Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Should HBO sell boxing DVD/Blu rays?
Yes, I'd love to rewatch PPV events in HD and have them available whenever I want to watch again. 23 74.19%
No, that's what YouTube and NSB is for. 7 22.58%
It makes no difference for the sport or HBO. 1 3.23%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 12-15-2012, 03:56 PM
-Huey-
The Money Team

Rep Power: 28 -Huey- has a reputation beyond repute-Huey- has a reputation beyond repute-Huey- has a reputation beyond repute-Huey- has a reputation beyond repute-Huey- has a reputation beyond repute-Huey- has a reputation beyond repute-Huey- has a reputation beyond repute-Huey- has a reputation beyond repute-Huey- has a reputation beyond repute-Huey- has a reputation beyond repute-Huey- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 179,237,648,697,745.56
Total Points: 179,237,649,213,644.44
thread-would jesus forgive margarito? Post #6 - jazluvr449 No Message - -Huey- and you'll take care of the second one.... alriiiiight - Rockin' most underated poster - BostonGuy b-day boy - project xxx1 
congratulations fam - Larryx2011 for being good sport in the, "start rumors" thread - jose830 happy birthday - hhs661 Happy Birthday :kiss: - Bossy No Message - dan_cov 
Happy birthday. - dan_cov Happy Birthday bro! - jose830 Happy holidays bro! - led* Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you. - jose830 :D - happyman 
WINNER!! Correctly guessing Rees' height, 5'4"!! - thuggery 10 days in the slammer is not easy,  have some real food - jose830 beer on bday boy. - led Happy Belated birthday - -jose- courtesy of Arum's Protection Plan, IDIOT!  :lol1:  :lol1: - Kuyukut 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - codey 
Default HBO should sell boxing DVD's

Think of it this way...

Say a fight does 1M PPV sales, that don't necessarily mean only 1M people saw the event. It only means 1M cable/satellite accounts were billed for the fight.

Now, lets say ou were one of the 1M that paid for the PPV and it was such a great fight that you just want to see it again, but the only way to re-watch is a week later OnDemand or wait till crappy versions are posted on YouTube. Or, your computer is messed up and you can't downloaded it from here?

I would rather go to Best Buy and buy the event on DVD/Blu ray instead of a crappy version that takes away from the experience.

HBO could turn that 1M into 10+ million easily!

What you think?
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-15-2012, 04:03 PM
De la hoya 801
Contender

Rep Power: 0 De la hoya 801 is infamous around these partsDe la hoya 801 is infamous around these partsDe la hoya 801 is infamous around these partsDe la hoya 801 is infamous around these partsDe la hoya 801 is infamous around these partsDe la hoya 801 is infamous around these partsDe la hoya 801 is infamous around these partsDe la hoya 801 is infamous around these partsDe la hoya 801 is infamous around these partsDe la hoya 801 is infamous around these partsDe la hoya 801 is infamous around these parts
Bank: 122,303,361.76
Total Points: 10,122,898,351.12
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 

I've been wanting that forever, good thing I have 3 dvr's recorded with fights starting with Mayweather vs Mosley to pacquiao vs Marquez 4 but seriously boxing just needs more DVD's I'm tired of seeing all these UFC videos at best buy and stuff they got it right like the other day my uncle said he got the 100 greatest UFC fights imagine if they had a DVD like that for boxing !!!!
Old 12-15-2012, 04:13 PM
Slyboots
MarGODito

Rep Power: 16 Slyboots has a reputation beyond reputeSlyboots has a reputation beyond reputeSlyboots has a reputation beyond reputeSlyboots has a reputation beyond reputeSlyboots has a reputation beyond reputeSlyboots has a reputation beyond reputeSlyboots has a reputation beyond reputeSlyboots has a reputation beyond reputeSlyboots has a reputation beyond reputeSlyboots has a reputation beyond reputeSlyboots has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,195,071,599,244.50
Total Points: 1,206,170,551,417.75
Be Joyful - Gift Giver 

I'm all for it, though I would never purchase any since I would just download them. But why not? Boxing fans would surely buy them.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:17 PM
Nekronicle
Contender

Rep Power: 3 Nekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 134,434,500,611.17
Total Points: 134,434,527,467.18

HELL TO THE MUTHAPHUKIN YEAH

also, ESPN should put there FNF's and Ringside Classics on DVD too.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:21 PM
Nekronicle
Contender

Rep Power: 3 Nekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond reputeNekronicle has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 134,434,500,611.17
Total Points: 134,434,527,467.18

Heres a pretty good Article on this exact subject....

http://sports.espn.go.com/sports/box...ory?id=3390712

Quote:
"Even though there is a market, it's not big enough," says Ross Greenburg, president of HBO Sports. "Legitimate businessmen have to release a video the old-fashioned way, with professional packaging and duplication and marketing. If it costs you $50,000 to release a DVD, and you're only going to sell 1,000 units, do the math. It doesn't work."
Quote:
And that's besides the convoluted rights issues for boxing video. There may be numerous rights holders in a single boxing match, explains Kweder, who, as senior director of programming and acquisitions at ESPN Classic, obtains rights to rebroadcast boxing for "Classic Night at The Fights."

"You have the promoter of the actual fight," Kweder said. "The promoters of the fighters. You're dealing with the networks. And, at times, we even have to deal with the fighters themselves because they hold some stake in the fight."
Article is old, but probably still applies.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:21 PM
komodo
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 18 komodo has a reputation beyond reputekomodo has a reputation beyond reputekomodo has a reputation beyond reputekomodo has a reputation beyond reputekomodo has a reputation beyond reputekomodo has a reputation beyond reputekomodo has a reputation beyond reputekomodo has a reputation beyond reputekomodo has a reputation beyond reputekomodo has a reputation beyond reputekomodo has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 241,597,091,343,319.69
Total Points: 245,524,481,151,416.47
here you go bro - chiguy91 have a beer bro - Talisayen egt - D.I.E.S.E.L egt - D.I.E.S.E.L egt - D.I.E.S.E.L 
drink up.. - AL YANKAB*TCH No Message - eddie_monster cheers bro! - chiguy91 gift - MANGLER have a TV bro - chiguy91 
Some popcorn for ya - arraamis Have a pretzel - eddie_monster Here you go - ??? bottle of drank - MANGLER have an apple this time. - chiguy91 
Chocolate Milk :D - Very Rich Man thanx - Starof David Cheers bro - dan_cov No Message - Starof David A gift, a book, knowledge is important for this World :) - Jadon 
AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - AL YANKAB*TCH AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - ??? Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - MANGLER Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Very Rich Man 
Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Starof David Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Starof David Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - Starof David Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - jose830 Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jose830 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - Jadon Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - Jury Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Jury Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - MANGLER Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - MANGLER 

They should just put fights up in HD on itunes like they do with their other shows to rent or buy.
Old 12-15-2012, 04:58 PM
Superflo777
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 6 Superflo777 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperflo777 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperflo777 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperflo777 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperflo777 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperflo777 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperflo777 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperflo777 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperflo777 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperflo777 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperflo777 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 285,478,306,085.59
Total Points: 285,581,495,555.94
Happy New Year - Freedom. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 

Definitely agree. Perhaps even DVD collections for specific boxers with all their fights.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:01 PM
285Kid
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 9 285Kid has a reputation beyond repute285Kid has a reputation beyond repute285Kid has a reputation beyond repute285Kid has a reputation beyond repute285Kid has a reputation beyond repute285Kid has a reputation beyond repute285Kid has a reputation beyond repute285Kid has a reputation beyond repute285Kid has a reputation beyond repute285Kid has a reputation beyond repute285Kid has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 50,100,063,318.40

I agree , you can make documentary on the boxer + 15 of the boxers best fights on the DVD like the WWE
Old 12-15-2012, 05:10 PM
MRBOOMER
My skin I get it

Rep Power: 9 MRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 109,117,513,879,449.94
Total Points: 109,117,513,900,124.69
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil &quot;Best I've ever faced&quot; thread, awesome read! - jose830 Good thread. - FeFist &quot;The best I've ever faced&quot; = great thread - mathed all around good poster. - I'm so sorry 
Thanks bro - komodo No Message - MRBOOMER 
Head and Neck Cancer - I'm so sorry Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - komodo Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MRBOOMER Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - MRBOOMER Hepatitis C - MRBOOMER 

Why would you buy all those DVDs when you could pay this one website that has all the fights 30 bucks for a year and download them in hd that's a whole year of fights for 30 even the ppv next day or few days of course but come on **** hbo they don't need more money.
Old 12-15-2012, 05:12 PM
MRBOOMER
My skin I get it

Rep Power: 9 MRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond reputeMRBOOMER has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 109,117,513,879,449.94
Total Points: 109,117,513,900,124.69
Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil &quot;Best I've ever faced&quot; thread, awesome read! - jose830 Good thread. - FeFist &quot;The best I've ever faced&quot; = great thread - mathed all around good poster. - I'm so sorry 
Thanks bro - komodo No Message - MRBOOMER 
Head and Neck Cancer - I'm so sorry Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - komodo Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - MRBOOMER Alzheimer's - Crohn's &amp; Colitis - Cystic Fibrosis - Domestic Violence - Fibromyalgia - Leimyosarcoma - Lupus - MRBOOMER Hepatitis C - MRBOOMER 

Quote:
Originally Posted by komodo View Post
They should just put fights up in HD on itunes like they do with their other shows to rent or buy.
You got digital cable? If you do and you have hbo just get hbo go it comes free for your computer or a app on your phone and you can watch fights they had on recently or the classics they put up they have the 24/7 and ring life's too