Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 01-04-2013, 06:58 AM
talip bin osman
angst and revenge

Rep Power: 26 talip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,071,151,216,651.61
great poster - MaD vEiN prolific poster - Jerub_Baal thank you talip merry christmas - the collector Happy holidays bro! - led* Season's Greetings - Freedom. 
Welcome to the ranks - Terrel 
Default anybody here a fan of charlie chaplin?

sure, judged through present day standards his films and his comedic style would be archaic to most people...

but if looked at with only the barest essentials inherent of all movies, his style and his resume are simply brilliant IMO...

"the kid" with it's dream sequence towards the end is an awesome comedic film...
Old 01-04-2013, 07:20 AM
kadyo
Tua's a Grandpunk

Rep Power: 21557 kadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,452,325,595,403,501.00
Total Points: 3,480,604,068,009,412.00
haha! yeah! gotta love some Uncle Kadyo!! BOSS POSTER - cawadoody For a fellow Zappa fan! - sweetpea87 ran out of green, but here's to the ozawa mention. - chiguy91 Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks for being a good generous man - ~BoZz~ 
Cheers, glad I got one of the best :) Hope you have a good X-mas! - dan_cov Happy holidays Unc! - led* Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Merry Christmas to you and yours Kadyo. I hope 2013 brings you everything you ever wished for - deanrw Happy Holidays brother Kadyo, - !! AI-Holmes!! 
chur uncle - Capaedia Happy Birthday - jaded raise a glass for carl gauss and james maxwell - Barnburner my goodness sorry it was late sir.i hope you had a great day with your family man. - HUGH JASS thx uncle kadyo!! can always count on u 4 support - thuggery 
Banana for that ass. - robust_ A glass of the finest French wine (thx for k) - QuebecSTAR2 Happy Holidays, my friend! - jazluvr Good morning from the UK unc. - HughJass :boxing: - -jose- 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HUGH JASS Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - HughJass 

No fil buff here but I always enjoed a charlie chaplin whenever I got to watch one. Here's an article I read early today at the library. Look it up to give some input and insights.

Quote:
Viewfinder
Best movies of all time
By Nestor U. Torre
Philippine Daily Inquirer
January 3, 2013 | 7:36 pm

***8220;THE 39 Steps***8221;

From time to time, film buffs ask us to cite the best movie we***8217;ve ever seen***8212;but we quickly demur and say that we don***8217;t go by that rigorous standard. We feel that it***8217;s more helpful to recommend a number of excellent films, because each one has its own strengths or unique focus that the others don***8217;t.

We arrived at this more ***8220;democratic***8221; view of cinematic excellence in graduate school at Northwestern University, where our Film History professor opened our eyes to the many different possibilities and potentialities of the film medium by screening and discussing a wide range of productions from all over the filmmaking world, starting with some of the earliest movies ever made.

Those early movies were powerfully persuasive, because they showed film language itself in the very process of being created and invented, before our very eyes.

It was like we were entering into the minds of those pioneering movie directors, as they worked out basic problems like going from the long shot to the closeup, figuring out the advantages gained through more detailed editing, etc.

Artistic individuality

Most impressive of all, their early movies showed that enough money to spend was not the main factor involved in arriving at solutions to filmmaking problems***8212;rather, it was the creativity and genius of the pioneering director or cameraman.

We also appreciated the importance of artistic individuality, of filmmakers doing something that nobody else had thought up or imagined. Thus, early on, we saw what made Luis Buñuel different from Yasujiro Ozu, Francois Truffaut, Sergei Eisenstein, Charlie Chaplin, Erich von Stroheim, Billy Wilder, etc!

So, instead of advising you about the best film to see, let me be more helpful today by clueing you in on the early and excellent movies that could help you better appreciate the strengths and subtleties of the medium of cinema:

For ***8220;evolving***8221; film language, look for D.W. Griffith***8217;s ***8220;Intolerance***8221; and ***8220;The Birth of a Nation,***8221; Edwin S. Porter***8217;s ***8220;The Great Train Robbery,***8221; Georges Melies***8217; ***8220;A Trip to the Moon,***8221; Robert Wiene***8217;s ***8220;The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari,***8221; Robert J. Flaherty***8217;s ***8220;Nanook of the North,***8221; F.W. Murnau***8217;s ***8220;Nosferatu,***8221; Erich von Stroheim***8217;s ***8220;Greed,***8221; Sergei Eisenstein***8217;s ***8220;The Battleship Potemkin,***8221; Charlie Chaplin***8217;s ***8220;The Gold Rush***8221; and ***8220;City Lights,***8221; and Luis Buñuel***8217;s ***8220;Un Chien Andalou (An Andalusian Dog).***8221;

For individuality of cinematic vision and prodigiously expressive use of the new medium, look for Rene Clair***8217;s ***8220;A Nous la Liberte,***8221; Lewis Milestone***8217;s ***8220;All Quiet on the Western Front,***8221; Jean Vigo***8217;s ***8220;Zero de Conduite***8221; and ***8220;L***8217;Atalante,***8221; Leni Riefenstahl***8217;s ***8220;Triumph of the Will,***8221; Alfred Hitch*******8217;s ***8220;The 39 Steps,***8221; Jean Renoir***8217;s ***8220;La Grande Illusion,***8221; John Ford***8217;s ***8220;The Grapes of Wrath,***8221; Orson Welles***8217; ***8220;Citizen Kane***8221;***8212;and then some!

Sense of history

Film buffs and students who watch at least some of these seminal productions will develop a sense of history and context that will serve them well in years to come. These movies will help them realize that individual vision and ambition are the driving force that periodically raise the film medium to greater heights***8212;a work in progress that has no culmination, because the creative cinematic spirit keeps reenergizing and reinventing itself to suit the changing times.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:26 AM
talip bin osman
angst and revenge

Rep Power: 26 talip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond repute
great poster - MaD vEiN prolific poster - Jerub_Baal thank you talip merry christmas - the collector Happy holidays bro! - led* Season's Greetings - Freedom. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
No fil buff here but I always enjoed a charlie chaplin whenever I got to watch one. Here's an article I read early today at the library. Look it up to give some input and insights.
tnx uncle... great article... the writer knows his stuff well...
Old 01-04-2013, 07:32 AM
kadyo
Tua's a Grandpunk

Rep Power: 21557 kadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond reputekadyo has a reputation beyond repute
haha! yeah! gotta love some Uncle Kadyo!! BOSS POSTER - cawadoody For a fellow Zappa fan! - sweetpea87 ran out of green, but here's to the ozawa mention. - chiguy91 Pacquiao vs Marquez IV! - Check_hooks for being a good generous man - ~BoZz~ 
Cheers, glad I got one of the best :) Hope you have a good X-mas! - dan_cov Happy holidays Unc! - led* Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Merry Christmas to you and yours Kadyo. I hope 2013 brings you everything you ever wished for - deanrw Happy Holidays brother Kadyo, - !! AI-Holmes!! 
chur uncle - Capaedia Happy Birthday - jaded raise a glass for carl gauss and james maxwell - Barnburner my goodness sorry it was late sir.i hope you had a great day with your family man. - HUGH JASS thx uncle kadyo!! can always count on u 4 support - thuggery 
Banana for that ass. - robust_ A glass of the finest French wine (thx for k) - QuebecSTAR2 Happy Holidays, my friend! - jazluvr Good morning from the UK unc. - HughJass :boxing: - -jose- 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Tha_Greatest World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - HUGH JASS Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - HughJass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by talip bin osman View Post
tnx uncle... great article... the writer knows his stuff well...
That's Nestor Torre, a long time PDI entertainment section columnist who's also a director.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:34 AM
talip bin osman
angst and revenge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Kadyo View Post
That's Nestor Torre, a long time PDI entertainment section columnist who's also a director.
no wonder... maybe you could invite him to become a poster here...
Old 01-04-2013, 07:42 AM
kadyo
Tua's a Grandpunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by talip bin osman View Post
no wonder... maybe you could invite him to become a poster here...
Ahahahahahahahaha! I wish.

I have a former student who now works as a director at IBC 13 morning show. Maybe I can invite him.
Old 01-04-2013, 02:48 PM
the dart
Contender

Rep Power: 6 the dart is a name known to allthe dart is a name known to allthe dart is a name known to allthe dart is a name known to allthe dart is a name known to allthe dart is a name known to all
Total Points: 5,067,959.41

So yes, yes I am.

Last edited by the dart; 01-04-2013 at 02:53 PM..
Old 01-04-2013, 02:51 PM
RL_GMA
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 41 RL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond reputeRL_GMA has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 50,009,563,750,448.59
Total Points: 50,009,563,957,405.12
tv ilegal vid. - mellow_mood Happy BIRTHday to your new baby boy. .  Congrats on being a POPS! - UglyPug congrats and make sure you'll be a superdad - Alx. Congrats, pops! - jazluvr Congratulations and all the best with your new little one. :wave: - Bossy 
Here's one for your baby boy - led Here's another one for you being a dad - led Congratulations on your new son, here's a lucky dollar... - jose830 Haha - Berges heres a burger for after,i already green kd u and couldnt do so again. - HUGH JASS 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - RL_GMA 

Old 01-04-2013, 03:02 PM
Danny Gunz
Smokin'

Rep Power: 61 Danny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond reputeDanny Gunz has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 42,562,468,164,116.78
Total Points: 44,847,283,537,378.56
Cool Poster. - Barnburner 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Danny Gunz Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - WANGLER Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Dorian.. 

Of course I do thats why I got the Charlie Chaplin mustache.
Old 01-04-2013, 03:06 PM
Cuauhtémoc1520
Head Mexican in Charge

Rep Power: 127 Cuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond reputeCuauhtémoc1520 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,418,847,648,888,623.00
Total Points: 1,418,847,648,908,881.00
Feliz Navidad - El Mustang Have one on me, friend. - Grand Champ Great taste in women - Unknown Champ Legendary poster - Cleto_Reyes please fukk off,..........now take care, your homie in real life, god bless you you bitcch azz, lol, truly your freind, lol, tha greatest - Tha_Greatest 
Here's a beer from Bulgaria - BulgariasFinest Great posts, intelligent poster! Always great reading your stuff :) - Bossy No Message - Freelancer One of the best poster's - arraamis One of the best posters in the 'Scene - ELHURACAN58 
damn homie i missed your 19000 post congrats!    you one the best posters here! - jose830 happy birthday coach! - HUGH JASS Birthday beer, cheers! - MELLY-MEL... i posted "las mañanitas" on the thread before you mention it but took it down thinking it was to gay :lol1: happy birthday bro! - jose830 happy bday - -Mustang- 
Happy bday grandpa! - led* One of Boxingscene's finest! - CubanGuyNYC Cuauhtémoc1520 Knows Boxing! - LoadedWraps P4P, a top poster/knowledgeable - SlySlickSmooth May you never stop spreading your knowledge. - BattlingNelson 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - Cuauhtémoc 1502 Gay and Lesbian Pride - The Underboss World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - TBear 
Childhood Cancer - TBear Childhood Cancer - TBear World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - TBear Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - TBear Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - TBear 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- 

He was a comedic genius. His physical comedy was an art form, sh1t was unreal.

Plus his gran daughter is fine as fuk