Boxing Forum
  Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Non Boxing Talk > Boxing Scene Lounge
Register Blogs Chat Arcade Groups Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2012, 04:38 PM
!! Anorak
I'm just joking

Rep Power: 21575 !! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 40,720,849,031,554.03
Total Points: 41,320,849,355,817.78
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest lmao you a funny cvnt - Alx. It's no kick to the gash, but consider it a consolation of sorts. - Bossy 
Love from Tuggers xxx - RayCharles thanks for the green! you bumped me up one :fing02: - jose830 lparm has once again defeated, in The Thunderdome, and the was banned. Here is a beer for you, in celebration ol' chap. Cheers. - Fistic cheers for the green and top top poster fella! - HUGH JASS Cheers Big Ears! Lets celebrate your e career! There is no krpytonite against you! - Master Cvnt 
For a BScene legend - jazluvr Bloody hilarious - golden247 Cheers! - Boxing Goat Faggot - AL YANKAB*TCH Glad your back, brother - MELLY-MEL... 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - BritishBoxing92 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - BritishBoxing92 Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Tha_Greatest Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Tha_Greatest Gay and Lesbian Pride - Dan-O-Mac 
Default The ten boxers that have disappointed me most in modern times...

... no particular order.

Andre Chinto

I was a big Chinto fan when he was on the way up, I thought "sky's the limit for this fat ****ing Yank." But he seemed to hit a ceiling surprisingly early, a point where it was "that's it, no more progression". He was a guy who looked slick and then... nothing.

From there it was just a small step to failing drugs tests, getting his eyes made into two arseholes and getting out-gutted by Victor "I'm a boxer, I'm not supposed to be getting hit by punches" Ortiz.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:42 PM
!! Anorak
I'm just joking

Rep Power: 21575 !! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute!! Anorak has a reputation beyond repute
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest No Message - Tha_Greatest lmao you a funny cvnt - Alx. It's no kick to the gash, but consider it a consolation of sorts. - Bossy 
Love from Tuggers xxx - RayCharles thanks for the green! you bumped me up one :fing02: - jose830 lparm has once again defeated, in The Thunderdome, and the was banned. Here is a beer for you, in celebration ol' chap. Cheers. - Fistic cheers for the green and top top poster fella! - HUGH JASS Cheers Big Ears! Lets celebrate your e career! There is no krpytonite against you! - Master Cvnt 
For a BScene legend - jazluvr Bloody hilarious - golden247 Cheers! - Boxing Goat Faggot - AL YANKAB*TCH Glad your back, brother - MELLY-MEL... 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - BritishBoxing92 Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - BritishBoxing92 Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Tha_Greatest Myasthenia Gravis - Ovarian Cancer - Sexual Assault - Substance Abuse - Tha_Greatest Gay and Lesbian Pride - Dan-O-Mac 

David Haye

I argued with my Classic brethren over Haye's chances against Wladski, being called a homer for giving Haye a 34% chance of victory. In a way he lived up to my take on the fight by going the distance.... in another way he made me look a cunt by refusing to go out on his shield, and then embarrassingly going straight into talk of his toe. You wanna talk about your toe, David, make sure it's asking me to give you a toe job (no homo), not making excuses and making yourself look a total cunt.

You know what really let him down though? Thinking he was capable of competing with Wladski....................... with an extra long beard. FFS David, the guy's got a Roman nose and chiselled cheekbones, what the FUCK were you thinking? Thankfully his fight against The Chisel and his reality show experience have seen him rise back up the P4P dish rankings.
Old 11-25-2012, 04:44 PM
!! Anorak
I'm just joking

Joan Guzman

I used to love Joan at one stage... I was a Guzfan, you might say. But even despite all the weight issues, this is a guy who has successfully made a career "hiding between the cracks". The guy's negotiated a way up through the divisions fighting the point of least possible resistance so often I'd swear he was Welsh.

This guy had all the potential in the world... but was content to piss up a rope. **** you, Joan.

Last edited by !! Anorak; 11-25-2012 at 04:47 PM..
Old 11-25-2012, 04:50 PM
!! Anorak
I'm just joking

Junior Witter

If I post in NSB, I get the obligatory "ur a brit, u fink hatun is beta than ray robensun" stuff. But I don't take pride in UK fighters, I consider myself a citizen of the world. Yet.... I do take shame in 'em.

Win, lose, I don't care. But make a cunt of yourself and part of me does feel a mild patriotric sense of shame. There's no shame in losing a fight. But there's shame in going "eh up, me elbow's reet 'urtin'... pull us out of fight, I quit, pet."

FFS. I've never laced 'em up, but this is my favourite (favorite, Fat Yanks) fighter in action:

Old 11-25-2012, 04:54 PM
!! Anorak
I'm just joking

Arthur Abraham

One of the weirdest NSB experiences I had was being called a "homer" for predicting Abraham would beat Miranda in the rematch. (Miranda being such a dumb **** he couldn't even beat Abraham with his jaw hanging off, of course). It was bizarre to me that someone would think I identity with an Armenian fighting out of Germany because we're both "euros". Never got that at all. England and Germany didn't really get on so well, esp. in the 40s.

Anyway, Abraham was the hard-punching middleweight who had such enormous, outrageous heart he'd fight seven rounds with his jaw hanging on his balls.

Fast forward a few years and he's the guy who takes cheap shots, constantly pretends to be hit in the nuts, and is so out of his depth at SMW he makes Carl Froch look like Sugar Ray Leonard. Arthur, where did it all go wrong?

Five more later, I need to think...
Old 11-25-2012, 05:51 PM
ciscofromoc
Contender

Rep Power: 10 ciscofromoc has a reputation beyond reputeciscofromoc has a reputation beyond reputeciscofromoc has a reputation beyond reputeciscofromoc has a reputation beyond reputeciscofromoc has a reputation beyond reputeciscofromoc has a reputation beyond reputeciscofromoc has a reputation beyond reputeciscofromoc has a reputation beyond reputeciscofromoc has a reputation beyond reputeciscofromoc has a reputation beyond reputeciscofromoc has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 500,032,474.43

It has got to be Panchito Bojado, dude was so hyped and you could tell he had the skills to be elite, but he just didn't have it in him, or didn't love the sport.
Old 11-25-2012, 06:00 PM
Cupo303
Stevenson is neXt

Rep Power: 40 Cupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond reputeCupo303 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 9,478,076,115,866.19
Total Points: 12,543,253,197,260.57
have a beer - AL YANKAB*TCH Wladimir Klitschko the WBA WBO IBF IBO Ring Champion - Freedom. Happy 5k posts, to one of the more intelligent posters! - *Boss Lady* Happy 5015th post! - Flab One of the best posters out there - Superflo777 
one of boxingscene's best - Freedom. one of the best - sugarsmosley 
Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - bearman3000 

Arcelino Freitas. I hate that guy. His post-fight victory cries with his wife always made me want to see him get TKO's into a coma. It was like every fight on showtime, the camera was focused on to his wife's concerned expression even though he was pummeling the other opponent.

That is until he ran into the warrior Chico Corrales and had his soul taken. The Juan Diaz stoppage loss was just icing on cake.

Ooops, I mistook this thread for fighters we all can't stand, not including mainstreams like Mayweather.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:11 PM
New England
Heavy Duty

Rep Power: 96 New England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond reputeNew England has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 80,032,568,046,445.70
Total Points: 86,035,249,676,548.06
consistently excellent posts that always strike to the heart of the matter - It's Ovah Congrats on 3000 First Class Posts buddy! - The Surgeon Merry Christmas - The Surgeon for a great poster! - sweetpea87 Drinks on me brother - BoxingGenius27 
I hate boxing too, lmaaoooooooooooo - Sweet Pea 50 thanks for the green...always enjoy reading your post...green you once I can again... - jose830 great poster award - jazluvr Merry Christmas bro. Kick back and enjoy. Surround yourself with your loved ones and have a cold one. - deanrw Happy Holidays  New England - !! AI-Holmes!! 
Ma nigguh, you should come to Ol' England. - D-MiZe for entering the weed thread! - HUGH JASS BoxingScene's Educator-in-chief - Dr Rumack i didn't know you live in that area affected, my heart goes out to you...stay strong homie - jose830 #freeNewEnglang - thuggery 
Coming home on parole brew. - Sweet Pea 50 top poster and cool story in my thread of how you first joined boxingscene. - HUGH JASS happy independence day you zulu warrior!!! - HUGH JASS For the fitness and nutrition advice, thanks. - jas A top poster - jas 
Childhood Cancer - khepesh Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - jazluvr World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jose830 Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jose830 World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - -jose- Childhood Cancer - sugarsmosley 

andre chinto!

i almost looked him up. i swear to god. until i read the ortiz bit i thought he was some limey from before my time.
Old 11-25-2012, 07:16 PM
talip bin osman
angst and revenge

Rep Power: 26 talip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond reputetalip bin osman has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,071,151,203,143.17
great poster - MaD vEiN prolific poster - Jerub_Baal thank you talip merry christmas - the collector Happy holidays bro! - led* Season's Greetings - Freedom. 
Welcome to the ranks - Terrel 

Quote:
Originally Posted by !! Anorak View Post
Joan Guzman

I used to love Joan at one stage... I was a Guzfan, you might say. But even despite all the weight issues, this is a guy who has successfully made a career "hiding between the cracks". The guy's negotiated a way up through the divisions fighting the point of least possible resistance so often I'd swear he was Welsh.

This guy had all the potential in the world... but was content to piss up a rope. **** you, Joan.
oh yeah... great post...
Old 11-25-2012, 07:30 PM
BetterCallSaul
Shot!

Rep Power: 36 BetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond reputeBetterCallSaul has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 69,780,813,403.88
Total Points: 109,800,902,768.87
'Dr Boring' LMAO!!!! - Chunk Funny stuff. - The RealDeal No Message - murfbreak3r Poster of the month award! - The Surgeon Knows what is good for the sport. - deanrw 
Enjoy - rorymac Happy Easter, some e-choccie for you :D - Bossy 

Amir Khan.

Not because he has lost two fights in a row, but because he can find an excuse for almost anything.

If Khan failed to open a jar of Mayonnaise he's find an excuse for it. "We never worked on Hellmans with Roach, he always used the kid friendly squeezy bottles on offer at Bolton poundland."