Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 12-12-2012, 05:35 PM
BarryRobinson
BOXING

Rep Power: 7 BarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,000,295,729.28
i started watching your vids your a good trainer keep it up - sugersean15 great trainer good luck in the future - Alx. For masterfully owning those haters nyahahahaha - tibbar Awesome ! Looking forward to training with you. - BulgariasFinest They also banned me for rubbish. Try boxrec forum instead. - HaglerSteelChin 
Send a message via Skype™ to BarryRobinson
Default Amir Khan Open Workout for Carlos Molina – Pad Work and Control Is Fun Drills

Amir Khan’s media workout for his fight vs Carlos Molina on Saturday. This is his first fight as a pupil of Virgil Hunter. Here they work the mitts and Khan does some shadowboxing. Looks like Virgil Hunter has added some control drills to Amir Khan’s training regimen.

Quote:
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-12-2012, 05:59 PM
Ray Corso
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 Ray Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond reputeRay Corso has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 11,000,067,634.99
Listen to Ray, he knows boxing - valero Knowledgable poster - Weltz Knowledgeable - Beercules invaluable to the training forum - jas 

This kid just looks like an amatuer to me! He doesn't finish off his combinations with defense he just stands there and NEVER moves forward with a series of combos!
He MUST fight a "boxers" fight and move in an out perfectly and utilize laterial movement without "running into punches"! He just reminds me of a stiff amatuer straight up boxer who looks good but gets derailed when any sort of pressure is applied. I wish him well but the 2 fights that I've seen show me very little! Ray.
Old 12-12-2012, 06:03 PM
deejd
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 deejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 475,371,886.07
Total Points: 1,475,449,519.76

Thanks for posting this, coach. A lot of movement at the end, hopefully Hunter will have him start measuring more like Mayweather and Ward by extending the arm and pivoting. Hard to get rid of a habit that's been exercised over the span of a career, though.
Old 12-12-2012, 07:00 PM
BarryRobinson
BOXING

Rep Power: 7 BarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond reputeBarryRobinson has a reputation beyond repute
i started watching your vids your a good trainer keep it up - sugersean15 great trainer good luck in the future - Alx. For masterfully owning those haters nyahahahaha - tibbar Awesome ! Looking forward to training with you. - BulgariasFinest They also banned me for rubbish. Try boxrec forum instead. - HaglerSteelChin 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejd View Post
Thanks for posting this, coach. A lot of movement at the end, hopefully Hunter will have him start measuring more like Mayweather and Ward by extending the arm and pivoting. Hard to get rid of a habit that's been exercised over the span of a career, though.
Definitely a difficult task to break habits. Good for Khan though he chose a philosopher and teacher that believes in Film Study and Drilling rather than Superstitions.

I have a new respect for Khan. It takes balls to make a change. He truly wants to be a complete Martial Artist. I hope that manifest itself for him.

I can't comment on the "Control" you mentioned above, it'd be like talking ancient Swahili here on this forum. Overheads. great comment Dee

Last edited by BarryRobinson; 12-12-2012 at 07:01 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 12-12-2012, 07:44 PM
deejd
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 22 deejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond reputedeejd has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryRobinson View Post
Definitely a difficult task to break habits. Good for Khan though he chose a philosopher and teacher that believes in Film Study and Drilling rather than Superstitions.

I have a new respect for Khan. It takes balls to make a change. He truly wants to be a complete Martial Artist. I hope that manifest itself for him.

I can't comment on the "Control" you mentioned above, it'd be like talking ancient Swahili here on this forum. Overheads. great comment Dee
Hahaha, definitely, coach. Great point on Hunter being a philosopher. As matter of fact, one of his interview put me on to the style of Charley Burley. I just watched the "Behind the Ropes" episode that was posted on NSB.... Hunter is an amazing trainer!
Old 12-12-2012, 07:48 PM
BarryRobinson
BOXING

Quote:
Originally Posted by deejd View Post
Hahaha, definitely, coach. Great point on Hunter being a philosopher. As matter of fact, one of his interview put me on to the style of Charley Burley. I just watched the "Behind the Ropes" episode that was posted on NSB.... Hunter is an amazing trainer!
Do me a favor, send me the link to that in a private message please.
Old 12-12-2012, 08:08 PM
deejd
Undisputed Champion

You think Khan is going to thrive w/ Hunter? As a great a trainer he is, sometimes it's just too late or the fighter just doesn't possess the mind or gifts to carry out the plan.

No bull, though, I couldn't stand Ward going into the Super Six but by the end, he and Hunter are one of my favorite tandems in the game.

Mayweather's
Barry Hunter-Peterson's
Beristein-Marquez
Richardson-Bhop
Gabby Sarmiento-Martinez

Would've liked Sweet Pea-Spaddy and Zab if it worked but...

Last edited by deejd; 12-12-2012 at 08:17 PM.