Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-21-2012, 07:57 PM
Ringlife
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 Ringlife has a reputation beyond reputeRinglife has a reputation beyond reputeRinglife has a reputation beyond reputeRinglife has a reputation beyond reputeRinglife has a reputation beyond reputeRinglife has a reputation beyond reputeRinglife has a reputation beyond reputeRinglife has a reputation beyond reputeRinglife has a reputation beyond reputeRinglife has a reputation beyond reputeRinglife has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 362,124,917.82
Total Points: 200,362,261,564.53
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 

Great news for us boxing freaks. Like are girlfriends and wives didn't have enough with HBO and Showtime Lol.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-21-2012, 08:10 PM
Da Machine

Rep Power: 13 Da Machine has a reputation beyond reputeDa Machine has a reputation beyond reputeDa Machine has a reputation beyond reputeDa Machine has a reputation beyond reputeDa Machine has a reputation beyond reputeDa Machine has a reputation beyond reputeDa Machine has a reputation beyond reputeDa Machine has a reputation beyond reputeDa Machine has a reputation beyond reputeDa Machine has a reputation beyond reputeDa Machine has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 16,045,664,096,388.72
Total Points: 18,045,664,345,136.12
wipe the tears when bhop crushes kovalev - jas can't give you any more green k so here's a gift for your GIF thread - takingaim A medal for the gif tip - UTEP for the gif idea - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medved View Post
90% of those were from the College hoops game(check the earlier article) that was being played so people tuned it, if there was just filler material or reruns before the boxing that number would be under 1m.

and before calling the number good, you need to look at the avg CBS viewership for that day and timeslot.

I still dont think 1.8m is good, for HBO its great but not for a over the air channel during mid saturday in mid winter so not many ppl outside.

The 5-7 timeslot has the second most viewers after the primetime slot
It pulled good numbers. 1PT/4EST is nowhere near primetime, even on Saturday. Not sure where you are getting that timeslot from 5-7, but boxing wasn't on then.

Who cares if it had a lead in game. The important part is it retained those viewers. Meaning people are interested in boxing. It would have been a disaster if the retention rate was bad.

Besides football, it was the 2nd, and maybe the highest rated sporting event. 1.8m doesn't blow anyone out of the water, but considering everything it had running against it, it did fine.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:13 PM
upinurgirlsguts

Rep Power: 65 2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 28,243,772,799,854.27
Total Points: 28,244,783,820,493.89
keep fighting those huggers - mickey gomez &amp;quot;unlike floyd&amp;quot; was not a bad post for a marquez guy. lol beer on the pacnuthugger - Left Hook Tua Good poster. - Tek My Pounches you got jmm flaws down to the letter..... - Left Hook Tua I got my eye on you, sexy vato. - El Gallo Homo! 
You stay putting shit in proper perspective. - El Gallo Negro! Always right on the money homey - mangler Always keepin it real - mangler Cheers. I luv your threads homey - mangler Proper ownage of Floyd stans - WhoreUs 
cheers homey - MANGLER good poster - Mucus gangsta - Poor Lad 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Right Cross Ike 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Huey- View Post
Too bad they only show crap fights, imagine a fight with the drama of a JMM-Pac fight being shown in regular networks for the average Joe to see? Boxing would be back on the mainstream!
Crap fight? Did you even watch the bout?
Old 12-21-2012, 08:18 PM
croz
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 croz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud of
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,000,246,745.19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Medved View Post
90% of those were from the College hoops game(check the earlier article) that was being played so people tuned it, if there was just filler material or reruns before the boxing that number would be under 1m.

and before calling the number good, you need to look at the avg CBS viewership for that day and timeslot.

I still dont think 1.8m is good, for HBO its great but not for a over the air channel during mid saturday in mid winter so not many ppl outside.

The 5-7 timeslot has the second most viewers after the primetime slot
It was on at 1 pm. The college hoop game actually got very similar numbers too. Small time boxing got great ratings for its time slot and that's all there is to it. 90% of the people watching the next programme that's on only means they had a big interest in it, nothing else. Getting 90% of the audience to watch the next thing is not too common or a coincidence. It means they heard about it and decided to watch it over something else.

The basketball got a 1.5 overnight rating.

http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/2012...lege-football/

"Indiana/Butler Overnight Up 50%: CBS drew a 1.5 overnight rating for the Indiana/Butler college basketball game Saturday afternoon, up 50% from both Butler/Purdue last year (1.0) and regional action in 2010 (1.0). The 1.5 is easily the top college basketball overnight of the season on CBS, topping a 0.9 for Arkansas/Michigan last week and a 1.1 for Baylor/Kentucky two weeks ago."

Small time boxing is at least kicking college basketball's ass.
Old 12-21-2012, 08:22 PM
croz
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 croz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud ofcroz has much to be proud of
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,000,246,745.19

It's also funny because a boxing prelim shown at 1 pm actually managed similar numbers to what UFC on FOX 3 did during Primetime. All signs indicate boxing would man handle the UFC if they put a decent card up.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:40 PM
upinurgirlsguts

Rep Power: 65 2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute2501 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 28,243,772,799,854.27
Total Points: 28,244,783,820,493.89
keep fighting those huggers - mickey gomez &amp;quot;unlike floyd&amp;quot; was not a bad post for a marquez guy. lol beer on the pacnuthugger - Left Hook Tua Good poster. - Tek My Pounches you got jmm flaws down to the letter..... - Left Hook Tua I got my eye on you, sexy vato. - El Gallo Homo! 
You stay putting shit in proper perspective. - El Gallo Negro! Always right on the money homey - mangler Always keepin it real - mangler Cheers. I luv your threads homey - mangler Proper ownage of Floyd stans - WhoreUs 
cheers homey - MANGLER good poster - Mucus gangsta - Poor Lad 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Right Cross Ike 

Quote:
Originally Posted by croz View Post
It's also funny because a boxing prelim shown at 1 pm actually managed similar numbers to what UFC on FOX 3 did during Primetime. All signs indicate boxing would man handle the UFC if they put a decent card up.
Only if the fight is competitive and entertaining. I think this showed that the casual fan will be interested in watching a fight regardless of the fighters as long as the fight is entertaining.

GB needs to continue putting on fighters who are willing to mix it up with a twist of technical ability as well. Santa Cruz's opponent displayed the slicker side of boxing and where as Santa Cruz showed what pressure and aggression can do. The retainment of the audience proves they were enjoying the fight.
Old 12-21-2012, 09:47 PM
MJ223
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 23 MJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond reputeMJ223 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 8,719,315,157,910.90
Total Points: 8,725,315,237,934.94
No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 
No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 No Message - MJ223 
No Message - MJ223 Thanks MJ much appreciated - -Pull ma Finga- &quot;I see you pimp&quot; made me :lol1: - jose830 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - codey 

Boxing will be back on CBS......
Old 12-21-2012, 09:59 PM
Check_hooks
The Don of NSB

Rep Power: 43 Check_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond reputeCheck_hooks has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 526,935,325,916,237,888.00
Total Points: 527,935,326,016,244,544.00
for being skip bayless' neglected son - Antagonist have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier Legend ass poster. Keeping dirty ass flomos on lockdown 24/7 - Neutral warrrrrrrrrrrrr pakyaw - Lotus Flower War Pac! - Talisayen 
Pac by brutal KO! - Talisayen best weekend ever - Fighting_Pride Pactard 4ever - -MARKAVELLI- Manny Manny Mannny - PAC-BOY No Message - Dehydrator 
Best dude wins - Capaedia you can name it lil pacquiao so you can shove it up your ass - xcaret IV check_hooks is the boss of all bosses - I'm so sorry check_hooks is a legend - thuggery I apologize it was uncalled for - Jloro 
happy holidays, great poster - sugarsmosley ATG poster - jas It's Pacquiaos, Put it in your mouth - BrushMyHair One of the greats - jas Great Loma vs GRJ Prediction - jas 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Nemisis Gay and Lesbian Pride - NO PANIC! Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - jas Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - jas 

Im glad that boxing is back on the mainstream but 1.8 mill ain't alot of viewers

Imagine if your a company wanting to buy some commercial air time and one channel gets 1.8 million viewers while another channel gets 5+ million

CBS needs to put a big name on there if they wanna see the real numbers boxing can do
Old 12-21-2012, 10:27 PM
Tha_Greatest
YOU HATE FLOYD TOO

Rep Power: 260 Tha_Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha_Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha_Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha_Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha_Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha_Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha_Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha_Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha_Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha_Greatest has a reputation beyond reputeTha_Greatest has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 20,425,377,677.48
Total Points: 21,295,469,492.52
my nigga - MARKBNLV Happy New Year - Freedom. happy new year - BoZz fuck tha lakers lol nyahahahahaha - Sifo Dyas A return of a kind gesture. - Unseen 
Got To Super Man you up to the next level - Unseen Then my task is to do the same LOL - Unseen No Message - larryx2012 racist lil fruity ass nigga fujk outta here - Da Problem heres some junk food from your workplace, mcdonalds &quot;i said extra BBQ sauce kid get it right&quot; - Da Problem 
Drink up mayne, it's on me - Mike D One more nyahahahah!!! - LeeVanCleef Sup bro - El Angel BOSS POSTER - Neutral Happy New Year - Freedom. 
Pretend this is Broners pp and stick it up your ass and enjoy - The Problem Thanks Man! - ELHURACAN58 lol it's all good homie I love my Rican boxers but I don't be catching feelings like that, I just like to fcuk around once in a while, appreciate it doe :fing02: - -jose- No Message - ~BoZz~ No Message - ~BoZz~ 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Big Smoke Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Big Smoke Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Big Smoke Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Big Smoke Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Big Smoke 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Big Smoke Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Big Smoke Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Big Smoke Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Big Smoke Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Big Smoke 
Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Big Smoke Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Willy Wanker Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - Willy Wanker Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - BritishBoxing92 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - bigsmoothh 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANIAC310 View Post
I overslept and missed it... glad it did good numbers. Even though I heard Santa Cruz had a tough time

with some promotion and a real star like Canelo or Gatekeeper Cotto they would break records
good point!!!!!!!!!!!.................................. ..lol cotto is a gatekeeper