Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-20-2012, 08:29 AM
intoccabile
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 15 intoccabile has a reputation beyond reputeintoccabile has a reputation beyond reputeintoccabile has a reputation beyond reputeintoccabile has a reputation beyond reputeintoccabile has a reputation beyond reputeintoccabile has a reputation beyond reputeintoccabile has a reputation beyond reputeintoccabile has a reputation beyond reputeintoccabile has a reputation beyond reputeintoccabile has a reputation beyond reputeintoccabile has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 101,661,869.54
for you son - Lakas for your boyfriend - Lakas 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Lakas Gay and Lesbian Pride - Lakas Gay and Lesbian Pride - Lakas 
Send a message via AIM to intoccabile Send a message via Yahoo to intoccabile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper417 View Post
Oh You must be talking about the same Judah that Mathhyse lost a split decision to. Is that the one?
We're talking about the same Judah that Garcia fights nothing alike.

Danny gets hit, a lot, not good. His ability to plant his feet and punch WITH his man is what makes him special, and why guys are timid when engaging. He is willing to take a hit to land one. He plants his feed, squares up, and swings WITH you. Not AFTER you (like most counter punches when you miss) but WITH you. That's a deadly man to fight with. It looks simple, and it looks bad.. but it's absolutely terrifying to beat. Especially when his return fire is so wild and loopy. He likes to 'exchange'.

Abner Mares fights the same way, it got him a W against Moreno (though, he did a LOT more engaging than usual. They knew exactly how to beat Chemito)

Lucas and Rios aren't light on their feet, they won't move in and out. When they move in to punch, and danny throws with them, they WILL be hit. I can see Rios getting put to bed in these exchanges, Lucas on the other hand, I can see him hurting Danny really bad. He'd come to the body first and make danny a little respectful. Good body attack instantly makes an exchange fighter like that a bit shy to let the hands go at the same time. Not to mention Lucas has the power to shut the lights out if he hands first, and a HELL of a chin (took the famous judah AND alexander uppercuts and didn't even blink)

Last edited by intoccabile; 11-20-2012 at 08:31 AM.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-20-2012, 08:47 AM
Chopper417
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 5 Chopper417 has a reputation beyond reputeChopper417 has a reputation beyond reputeChopper417 has a reputation beyond reputeChopper417 has a reputation beyond reputeChopper417 has a reputation beyond reputeChopper417 has a reputation beyond reputeChopper417 has a reputation beyond reputeChopper417 has a reputation beyond reputeChopper417 has a reputation beyond reputeChopper417 has a reputation beyond reputeChopper417 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,031,108.74

Quote:
Originally Posted by intoccabile View Post

Danny gets hit, a lot, not good. His ability to plant his feet and punch WITH his man is what makes him special, and why guys are timid when engaging. He is willing to take a hit to land one. He plants his feed, squares up, and swings WITH you. Not AFTER you (like most counter punches when you miss) but WITH you. That's a deadly man to fight with. It looks simple, and it looks bad.. but it's absolutely terrifying to beat. Especially when his return fire is so wild and loopy. He likes to 'exchange'.

Abner Mares fights the same way, it got him a W against Moreno (though, he did a LOT more engaging than usual. They knew exactly how to beat Chemito)

Lucas and Rios aren't light on their feet, they won't move in and out. When they move in to punch, and danny throws with them, they WILL be hit. I can see Rios getting put to bed in these exchanges, Lucas on the other hand, I can see him hurting Danny really bad. He'd come to the body first and make danny a little respectful. Good body attack instantly makes an exchange fighter like that a bit shy to let the hands go at the same time. Not to mention Lucas has the power to shut the lights out if he hands first, and a HELL of a chin (took the famous judah AND alexander uppercuts and didn't even blink)
Very well put and I completely agree with everything you mention. My point is that as good as Matthyse is, he gets completely overrated on these boards. If someone who knew nothing about boxing read a Matthyse thread on here they would legitimately think that he was a top 10 p4p fighter afterwards. Matthyse is a very good fighter, tough as nails, and fun to watch, but at some point we have to be honest with ourselves, who is this guys best win? I mean yeah I think he beat Alexander, but at the end of the day the judges didn't.

I think that Matthyse is a very tough fight for Garcia. But Matthyse has done absolutely nothing to make me believe that this won't be a VERY close fight, and one that Garcia can absolutely win.
Old 11-20-2012, 08:55 AM
.:: JSFD26 ::.
Brawski

Rep Power: 68 .:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,202,437,446,097,488.75
Total Points: 1,309,337,446,134,954.50
Haters gonna hate..... - Atreyu Khalil The Ambassador, hahahaha - MalikKnucklez thank you for taking time to post on my thread - robson24 every man deserves a superman, specially a good honest bloke like yourself :) - Alx. talented poster - I'm so sorry 
thanks for payment :beerchug: - jose830 enjoy - mathed knowledgeable poster - thuggery Cheers - dan_cov Socio - CubanGuyNYC 
Cult of Rigo!!! For Life!!!!!! We Here Baby!!! - Cubanborn87 we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA godtthysse is a beast - thuggery Great Sig run Danny - handwraps 
4th place - Boxingscene predictorship challenge. - dan_cov :beerchug: - -jose- matty ice - sugarsmosley CUBAN BOXING SCHOOL!!! :( - f4314n68 For the tears. - Jalisciense909 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper417
Quote:

Originally Posted by intoccabile

Very well put and I completely agree with everything you mention. My point is that as good as Matthyse is, he gets completely overrated on these boards. If someone who knew nothing about boxing read a Matthyse thread on here they would legitimately think that he was a top 10 p4p fighter afterwards. Matthyse is a very good fighter, tough as nails, and fun to watch, but at some point we have to be honest with ourselves, who is this guys best win? I mean yeah I think he beat Alexander, but at the end of the day the judges didn't.

I think that Matthyse is a very tough fight for Garcia. But Matthyse has done absolutely nothing to make me believe that this won't be a VERY close fight, and one that Garcia can absolutely win.
If he hadn't been robbed he WOULDVE been top 10 p4p so whats your point?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
Old 11-20-2012, 09:11 AM
Chopper417
Interim Champion

Rep Power: 5 Chopper417 has a reputation beyond reputeChopper417 has a reputation beyond reputeChopper417 has a reputation beyond reputeChopper417 has a reputation beyond reputeChopper417 has a reputation beyond reputeChopper417 has a reputation beyond reputeChopper417 has a reputation beyond reputeChopper417 has a reputation beyond reputeChopper417 has a reputation beyond reputeChopper417 has a reputation beyond reputeChopper417 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 100,031,108.74

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsfd26 View Post

So u think Matthysse is a top 10 p4p fighter?
Old 11-20-2012, 09:13 AM
kiaba360
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 26 kiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond reputekiaba360 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 94,039,732,115,607.56
Total Points: 157,539,732,117,268.59
can't green you again, so here's a beer. - chiguy91 Couldn't return any green so I thought a gift would suffice - mathed For making a habit out of making sense. Thumbs up! - CubanGuyNYC For finishing 3rd in Season 3 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation merry christmas - the collector 
2nd place - Boxingscene predictorship challenge. - dan_cov Thanks for the good karma dude =] - Tyler_Durden Enjoy a beer with your winnings! :) - Tyler_Durden Great goddamn pick here's some cake to go along with your winnings. - DannYankee09 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOBYLEE1 View Post
After Judah, Garcia has to step it up to one of the top guys in the division. My guess if he beats Judah they will go after Hatton, Guzman, Alvarado, Peterson, a rematch with Khan or even a fight against Gamboa or Broner. Garcia looks very beatable and has some type of marketbility so I can see these guys going after him.

BS fights would be against Alexander, Malignaggi or Paul McKloskey. Meaningless fights that won't do crap for the sport.

I don't see the Garcia people going after Rios or Matthysse unless they are force to do so.
Hatton/Alvarado/Khan shouldn't be in the discussion. After Judah, Garcia should fight Matthysse, winner of Guzman/Allakhverdiev, or Peterson. Anybody else would be unacceptable.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:17 AM
BennyST
Shhhh...

Rep Power: 60 BennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond reputeBennyST has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 2,055,354,114,964.68
Total Points: 52,085,587,223,833.37
drink up buddy - mgkirkpatrick You're a great poster - Clegg cheers....great poster. - MELLY-MEL... To a cool guy - Stoppage for being a heavyweight in history section - led 
top poster - IronMike* Best Post award,,, and Geen K - McGoorty one of boxingscene's sh1ttiest posters - Freedom. Easily one of boxingscene's best!! - JAB5239 7,000 posts! - Scott9945 
Happy holidays bro! - led* you deserve a kick for your hatred of the Klitschkos - Freedom. Superb post. - dan_cov 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Freedom Fighter 

I don't think anyone would murk anyone at the top five 140 division. It's stacked and they're all very good fighters. No one is going to destroy anyone, including Garcia. He's an excellent fight who is hard to beat because he fights and punches when the opponent is most vulnerable. He's more skilled than people think, but he does have his flaws that can be exploited.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:23 AM
SnakeVen0m
The Voice of Reason

Rep Power: 22 SnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond reputeSnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond reputeSnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond reputeSnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond reputeSnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond reputeSnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond reputeSnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond reputeSnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond reputeSnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond reputeSnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond reputeSnakeVen0m has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,972,914,595,506.90
Total Points: 2,013,114,698,841.27
just cause you a philly boy - SpeedKillz Philly!!! - Mr. Philadel Team Swift! - Mr. Philadel Just playing bro :fing02: - Rapid Counter Nice HOF Avi pic! - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyST View Post
I don't think anyone would murk anyone at the top five 140 division. It's stacked and they're all very good fighters. No one is going to destroy anyone, including Garcia. He's an excellent fight who is hard to beat because he fights and punches when the opponent is most vulnerable. He's more skilled than people think, but he does have his flaws that can be exploited.
This^^^ /end thread.
Old 11-20-2012, 09:36 AM
Brawski

Rep Power: 68 .:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute.:: JSFD26 ::. has a reputation beyond repute
Haters gonna hate..... - Atreyu Khalil The Ambassador, hahahaha - MalikKnucklez thank you for taking time to post on my thread - robson24 every man deserves a superman, specially a good honest bloke like yourself :) - Alx. talented poster - I'm so sorry 
thanks for payment :beerchug: - jose830 enjoy - mathed knowledgeable poster - thuggery Cheers - dan_cov Socio - CubanGuyNYC 
Cult of Rigo!!! For Life!!!!!! We Here Baby!!! - Cubanborn87 we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA we'd be better off without this troll - ROSS CALIFORNIA godtthysse is a beast - thuggery Great Sig run Danny - handwraps 
4th place - Boxingscene predictorship challenge. - dan_cov :beerchug: - -jose- matty ice - sugarsmosley CUBAN BOXING SCHOOL!!! :( - f4314n68 For the tears. - Jalisciense909 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopper417
Quote:

Originally Posted by jsfd26

So u think Matthysse is a top 10 p4p fighter?
Yes I do, if he hadn't been robbed twice. Whether you think he was robbed or not that's totally different discussion.

Old 11-20-2012, 09:38 AM
Brawski

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyST
Khan was murked, just saying... Not sure you have a very good point. Not sure what Ajose was ranked but Matthysse murked him.

Old 11-20-2012, 10:00 AM
Brother Jay
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Brother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these partsBrother Jay is infamous around these parts
Bank: 2,755,924,135.61
Total Points: 3,755,947,420.46
you deserve a kick for your racism and bigotry - Freedom. Posts of steel! - Kenny MF Powers on the real! - Body Movin' Owning retards daily. Its like a movie... - Kenny MF Powers respect you as a poster, keep it up champ! - Atreyu Khalil 
Extreme ownage in textbook fashion of any Pactards who even attempt to step to the plate - Primera To truth and the art of verisimilitude. - WESS Absolute Beast. - ToPRaNK 

I have grown to really like Danny Garcia.

That said, if he and Matthysse ever meet in the ring, I'm picking Matthysse.

I think Danny is a solid fighter and he's definitely improving. I just think that the tools that Matthysse is blessed with outweigh what Garcia has to work with.

If Garcia made the mistake of letting Matthysse get into the rhythm that he let Khan get into, I think Danny would would get hurt.

Plus, Danny seems to like to stand and trade. I don't see him doing that against Matthysse and getting the better of the exchanges.

I could be wrong as Danny has silenced quite a few critics, but Morales was definitely a geriatric pug and Khan was always overrated and had a suspect chin.

Matthysse just seems to be more solid than both and he definitely IMHO packs a hell of a lot more power.

I'd love to see that as Bam Bam just doesn't do it for the boxing fan in me.