Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 11-21-2012, 01:34 AM
hr186
Up and Comer

Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 1,012,179.21

Quote:
Originally Posted by mannyman View Post
I spar with my coach quite often. He's the former WBO & IBO cruiserweight titleist. He's got 20 years on me and although I'm in decent shape and pretty quick he kicks my arse. It's difficult really, as I probably show him too much respect (which he's earned). Anyhow, he's in great condition and is still able to box my head off!
Mate i'm in the same situation, my trainer is 58 and i've never seen anyone get the better of him. He seems to be able to keep that extra few inches away to miss your punches and that extra few inches inside to crowd your punches ust enough so that you can't get them off very well. He doesn't look like much at all but we like to say that he has a 3rd hand, you can't see it coming. Just goes to show that experience can mean everything.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-21-2012, 04:12 AM
NVSemin
Contender

Rep Power: 5 NVSemin has a reputation beyond reputeNVSemin has a reputation beyond reputeNVSemin has a reputation beyond reputeNVSemin has a reputation beyond reputeNVSemin has a reputation beyond reputeNVSemin has a reputation beyond reputeNVSemin has a reputation beyond reputeNVSemin has a reputation beyond reputeNVSemin has a reputation beyond reputeNVSemin has a reputation beyond reputeNVSemin has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 15,913.04

I did!

Two rounds

Fisrt round I was quite ok, but the guy was simply testing me by exposing himself. Of course, he was covered, but I looked more active.

In the second round he figured me out, so I was basically running, defending until I got sever body shot. Fight was over
Old 11-21-2012, 05:17 AM
maenyfresh
Contender

Rep Power: 5 maenyfresh has a reputation beyond reputemaenyfresh has a reputation beyond reputemaenyfresh has a reputation beyond reputemaenyfresh has a reputation beyond reputemaenyfresh has a reputation beyond reputemaenyfresh has a reputation beyond reputemaenyfresh has a reputation beyond reputemaenyfresh has a reputation beyond reputemaenyfresh has a reputation beyond reputemaenyfresh has a reputation beyond reputemaenyfresh has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 5,000,034,294.43

No i havnt sparred a pro. When we use to spar as amatures and i had the great opportunity to train alongside national champs, we sparred with 12oz gloves all the time. It was no joke, was a bit sad that i got into boxing late compared to the other guys coz they where so ahead of me and had a lot to catch up. I personally wouldnt like sparring with 16oz too big and makes me feel like am hitting all over the place, harder to pin point target areas.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:12 AM
Bingo33
Amateur

Total Points: 1,024.98
Default Yes, I did

I sparred with many top fighters back in NYC in the seventies. Most took it easy on me and I learned a lot. There were only one or two *******s who had to prove that a pro can beat an amateur. Avoid them. Don't be anyone's punching bag and if your trainer allows it....find a new trainer....one that cares about your brain cells.