So Golovkin is the guy who is suppose to beat everyone at 160? - Page 13 - Boxing Forum
Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-21-2013, 03:48 AM #121
BafanaBafana BafanaBafana is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,663
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 12
BafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 66,137.02
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 66,137.02
THIS so you can pretend SM is giving to you - HaglerSteelChin So long and thanks for all the fish! - BafanaBafana Goodposts - Jloro 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroBando View Post
I guess most people were wrong and Ring was right. That's why removing guys for bad inactivity is a good idea. It's not like he had great wins on his resume anyway, but he only managed a tko over that pure clubfighter on shobox in 2.5 years before the Sergio fight.

I agree Macklin and Barker probably beat anyone on GG's resume, but it's no given. Macklin looked like sh1t vs that Varon guy (his top 3 win!), Ajetovic, Campas, out cold vs Moore. Barker looked like sh1t the only 2 times he stepped up to EBU level before his title shot. They would both be fine opponents for GG (if they want it, questionable), but not comp worthy of a top 3 p4per.
Why do you keep bringing up an old fight from 2006 when Macklin fought at 154 and only had 18 fights on his resume.
Jamie Moore was actually a step up for the young 24 year old Macklin at the time, but you keep bringing it up as if it proves Macklin is a bum.
The guy only had four years as a pro at the time and it was a brutal fight that could have gone either way (via brutal KO).
Not sure why you hate thee guy he's a very entertaining fighter.

Last edited by BafanaBafana; 01-21-2013 at 03:51 AM.
BafanaBafana is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-21-2013, 04:03 AM #122
HeroBando HeroBando is online now
I love Mayweather
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 16,762
Quoted: 3850 Post(s)
Rep Power: 42
HeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 100,354,468.14
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,354,468.14
Good poster, keep slaying retards. - I'm so sorry keep spitting facts to these haters - hectari For fighting the good fight against the GGG haters. - Barcham 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BafanaBafana View Post
Why do you keep bringing up an old fight from 2006 when Macklin fought at 154 and only had 18 fights on his resume.
Jamie Moore was actually a step up for the young 24 year old Macklin at the time, but you keep bringing it up as if it proves Macklin is a bum.
The guy only had four years as a pro at the time and it was a brutal fight that could have gone either way (via brutal KO).
Not sure why you hate thee guy he's a very entertaining fighter.
We're talking resumes, and how much these guys add to Sergio's p4p standing. Before Sturm Macklin's claim to fame was Moore. It was a bada$$ fight that got some play outside of the UK, unlike Mack's other fights. So if you'd seen one Mack fight, that was probably it.

Both Macklin and Barker are better than I made them sound, but I didn't lie about anything. Neither carries many p4p points, and Barker in particular was underqualified.
HeroBando is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:04 AM #123
BafanaBafana BafanaBafana is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,663
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 12
BafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 66,137.02
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 66,137.02
THIS so you can pretend SM is giving to you - HaglerSteelChin So long and thanks for all the fish! - BafanaBafana Goodposts - Jloro 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroBando View Post
I guess most people were wrong and Ring was right. That's why removing guys for bad inactivity is a good idea. It's not like he had great wins on his resume anyway, but he only managed a tko over that pure clubfighter on shobox in 2.5 years before the Sergio fight.

I agree Macklin and Barker probably beat anyone on GG's resume, but it's no given. Macklin looked like sh1t vs that Varon guy (his top 3 win!), Ajetovic, Campas, out cold vs Moore. Barker looked like sh1t the only 2 times he stepped up to EBU level before his title shot. They would both be fine opponents for GG (if they want it, questionable), but not comp worthy of a top 3 p4per.
About Dzinziruk, he actually fought 'Daniel Dawson' (34-1) 10 months before the Martinez fight so it's not like he came out of retirement to fight Martinez.
Dzinziruk had wins over: Joel Julio 34-1 (31KOs), Daniel Santos 29-2-1 (coming off a Margarito win), and Lukas Konecny 36-2; all of these were good wins at the time Dzinziruk fought them, if you don't know this then you probably weren't following the JMW division at the time.

Barker is a good middleweight contender if you don't like him, you're entitled to your opinion.
BafanaBafana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:06 AM #124
BafanaBafana BafanaBafana is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,663
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 12
BafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 66,137.02
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 66,137.02
THIS so you can pretend SM is giving to you - HaglerSteelChin So long and thanks for all the fish! - BafanaBafana Goodposts - Jloro 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroBando View Post
We're talking resumes, and how much these guys add to Sergio's p4p standing. Before Sturm Macklin's claim to fame was Moore. It was a bada$$ fight that got some play outside of the UK, unlike Mack's other fights. So if you'd seen one Mack fight, that was probably it.

Both Macklin and Barker are better than I made them sound, but I didn't lie about anything. Neither carries many p4p points, and Barker in particular was underqualified.
I don't care about the context in which Martinez fought them, I'm talking about their current status as legitimate middleweight contenders.
BafanaBafana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:14 AM #125
HeroBando HeroBando is online now
I love Mayweather
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 16,762
Quoted: 3850 Post(s)
Rep Power: 42
HeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 100,354,468.14
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,354,468.14
Good poster, keep slaying retards. - I'm so sorry keep spitting facts to these haters - hectari For fighting the good fight against the GGG haters. - Barcham 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BafanaBafana View Post
About Dzinziruk, he actually fought 'Daniel Dawson' (34-1) 10 months before the Martinez fight so it's not like he came out of retirement to fight Martinez.
Dzinziruk had wins over: Joel Julio 34-1 (31KOs), Daniel Santos 29-2-1 (coming off a Margarito win), and Lukas Konecny 36-2; all of these were good wins at the time Dzinziruk fought them, if you don't know this then you probably weren't following the JMW division at the time.

Barker is a good middleweight contender if you don't like him, you're entitled to your opinion.
Yeah, that guy was his only opponent in 2.5 years. He was pretty terrible, Trout beat a similar type clubfighter on shobox. Those Dz wins are pretty good, nothing special, nor was the manner of win.
HeroBando is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:15 AM #126
HeroBando HeroBando is online now
I love Mayweather
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 16,762
Quoted: 3850 Post(s)
Rep Power: 42
HeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 100,354,468.14
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,354,468.14
Good poster, keep slaying retards. - I'm so sorry keep spitting facts to these haters - hectari For fighting the good fight against the GGG haters. - Barcham 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BafanaBafana View Post
I don't care about the context in which Martinez fought them, I'm talking about their current status as legitimate middleweight contenders.
Fair enough. Macklin is legit top 10, Barker not yet but has the ability.
HeroBando is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:24 AM #127
BafanaBafana BafanaBafana is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 1,663
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 12
BafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond reputeBafanaBafana has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 66,137.02
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 66,137.02
THIS so you can pretend SM is giving to you - HaglerSteelChin So long and thanks for all the fish! - BafanaBafana Goodposts - Jloro 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroBando View Post
Yeah, that guy was his only opponent in 2.5 years. He was pretty terrible, Trout beat a similar type clubfighter on shobox. Those Dz wins are pretty good, nothing special, nor was the manner of win.
He fought twice in 2008 against a fresh Joel Julio (coming off a Bundrage KO) and Lukas Konecny, he took a break in 2009 and then stopped a (34-1) 'Daniel Dawson' who had never been stopped before or since before stepping up to Martinez in early 2010. You make it sound like Dzinziruk came out of retirement for the Martinez fight. The truth is he was a well schooled fighter who came to fight and was brutally beat simply because Martinez was that good and not because he was a 'bum'.
BafanaBafana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:35 AM #128
Spiegelo Spiegelo is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Bedstuy, NY
Age: 30
Posts: 2,037
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Rep Power: 13
Spiegelo has a reputation beyond reputeSpiegelo has a reputation beyond reputeSpiegelo has a reputation beyond reputeSpiegelo has a reputation beyond reputeSpiegelo has a reputation beyond reputeSpiegelo has a reputation beyond reputeSpiegelo has a reputation beyond reputeSpiegelo has a reputation beyond reputeSpiegelo has a reputation beyond reputeSpiegelo has a reputation beyond reputeSpiegelo has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 19,255.01
Bank: 1,489,579,472,808.67
Total Points: 1,489,579,492,063.68
james &amp;quot;mr. popo&amp;quot; toney!!!!! - Left Hook Tua 
Default

Did anybody actually watch the fight? Rosada fought his heart out, and showed some of the prettiest footwork I've seen in a long time. For anyone who's actually been in a fight, it's not easy chasing a guy who is doing everything in his power to keep you off balance, and still control distance well enough to land the harder, cleaner punches without repeatedly walking into traps/counters. GGG showed he can pressure you all night, walk through whatever you throw at him, and remain patient enough to consistently land hard punches until you break down. He showed no sign of slowing down, and never lost his cool. I thought it was an excellent performance on both parts; very entertaining fight.

And as for the hypothetical Quillen/GGG fight, I'd pick GGG by stoppage.
Spiegelo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 04:36 AM #129
Bigg Rigg Bigg Rigg is offline
The People's Champion
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 10,938
Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Rep Power: 27
Bigg Rigg has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Rigg has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Rigg has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Rigg has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Rigg has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Rigg has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Rigg has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Rigg has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Rigg has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Rigg has a reputation beyond reputeBigg Rigg has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 1,087,800,120,034.56
Bank: 44,064,896.91
Total Points: 1,087,844,184,931.47
you need more gifts, have a beer - sugarsmosley No Message - Bigg Rigg No Message - Bigg Rigg No Message - Bigg Rigg No Message - Bigg Rigg 
No Message - Bigg Rigg No Message - Bigg Rigg No Message - Bigg Rigg No Message - Bigg Rigg No Message - Bigg Rigg 
You have smelly farts - Pigeons I'm sorry, But I have to do this. War B-Hop. Bernard Hopkins is like Wine, He gets better with Age. - BrushMyHair No Message - KOVALBOXER 
Default

GGG vs Maravilla is what I would like to see after Sergio fights Murray.
Bigg Rigg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 08:31 AM #130
Sangre Azteca Sangre Azteca is offline
Contender
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 103
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 6
Sangre Azteca is on a distinguished road
Points: 5,910.33
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,910.33
Default

The fight Saturday night did a lot more for Rosado than for GGG but Genady shows a lot of promise and he is a likable guy, I would over go see him fight Chavez JR. and the winner gets Martinez.
Sangre Azteca is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
160?, beat, golovkin, suppose

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:28 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.