Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 12-17-2012, 05:42 PM
nachorjj
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 nachorjj is infamous around these partsnachorjj is infamous around these partsnachorjj is infamous around these partsnachorjj is infamous around these partsnachorjj is infamous around these partsnachorjj is infamous around these partsnachorjj is infamous around these partsnachorjj is infamous around these partsnachorjj is infamous around these partsnachorjj is infamous around these partsnachorjj is infamous around these parts
Bank: 43,586,931.65
Total Points: 10,145,930,721.55

Messi yes, CR7 no
Old 12-17-2012, 05:56 PM
SHADYV1
Contender

Rep Power: 10 SHADYV1 has a reputation beyond reputeSHADYV1 has a reputation beyond reputeSHADYV1 has a reputation beyond reputeSHADYV1 has a reputation beyond reputeSHADYV1 has a reputation beyond reputeSHADYV1 has a reputation beyond reputeSHADYV1 has a reputation beyond reputeSHADYV1 has a reputation beyond reputeSHADYV1 has a reputation beyond reputeSHADYV1 has a reputation beyond reputeSHADYV1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 37,852.47
Total Points: 87,366.39

Ronaldinho in his prime was better than both of them. So no...
Old 12-17-2012, 08:08 PM
AssasinKing
UNITED

Rep Power: 20 AssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 366,107,828,078.68
Total Points: 376,107,857,607.07
Starting your collection, mate - mangler jr Scholes! - Dem Eyes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Fenomeno View Post
I would hardly forget about him, my username is in homage to him

I think without the knee injuries he could've been the GOAT. He was just never that same beast after the first major injury playing for Inter. He was still world class, just not at Zidane's level after the turn of the century I thought. Up till about '99 he was the better of the 2.
2002 Ronaldo was still unbelievable....Won the world cup with an amazing brazil side but he just couldn't stop scoring
Old 12-18-2012, 06:12 AM
P4P_No1
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 12 P4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond reputeP4P_No1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 60,288,649.39
Total Points: 10,060,760,226.43
merry christmas - the collector 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Jones Jnr View Post
I remember going into the 2006 world cup all the talk was about the new superstars of world football such as Ronaldinho and Kaka, Zizou was supposed to be the old has been and Ronaldinho and co were gonna be the stars of the show yet the footballing lesson Zizou gave to that Brazillian team in the QF(iirc) which included them superstars was one of the most magical performances i've ever seen on a football pitch. Toying with the likes of Kaka, Ronaldinho and Robinho just to mention a few at an age when he was written off by the footballing world just showed how great Zidane really was and how far ahead he was of legendary players in their own right such as Ronaldinho and Kaka.

By no means do i say this as a slight meant on players like Ronaldinho who will always remain one of my most favourite players of all time but more to highlight just how great of a player Zidane was.

Whilst i think Messi is the GOAT, Zizou will always remain my favourite player of all time, with El Fenomeno in second place.

I remember as a kid EVERYONE knew the name Ronaldo. In school it was always everyone arguing over who got to be Ronaldo on the playground. Even people around me at the time who weren't even the slightest bit interested in or know a thing about football knew about Ronaldo.
Couldn't have put it any better myself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Money_May View Post
I loved zidane so elegant. Fat ronaldo had the potential to be the GOAT but injuries scuppered that. How anyone can put ronaldinho ahead of CR, messi and zidane is absurd.

I have a bias for CR he instantly became my fav united player on his debut.

Out of All of those names I would take zizou!! Anyone remember the volley against Leverkusen? I was stunned silent for 10mins
Unbelievable tekkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHADYV1 View Post
Ronaldinho in his prime was better than both of them. So no...
It's hard for me to put 'dinho in there because his limited time at the top and because he didn't do it in a World Cup but for those two/three years at Barca...he was unreal.
Old 12-18-2012, 08:54 AM
El Fenomeno
Agueroooooooo!!!!

Rep Power: 22 El Fenomeno has a reputation beyond reputeEl Fenomeno has a reputation beyond reputeEl Fenomeno has a reputation beyond reputeEl Fenomeno has a reputation beyond reputeEl Fenomeno has a reputation beyond reputeEl Fenomeno has a reputation beyond reputeEl Fenomeno has a reputation beyond reputeEl Fenomeno has a reputation beyond reputeEl Fenomeno has a reputation beyond reputeEl Fenomeno has a reputation beyond reputeEl Fenomeno has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 55,486,827,719.87
Got no g to give u. Heres the beer! - led One more - led treasure 4 ya - cannonball_X Merry Christmas - Flab merry christmas cunt:] - dj emzz 
thanks bro! :beerchug: - jose830 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - codey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AssasinKing View Post
2002 Ronaldo was still unbelievable....Won the world cup with an amazing brazil side but he just couldn't stop scoring
He was brilliant no doubt about it, best world cup goalscorer of all time. When you talk about players for the big occasion it's him and Zidane that you immediately think about.

Quote:
Originally Posted by P4P_No1 View Post
It's hard for me to put 'dinho in there because his limited time at the top and because he didn't do it in a World Cup but for those two/three years at Barca...he was unreal.
He was quality in '02 but the brilliance of Ronaldo/Rivaldo is what overshadowed him. His defining moment in international football was lobbing Seaman, which doesn't really say a lot for him I suppose.
Old 12-18-2012, 09:35 AM
San Iker
Banned

Rep Power: 0 San Iker has a reputation beyond reputeSan Iker has a reputation beyond reputeSan Iker has a reputation beyond reputeSan Iker has a reputation beyond reputeSan Iker has a reputation beyond reputeSan Iker has a reputation beyond reputeSan Iker has a reputation beyond reputeSan Iker has a reputation beyond reputeSan Iker has a reputation beyond reputeSan Iker has a reputation beyond reputeSan Iker has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 407,977,468,743.14
Total Points: 3,407,978,487,613.80
me wanna some sucky sucky - BritishBoxing92 practice! - BritishBoxing92 some energy for da fookin - BritishBoxing92 emzzzzz - _AJAX_ I missed you slut.... no homo - MANIAC310 
lol...rampage jackson - thuggery 

Steven Gerrard said Joe Cole can do everything Messi can do.
Old 12-18-2012, 10:13 AM
El Pistolero
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 6 El Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond reputeEl Pistolero has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 14,000,001,009,587.69
Hilarious - jas 

Looking back to see how this thread has developed and I gotta say, I can't fathom putting Ronaldo in Messi's class. When you mention GOAT's, I think of Pele, Maradona, Zidane, Cruyff, Di Stefano, Fat Ronaldo et al. and when it's all said and done, Messi will be in the class. Ronaldo won't he'll be a step class below and that's not dissing him at all
Old 12-22-2012, 07:29 AM
shinobi108
Contender

Rep Power: 4 shinobi108 has a reputation beyond reputeshinobi108 has a reputation beyond reputeshinobi108 has a reputation beyond reputeshinobi108 has a reputation beyond reputeshinobi108 has a reputation beyond reputeshinobi108 has a reputation beyond reputeshinobi108 has a reputation beyond reputeshinobi108 has a reputation beyond reputeshinobi108 has a reputation beyond reputeshinobi108 has a reputation beyond reputeshinobi108 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 506,321.04

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hamza305 View Post
Looking back to see how this thread has developed and I gotta say, I can't fathom putting Ronaldo in Messi's class. When you mention GOAT's, I think of Pele, Maradona, Zidane, Cruyff, Di Stefano, Fat Ronaldo et al. and when it's all said and done, Messi will be in the class. Ronaldo won't he'll be a step class below and that's not dissing him at all
Sorry you can certainly put Ronaldo in Messi's class, 1. Hes done it in the other top league in the world, 2nd Ronaldo has brought Portugal to the semi-finals of both Euro's and World cup, what the hell has Messi done for Argentina with a star studded team 10x the quality of Portugal with much easier competition in the South America cup
Old 12-22-2012, 09:42 AM
Money_May
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 57 Money_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond reputeMoney_May has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,841,395,292,450,718.00
Total Points: 9,843,549,549,199,218.00
:love: - Bossy :love: Cause you're super, man :P - Bossy Finishing the row off :D - Bossy :kiss: - Bossy No Message - Tha_Greatest 
Guy with a GIGANTIC Heart. - afiln the power of truth! - Panginoon My mateeeeeeeee :kiss: - Bossy 10000 post...drink up! - jose830 10000 posts! Congrats.. - ABOSWORTH 
Congrats! - Terrel Happy 10k babes and I know what tomo is :P - Bossy Cheers bro! - dan_cov The real Money May! - dan_cov May-kin' it rain - dan_cov 
Happy holidays bro! - led* Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. thanks :beerchug: - jose830 A glass of zee finest French wine - QuebecSTAR2 a man who knows his football - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinobi108 View Post
Sorry you can certainly put Ronaldo in Messi's class, 1. Hes done it in the other top league in the world, 2nd Ronaldo has brought Portugal to the semi-finals of both Euro's and World cup, what the hell has Messi done for Argentina with a star studded team 10x the quality of Portugal with much easier competition in the South America cup
Don't forget he was a big player in helping Portugal get to the Euro 2004 final.
Old 12-22-2012, 10:54 AM
Tom Cruise
Co.cktail

Rep Power: 29 Tom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond reputeTom Cruise has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 427,265,470,257.79
Total Points: 1,537,265,686,096.89
thanks for the green! - jose830 enjoy the beer and the boobies :beerchug: - jose830 Thanks for the green...eat a healthy burger :D - jose830 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - HUGH JASS 

For me i dont think its a coincidence that Xavi and Iniesta play for both of the most dominant teams of this generation, Spain and Barca.

They make the tic a taka style work, and are the engine room of both teams. Messi (as unbelievable as he is at times) would not break records without these two.

I think people are being harsh on Ronaldinho, if i remember rightly he went to Barca when they werent that great (Liverpool played them in the Uefa cup if i remember) and dragged them back up to prominence. By most accounts his first season there was unbelievably good and he carried on for many seasons after. Messi on the other hand has always been in very good teams that suite his style. He might not have ever matched the stats of CR7 and Messi, but he made up for it in flair and technical brilliance.

Back to GOAT discussion. Zidane wins it for me, for achievements at club and world level. Surprised no one has mentioned Pele yet though (i cant properly comment because i wasnt around) but his 3 world cup winners medals and his 589 gls in 605 games for Santos (back when Brazils league was pretty good) is crazy impressive.

Would be interesting to see Ronaldo and Messi go through this!

1001 ways to stop Pele ! by wesleyarts