Did Floyd "retire" in 2007 because he was shook by the 147 division heating up? - Page 24 - Boxing Forum
Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

View Poll Results: Did Floyd "retire" in 2007 to avoid the top welterweights?
Yes, he was afraid of losing to them 345 86.47%
No, he just wanted a hiatus to spend more time with Ellerbe, like he said on TV 54 13.53%
Voters: 399. You may not vote on this poll

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-19-2013, 06:02 PM #231
HeroBando HeroBando is online now
I love Mayweather
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 16,756
Quoted: 3843 Post(s)
Rep Power: 42
HeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 100,354,353.76
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,354,353.76
Good poster, keep slaying retards. - I'm so sorry keep spitting facts to these haters - hectari For fighting the good fight against the GGG haters. - Barcham 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by josenoway View Post
The phuck are you going on about? What part of weight loss supplement do you not understand? The article says NOTHING about PEDs.

Your reading comprehension = fail.
The thing is Marg made a career out of draining himself to the max, while retaining chin and stamina. What was new in the Pac fight, other than the extra 3lbs he didn't have to sweat out?
HeroBando is online now   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-19-2013, 06:06 PM #232
ADP02 ADP02 is offline
Pac is a drug cheat
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 11,360
Quoted: 1982 Post(s)
Rep Power: 40
ADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 11,000,330,273.85
Bank: 276,373,814,742,989.12
Total Points: 276,384,815,073,262.97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by josenoway View Post
The phuck are you going on about? What part of weight loss supplement do you not understand? The article says NOTHING about PEDs.

Your reading comprehension = fail.
Roach was worried that Margarito was taking PEDs and what was found was some a substance to either enhance or make whatever he had undetectable (ie. masking substance) and that "weight loss supplements" to lose weight was just a cover up.

The controversy was not about "Margarito being weight drained". If that is what you thought then I can't help with your comprehension. But to be fair, the way you posted, I think you just were not knowledgeable about what that article was about and what happened just before the fight between Manny vs Margarito.

EDIT: Just reread the article and it does state that they wanted "he be tested before the fight for possible banned substances"

Last edited by ADP02; 01-19-2013 at 06:25 PM.
ADP02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:38 PM #233
josenoway josenoway is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2005
Age: 46
Posts: 2,198
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 16
josenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 2,100,030,647.12
Bank: 2,657,666.83
Total Points: 2,102,688,313.95
Default

LMAO, now you're just making sh1t up.

Roach was worried about Tony taking PEDs? Bwahahaha.

The only thing Freddie brought up was suspicion that Tony had plaster in his wraps for previous fights with Cotto, etc.

LMAO, you're pathetic.


Quote:
Originally Posted by ADP02 View Post
Roach was worried that Margarito was taking PEDs and what was found was some a substance to either enhance or make whatever he had undetectable (ie. masking substance) and that "weight loss supplements" to lose weight was just a cover up.

The controversy was not about "Margarito being weight drained". If that is what you thought then I can't help with your comprehension. But to be fair, the way you posted, I think you just were not knowledgeable about what that article was about and what happened just before the fight between Manny vs Margarito.

EDIT: Just reread the article and it does state that they wanted "he be tested before the fight for possible banned substances"
josenoway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:42 PM #234
josenoway josenoway is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2005
Age: 46
Posts: 2,198
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 16
josenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 2,100,030,647.12
Bank: 2,657,666.83
Total Points: 2,102,688,313.95
Default

The fact that he'd been out of the ring for a year?

The fact that he hadn't made the 147 limit for nearly 2 years?

The fact that he fought at 154 his tune-up against a journeyman Garcia and looked like sh1t?

The fact that he had Hydroxycut with him before the Pac fight? What, you think he comfortably made 150 and the Hydroxycut was just there for headaches?

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroBando View Post
The thing is Marg made a career out of draining himself to the max, while retaining chin and stamina. What was new in the Pac fight, other than the extra 3lbs he didn't have to sweat out?
josenoway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 06:47 PM #235
HeroBando HeroBando is online now
I love Mayweather
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 16,756
Quoted: 3843 Post(s)
Rep Power: 42
HeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 100,354,353.76
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,354,353.76
Good poster, keep slaying retards. - I'm so sorry keep spitting facts to these haters - hectari For fighting the good fight against the GGG haters. - Barcham 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by josenoway View Post
The fact that he'd been out of the ring for a year?

The fact that he hadn't made the 147 limit for nearly 2 years?

The fact that he fought at 154 his tune-up against a journeyman Garcia and looked like sh1t?

The fact that he had Hydroxycut with him before the Pac fight? What, you think he comfortably made 150 and the Hydroxycut was just there for headaches?
How did he perform in the ring, like a drained fighter? No stamina, no punch resistance, no workrate, what?
HeroBando is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:00 PM #236
The Gambler1981 The Gambler1981 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Detroit
Age: 35
Posts: 24,475
Quoted: 563 Post(s)
Rep Power: 67
The Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,600,199,502.79
Bank: 7,718,844,993,893,187.00
Total Points: 7,718,855,594,092,690.00
respect. - mellow_mood you deserve a metal for defending the woman beater, lol, nyahahaha - Tha_Greatest always a good poster. have a beer. - jreckoning \m/ - Kenny MF Powers thanks brother - mrpain81 
great easy logical advice you gave for others on the thunderdome for trolls like me, lol, everything you stated i have stated to many people but few people would take mind of what you wrote, lol, excellent post, plain  logic to keep your composure fo - Tha_Greatest No Message - mathed thatll be 5$ - sugarsmosley 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggum View Post
can someone explain why spinks judah and baldomir were such great fighters? spinks lost to antonio diaz who margarito beat to a pulp. these guys weren't even above the competition margarito was fighting yet some people are pretending like they were great. so sad. the lineage was watered down so badly that a bum like baldomir eventually had it. AND THAT'S WHEN MAYWEATHER STRIKES!
So a lose for a green Spinks counts~

But Margarito's loses when he was green like to Rodney Jones don't count in your eyes, as you told me.


IF we are going to use Diaz~ Mosley beat him worse than Margarito and before Margarito did it~ and nobody rates that win for Mosley as something special.
The Gambler1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:14 PM #237
josenoway josenoway is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2005
Age: 46
Posts: 2,198
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 16
josenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 2,100,030,647.12
Bank: 2,657,666.83
Total Points: 2,102,688,313.95
Default

LMAO at you going off on tangents. You gonna keep asking different questions when you don't like the answers to your previous questions? You don't want to address the fact that he'd been suspended for a year, hadn't made 147 for nearly 2 years, looked like utter sh1t against Garcia at 154, then got caught with Hydroxycut while trying to make the 150 CW? You think all that was just 'business as usual'? Nothing different right? LMAO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeroBando View Post
How did he perform in the ring, like a drained fighter? No stamina, no punch resistance, no workrate, what?
josenoway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:26 PM #238
HeroBando HeroBando is online now
I love Mayweather
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 16,756
Quoted: 3843 Post(s)
Rep Power: 42
HeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond reputeHeroBando has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 100,354,353.76
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 100,354,353.76
Good poster, keep slaying retards. - I'm so sorry keep spitting facts to these haters - hectari For fighting the good fight against the GGG haters. - Barcham 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by josenoway View Post
LMAO at you going off on tangents. You gonna keep asking different questions when you don't like the answers to your previous questions? You don't want to address the fact that he'd been suspended for a year, hadn't made 147 for nearly 2 years, looked like utter sh1t against Garcia at 154, then got caught with Hydroxycut while trying to make the 150 CW? You think all that was just 'business as usual'? Nothing different right? LMAO.
When you're talking about fighters being drained, the in ring performance is not a tangent, it's about the most important thing. I wouldn't doubt Marg took diuretics while he was at welter.
HeroBando is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 07:40 PM #239
ADP02 ADP02 is offline
Pac is a drug cheat
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Posts: 11,360
Quoted: 1982 Post(s)
Rep Power: 40
ADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond reputeADP02 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 11,000,330,273.85
Bank: 276,373,814,742,989.12
Total Points: 276,384,815,073,262.97
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by josenoway View Post
LMAO, now you're just making sh1t up.

Roach was worried about Tony taking PEDs? Bwahahaha.

The only thing Freddie brought up was suspicion that Tony had plaster in his wraps for previous fights with Cotto, etc.

LMAO, you're pathetic.
Man, you really didn't know? Prior to the fight, they found a substance in Margarito's room. That is what the controversy was about that was mentioned in that article.

What do you think it was about if not about that? Reread that article you posted. It's even stated there.

You didn't see that fight live I'm presuming so you didn't see any of that .... you just saw the replay of the fight.
ADP02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:15 PM #240
josenoway josenoway is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: May 2005
Age: 46
Posts: 2,198
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Rep Power: 16
josenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond reputejosenoway has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 2,100,030,647.12
Bank: 2,657,666.83
Total Points: 2,102,688,313.95
Default

You moron, that 'substance' was Hydroxycut. Nappiao's camp never raised any issue about PEDs. WTF are you even talking about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ADP02 View Post
Man, you really didn't know? Prior to the fight, they found a substance in Margarito's room. That is what the controversy was about that was mentioned in that article.

What do you think it was about if not about that? Reread that article you posted. It's even stated there.

You didn't see that fight live I'm presuming so you didn't see any of that .... you just saw the replay of the fight.
josenoway is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
"retire", 2007, division, floyd, heating, shook

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:39 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.