the 50's, we saw the beginnings of Rock n Roll. It was still innocent, happy and had a good beat and the youth listened to it as a form of rebellion.

In the 60's, it got serious. Civil rights, women's lib, and the mix of drugs and the current wars changed the country and music drastically. This is when Americans lost their innocence and the music reflected that. Hard core rock was in place, and Woodstock brought the peace and love hippie movement to the forefront.

The 70's still had even harder rock but also brought in Disco. It was more frivolous because people started becoming more self centered and worried less about political issues than in the 60's.

In the 80's, it was the "Me" generation. Tons of coke was being done, music was very pop but there was a youth movement in the inner city that spawned the commercialization of hip hop with groups like Run Dmc and LL Cool J. White kids in the cities were doing the same with Punk rock.

In the 90's thats where the last of the really good Hip Hop was being made. Classic albums like "The Chronic" and "Illmatic" were made but by the late 90's, that level of Hip Hop was disappearing.

In the 2000's, music went to sh1t. It was completely about making money, anyone could get their 15 minutes of fame and youtube and sites like that made it possible to not have talent and still be heard. Catchy beats replaced skilled lyrics and rock was just as "pop" as hip hop. Money had taken control of the creativity in music.

We are now in the worst state of music ever on the planet. Yes there is still some really good music out there but it's hidden underneath all the crap that get's played on 106 and park. It's all about style, what you look like and who is hot for the second that it lasts.

This generation is the most shallow generation of all and it's because of the self love and admiration it has without accomplishing anything or standing for anything.

Congrats, you guys suck.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! I feel old when I say this to people... but well said!!
Old 01-23-2013, 11:04 AM
The_Demon
Big dog

Rep Power: 39 The_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond reputeThe_Demon has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 43,169,919,732.14
Total Points: 74,247,757,152.20
cant grren k you my friend at the moment so i got you a gift instead - project xxx1 Thanks 4 your Vote G... - The Gully Gad thanks mate - Pension-Killer Thanks for knowing the movie mane - Natedatpkid I hope this beer will help,. I'm a nice guy - McGoorty 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - DuttyAlacrity Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - JM1 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - JM1 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - JM1 Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Sir TomJones 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - Sir TomJones Childhood Cancer - Sir TomJones Gay and Lesbian Pride - Pretty Boy32 

That isnt good music,but it is what the spastic kids listen too
Old 01-23-2013, 11:12 AM
BKM-2010
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 BKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond reputeBKM-2010 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,156,115,365.48
enjoyed the gif :fing02: - jose830 My bad! - Dorian 

These nwo whores aren't that much different than my time when you had talentless dirty filthy whores like britney spears and christina aguilera showing their culo's on tv the whole day. There just seem to be more now than before. But don't get it twisted, crap music has been around for a long time.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:45 AM
res
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 res has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 107,790,308.58
Thanks for your help! - Bendigo To the 80's cartoons. - WTFBALLZ 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Noose View Post
Reminds me of 80's pop.

I prefer it to the torrent of awful r'nb and hip hop crap of recent years.
How does that remind of you of 80's Pop?

She's better than 90% of the Rappers around now named "Lil" something or other.

Last edited by res; 01-23-2013 at 11:49 AM..
Old 01-23-2013, 11:48 AM
res
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 res has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond reputeres has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post

In the 80's, it was the "Me" generation. Tons of coke was being done, music was very pop but there was a youth movement in the inner city that spawned the commercialization of hip hop with groups like Run Dmc and LL Cool J. White kids in the cities were doing the same with Punk rock.

The "Me" generation were the Baby Boomers of the 1960's .

The term is most strongly associated with the late 60's and 70's.
Old 01-23-2013, 11:48 AM
Enayze
Boss

Rep Power: 30 Enayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond reputeEnayze has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,772,645,297,598.00
Total Points: 3,772,705,628,222.85
Toast to Wladimir! - Tunney Happy 2k! - J. HITTER Keep educating and preaching the truth of God's word.  God bless you brother. - Rip Chudd :) - MANIAC310 You punked the shiit out of The Bringer lol - bearman3000 
Amazing Post! http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=579168&page=2 - jose830 fiat money for pwning the capitalist and keeping up with Schiff. - One_Capitalist 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Hickey View Post
I don't know how, at the tender age of 25, I became so old as to not understand this.

Apparently this is what goes as good music these days

To be honest isn't any different than your typical Kesha track. This on the other hand

Old 01-23-2013, 11:56 AM
Danny Gunz
Smokin'

Rep Power: 59 Danny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,113,452,972,078.53
Total Points: 6,398,268,276,398.15
Cool Poster. - Barnburner 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Danny Gunz Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - WANGLER Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dorian.. 

Theres good music and bad music out there, the problem is with all the avenues to show the music the bad ones are going to outweigh the good, as it should.
Old 01-23-2013, 12:05 PM
res
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danny Gunz View Post
Theres good music and bad music out there, the problem is with all the avenues to show the music the bad ones are going to outweigh the good, as it should.
The bad music is dominant on most of the main avenues. What the additional avenues do is make the picture look not as bleak as it could look, because now you can easily find the kind of underground music that would have been far more difficult to find 20 years ago or more. Back then you would have to look for that kind of music in local clubs.