Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 01-16-2013, 07:39 AM
P4P_No1
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 P4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 100,888,117.97
Total Points: 10,101,360,640.34
merry christmas - the collector 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone88 View Post
I'm not arguing that Vitali has the better wins. Out of that list you put only Holyfield is comparable to Vitali. I've seen sensible boxing fans think Vitali is at the same level of Lewis.

When I talk about levels, it means a fighter can have a competitive match with the other fighter.
Based on what though?

You're not answering that lol.

What are you basing Holyfield being on the only one that list as being comparable to Vitali?

What are you basing it on that a prime Vitali is at the same level as a prime Lewis?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-16-2013, 07:40 AM
Someone88
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Someone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,052,804.02
you're an excellent poster - Freedom. Cheers from a fellow Klitschko supporter - Weltschmerz War Canelo - Red Cyclone 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Own3d View Post
Why exclude Vitali? A past prime Lewis beat a prime Vitali, it's pretty obvious that a prime Lewis would have beat him.
I excluded Vitali because we're talking about what wins Lewis had other than Vitali that were comparable.

It's not obvious, his win over Vitali was far from domination.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:41 AM
Someone88
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Someone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond repute
you're an excellent poster - Freedom. Cheers from a fellow Klitschko supporter - Weltschmerz War Canelo - Red Cyclone 

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4P_No1 View Post
Based on what though?

You're not answering that lol.

What are you basing Holyfield being on the only one that list as being comparable to Vitali?

What are you basing it on that a prime Vitali is at the same level as a prime Lewis?
Based on how he did against Lewis and also how he dominated his other opponents.

Lewis as proud as he is would probably give more credit to Vitali than a lot of you guys.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:50 AM
P4P_No1
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 P4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Based on how he did against Lewis and also how he dominated his other opponents.

Lewis as proud as he is would probably give more credit to Vitali than a lot of you guys.
So based on how he did against a faded, unfit and unfocussed Lewis? There's no logic in that.

Then you say based on dominating his other opponents who nowhere near the class of Lewis yet when I brought up opponents who I felt were better than anything on Vitali's resume and would have given him tougher fights than they did Lewis, they are knocked back. LOL.

Am I the only one who finds it hypocritial here?

Lewis has already made his feelings clear on the Vitali bout which I already pasted here.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:53 AM
Someone88
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
So based on how he did against a faded, unfit and unfocussed Lewis? There's no logic in that.

Then you say based on dominating his other opponents who nowhere near the class of Lewis yet when I brought up opponents who I felt were better than anything on Vitali's resume and would have given him tougher fights than they did Lewis, they are knocked back. LOL.

Am I the only one who finds it hypocritial here?

Lewis has already made his feelings clear on the Vitali bout which I already pasted here.
Nah you're twisting my argument, if I had said Vitali was clearly better than Lewis then your point would make more sense. All I'm saying is Vitali had a competitive match with Lewis and he dominated his other opponents.

It goes both ways, Lewis and Vitali dominated many fighters and based off of those wins I think they are about the same level.

I've seen more quotes from Lewis and he gives a lot more credit to Vitali than many people here do.
Old 01-16-2013, 07:56 AM
Michael Paine
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 31 Michael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 389,482,418,360.95
Total Points: 389,482,593,020.77
ownage of a pactard - I'm so sorry Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks you deserve a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Happy belated 1 year Anniversary. - E.P.T. Hahahaha, funny reply my ninja, here's another cake for your upcoming 2 year anniversary. - E.P.T. 
happy holidays, great poster - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Nah you're twisting my argument, if I had said Vitali was clearly better than Lewis then your point would make more sense. All I'm saying is Vitali had a competitive match with Lewis and he dominated his other opponents.

It goes both ways, Lewis and Vitali dominated many fighters and based off of those wins I think they are about the same level.

I've seen more quotes from Lewis and he gives a lot more credit to Vitali than many people here do.
So a Vitali that lost to a past prime Lewis is on the same level as prime Lewis. Makes perfect sense that.....................
Old 01-16-2013, 07:57 AM
P4P_No1
Undisputed Champion

Quote:

I'm not twisting your argument mate.

You said you believe because of how Vitali "dominated" his opponents (like Sanders, Williams, Arreloa, etc) and because of how he performed against a faded, unfit and unfocussed Lewis; he would have been competitive against a prime Lewis.

The level of Lewis opponents compared to Vitali's was much higher too. Beating people like McCall, Rahman, Golota, Tyson, Bruno & Holyfield ****s on anything that Vitali has done.

That just doesn't make sense.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:04 AM
Someone88
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
I'm not twisting your argument mate.

You said you believe because of how Vitali "dominated" his opponents (like Sanders, Williams, Arreloa, etc) and because of how he performed against a faded, unfit and unfocussed Lewis; he would have been competitive against a prime Lewis.

The level of Lewis opponents compared to Vitali's was much higher too. Beating people like McCall, Rahman, Golota, Tyson, Bruno & Holyfield ****s on anything that Vitali has done.

That just doesn't make sense.
Lewis has the better wins, I wasn't arguing against that. Ok so what do you think would have happened if they fought in their primes?
Old 01-16-2013, 08:07 AM
P4P_No1
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Lewis has the better wins, I wasn't arguing against that. Ok so what do you think would have happened if they fought in their primes?
That Lewis would win. I've already stated that.

Yes but you're arguing that based off Vitali's wins and Lewis' wins that they would be in a competitive fight?

That makes no sense since the level of fighters isn't comparable.
Old 01-16-2013, 08:13 AM
Someone88
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
That Lewis would win. I've already stated that.

Yes but you're arguing that based off Vitali's wins and Lewis' wins that they would be in a competitive fight?

That makes no sense since the level of fighters isn't comparable.
I know you think Lewis would win, but how and in what round? I explained why I think it would have been competitive also I get why you don't agree with me, you think Vitali hasn't shown enough. It's your opinion, Vitali did what he could but a lot of his opponents were levels below him.