Lennox Lewis was going to retire after Tyson - Page 11 - Boxing Forum
Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2013, 07:39 AM #101
P4P_No1 P4P_No1 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,172
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Rep Power: 15
P4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,000,479,477.64
Bank: 3,563,452,200.87
Total Points: 13,563,931,678.51
merry christmas - the collector 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone88 View Post
I'm not arguing that Vitali has the better wins. Out of that list you put only Holyfield is comparable to Vitali. I've seen sensible boxing fans think Vitali is at the same level of Lewis.

When I talk about levels, it means a fighter can have a competitive match with the other fighter.
Based on what though?

You're not answering that lol.

What are you basing Holyfield being on the only one that list as being comparable to Vitali?

What are you basing it on that a prime Vitali is at the same level as a prime Lewis?
P4P_No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-16-2013, 07:40 AM #102
Someone88 Someone88 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,589
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Rep Power: 13
Someone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,064,139.65
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,064,139.65
you're an excellent poster - Freedom. Cheers from a fellow Klitschko supporter - Weltschmerz War Canelo - Red Cyclone 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Own3d View Post
Why exclude Vitali? A past prime Lewis beat a prime Vitali, it's pretty obvious that a prime Lewis would have beat him.
I excluded Vitali because we're talking about what wins Lewis had other than Vitali that were comparable.

It's not obvious, his win over Vitali was far from domination.
Someone88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:41 AM #103
Someone88 Someone88 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,589
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Rep Power: 13
Someone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,064,139.65
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,064,139.65
you're an excellent poster - Freedom. Cheers from a fellow Klitschko supporter - Weltschmerz War Canelo - Red Cyclone 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4P_No1 View Post
Based on what though?

You're not answering that lol.

What are you basing Holyfield being on the only one that list as being comparable to Vitali?

What are you basing it on that a prime Vitali is at the same level as a prime Lewis?
Based on how he did against Lewis and also how he dominated his other opponents.

Lewis as proud as he is would probably give more credit to Vitali than a lot of you guys.
Someone88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:50 AM #104
P4P_No1 P4P_No1 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,172
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Rep Power: 15
P4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,000,479,477.64
Bank: 3,563,452,200.87
Total Points: 13,563,931,678.51
merry christmas - the collector 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone88 View Post
Based on how he did against Lewis and also how he dominated his other opponents.

Lewis as proud as he is would probably give more credit to Vitali than a lot of you guys.
So based on how he did against a faded, unfit and unfocussed Lewis? There's no logic in that.

Then you say based on dominating his other opponents who nowhere near the class of Lewis yet when I brought up opponents who I felt were better than anything on Vitali's resume and would have given him tougher fights than they did Lewis, they are knocked back. LOL.

Am I the only one who finds it hypocritial here?

Lewis has already made his feelings clear on the Vitali bout which I already pasted here.
P4P_No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:53 AM #105
Someone88 Someone88 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,589
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Rep Power: 13
Someone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,064,139.65
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,064,139.65
you're an excellent poster - Freedom. Cheers from a fellow Klitschko supporter - Weltschmerz War Canelo - Red Cyclone 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4P_No1 View Post
So based on how he did against a faded, unfit and unfocussed Lewis? There's no logic in that.

Then you say based on dominating his other opponents who nowhere near the class of Lewis yet when I brought up opponents who I felt were better than anything on Vitali's resume and would have given him tougher fights than they did Lewis, they are knocked back. LOL.

Am I the only one who finds it hypocritial here?

Lewis has already made his feelings clear on the Vitali bout which I already pasted here.
Nah you're twisting my argument, if I had said Vitali was clearly better than Lewis then your point would make more sense. All I'm saying is Vitali had a competitive match with Lewis and he dominated his other opponents.

It goes both ways, Lewis and Vitali dominated many fighters and based off of those wins I think they are about the same level.

I've seen more quotes from Lewis and he gives a lot more credit to Vitali than many people here do.
Someone88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:56 AM #106
Michael Paine Michael Paine is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 7,634
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Rep Power: 33
Michael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 195,426.82
Bank: 389,482,418,360.95
Total Points: 389,482,613,787.77
ownage of a pactard - I'm so sorry Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks you deserve a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Happy belated 1 year Anniversary. - E.P.T. Hahahaha, funny reply my ninja, here's another cake for your upcoming 2 year anniversary. - E.P.T. 
happy holidays, great poster - sugarsmosley 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone88 View Post
Nah you're twisting my argument, if I had said Vitali was clearly better than Lewis then your point would make more sense. All I'm saying is Vitali had a competitive match with Lewis and he dominated his other opponents.

It goes both ways, Lewis and Vitali dominated many fighters and based off of those wins I think they are about the same level.

I've seen more quotes from Lewis and he gives a lot more credit to Vitali than many people here do.
So a Vitali that lost to a past prime Lewis is on the same level as prime Lewis. Makes perfect sense that.....................
Michael Paine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 07:57 AM #107
P4P_No1 P4P_No1 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,172
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Rep Power: 15
P4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,000,479,477.64
Bank: 3,563,452,200.87
Total Points: 13,563,931,678.51
merry christmas - the collector 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone88 View Post
Nah you're twisting my argument, if I had said Vitali was clearly better than Lewis then your point would make more sense. All I'm saying is Vitali had a competitive match with Lewis and he dominated his other opponents.

It goes both ways, Lewis and Vitali dominated many fighters and based off of those wins I think they are about the same level.

I've seen more quotes from Lewis and he gives a lot more credit to Vitali than many people here do.
I'm not twisting your argument mate.

You said you believe because of how Vitali "dominated" his opponents (like Sanders, Williams, Arreloa, etc) and because of how he performed against a faded, unfit and unfocussed Lewis; he would have been competitive against a prime Lewis.

The level of Lewis opponents compared to Vitali's was much higher too. Beating people like McCall, Rahman, Golota, Tyson, Bruno & Holyfield ****s on anything that Vitali has done.

That just doesn't make sense.
P4P_No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:04 AM #108
Someone88 Someone88 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,589
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Rep Power: 13
Someone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,064,139.65
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,064,139.65
you're an excellent poster - Freedom. Cheers from a fellow Klitschko supporter - Weltschmerz War Canelo - Red Cyclone 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4P_No1 View Post
I'm not twisting your argument mate.

You said you believe because of how Vitali "dominated" his opponents (like Sanders, Williams, Arreloa, etc) and because of how he performed against a faded, unfit and unfocussed Lewis; he would have been competitive against a prime Lewis.

The level of Lewis opponents compared to Vitali's was much higher too. Beating people like McCall, Rahman, Golota, Tyson, Bruno & Holyfield ****s on anything that Vitali has done.

That just doesn't make sense.
Lewis has the better wins, I wasn't arguing against that. Ok so what do you think would have happened if they fought in their primes?
Someone88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:07 AM #109
P4P_No1 P4P_No1 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,172
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Rep Power: 15
P4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,000,479,477.64
Bank: 3,563,452,200.87
Total Points: 13,563,931,678.51
merry christmas - the collector 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone88 View Post
Lewis has the better wins, I wasn't arguing against that. Ok so what do you think would have happened if they fought in their primes?
That Lewis would win. I've already stated that.

Yes but you're arguing that based off Vitali's wins and Lewis' wins that they would be in a competitive fight?

That makes no sense since the level of fighters isn't comparable.
P4P_No1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:13 AM #110
Someone88 Someone88 is offline
Undisputed Champion
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 2,589
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Rep Power: 13
Someone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond repute
Points: 10,064,139.65
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,064,139.65
you're an excellent poster - Freedom. Cheers from a fellow Klitschko supporter - Weltschmerz War Canelo - Red Cyclone 
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4P_No1 View Post
That Lewis would win. I've already stated that.

Yes but you're arguing that based off Vitali's wins and Lewis' wins that they would be in a competitive fight?

That makes no sense since the level of fighters isn't comparable.
I know you think Lewis would win, but how and in what round? I explained why I think it would have been competitive also I get why you don't agree with me, you think Vitali hasn't shown enough. It's your opinion, Vitali did what he could but a lot of his opponents were levels below him.
Someone88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share This With Friends

Tags
lennox, lewis, retire, tyson

User Tag List

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump

 

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:03 AM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.