Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Boxing History
Thread Navigation

Old 12-29-2012, 05:40 AM
The Surgeon
Days Of Glory

Rep Power: 53 The Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 114,254,401,297.53
Total Points: 227,239,260,823.92
Happy 18th  Birthday, Braveheart - jreckoning Yes, Cheers Amigo! - anonymousboxing Thanks for your support - Massage Queen toasting the anglo-scottish alliance - mr.crust Cotto = The man - Animalistic 
Keep visiting the History Section man! - Barnburner To one of  the really good guys in the History section. - Terry A For my best boxing scene mate - BigStereotype Who the ***k is HALGER ????? - McGoorty I know how much the scottish love their flowers so I thought I'd be nice and get you one. - eli porter 
congrats on your first article for KO Digest - fitefanSHO Green :) - dancovboxer cheers - hhs661 CHEERS MATE !!! - BERNIE'S CORNER jaja! pa la victoria de cotto! - Sin City 
For Cotto! - 120 Cheers - typeone Happy New Year! - Scott9945 Cpngrats - typeone Merry Christmas! - TartanSoldier 
Autism - The Surgeon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - The Surgeon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - The Surgeon Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - The Surgeon 
Default Big Fat Boxing Quiz 2012

1. How many months in prison was Floyd Mayweather sentenced to on a domestic battery charge?

2. What round did Matthew Macklin knockdown Sergio Martinez in?

3. What was so controversial about the fight between Shane McPhilbin and Enzo Maccarinelli?

4. Which Showtime commentator lost his position following a positive drug test?

5. HBO analyst Larry Merchant siad he'd need to be how many years younger to kick Floyd Mayweather's ass

6. Which newspaper sponsored the fight between David Haye and Dereck Chisora?

7. Whose US TV chatshow does Manny Pacquaio make an apperance on in the week of his fights?

8. Against which opponent did Adrien Broner fail to make weight against thus forfeiting his WBO Super Featherweight title?

9. Why was Miguel Cotto's revenge bout with Antonio Margarito in doubt up to the week of their rematch in New York?

10. Which former Olympic champion topped a non televised bill in Brentwood?

11. What was the excuse used by Thai great Pongsaklek Wonjogkam for his incredible six round upset loss to Sonny Boy Jaro?

12. Name 2 fighters that were rumored to have signed for TMT promotions?

13. Which former British world champion trained a fighter to the European title?

14. Name the British middleweight who Tim Bradleydfeated in London in the amateurs?

15. Who are the two Irishmen Julio Cesar Chavez Jnr has beaten in Texas?

16. Which British Lightweight left his trainer before quickly being reunited with him for a world title fight?

17. Name the infamous nutritionist and sports science guru who works with Nonito Donaire?

18. Which veteran referee was the official for the divisive clash between Haye and Chisora?

19. Who did Dereck Chisora lose to narrowly in a bid for the European title?

20. Which famous ring announcer was inducted into the boxing hall of fame?

21. What was his famous catchphrase?

22. What was surprising about Tyson Fury's performance against Martin Rogan in Ireland?

23. What thrilling fight kicked off a memorable opening night for new subscription channel Boxnation?

24. Name the author who followed up his biography of Roerto Duran with on Alexis Arguello?27. Which New York Middleweight was Froch sparring ahead of his fight with Andre Ward?

25. Who was the great trainer who passed away this year who once told his charge "Your blowing it son"?

26. What injury did Lucien Bute have going into his bout with Carl Froch?

27. Which New York Middleweight was Froch sparring ahead of his fight with Andre Ward?

28. Who was Paul Williams in training to fight before he was injured in a motor bike crash?

29. Name the British representative of the Luxembourg boxing federation who was influential in stagging Haye vs Chisora?

30. Which three coutries did Vitali Klitschko fight in from September 2011 to september 2012?

NO CHEATING
Answers will be posted in a few days
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-29-2012, 07:14 AM
gingeralbino
WAR MAGEE!!!

Rep Power: 26 gingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,935,928,044,172.42
Total Points: 8,935,928,121,295.54
ugly kid is gonna need it after he gets whooped - Sir TomJones top poster - S~T~J For being a consistently rock solid poster - The Surgeon one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. Happy St Patrick's Day - Freedom2014 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -Boxzilla- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Surgeon View Post
1. How many months in prison was Floyd Mayweather sentenced to on a domestic battery charge?

dunno

3. What was so controversial about the fight between Shane McPhilbin and Enzo Maccarinelli?

The ref jumped it as if to give a count but he wasnt KD so had to call a KO. For once Enzo want about to get KTFO (well he probably would have in the following round)

Tarver

5. HBO analyst Larry Merchant siad he'd need to be how many years younger to kick Floyd Mayweather's ass

The Sun

7. Whose US TV chatshow does Manny Pacquaio make an apperance on in the week of his fights?

Cant remember the exact name. Kemmel or something like that

8. Against which opponent did Adrien Broner fail to make weight against thus forfeiting his WBO Super Featherweight title?

Murray

9. Why was Miguel Cotto's revenge bout with Antonio Margarito in doubt up to the week of their rematch in New York?

Plaster boy's eye was messed up and he hadnt been cleared to fight by the NY commission

im gonna guess its either de gale or audley. going with audley as i can remember watching a couple of de gale fights and one was in italy and the other was on channel 5 and i can only remember audley getting KTFO by Price in 2012 so he had more free time

11. What was the excuse used by Thai great Pongsaklek Wonjogkam for his incredible six round upset loss to Sonny Boy Jaro?

no idea

billy dib and Dirrel (and Gamboa)

13. Which former British world champion trained a fighter to the European title?

Hatton?

14. Name the British middleweight who Tim Bradleydfeated in London in the amateurs?

Ogogo?

Andy Lee and John Duddy

16. Which British Lightweight left his trainer before quickly being reunited with him for a world title fight?

Mitchell?

17. Name the infamous nutritionist and sports science guru who works with Nonito Donaire?

Conte

18. Which veteran referee was the official for the divisive clash between Haye and Chisora?

Cant remember his name, but he was too old to ref for the BBBC but was good to go for Luxenburg lol

Helenius. Robbed.

Jimmy Lennon jnr

Its Showtime!

22. What was surprising about Tyson Fury's performance against Martin Rogan in Ireland?

He wasnt fat? Rogan went down a bit easily? I was there and didnt see a KO cos i was watching fighting in the stands? That only about 200 out of the 10,000 were fighting afterwards? We were allowed to drink in the stands? That a manc was fighting for the Irish title? It was only scheduled for 10 rounds (as all irish title fights are)?. none of those things surprised me tbh so it must be something im forgetting lol!

23. What thrilling fight kicked off a memorable opening night for new subscription channel Boxnation?

Cotto Marg 2

24. Name the author who followed up his biography of Roerto Duran with on Alexis Arguello?[B]

Dunno

25. Who was the great trainer who passed away this year who once told his charge "Your blowing it son"?

Manny Steward

Blister on his foot

27. Which New York Middleweight was Froch sparring ahead of his fight with Andre Ward?

Kid Chocolate?

28. Who was Paul Williams in training to fight before he was injured in a motor bike crash?

Ginger Mexican Canelo

29. Name the British representative of the Luxembourg boxing federation who was influential in stagging Haye vs Chisora?

dunno

30. Which three coutries did Vitali Klitschko fight in from September 2011 to september 2012?

Russia, Poland, Germany

NO CHEATING
Answers in red
Old 12-29-2012, 07:29 AM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 66 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,053,812,059,105,284.62
Total Points: 1,083,032,175,224,329.88
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

3 months

Round 7

The bell sounded with just under a minute to go (Can't remember the specific time) when Enzo was about to get inevitably stopped.

Antonio Tarver

50 years

The Sun

Jimmy Kimmel

Escobedo

Margarito might not have got his license due to his eye.

David Price?

No clue. Wasn't aware there was one.

Andre Berto and Zab Judah

I'm sure there's a few answers but Ricky Hatton was a British Champion and he trains Sergey Rabchenko now who is European Champion.

Darren Barker

Andy Lee and John Duddy

John Murray

Victor Conte

Luis Pabon

Robert Helenius

Micheal Buffer

Lets get ready to rumble

He fought mostly southpaw

Walsh-Appleby

24. Name the author who followed up his biography of Roerto Duran with on Alexis Arguello?[B]

Christian Giudice

Angelo Dundee

Foot injury, blister kind of injury.

Peter Quillen

Saul Alvarez

Bruce Baker

Poland, Germany, Russia.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:40 AM
gingeralbino
WAR MAGEE!!!

Rep Power: 26 gingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond reputegingeralbino has a reputation beyond repute
ugly kid is gonna need it after he gets whooped - Sir TomJones top poster - S~T~J For being a consistently rock solid poster - The Surgeon one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. Happy St Patrick's Day - Freedom2014 

kicking myself at a couple of my answers, especially dundee. didnt read the 2nd part of the question ffs. And forgot Fury fought as a lefty that night.

And it looks like i got the 2 Enzo fights mixed up. Both were a joke looking back at it.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:46 AM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 66 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,053,812,059,105,284.62
Total Points: 1,083,032,175,224,329.88
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gingeralbino View Post
kicking myself at a couple of my answers, especially dundee. didnt read the 2nd part of the question ffs. And forgot Fury fought as a lefty that night.

And it looks like i got the 2 Enzo fights mixed up. Both were a joke looking back at it.
Yeah, you were thinking of Enzo-McKenzie.

As for the Fury question, that's an open question I was going to say that.

Surgeon needs to hurry up with the answers because I want to know what Wonjongkam's excuse was for his loss to Sonny Boy Jaro I wasn't aware there was one.
Old 12-29-2012, 07:48 AM
PrinceNaz88
THE PRINCE IS FO' REAL

Rep Power: 9 PrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond reputePrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond reputePrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond reputePrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond reputePrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond reputePrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond reputePrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond reputePrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond reputePrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond reputePrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond reputePrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 33,818,259,072,392.00
Total Points: 33,818,409,395,120.05
Naseem Hamed til I die - rorymac No Message - Tha_Greatest not so happy new year bro!get well soon my man. - HUGH JASS 

3 months (90 days).

6?

Enzo got stopped even though he was blocking every punch. Ref jumped in for no reason due to Enzo's reputation.

Not sure.

The Sun.

No idea.

I remember it but the name escapes me..

Margarito's eye problem.

Audley.

No idea.

Dirrell, Gamboa?

Hatton? (Rabchenko)

Murray?

Andy Lee. Can't think of the other..

John Murray?

Conte

Mickey Vann? Although I think he got changed close to the fight..

Helenius.

Lennon Jr?

It's Showwwwwwwwwwwwwtime.

He came out as a southpaw.

Dunno.

24. Name the author who followed up his biography of Roerto Duran with on Alexis Arguello?

Dunno.

Dundee.

Glass jaw? Nah seriously, it was some kind of foot injury. Possibly toe.

No idea.

Lara?

No idea.

Germany, Poland and Russia.

--------------------------------

Had a go anyway! Nice quiz..
Old 12-29-2012, 07:56 AM
raskat
Banned

Rep Power: 0 raskat has a reputation beyond reputeraskat has a reputation beyond reputeraskat has a reputation beyond reputeraskat has a reputation beyond reputeraskat has a reputation beyond reputeraskat has a reputation beyond reputeraskat has a reputation beyond reputeraskat has a reputation beyond reputeraskat has a reputation beyond reputeraskat has a reputation beyond reputeraskat has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 15,825,104,979.67
Knuckles - Uncle Howie Good Job! - DET. IRONSIDE No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
Happy New Year - Freedom. Thanks for the uploads - simbros thanks for the info...i can now add youtube fights to my career collections. - joe strong Merry Xmas and thanks for the fun quiz! - The Surgeon one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Surgeon View Post

no idea really. Maybe the 5th round.

They stopped the round even though there were around 40 seconds or so left on the clock. To save Enzo.

Antonio Tarver

no idea. Never heard of that

Jimmy Kimmel

Vicente Escobedo

because of Margarito's eye

-

?
Andre Dirrell, Yuriorkis Gamboa, Billy Dib

that is a strange question bro. There could be 10 people who did something like that.

no idea

Andy Lee and...can't remember the other guy's name right now. (he retired in the meantime)

Ricky Burns maybe

Victor Conte
Joe Cortez?

Robert Helenius

Michael Buffer?

Let's get ready to rumble

didn't see that fight.

this is a very "british based" quiz. I don't know all these british facts... , but maybe it was Pacquiao-Marquez III

no idea
Angelo Dundee. He said that to SRL in his first fight with Hearns

I didn't know he was injured.

no idea, but maybe Peter Quillin.

Saul Alvarez

would have to be Switzerland, Germany and Russia

NO CHEATING
Old 12-29-2012, 07:59 AM
gingeralbino
WAR MAGEE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by IronDanHamza View Post
Yeah, you were thinking of Enzo-McKenzie.

As for the Fury question, that's an open question I was going to say that.

Surgeon needs to hurry up with the answers because I want to know what Wonjongkam's excuse was for his loss to Sonny Boy Jaro I wasn't aware there was one.
and i got Rios and Broner mixed up for failing to make the weight, cant blame me really they could be twins lol! And i was thinking of Micky Vann who was replaced as ref so even though i didnt remember his name i was thinking of the wrong guy.

Ive no idea what the excuse was, i didnt see the fight let alone read up on the aftermath!
Old 01-05-2013, 02:35 PM
PrinceNaz88
THE PRINCE IS FO' REAL

Rep Power: 9 PrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond reputePrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond reputePrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond reputePrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond reputePrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond reputePrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond reputePrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond reputePrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond reputePrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond reputePrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond reputePrinceNaz88 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 33,818,259,072,392.00
Total Points: 33,818,409,395,120.05
Naseem Hamed til I die - rorymac No Message - Tha_Greatest not so happy new year bro!get well soon my man. - HUGH JASS 

Come on Surgeon, get it together mate!
Old 01-16-2013, 03:57 PM
The Surgeon
Days Of Glory

Rep Power: 53 The Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond reputeThe Surgeon has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 114,254,401,297.53
Total Points: 227,239,260,823.92
Happy 18th  Birthday, Braveheart - jreckoning Yes, Cheers Amigo! - anonymousboxing Thanks for your support - Massage Queen toasting the anglo-scottish alliance - mr.crust Cotto = The man - Animalistic 
Keep visiting the History Section man! - Barnburner To one of  the really good guys in the History section. - Terry A For my best boxing scene mate - BigStereotype Who the ***k is HALGER ????? - McGoorty I know how much the scottish love their flowers so I thought I'd be nice and get you one. - eli porter 
congrats on your first article for KO Digest - fitefanSHO Green :) - dancovboxer cheers - hhs661 CHEERS MATE !!! - BERNIE'S CORNER jaja! pa la victoria de cotto! - Sin City 
For Cotto! - 120 Cheers - typeone Happy New Year! - Scott9945 Cpngrats - typeone Merry Christmas! - TartanSoldier 
Autism - The Surgeon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - The Surgeon Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - The Surgeon Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - The Surgeon 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrinceNaz88 View Post
Come on Surgeon, get it together mate!
Sorry fella been off line with PC problems for ages! Get the answers up in a mo!