Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
View Poll Results: Who wins right now at 154?
Miguel Cotto 18 31.03%
Manny Pacquiao 40 68.97%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Thread Navigation

Old 12-05-2012, 06:35 AM
B-Bomber
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 3 B-Bomber has a reputation beyond reputeB-Bomber has a reputation beyond reputeB-Bomber has a reputation beyond reputeB-Bomber has a reputation beyond reputeB-Bomber has a reputation beyond reputeB-Bomber has a reputation beyond reputeB-Bomber has a reputation beyond reputeB-Bomber has a reputation beyond reputeB-Bomber has a reputation beyond reputeB-Bomber has a reputation beyond reputeB-Bomber has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 26,168.28

I think we'll have to wait until saturday.

Manny is the better overall fighter, he is faster of hand and foot, he has better power, reflexes and killer instinct.

Cotto is better as a boxer.

Now, Manny would normally be the favorite, but he is not the same fighter he used to be.
In my opinion, he looked really bad in his latest bout.
Among other things, Bradley had a broken foot, hence a limited mobility for most of the fight. A prime Pacman would have probably Ko'ed most opponents in such circumstances.

In other words, I think Pac wins, unless he is more shot than Cotto is.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 12-05-2012, 07:33 AM
Reloaded
sucks floyd's clinkers

Rep Power: 0 Reloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these partsReloaded is infamous around these parts
Total Points: 1,000,236,186.49
Be Joyful - Gift Giver one of the best pactard destroyers on nsb - I'm so sorry owning pactarcds left and right, too e z - I'm so sorry This guy can't even speak proper English, worst poster on NSB. - Perro You've earned yourself a medal. By far the biggest retard on the forum, you have the worst grammer and punctuation I've ever seen. I actually believe you were dropped on your head as a child. I a apologize if you actually are autistic. You give Floyd - I'm so sorry 
Brandon &quot;Cash Cow&quot; Rios - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Bam Bam baby! - Warrios Brandon 'Cash Cow' Rios - Warrios Brandon 'El Dinero de Vaca' Rios - Warrios 

Quote:
Originally Posted by RINGG View Post
Cotto was competitive against Pacquiao, he just couldn't handle Manny's power.
Mayweather doesn't have that power and Trout hasn't shown that power. I think the result would be the same.
Then why dont he fight Cotto without a CW , he must think its too hard and he might lose or he would not walk away on weight issues , how you guys IGNORE weight and ignore that Manny is very aware of weight is beyond me , he wanted Cotto , first choice Cotto , and says no on weight WHY !!!
Old 12-05-2012, 09:09 PM
samouraļ
Le cercle rouge

Rep Power: 12 samouraļ has a reputation beyond reputesamouraļ has a reputation beyond reputesamouraļ has a reputation beyond reputesamouraļ has a reputation beyond reputesamouraļ has a reputation beyond reputesamouraļ has a reputation beyond reputesamouraļ has a reputation beyond reputesamouraļ has a reputation beyond reputesamouraļ has a reputation beyond reputesamouraļ has a reputation beyond reputesamouraļ has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,000,300,179,594.91
Sorry I had to insert this inside you - robust_ and this - robust_ Still crying over my comments about rap, and now the red K I gave you, so here's some tissues for you to dry those peeps - takingaim 

This is just a bad style matchup for Cotto. He may still get stopped.
Old 12-05-2012, 09:12 PM
-DSG-
Matthysse will KO Garcia

Rep Power: 15 -DSG- has a reputation beyond repute-DSG- has a reputation beyond repute-DSG- has a reputation beyond repute-DSG- has a reputation beyond repute-DSG- has a reputation beyond repute-DSG- has a reputation beyond repute-DSG- has a reputation beyond repute-DSG- has a reputation beyond repute-DSG- has a reputation beyond repute-DSG- has a reputation beyond repute-DSG- has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 325,680,350,704.81

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl Hickey View Post
Cotto would get Hattoned early.

Cotto is Hatton level

deal wit it, ricans
lol u wish ricky fatton was on cottos level! ricky would have gotten his man hood taken against cotto
Old 12-05-2012, 09:52 PM
AssasinKing
UNITED

Rep Power: 20 AssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond reputeAssasinKing has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 366,107,828,078.68
Total Points: 376,107,857,466.07
Starting your collection, mate - mangler jr Scholes! - Dem Eyes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kev- View Post
Well here's my take. I think Cotto fights much more competitively than he did in 2009 at the catchweight of 145, but loses a decision this time. He would show an improvement from the weightdrained Cotto but still lose. Probably gets outworked.
Yes the weight drained cotto who weighed in at 146 for 2 previous WW fights before pac...of course
Old 12-05-2012, 11:37 PM
Brother Jay
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Brother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these parts
Bank: 2,755,924,135.61
Total Points: 3,755,948,091.46
you deserve a kick for your racism and bigotry - Freedom. Posts of steel! - Kenny MF Powers on the real! - Body Movin' Owning retards daily. Its like a movie... - Kenny MF Powers respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil 
Extreme ownage in textbook fashion of any Pactards who even attempt to step to the plate - Primera To truth and the art of verisimilitude. - WESS Absolute Beast. - ToPRaNK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Kev- View Post
The Cotto that fought competitively against Mayweather and Trout, and didn't suffer any knock downs or was ever badly hurt to the point where you could say he was on queer street, versus the Pacquiao from now; at 154, no catchweight.

Who wins?
Cotto loses and continues to lose against top opposition until he changes his trainer.

Cotto has the tools but his trainer has him fighting so one dimensional that he lacks the variety to mix things up and make things interesting.

I personally think that Buddy McGirt would change Cotto for the better. What he did with Tarver's style and career would ultimately work well with Cotto's style and approach to the science.

Buddy would put an emphasis on fundamentals and better use and range of weapons. If Cotto could get back to a stick and jab approach and not cling to the stand and trade method I think he'd be back in the running in no time.