Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 12-10-2012, 03:04 PM
tredh
Undisputed Champion

Location: a place where white women were scared when they saw me a black man wearing OJ style leather gloves!!
Rep Power: 20 tredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond reputetredh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 26,935,525,053.58
Total Points: 26,935,535,757.87
respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil TO THE U!! - the mesiah 

I personally don't think Gatti should be in the HOF. Gatti was simply not good enough to be in there. I mean I have said this before about other sports and I'll say it about boxing. The HOF should be changed to the Hall of OK participants of said sport. Popularity should have no bearing on if you get in or not it and neither should how the media likes or dislikes said athlete.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-10-2012, 03:07 PM
crold1
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 23 crold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,189,834.15
I totally agree with your p4p rankings, Pac is definitely above Floyd. - Neutral 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dunn View Post
I see your point. All I can say is the US is where the best comp is. So its understandable that a guy who swims a mile in the ocean gets in before a guy who swims a mile in an olympic pool.
That can generally be the case, but Light Heavyweight when Hill fought there was no better or worse than when DM was there, the exception being Jones. DM not fighting Jones hurt, but Hill not fighting guys like Williams and Moorer should too. They both won one unification fight. Fight for fight, the comp difference is negligible in a long stretch of meh at Light Heavyweight. Neither swam in an ocean.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:28 PM
PBP
ATG

Rep Power: 33 PBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond reputePBP has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 516,223,451,460,905.19
Total Points: 516,354,451,721,333.69
how do you not have any gifts yet? you're a good poster - I'm so sorry great posts! - JAB5239 No Message - mathed STORMTROOPERS - DonMega A pleasure to read your insightful comments - techliam 
It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for being an ATG poster - jas for a poster who really knows his sh1t - jas Master poster and socio! - CubanGuyNYC 

Quote:
Originally Posted by crold1 View Post
Totally ridiculous comparison. Stallone didn't get in as a fighter. They have a separate category for people who made outside contributions (writers, promoters etc.).
Stallone's biggest contribution was his series of Rocky movies. Gatti contributed four Ring Magazine fights of the year. He attracted fans to the sport and drew good ratings for HBO.

I agree that he was an average fighter and does not have a HOF resume. But if writers, promoters and actors can get in because of their contributions to the sport, why can't fighters themselves?
Old 12-10-2012, 03:42 PM
crold1
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 23 crold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond reputecrold1 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 10,189,834.15
I totally agree with your p4p rankings, Pac is definitely above Floyd. - Neutral 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PBP View Post
Stallone's biggest contribution was his series of Rocky movies. Gatti contributed four Ring Magazine fights of the year. He attracted fans to the sport and drew good ratings for HBO.

I agree that he was an average fighter and does not have a HOF resume. But if writers, promoters and actors can get in because of their contributions to the sport, why can't fighters themselves?
And the Rocky movies probably had more of a positive impact on the popularity of boxing than Gatti did. More people have seen Rocky than know who Gatti was. Gatti was a special thing for hardcore fight fans but his reach was never much beyond that. Rocky movies and Sugar Ray Leonard were a huge part of the early 1980s post-Ali boom.

What you're saying is why some want to see a special wing for great fights/rivalries to acknowledge that sort of thing for fighters who may not belong with the GOAT.

Others think Gatti getting in is as it should be. I didn't vote for him. Not sweating his induction though either. I get it.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:13 PM
MrClutch85
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 10 MrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond reputeMrClutch85 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 50,051,141.03

Arturo Gatti legend will never die I'm happy he got in the HOF he had a huge impact on the sport of boxing R.I.P Gatti
Old 12-10-2012, 05:17 PM
IronDanHamza
IronDanHamza

Rep Power: 68 IronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond reputeIronDanHamza has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,469,281,199,430,110.00
Total Points: 2,498,501,315,567,292.00
One of the best posters on the site. - Barnburner medal of honor - New England For ur award winning thread buddy - The Surgeon For getting more than 80% on my quiz. - Barnburner Super-Poster - McGoorty 
You have excellent boxing knowledge keep sharing! - rorymac Prize for thread contributions - McGoorty Merry Crimbo - The Surgeon for the facts... - Alx. Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Cool dude - BoxingGenius27 Happy New Year - Freedom. on the house... - mathed IronDanHamza knows boxing! - LoadedWraps Your unconditional love for Floyd - Freedom2014 
Lou Gehrig's Disease (ALS) - New England Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - Barnburner Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - Barnburner 

I don't think Gatti is a HOF calibur fighter.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:18 PM
The Gambler1981
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 52 The Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond reputeThe Gambler1981 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 3,553,740,208,490.49
Total Points: 3,564,340,325,161.65
respect. - mellow_mood you deserve a metal for defending the woman beater, lol, nyahahaha - Tha_Greatest always a good poster. have a beer. - jreckoning \m/ - Kenny MF Powers thanks brother - mrpain81 
great easy logical advice you gave for others on the thunderdome for trolls like me, lol, everything you stated i have stated to many people but few people would take mind of what you wrote, lol, excellent post, plain  logic to keep your composure fo - Tha_Greatest No Message - mathed thatll be 5$ - sugarsmosley 

I knew he was going to get in years ago so I steeled myself to this fact for many years, he wasn't that great a fighter although he was pretty good and he was in numerous memorable fights. I am laughing right now at all the people that told me I was the crazy one~

He isn't the first guy that gets into a hall of fame that is not the most deserving and he won't be the last.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:18 PM
BabyFaceAssasin
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 8 BabyFaceAssasin has a reputation beyond reputeBabyFaceAssasin has a reputation beyond reputeBabyFaceAssasin has a reputation beyond reputeBabyFaceAssasin has a reputation beyond reputeBabyFaceAssasin has a reputation beyond reputeBabyFaceAssasin has a reputation beyond reputeBabyFaceAssasin has a reputation beyond reputeBabyFaceAssasin has a reputation beyond reputeBabyFaceAssasin has a reputation beyond reputeBabyFaceAssasin has a reputation beyond reputeBabyFaceAssasin has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 15,320.19

On e they inducted Stallone I stopped paying attention. I love Boxing but the HOF is a joke...
Old 12-10-2012, 06:38 PM
TaurusJ27
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 7 TaurusJ27 is a name known to allTaurusJ27 is a name known to allTaurusJ27 is a name known to allTaurusJ27 is a name known to allTaurusJ27 is a name known to allTaurusJ27 is a name known to all
Total Points: 24,223.72

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddangerous View Post
Cool to hear about Mills Lane being inducted.
Yeah he was a great ref.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:40 PM
MASTER1454
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 0 MASTER1454 is infamous around these partsMASTER1454 is infamous around these partsMASTER1454 is infamous around these partsMASTER1454 is infamous around these partsMASTER1454 is infamous around these partsMASTER1454 is infamous around these partsMASTER1454 is infamous around these partsMASTER1454 is infamous around these partsMASTER1454 is infamous around these partsMASTER1454 is infamous around these partsMASTER1454 is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 1,034,743.48

Quote:
Originally Posted by RL_GMA View Post
Waits for HOF cynics who don't think Gatti belongs in HOF
Here's one - with all due respect to Gatti - he doesn't belong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freedom. View Post
I wonder why Virgil Hill got in to the HOF and not Dariusz M, who defeated him?
Ask Darius, why he was allergic to leaving Germany?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Dunn View Post
thats almost like asking why duran got in and not kirkland laing (rip) who defeated him.
Kirkland Laing is still alive......