Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing
Thread Navigation

Old 11-18-2012, 10:05 PM
sicko
Floyd's Semen Collector

Rep Power: 20 sicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond reputesicko has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,002,207,957.01
good posts, here's a gift. - chiguy91 Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - chiguy91 

But I want to see him show more BOXING SKILLS and he has it, I mean the guy is an Olympic Medal Winner so I know he can BOX, but the problem with a lot of American Heavyweights is that they try to be Mike Tyson and score impressive KO's...he will end up like Mitchell if he keeps collecting KO's against BUMS and not work on his BOXING SKILLS and get in some rounds and test his Cardio and see how long he can go, can he out-box an opponent and go that Distance

That is what I want to see...25 Fights and 25 KO's don't fukin impress me!

But Wilder has more of a boxing background then Mitchell so I think he will go further then Mitchell but I could see him getting Knocked Out once he steps up competition if he doesn't try to become more a complete fighter and stop worrying about collecting KO's
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-18-2012, 10:16 PM
Sun Diego
Mighty Hot

Rep Power: 6 Sun Diego has a reputation beyond reputeSun Diego has a reputation beyond reputeSun Diego has a reputation beyond reputeSun Diego has a reputation beyond reputeSun Diego has a reputation beyond reputeSun Diego has a reputation beyond reputeSun Diego has a reputation beyond reputeSun Diego has a reputation beyond reputeSun Diego has a reputation beyond reputeSun Diego has a reputation beyond reputeSun Diego has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 4,063,236.91
Total Points: 496,843,634.98
Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - codey 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jel View Post
Nope. You got the right person and I 100% agree with you. If he don't step it up like now, it probably mean he's either 1-with a extremely bad team or 2-they are hiding something like a glass jaw.

Either way you are right. It's pretty much now or forget it. So we will see.
Well here's the thing, I don't mind up and comer's fighting some unknowns here and there as long as we get to see him progress in every fight and settle into his own style of fighting. For example Mickey Garcia, hes fought nothing but tomato cans and yet he is still the same fighter from two years ago. Fighting all this unknown's is not helping him at all. Now take Broner as another example, he fought many unknown's as well but each time he steps into the ring he seems more comfortable and he has settle into his own style. By the time someone has 20+ fights they should be ready to step up to the next level of competition. Maybe not fighting world class top of the division fighters but at least well known names or what we call gate keepers. Just how I see it
Old 11-19-2012, 06:32 AM
Jel
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Jel has a spectacular aura aboutJel has a spectacular aura about
Total Points: 39,594.79

Andre Ward.
"""
the 2004 gold medalist and current top dog in the 168-pound weight class. Ward's first two bouts were with undefeated novices in four- and six-round fights. He stayed at the six-round level for two years, the eight-round level for another year, and started fighting ten-rounders in November 2007.

He did not advance to fighting his first tough fight until May 2009, when Ward took on Edison Miranda. Ward's almost five year development timeline is a bit longer than usual, but still within the bounds of normal expectation.""

Wilder is moving at the same exact pace actually and is only a Bronze Medalist.

Look at Ward now. Just something interesting I think people should read into.

Ward's developmental period is just as dire and slow as Wilder's.
In fact in 2006-2007, people were grumbling that Ward is just being fed cans and was taking it too slow.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:39 AM
ShoulderRoll
Ph.D in the Sweet Science

Rep Power: 42 ShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond reputeShoulderRoll has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 812,688,282,745,476.00
Total Points: 812,688,282,750,332.00
excellent posts mate - Alx. good post about Wlad being like Bute - RossCA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA To a good poster - ROSS CALIFORNIA brewed just 4 u - sugarsmosley 

Ward had an extensive amateur career though.

A better role model would be Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. who had about 40 fights or so before he was finally ready to step up to real competition. I personally wouldn't mind if Wilder took that much time to hone his craft and make up for the lack of amateur experience.
Old 11-19-2012, 06:54 AM
Superflo777
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 6 Superflo777 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperflo777 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperflo777 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperflo777 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperflo777 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperflo777 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperflo777 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperflo777 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperflo777 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperflo777 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperflo777 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 285,478,306,085.59
Total Points: 285,581,495,538.94
Happy New Year - Freedom. Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. 

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacon04 View Post
His skills are out of this world, I could see that when he beat Dustin Nichols.

Is Wilder the guy in the black trunks?
Old 11-19-2012, 07:01 AM
yoz
Yoz

Rep Power: 35 yoz has a reputation beyond reputeyoz has a reputation beyond reputeyoz has a reputation beyond reputeyoz has a reputation beyond reputeyoz has a reputation beyond reputeyoz has a reputation beyond reputeyoz has a reputation beyond reputeyoz has a reputation beyond reputeyoz has a reputation beyond reputeyoz has a reputation beyond reputeyoz has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 668,321,884,769,905.75
Total Points: 715,321,884,779,125.88
Mayweather vs Cotto: Predictor Champion. - Barnburner ye old good poster egg - Earl Hickey Thank you - codey For quick payment - FkDaHtrs For quick payment - FkDaHtrs 
Happy Christmas amigo - chav Good and objective poster! - Simurgh To put on when you suck the mods' collective cocks! - Arsene Knows Yoz...cool like the other side of the pillow - JAB5239 Merry Christmas &amp; Happy New Year - Freedom2013 
Merry Christmas! =] Thanks for the green k too! =] - Tyler_Durden little cunt put me on ignore, lol. - Weltschmerz pretend it's lennox you queer - Weltschmerz kick this faqqot - Weltschmerz thanks man - ROSS CALIFORNIA 
Thanks for the tip...lol - jazluvr smear this in your ugly face and suck a fat c0ck, slut - Rammstein 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - FkDaHtrs Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - FkDaHtrs Childhood Cancer - FkDaHtrs Arthritis - Child Abuse - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - Dystonia - Education - Free Speech - Interstitial Cystitis - ME/CFIDS - Reye's Syndrome - Save the Music - Teens Against Smoking - Victim's Rights - Water Quality - FkDaHtrs 

Must have a dodgy chin, then.

In all seriousness, though, the guy looks to have a pretty 'open' defence. He's been busted up several times in sparring.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:09 AM
Furn
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 14 Furn has a reputation beyond reputeFurn has a reputation beyond reputeFurn has a reputation beyond reputeFurn has a reputation beyond reputeFurn has a reputation beyond reputeFurn has a reputation beyond reputeFurn has a reputation beyond reputeFurn has a reputation beyond reputeFurn has a reputation beyond reputeFurn has a reputation beyond reputeFurn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 7,120,319,998,051.72
Total Points: 7,120,320,073,655.95
Khan's Army - Box-Office Funny stuff - hectari 

Nothing wrong with taking it slowly considering the guy only took up boxing in 05, but question is, does this guy have really poor management?

We have a 6"7 American heavyweight that 25-0 with 25 kos and has won an Olympic medal and yet every fight I've seen him in looks like it was filmed with a $30 Nokia phone camera.

Even fighting nobodies surely this guy can get on Espn or an undercard to a big fight? Just seems to me he's not getting the exposure he should.
Old 11-19-2012, 07:25 AM
Simurgh
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 Simurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond reputeSimurgh has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 102,048,098,810.28
Happy New Year - Freedom. one of boxingscene's best posters - Freedom. Merry Christmas &amp; Happy New Year - Freedom2013 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jel View Post
Do you really want me to link who Wladimir was fighting during his early days?

Do you? Do you wanna see the 'ferocious pig from Balkan" ? or the former MW?
Wald was 22 when he fought Zoran Vujicic who was unbeaten when they fought (of course he was a bum) but still...
And Wlad KOed him within 2 min..

Dude, you need to stop talking **** on every thread about K2. We got it, you don't like them.. move on!

Last edited by Simurgh; 11-19-2012 at 07:28 AM.
Old 11-19-2012, 08:23 AM
Mikhnienko
Lomachenko P4P#1

Rep Power: 29 Mikhnienko has a reputation beyond reputeMikhnienko has a reputation beyond reputeMikhnienko has a reputation beyond reputeMikhnienko has a reputation beyond reputeMikhnienko has a reputation beyond reputeMikhnienko has a reputation beyond reputeMikhnienko has a reputation beyond reputeMikhnienko has a reputation beyond reputeMikhnienko has a reputation beyond reputeMikhnienko has a reputation beyond reputeMikhnienko has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 18,947,309,922.61
Total Points: 30,157,926,987.76
You're alright, my dude - mangler jr thanx for link - Pullcounter Enjoy the fight! - Carnivore Cheers to Bute! - Klitschko2009 Thanks - Mangler Jewnior 
p4p poster - Dick Buffman For your undying love for Boxxy, a truly dedicated man lol! - Lorily ATG boxingscene poster - Freedom. funniest, classiest racist on here. - Ether 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - Artur Kyshenko Autism - Lorily 

Lulz Volodymyr also said that Mormeck was Tysonesque and had mentioned Mitchell as a legit contender. His words about Wilder means nothing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacon04 View Post
His skills are out of this world, I could see that when he beat Dustin Nichols.

I dislike showboating in general but to do it against a opponent like that is the most classless, disgracefull sh1t iv ever seen inside a ring. I officially hate Wilder for life now and will enjoy watching him get his glass jaw obliterated even more now, something which has almost already happened against such formitable boxers as Harold Sconiers