Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Sergio Martinez the most beloved CURRENT boxer among forum fans?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Burner © View Post
    NSB has a new flavor of the month all the time.
    this...golovkin's getting lots of love from posters on here recently.

Comment

How can you NOT like Martinez?The guy was brought in as fodder for Bunema on HBO, he goes and puts on a show and whoops him. Gets royally screwed by Cintron.

Goes to war with Williams and is brought in as a late replacement for Pavlik who was supposed to walk over him. Puts on a show and whoops him to become champ.

Anyone who hates on Martinez really is a douche.

Comment

Martinez is loved because he came up the hard way. Not even his upbringing but his boxing career. He had to fight the toughest guys to even get recognition and he did that no questions asked. Plus he has a crowd pleasing style.

Comment

JMM rarely gets bashed...only by maybe a few Pacquiao fans

Martinez is respect also, but sometimes gets bashed by insecure Mayweather and Pacquiao fans when he calls them out

Mattysse also seems to be becoming more and more of a PEOPLE'S CHAMPION another guy that was Robbed and then worked his way to the top which is actually Rare In Boxing Today
          Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 12-06-2012, 09:46 PM.

Comment

"Floyd fans talk trash about Martinez" = Myth. The most hardcore fl-mos stay bigging up Martinez and would love to see Mayweather vs Martinez.

I agree with the hate from Pac fans though.

Comment

Originally posted by Burner © View Post
              NSB has a new flavor of the month all the time.
              This is very true also! A lot of bandwagon jumpers on this forum FOR SURE!

Comment

Dude is a throw back boxer, very good, very confident, nice guy, very mature and honest, not a big trash talker (Chavez excluded).

He just gets it done in the ring but he leaves just enough vulnerability to make the fights interesting. It's just that he has more gears and smarts than virtually everyone he faces.

I think a lot of people don't like him too but many more like him now than 3 years ago. The guy takes challenges and proves his worth.....it's a not so easy situation to come by now days given the financial and political nature of the sport.

Comment

Yes, but due to the fact that he hasn't lost a fight in a while, he has attracted some haters. It's just how it goes.

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    Dude is a throw back boxer, very good, very confident, nice guy, very mature and honest, not a big trash talker (Chavez excluded).

He just gets it done in the ring but he leaves just enough vulnerability to make the fights interesting. It's just that he has more gears and smarts than virtually everyone he faces.

I think a lot of people don't like him too but many more like him now than 3 years ago. The guy takes challenges and proves his worth.....it's a not so easy situation to come by now days given the financial and political nature of the sport.
                    QFT on all of this.

Sexy Sergio's where it's at now. And I agree about the vulnerability, it makes him interesting to watch. He gets knocked down - hell, he almost got knocked out - but he always pulls through. He's got phenomenal ring IQ. Throwback fighter indeed.

Comment

I think so, yes. Most of his fans seem to genuinely respect him and like him for the right reasons. He didnt really start off with a bandwagon. Built his up the hard way. I'm also confused why people say hes picking on smaller fighters yet he's generally undersized at middle... And he's been fighting Middles..not to mention the biggest middle we've seen in some time. Most his "haters" seem to not like him out of fear for Floyd or Canelo (dot know why...) or for no reason that to just not like him. Well spoken, has taken "losses" with a lot of class and has had politics completely s hit on him yet he just did his thing. Dude has been the peoples champ for a bit now. If only he was younger. But I guess doing his thing at his age and starting late is part of the allure.

Comment

Working...
                      X