Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 01-13-2013, 03:05 AM
brickcityboxing
Matthysse is a BEAST!!

Rep Power: 8 brickcityboxing has a reputation beyond reputebrickcityboxing has a reputation beyond reputebrickcityboxing has a reputation beyond reputebrickcityboxing has a reputation beyond reputebrickcityboxing has a reputation beyond reputebrickcityboxing has a reputation beyond reputebrickcityboxing has a reputation beyond reputebrickcityboxing has a reputation beyond reputebrickcityboxing has a reputation beyond reputebrickcityboxing has a reputation beyond reputebrickcityboxing has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 2,500,080,627.69
Socio - CubanGuyNYC Another beer to celebrate our great victory! - CubanGuyNYC Cult of Rigo!!! For Life!!!!!! We Here Baby!!! - Cubanborn87 

Honestly I think it's because psychologically a lot of these guys on this site are not used to success in their personal lives so they look at these fighters " the overlooked never got a chance unlucky" types as a personal extension of themselves. They want to be able to root for someone who they identify with ... But watch out because if that fighter ever does become successful they will be the first ones to tear him down ... Because god forbid they root for someone who's successful
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 01-13-2013, 03:09 AM
YOU WILL LOSE
BECAUSE I HAVE PILES

Rep Power: 0 YOU WILL LOSE is infamous around these partsYOU WILL LOSE is infamous around these partsYOU WILL LOSE is infamous around these partsYOU WILL LOSE is infamous around these partsYOU WILL LOSE is infamous around these partsYOU WILL LOSE is infamous around these partsYOU WILL LOSE is infamous around these partsYOU WILL LOSE is infamous around these partsYOU WILL LOSE is infamous around these partsYOU WILL LOSE is infamous around these partsYOU WILL LOSE is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 10,045,164.28

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickcityboxing View Post
Honestly I think it's because psychologically a lot of these guys on this site are not used to success in their personal lives so they look at these fighters " the overlooked never got a chance unlucky" types as a personal extension of themselves. They want to be able to root for someone who they identify with ... But watch out because if that fighter ever does become successful they will be the first ones to tear him down ... Because god forbid they root for someone who's successful
post of the century. its just like the music biz they wanna feel like they were there when u were nothing, once you get big and actually wanna make money they come in calling u a sell out. its like they would rather have them stay unknown and poor. might we well get the winners like danny fellas.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:13 AM
brickcityboxing
Matthysse is a BEAST!!

Rep Power: 8 brickcityboxing has a reputation beyond reputebrickcityboxing has a reputation beyond reputebrickcityboxing has a reputation beyond reputebrickcityboxing has a reputation beyond reputebrickcityboxing has a reputation beyond reputebrickcityboxing has a reputation beyond reputebrickcityboxing has a reputation beyond reputebrickcityboxing has a reputation beyond reputebrickcityboxing has a reputation beyond reputebrickcityboxing has a reputation beyond reputebrickcityboxing has a reputation beyond repute
Socio - CubanGuyNYC Another beer to celebrate our great victory! - CubanGuyNYC Cult of Rigo!!! For Life!!!!!! We Here Baby!!! - Cubanborn87 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOU WILL LOSE View Post
post of the century. its just like the music biz they wanna feel like they were there when u were nothing, once you get big and actually wanna make money they come in calling u a sell out. its like they would rather have them stay unknown and poor. might we well get the winners like danny fellas.
That's exactly what I was thinking of (the music biz -hip hop) ... It's one of those weird things, like " yo check this guy out , check this guy out" then all of the sudden he makes it big and its like " I used to listen to him back in the day ... I like his old **** better" lol it's like WTF !
Old 01-13-2013, 03:17 AM
Body Movin'
60/40 I KICK YO ASS

Rep Power: 26 Body Movin' has a reputation beyond reputeBody Movin' has a reputation beyond reputeBody Movin' has a reputation beyond reputeBody Movin' has a reputation beyond reputeBody Movin' has a reputation beyond reputeBody Movin' has a reputation beyond reputeBody Movin' has a reputation beyond reputeBody Movin' has a reputation beyond reputeBody Movin' has a reputation beyond reputeBody Movin' has a reputation beyond reputeBody Movin' has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 267,396,292,771,369.75
Total Points: 267,396,293,937,608.00
good work - BostonGuy No Message - BostonGuy floyd - BostonGuy money mayweather - BostonGuy I like that beer-money thing you got going there, here add this beer to it...Jersey up in here! - jose830 
No Message - BostonGuy cheers - handwraps what a legend - sugarsmosley hilarious thread - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Philadel View Post
I've been trying to figure this stuff out as well...dudes on here are just caught up...thats my only explanation...we all watch the same fights but we don't watch them the same...I smile when I see dudes call Danny a brawler...that blows my mind...to have the amature pedigree he has, he MUST know how to box...dudes like Lucas, Nelo and GGG don't have to beat anybody for dudes to say they'll beat everybody...call them eye candy for the kids...I have no other explanation for the madness

I don't think..better yet, I KNOW Lucas won't beat Danny...his speed is not Khan like and I would say Holt is a slicker more dangerous puncher...Lucas is probably more durable than those guys but he can definitely be countered from mid range....he's not so hard to hit neither is Danny so its not hard to see either dude getting busted up...Danny been there before...after Feb 9 there will be dudes who are gonna think twice...even though Zab is so called washed up...the ass whooping he get is gonna make dudes go hmmmmmm
dudes.....
Old 01-13-2013, 06:33 AM
bojangles1987
bo jungle

Rep Power: 116 bojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,143,581,128,829.39
Total Points: 3,420,581,450,975.94
Thought ya could use a drink.. - romebyko For your triangle theory sig - rorymac merry xmas. - Ether Awesome sig... Love me some Breaking Bad. - Burning Phoenix that triangle theories sig haha - Alx. 
it takes courage just to agree to donate an organ to someone :fing02: - jose830 thanks for the update - jose830 Thanks for the video of Bradley-Provodnikov - kennylimon Cotto looked rejuvenated out there - -jose- for an atg poster! - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickcityboxing View Post
Yea I thought he beat Alexander too that's the one that really stings though... He didn't smash him either though clear 7-5 Mathysse ...
Now that I'm certain TS is going out of his way to hate on Matthysse, I'll go ahead and point out that this posts says Matthysse beat Alexander 7-5. I'll let the rest of you decide how credible TS's knowledge of Matthysse is based on that.
Old 01-13-2013, 06:48 AM
dan_cov
Graceful God Golovkin

Rep Power: 65 dan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond reputedan_cov has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,087,938,563,490,465,792.00
Total Points: 3,115,699,484,719,532,032.00
dan_cov makes Boxingscene a better place - valero Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! - mathed Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! - mathed Merry Christmas!!!!!!!!!!!! - mathed thanks - DannYankee09 
p4p poster.  Thank you for keeping it 100% - damit305 you have great predictions - here's an apple to sustain that brain power - jas you deserve a medal for being a truly truly atg poster - jas I see you hit the lotto...congratulations :fing02: - -jose- Congrats good call. - Scott.Weiland. 
Enjoy - kennylimon solid - SlySlickSmooth ATG poster - Croyd a cookie for ur kitchen post lol - sugarsmosley Thx 4 points,made WC more fun - Scott.Weiland 
knows s**t about boxin' - SlySlickSmooth No Message - Scott Weiland Ran out of greenies - Beercules Hope you like cold beer bro! :-) - Tyler_Durden thanks for the help - KO MX 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - ƒallenloki Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - ƒallenloki Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - ƒallenloki Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Daniel Alpha 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Daniel Alpha Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - codey Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - codey Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - codey 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas 
Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - jas Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles1987 View Post
Now that I'm certain TS is going out of his way to hate on Matthysse, I'll go ahead and point out that this posts says Matthysse beat Alexander 7-5. I'll let the rest of you decide how credible TS's knowledge of Matthysse is based on that.

It was only a 10 round fight?

I scored it 96-93 with the knockdown for Lucas.

The judge who scored it 96-93 Alexander should be took behind the back of a barn & shot. How the hell could you even have that score? Corrupt.
I would love someone to sit these judges down and make them talk through just how they came to some of these ridiculous scores they come out with.

Even giving Alexander all the close(r) rounds and ignoring the knockdown I fail to see how you could come up with him winning by such a margin. Pretty clear cut rounds imo
Old 01-13-2013, 07:00 AM
bojangles1987
bo jungle

Rep Power: 116 bojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond reputebojangles1987 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,143,581,128,829.39
Total Points: 3,420,581,450,975.94
Thought ya could use a drink.. - romebyko For your triangle theory sig - rorymac merry xmas. - Ether Awesome sig... Love me some Breaking Bad. - Burning Phoenix that triangle theories sig haha - Alx. 
it takes courage just to agree to donate an organ to someone :fing02: - jose830 thanks for the update - jose830 Thanks for the video of Bradley-Provodnikov - kennylimon Cotto looked rejuvenated out there - -jose- for an atg poster! - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dan_cov View Post
It was only a 10 round fight?

I scored it 96-93 with the knockdown for Lucas.

The judge who scored it 96-93 Alexander should be took behind the back of a barn & shot. How the hell could you even have that score? Corrupt.
I would love someone to sit these judges down and make them talk through just how they came to some of these ridiculous scores they come out with.

Even giving Alexander all the close(r) rounds and ignoring the knockdown I fail to see how you could come up with him winning by such a margin. Pretty clear cut rounds imo
Matthysse and Kotelnik are two very good cautionary tales about fighting Devon Alexander at home. If you give Devon Alexander WAY too much credit, he won 5 rounds, which still means he lost. And that's giving him too much credit. It's more realistic to give Alexander 3 or 4 rounds.
Old 01-13-2013, 07:21 AM
brickcityboxing
Matthysse is a BEAST!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bojangles1987 View Post
Matthysse and Kotelnik are two very good cautionary tales about fighting Devon Alexander at home. If you give Devon Alexander WAY too much credit, he won 5 rounds, which still means he lost. And that's giving him too much credit. It's more realistic to give Alexander 3 or 4 rounds.
Played myself on that one forgot it was a 10 rounder haven't seen it in quite some time either way .... Yeah 6-4 Mathysse
Old 01-13-2013, 07:23 AM
1PunchKO95
Amateur

Total Points: 612.28

Here's the way i look at it you've got two VERY hard punchers and two SOLID brawlers, however in both areas i feel as though Lucas wins by a wide margin both have solid chins however it simply comes down to what way this fight goes and lets face it it's likely to be a brawl and if/when that occurs if you've got two brawlers but one is the better brawler well then the better brawler is gonna win also considering the fact that Matthysse is the smarter brawler i believe that once he figures out the inside game Danny is done.

Look i'm not saying Danny hasn't got a chance as a matter of fact i think this is a nice solid competitive war up until the stoppage i just think taking everything into consideration and examining both fighters skills, ability and similarities that you will find that Lucas is the superior fighter and when it comes down to it the one that's most likely to get the stoppage.

Just my two cents.
Old 01-13-2013, 09:13 AM
boliodogs
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 24 boliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond reputeboliodogs has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 12,057,064,005,312.28
Total Points: 12,067,064,094,876.13
For spreading some interesting dog (+ boxing) knowledge ;) - PainfromUkraine war canelo!! - KO MX 

It's not a 100% sure thing he KOs Garcia, it's just an opinion. Matthysse seems like a better fighter to me.He is faster, hits harder, and has better boxing skills. Lucas KOs almost everyone he fights and he should KO Garcia in my opinion. Garcia comes to fight and it's hard to beat Matthysse in a slug out. Garcia is a good fighter and he could win but I favor Lucas off what I have seen from both fighters.