Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 01-16-2013, 06:13 AM
Someone88
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Someone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,051,991.26
you're an excellent poster - Freedom. Cheers from a fellow Klitschko supporter - Weltschmerz War Canelo - Red Cyclone 

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamFighter View Post
no - vitali had been a WBO champ. granted the WBO title at that time was a kind of IBO minor title that noone wanted, and that he had lost it pretty soon after fighting his first decent opponent, and that he then ran away from boxing scared ****less, he still had reached a peak in his career. He never got any higher than being a single title champ.

so was Vitali dominant or was it that he merely 'had been' dominating now?

Make it clear what you mean. The former means he really won, the second that he had a good start but got wasted later in the fight (which is what happens when your eye gets torn to peices for a tko).
Lewis wasn't so fresh at the end of the fight himself, I'm not arguing that he didn't deserve to win but I'm arguing that it was a very competitive fight with Vitali being ahead at the time of the stoppage which was due to cuts.

How many fights do you know of that ended like that? I don't mean just stopped due to cuts but in a similar fight that Lewis and Vitali had.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-16-2013, 06:13 AM
DreamFighter
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 DreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 50,022,327.80
Don't act so butthurt, princess - Weltschmerz kick this nasty little alt - Freedom. Spent way too much time on this one. Apart from hating on Klitschkos, no nothing about boxing. - Simurgh *knows :) - Simurgh alt - thuggery 
kick this little faqqot - Burzum kick this little faqqot - Burzum 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Someone88 View Post
I don't know if Vitali was in his prime against Briggs, I didn't say that. I doubt Vitali would have lost to McCall or Rahman. So if we wanna compare their fights I can do that.

Vitali after his return hadn't lost a round or many rounds until he fought Chisora, even if the opponents aren't that good it shows how dominant he is.

What I'm doing is comparing them at their best and I think at their best they around the same level.
prime Rahman and McCall would crush Vitali, thats why Vitali ran from postprime Rahman.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:15 AM
Someone88
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 8 Someone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond reputeSomeone88 has a reputation beyond repute
you're an excellent poster - Freedom. Cheers from a fellow Klitschko supporter - Weltschmerz War Canelo - Red Cyclone 

Quote:
Given that Vitali had every edge but failed, I doubt it would be different. But if you cant beat a 38 year old next to retirement guy when you are prime then you clearly arent worth handing the torch to.

Wlad is the closest thing it comes to a succesor to Lewis, but hes not half the man Lennox was.
I don't agree with what you said but yeh Vitali didn't beat Lewis that's what happened.

Wladimir isn't half the man that Lewis is? I'm not sure what you meant by that they are just as manly as each other.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:17 AM
Someone88
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
prime Rahman and McCall would crush Vitali, thats why Vitali ran from postprime Rahman.
I don't see how you could be so sure of that. Your other arguments made more sense than this.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:21 AM
P4P_No1
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 P4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 69,252,707.47
Total Points: 10,069,724,498.51
merry christmas - the collector 

Quote:
I don't know if Vitali was in his prime against Briggs, I didn't say that. I doubt Vitali would have lost to McCall or Rahman. So if we wanna compare their fights I can do that.

Vitali after his return hadn't lost a round or many rounds until he fought Chisora, even if the opponents aren't that good it shows how dominant he is.

What I'm doing is comparing them at their best and I think at their best they around the same level.
Again not answering the question.

Who has Vitali beaten to make you think he's on the same level as Lewis?

Danny Williams? Samuel Peters? Chris Arreola?
Old 01-16-2013, 06:23 AM
Earl Hickey
Boooooomb Squad

Rep Power: 106 Earl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond reputeEarl Hickey has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 331,779,835,227,580.19
Total Points: 332,279,835,860,431.62
have fun with this - Sir TomJones Apple - iBreakbeat You'll need these - Rip Chudd Congrats man! - Rip Chudd Stay safe - rorymac 
Making us BS members proud - Versastyle Happy early Bday and congrats on 10k love :kiss: - Bossy blue parallelogram for your birthday - Jack Napier Happy Birthday darling! I hope you have a wonderful day xxx - Bossy I swear you make my day with every single post. - Alx. 
LOL, that cracked me up. Here's a cold one on me. - BulgariasFinest Excellent poster. I chuckle every time you post that gif of RJJ getting KTFO. - I'm so sorry Here's one on me - led* 14k posts - ShaunRoberts Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 
happy 15,000 - JonoYoungP4P Boxing scenes number one idiot - ROSS CALIFORNIA #FREE EARL HICKEY #JusticeForEarl - thuggery with a bit of luck it's not severe! - HUGH JASS Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - mangler Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - mangler Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - mangler Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Gift Giver AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - Ether 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - iBreakbeat 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - MANIAC310 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Shiranui Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear Graves Disease - Lymphedema - Men's Health - Pro Choice - Prostate Cancer - Scleroderma - Thyroid Disease - Trisomy 18 - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - thuggery 

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4P_No1 View Post

All three of those are 3 round jobs at most for prime lewis.

Danny Williams is probably a 1 round job, with the greatest respect.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:25 AM
Someone88
Undisputed Champion

Quote:

Include Sanders as well. But none of Vitali's opponents are at the level of Lewis, I'm not saying that but it's how he beat them. I ask you the same thing, who has Lewis beat other than Holyfield that is at Vitali's level? We're excluding Vitali because you're talking about a prime Lewis.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:28 AM
P4P_No1
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 13 P4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 69,252,707.47
Total Points: 10,069,724,498.51
merry christmas - the collector 

Quote:
Include Sanders as well. But none of Vitali's opponents are at the level of Lewis, I'm not saying that but it's how he beat them. I ask you the same thing, who has Lewis beat other than Holyfield that is at Vitali's level? We're excluding Vitali because you're talking about a prime Lewis.
How he beat them?

Golota, Grant, Rahman, McCall, Holyfield.

Christ even Bruno and a faded ass Tyson is better than anything on Vitali's win list lol and probably would have caused him trouble.

There's no win or opponent on Vitali's resume in my honest opinion that makes me (or the majority of the sensible boxing world) think that he's on Lewis' level.

I'm struggling to understand what makes you think that Vitali in his prime and Lewis in his prime were on similar levels? Could you explain that? What performances makes you think that? What win makes you think that?

At least answer that.

Last edited by P4P_No1; 01-16-2013 at 06:35 AM.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:31 AM
Michael Paine
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 31 Michael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond reputeMichael Paine has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 389,482,418,360.95
Total Points: 389,482,590,974.77
ownage of a pactard - I'm so sorry Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks you deserve a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Happy belated 1 year Anniversary. - E.P.T. Hahahaha, funny reply my ninja, here's another cake for your upcoming 2 year anniversary. - E.P.T. 
happy holidays, great poster - sugarsmosley 

Quote:
Why exclude Vitali? A past prime Lewis beat a prime Vitali, it's pretty obvious that a prime Lewis would have beat him.
Old 01-16-2013, 06:38 AM
Someone88
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
How he beat them?

Golota, Grant, Rahman, McCall, Holyfield.

Christ even Bruno and a faded ass Tyson is better than anything on Vitali's win list lol and probably would have caused him trouble.

There's no win or opponent on Vitali's resume in my honest opinion that makes me (or the majority of the sensible boxing world) think that he's on Lewis' level.

I'm struggling to understand what makes you think that Vitali in his prime and Lewis in his prime were on similar levels? Could you explain that? What performances makes you think that? What win makes you think that?

At least answer that.
I'm not arguing that Vitali has the better wins. Out of that list you put only Holyfield is comparable to Vitali. I've seen sensible boxing fans think Vitali is at the same level of Lewis.

When I talk about levels, it means a fighter can have a competitive match with the other fighter.