Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Who does Calzghe beat?
Cleverly 15 42.86%
Ward 11 31.43%
Dawson 5 14.29%
Froch 1 2.86%
Martinez 3 8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 01-13-2013, 01:51 PM
elfag
Hawaiian F@g

Rep Power: 0 elfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these partselfag is infamous around these parts
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,100,112,745.13

Quote:
Originally Posted by -PANDA- View Post
indeed froch was a loudmouth who hadn't done much...in fact the majority of this board hated him for it

however dawson was regarded as the #1 lhw...he wasnt coming up, he already beat johnson and tarver after winning the title

a lot of people wanted to see calzaghe face dawson but he chose to fight jones, make that money and spend it on coke

Cal***gi openly admitted in 1999 that he was ducking prime roy jones:

"Calzaghe added: "I'm not chasing after Roy Jones. Be honest, Roy Jones is a good fighter and I don't want tough fights, I just want big money.

"I just want to make sure I never have to work again. I've got mouths to feed and that's the most important thing."
"

To the Mirror in 1999. Proof he ducked Jones, he says it directly!

http://www.thefreelibrary.com/Boxing...he.-a060444934
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-13-2013, 01:53 PM
daggum
All time great

Rep Power: 58 daggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,001,150,362,011.11
Super Joe Calzagheeeeeeeee - Sir TomJones I think Calzaghe is ATG and yes I realise I am daggum - rorymac you deserve a kick for your hatred of white boxers - Freedom. you post nothing except hatred and ridicule of the boxers - Freedom. You post nothing except hatred and ridicule of boxers.... keep up the good work - Deal With It 
You deserve a medal for your hatred of white boxers - Deal With It this hater deserves a kick - Freedom. have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Joe, Floyd, and Wlad are winners, you are a loser - Freedom. for the hilarious and utterly relentless Zag bashing! - The Surgeon 
No Message - Tha_Greatest stand up poster - bigsmoothh pizza pizza - bigsmoothh Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero calzaghe = goat - sugarsmosley 
give this loser daggum another kick - Freedom2014 you are the funniest poster on the site, here's a pie - jas this calzaghe reminder thread is hilarious - jas a truly great poster - jas hella funny posts - SlySlickSmooth 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgranluchadore View Post
froch was a nobody when calzaghe retired, it would have been called a joke fight
dawson was just coming up and his claim to fame was only the wbc title
yeah and nobody called calzaghe-jones a joke fight...
Old 01-13-2013, 01:55 PM
#1Assassin
Conveyor of Truth

Rep Power: 23 #1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute#1Assassin has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,906,014,770.98
Total Points: 14,990,276,960.72
one of boxingscene's very worst posters - Freedom. one of boxingscene's very best posters - Barnburner What you said about Dempsey was real talk! - Atreyu Khalil you are one of THOSE terrible posters - Earl Hickey Eternal partnership,to MaryJane! - HughJass 
great advice in training forum - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
An article by this title has appeared in Boxing Weekly, with Joe splashed across the cover. The five guys he is pitted against are:
1. Cleverly
2. Dawson
3. Froch
4. Martinez
5. Ward

Who do you think he beats/loses to?
he beats cleverly easily.

but ward, martinez and dawson would beat him easily, froch beats him in a competetive fight. it would be competetive due to their styles, froch is a much better fighters though.

bottom line is with the exception of cleverly all these fighters proved themselves to a different degree than calzaghe and earned the right to be held in higher regard.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:02 PM
DreamFighter
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 DreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these partsDreamFighter is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 50,022,314.80
Don't act so butthurt, princess - Weltschmerz kick this nasty little alt - Freedom. Spent way too much time on this one. Apart from hating on Klitschkos, no nothing about boxing. - Simurgh *knows :) - Simurgh alt - thuggery 
kick this little faqqot - Burzum kick this little faqqot - Burzum 

Quote:
Originally Posted by elgranluchadore View Post
froch was a nobody when calzaghe retired, it would have been called a joke fight
if it was a joke fight then it was no more a joke than almost every defence Calzaghe made of his title, so thats really no argument at all. What you are actually saying is that Joe SHOULD have picked Froch, based on his past choices of opponents. But he didnt - so obviously Froch WASNT a joke fight - it was a bout that Joe was likely to have lost.

Absolute truth is, years ago Joe Calzaghe offered Froch a fight when Froch was green, was seen another young bum and had done nothing, but once Carl had established himself as a threat Joe was suddenly not interested anymore. Like I said, its the Cowardzaghe thing however you spin it.

Quote:
dawson was just coming up and his claim to fame was only the wbc title
Sounds on par for Joe, who only ever defended the single WBO title himself - Dawson's WBC title was worth more than that! And Jones and Hopkins had no actual titles, plus were at least 50% of what they were in contrast to Dawson who was 100% prime. Dawson was the logical fight, not the old guys. Again, its got Cowardzaghe scrawled all over it. But it was a good business decision, apparent guaranteed wins over oldies who couldnt last the distance for good money abroad.

Last edited by DreamFighter; 01-13-2013 at 02:20 PM.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:06 PM
-PANDA-
..Playa by Nature..

Rep Power: 26 -PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 44,650,506,079,469.42
Total Points: 44,666,008,876,113.18
a panda always wins - Tha_Greatest SuperPANDA is a playa fa sho!!!!!!! - Chief2ndzOnly! i enjoy ur posts - led have a beer on me - led Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fire and Fear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fire and Fear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fire and Fear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fire and Fear 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggum View Post
yeah and nobody called calzaghe-jones a joke fight...
if he fought froch it'd be called a "domestic" joke fight and it did seem calzaghe had plenty of those
Old 01-13-2013, 02:15 PM
daggum
All time great

Rep Power: 58 daggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond reputedaggum has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,001,150,362,011.11
Super Joe Calzagheeeeeeeee - Sir TomJones I think Calzaghe is ATG and yes I realise I am daggum - rorymac you deserve a kick for your hatred of white boxers - Freedom. you post nothing except hatred and ridicule of the boxers - Freedom. You post nothing except hatred and ridicule of boxers.... keep up the good work - Deal With It 
You deserve a medal for your hatred of white boxers - Deal With It this hater deserves a kick - Freedom. have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Joe, Floyd, and Wlad are winners, you are a loser - Freedom. for the hilarious and utterly relentless Zag bashing! - The Surgeon 
No Message - Tha_Greatest stand up poster - bigsmoothh pizza pizza - bigsmoothh Wilder's right hand leaves them too drunk to stand! - valero calzaghe = goat - sugarsmosley 
give this loser daggum another kick - Freedom2014 you are the funniest poster on the site, here's a pie - jas this calzaghe reminder thread is hilarious - jas a truly great poster - jas hella funny posts - SlySlickSmooth 
Cancer - Epilepsy - Foster Care - Gynecological Cancer - Rett Syndrome - PensionKiller 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -PANDA- View Post
if he fought froch it'd be called a "domestic" joke fight and it did seem calzaghe had plenty of those
calzaghe wanted to end his career as not just a domestic joke but as an international joke.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:33 PM
Skittlez
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Skittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 196,094.25
No Message - Fire and Fear one of boxingscene's worst posters - Freedom. Where is Tiger??????? - mathed tiger uppercut! - joesaiditstrue No woner you're in the red. Now go fuck yourself in the ass - RossCA 
Name it Lennox - dan_cov Worst poster since Frank Sucketts - dan_cov biased - happyman hate troll - waste of space - Simurgh For the most stupid yet entertaining poster around! Enjoy! - Simurgh 
youre actually not a bad poster, i just find it funny how many kick me's you have. you dont deserve them imo - happyman deserves a kick for constant trolling and alts - I'm so sorry people want to kick you - Freedom. you can pretend it's Lennox Lewis - Freedom. Top 10 p4p NSB/ESB ATG - ArtThouFurious? 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Fire and Fear 

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyman View Post
should have made the votes multiple choice, he beats most of them, even ward. but you can never make a thread about him on here because bitter Hopkins fans who cry about him beating them. and they hate seeing a fighter of his skin color being undefeated.
1- You are not a Calzaghe fan. Stop trying to be one.

2- Does it confuse you and people like you why a lot of Calzaghe fans are also fans of Lewis, Eubank, Benn? Do you guys stretch your heads and go WTF???

3- Calzaghe utterly dominates today's division. The only guy he will lose 4 rounds to is Ward.

LMFAO @Froch
Calzaghe will slap the living shyt out of Froch. 12-0.

People forget Calzaghe beat the very best and prime version of Mikeel Kessler. That version of Mikell beats everyone easily outside of Ward today.

4- Calzaghe wasn't prime for Hopkins or Jones...

This is like saying Lewis was prime for Tyson.

The reason Calzaghe looked so amazing and prime against Jones was because Jones was even more past prime than Calzaghe.

Just like the reason Lewis looked so amazing against Tyson.

Both Calzaghe and Lewis were still elite but no longer prime against Hopkins-Tyson-Jones.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:37 PM
Skittlez
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Skittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 196,094.25
No Message - Fire and Fear one of boxingscene's worst posters - Freedom. Where is Tiger??????? - mathed tiger uppercut! - joesaiditstrue No woner you're in the red. Now go fuck yourself in the ass - RossCA 
Name it Lennox - dan_cov Worst poster since Frank Sucketts - dan_cov biased - happyman hate troll - waste of space - Simurgh For the most stupid yet entertaining poster around! Enjoy! - Simurgh 
youre actually not a bad poster, i just find it funny how many kick me's you have. you dont deserve them imo - happyman deserves a kick for constant trolling and alts - I'm so sorry people want to kick you - Freedom. you can pretend it's Lennox Lewis - Freedom. Top 10 p4p NSB/ESB ATG - ArtThouFurious? 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Fire and Fear 

Some of you only like Froch because Ward already beat him.

So by talking up Froch= talking up Ward.

Calzaghe was better than Froch will ever be.

Calzaghe was better than Ward now.

Calzaghe dominated the 168 and is the greatest SMW of all times

He also made RJJ Bleed.
Old 01-13-2013, 02:45 PM
-PANDA-
..Playa by Nature..

Rep Power: 26 -PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute-PANDA- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 44,650,506,079,469.42
Total Points: 44,666,008,876,113.18
a panda always wins - Tha_Greatest SuperPANDA is a playa fa sho!!!!!!! - Chief2ndzOnly! i enjoy ur posts - led have a beer on me - led Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fire and Fear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fire and Fear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fire and Fear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - Fire and Fear 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skittlez View Post
3- Calzaghe utterly dominates today's division. The only guy he will lose 4 rounds to is Ward.

LMFAO @Froch
Calzaghe will slap the living shyt out of Froch. 12-0.

People forget Calzaghe beat the very best and prime version of Mikeel Kessler. That version of Mikell beats everyone easily outside of Ward today.
people forget calzaghe wasnt that accurate a puncher even though he had one of the highest workrates of any smw and there werent any smws around who could come close to ward's defense and movement...

ward dominated kessler for 11 rounds...calzaghe won 8-4...in that 2 year span kessler didnt look any worse or better than he had looked pre that loss
Old 01-13-2013, 02:47 PM
Joeyzagz
Soir

Rep Power: 23 Joeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond reputeJoeyzagz has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 11,563,477,682.32
Total Points: 31,720,600,684.00
Have an e-beer on me - FRKO what a dummy you are - Freedom. still in the red after years of posting here - Freedom. troll - Simurgh 

Quote:
Originally Posted by daggum View Post
calzaghe wanted to end his career as not just a domestic joke but as an international joke.
As I watch your failed ongoing crusade against Calzaghe, I notice you never mention he destroyed all these great fighters while dealing with alcoholism, cocaine abuse and wild sex with strippers.

Not even Joe Louis could juggle greatness and the nightlife without taking an L. Marciano had to live like a monk to keep his zero. Calzaghe did it without sacrifice. He's a Man & a half.