Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-29-2012, 12:43 AM
Genius~
No easy way out

Rep Power: 38 Genius~ has a reputation beyond reputeGenius~ has a reputation beyond reputeGenius~ has a reputation beyond reputeGenius~ has a reputation beyond reputeGenius~ has a reputation beyond reputeGenius~ has a reputation beyond reputeGenius~ has a reputation beyond reputeGenius~ has a reputation beyond reputeGenius~ has a reputation beyond reputeGenius~ has a reputation beyond reputeGenius~ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: -6,821,410,660,093,039.00
Total Points: -6,820,510,659,935,395.00
No Message - Pretty Boy32 No Message - Pretty Boy32 No Message - Pretty Boy32 No Message - Pretty Boy32 No Message - Pretty Boy32 
No Message - Pretty Boy32 thanks for your contribution to the thread - robson24 thank you UG - Ogecca MaMa Not Guilty - Own3d May luck be ever in your favor - Hyper Knuckles 
No Message - -jose- biggest wannabe on boxingscene. Wipe the sneeze from under your nose - Weltschmerz kick this wannabe alpha male - Weltschmerz delusional twat suck on this - Weltschmerz post your own picture, midget faqqot ass - Weltschmerz 
kick this retarded cretin - Weltschmerz what a legend - sugarsmosley I made out with this guy's mom. - AnnunakiJesus for when you suck dick - -Weltschmerz- Ballsy.lets do it. - Scott-Weiland 
Hepatitis C - Spray_resistant Gay and Lesbian Pride - SILVA Gay and Lesbian Pride - KirbyLovesTacos 

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlieg View Post
Marquez is 39 years old. Pacquiao needs to just go to war with him.

This is what Katsidis did, and Marquez was on his ass. Now, Katsidis did end up getting knocked out, but he's smaller, doesn't hit so hard, and has next-to-no defensive movement.

Pacquiao just needs to make this a high pressure fight, no more letting Marquez work at 35 shots a round - if Pacquiao can make Marquez work at 50+ shots a round, he'll be spent by the later rounds. He felt the pace in the 3rd fight, is carrying more muscle, and will simply wilt under a combination of the power, pace, and pressure Pacquiao can put on him. Something like what Pacquiao did to Bradley rounds 2-6.

If you are in a fighters face, not letting up, and you also use a bit of defense to make them miss, you can really force a fighter to work way harder than he's used to. Rios Alvarado - Rios was forcing Alvarado to work at 100+ shots a round, because Rios was working pretty well defensively (occasional lapses aside) and Alvarado was forced to work at that rate to be competitive.

Pacquiao _can_ do this to Marquez, because Marquez is not the hardest guy to hit if you are close to him. However, this needs the desire and will of a younger Pacquiao and politician Pacquiao simply might not fancy it.
That's what I think.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-29-2012, 11:17 AM
woopwoop
Contender

Rep Power: 3 woopwoop has a reputation beyond reputewoopwoop has a reputation beyond reputewoopwoop has a reputation beyond reputewoopwoop has a reputation beyond reputewoopwoop has a reputation beyond reputewoopwoop has a reputation beyond reputewoopwoop has a reputation beyond reputewoopwoop has a reputation beyond reputewoopwoop has a reputation beyond reputewoopwoop has a reputation beyond reputewoopwoop has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 32,478.04

Quote:
Originally Posted by woopwoop View Post
@ 3:37 is the perfect example of what i'm talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk3HLOfPEyQ

Marquez found a way to hide from Manny's left hand during his survival mode in the first round of their first fight and have been applying it ever since,

Marquez is a great boxer, but he is not a master boxer some people or his die hard fans perceived him to be, he just found a way to hide from Manny's left. that is why Shot to pieces Barrera Knock him down, many fans thinks shot Barrera won that fight. i think prime Barrera beats him.

mediocre Katsidis knock him down as well, Juan Diaz who is known to be feather fisted bullied and wobbled him.

and Floyd toyed with him, and spare me the wt advantage BS. Floyd did not even take advantage of his size advantage (scared to take risk), if he did he would have KOed Marquez, he just boxed his ears off.

why did Marquez had a hard time with these fighters? because they are all orthodox, there is no southpaw stance that he can use to "hide".
Old 11-29-2012, 12:16 PM
ELPacman
LEGENDARY

Rep Power: 112 ELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond reputeELPacman has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,111,715,937.64
please vote richloc for mod in 2008 - Left Hook Tua manny money pacquiao - Tha_Greatest money pakyow - sugarsmosley 
Send a message via AIM to ELPacman Send a message via MSN to ELPacman

Pacquiao had his best moments when he was just attacking recklessly and Marquez had no chance to time him or predict him. When Pacquiao slowed down to Marquez's pace, it let Marquez settle into his rythme of counter punching and timing Pacquiao's in and outs. At this age, I'm not sure Pacquiao can be his old, wild, reckless self. I think Pacquiao has decided he wants to box moreso than bang when possible and that won't favor him against Marquez.
My only suggestion is attack, attack, attack. Don't let up or give Marquez a chance to settle in to his rythme. Other than that, I don't see Pac having much better luck when we've already seen how he deals with Marquez's style when he settles down...