Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Which era have the strongest overall h2h fighters?
The 90's HW ERA 3 37.50%
The 80's era 2 25.00%
The Golden era(Ali era) 2 25.00%
The Sonny Liston era 0 0%
The black and white era 1 12.50%
The Current Era k2 and hayemaker +povetkin and the fighting pole 0 0%
Voters: 8. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 11-27-2012, 01:58 PM
Skittlez
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Skittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond reputeSkittlez has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 192,310.25
No Message - Fire and Fear one of boxingscene's worst posters - Freedom. Where is Tiger??????? - mathed tiger uppercut! - joesaiditstrue No woner you're in the red. Now go fuck yourself in the ass - RossCA 
Name it Lennox - dan_cov Worst poster since Frank Sucketts - dan_cov biased - happyman hate troll - waste of space - Simurgh For the most stupid yet entertaining poster around! Enjoy! - Simurgh 
youre actually not a bad poster, i just find it funny how many kick me's you have. you dont deserve them imo - happyman deserves a kick for constant trolling and alts - I'm so sorry people want to kick you - Freedom. you can pretend it's Lennox Lewis - Freedom. Top 10 p4p NSB/ESB ATG - ArtThouFurious? 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Fire and Fear 
Default Which era had the best overall 'h2h' top 5? Closer look. Your pick?

HW'S
If you had to use them for h2h fights against other eras.
Which era would you think had the best overall h2h fighters?

The Sonny Liston Era
Top 5
Liston
Patterson
Ingemar Johansson
Cleveland Williams
Ernie Terrell

Good and tough era. Liston is a huge puncher and Terrell/Williams were pretty tall fighters. 6'6 and 6'3 respectively. Patterson is outsized here but make up for it in speed and slickness.

The Clay/Ali Era(Golden Era)'
Top 5
Peak Ali
Young Foreman
Joe Frazier
Ken Norton
Ernie Shavers.

This era is very very scary in terms of overall skill/power. Shavers and Young Foreman can end any heavyweight with a single punch and Ali is the greatest HW of all times. Norton got a awkward and very distinctive style which troubles a lot of people and Frazier(despite being outsized) is always going to keep coming with that left hook.

The 80's Era.

Prime Tyson
Prime Holmes
Tim Whiterspoon
Michael Spinks
Tony Tucker

Prime Tyson and Holmes are two of the best heavyweights and definitely two of the best h2h's .Create so many mismatches. The other 3, while talented all have numerous flaws that could be exploited far easier than some of the 3-5 from other eras.

The 90's Era
Lennox Lewis
Evander Holyfield
Riddick Bowe
Elite Mike Tyson (no longer prime but early 90's version was still elite)
Ray Mercer

To me the best era. In fact if you go from 1 to 10, this era will completely wipe out the other eras. The likes of Tua/Ruddock/Ike/ are not even considered top 5 HW'S in this era and they could have easily been top 5 in today's.

The K2 era
Top 5
Wladimir
Vitali
Povetkin
Haye
Adamek.

Adamek is a TOP 5 HW of this era. Povetkin is and SHOULD BE the #3. David Haye IS a top 5 HW of this era. After k2, it's truely horrendous.
I give them a great shot at beating up the black and white boys though.

Black and White Era

I merged all those black and white decades to form one super era.
Joe Louis
Jack Dempsey
Rocky Marciano
Max Schemlling
Jack Johnson
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-27-2012, 02:13 PM
Fasttimes
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Fasttimes is infamous around these partsFasttimes is infamous around these partsFasttimes is infamous around these partsFasttimes is infamous around these partsFasttimes is infamous around these partsFasttimes is infamous around these partsFasttimes is infamous around these partsFasttimes is infamous around these partsFasttimes is infamous around these partsFasttimes is infamous around these partsFasttimes is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 42,848.82

It's a toss up between the 90s and the 70s. Bowe I feel is tremendously overrated.
Old 11-27-2012, 03:27 PM
kendom
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 5 kendom is a name known to allkendom is a name known to allkendom is a name known to allkendom is a name known to allkendom is a name known to allkendom is a name known to all
Total Points: 6,132,526.53

Probably the nineties, although eighties with Prime Tyson and Holmes is beastly but nineties has better top fighters overall H2H
Old 11-27-2012, 03:46 PM
MrClutch85
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 MrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 50,050,346.33

I think the Clay/Ali era was the best
Old 12-28-2012, 12:55 PM
SBleeder
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 19 SBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond reputeSBleeder has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,005,304,759.03
for being a heavyweight in history section - led wipe your dirty mouth - -Ironmike- I heard you like men - -Ironmike- The &amp;quot;I hate Tyson&amp;quot; award of the year - -Ironmike- Good posts. - Barnburner 
No Message - -jose- you suck dick, i will kick you. - Weltschmerz training for your debut to suck dick,! - Weltschmerz 

Shavers was nowhere near the top 5 of ANY era. Quarry was far better.