Bookmark Website  | Free Registration  | The Team
Boxing Champions |  Boxing Schedule |  Boxing Video  |  Boxing History   |  Pound For Pound  | Lounge  | The Wire |  Audio  | Arcade

Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Training & Nutrition
Thread Navigation

Old 11-16-2012, 05:21 PM
iseah100
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 6 iseah100 has a reputation beyond reputeiseah100 has a reputation beyond reputeiseah100 has a reputation beyond reputeiseah100 has a reputation beyond reputeiseah100 has a reputation beyond reputeiseah100 has a reputation beyond reputeiseah100 has a reputation beyond reputeiseah100 has a reputation beyond reputeiseah100 has a reputation beyond reputeiseah100 has a reputation beyond reputeiseah100 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 20,288,758,363.88
Total Points: 21,288,787,586.50
Default Fight advice?

Hey, so I'm fighting this Saturday and at my gym we're taught how to box slick. That's how the trainer is. Anyways the guy I'm fighting is gonna come full force the first round and bum rush me. That's how the guys I fight always are. So what should I do against a bum rusher? He throws wide looping shots, whenever they do that I panic and backpeadal and fight off the ropes and get the better of the exchanges but it looks bad. Any tips? Thanks.
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-16-2012, 05:25 PM
ElBossHogg™
Banned

Rep Power: 0 ElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond reputeElBossHogg™ has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 42,254,182,116.66
Total Points: 42,254,198,599.97
have a blue parallelogram - Jack Napier No Message - ElBossHogg boss poster - I'm so sorry gif maker king - HUGH JASS For the amazing sig work. - Garcia's Dad 
For the GIF! - komodo Have 1 more. - komodo ....and another. - komodo welcome back - bigsmoothh Good to see  you back vato - hectari 
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - komodo Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - bigsmoothh 

Quote:
Originally Posted by iseah100 View Post
Hey, so I'm fighting this Saturday and at my gym we're taught how to box slick. That's how the trainer is. Anyways the guy I'm fighting is gonna come full force the first round and bum rush me. That's how the guys I fight always are. So what should I do against a bum rusher? He throws wide looping shots, whenever they do that I panic and backpeadal and fight off the ropes and get the better of the exchanges but it looks bad. Any tips? Thanks.
dont back up he throws wide shot so step in and smother him and shorten yousr up. Straight down the pipe.
Old 11-16-2012, 05:51 PM
Jamesv3
Contender

Rep Power: 3 Jamesv3 has a spectacular aura aboutJamesv3 has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 10,031,531.40

Keep at tight guard and throw straights , straight shots have less distance to travel than hooks
Old 11-16-2012, 10:19 PM
iseah100
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 6 iseah100 has a reputation beyond reputeiseah100 has a reputation beyond reputeiseah100 has a reputation beyond reputeiseah100 has a reputation beyond reputeiseah100 has a reputation beyond reputeiseah100 has a reputation beyond reputeiseah100 has a reputation beyond reputeiseah100 has a reputation beyond reputeiseah100 has a reputation beyond reputeiseah100 has a reputation beyond reputeiseah100 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 20,288,758,363.88
Total Points: 21,288,787,586.50

Thanks! I'll remember that tomorrow!

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
Old 11-17-2012, 09:40 AM
theproof
Contender

Total Points: 3,957.87

you already decided what your opponent is gonna do based on how he fights. bad idea. concentrate on whet you have to do. if you panic when pressure is applied then u shoud not be boxing. work on what you should be doing and the no 1 thing is to never panic. you don't have to go to the ropes every time someone attacks you. side step, tie him up. counter shots etc. you don't have to go in a shell. hey maybe he can't take a shot so be offensive/defensive. some trainers want everybody to be slick and all are not built that way. here is my point. i'm out of philly. marvis frazier tried to get inside like smokin joe and battle but in the ameteurs he was a nice counter puncher and left it alone when he turned pro tryin to coppy dad. if u do well on the ropes then use that only if needed. i was a boxing marvel skill wise but in philly i was taught to throw the hook and bang the body like we do in philly and brawl. not what i was good at. what id your style ? set him up as he comes in. hit that body as he rushes, if he gets rough elbo behind the hook not to foul but to get him thinking. he probably dips before he rushes in like berto. maybe. this game is not for PANIC. welcome one dimentional fighters. welcome the fact you are there to win or learn how to lose. win this one for YOU. good luck on the fight.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:42 AM
Giant Pinas
Banned

Rep Power: 0 Giant Pinas has a reputation beyond reputeGiant Pinas has a reputation beyond reputeGiant Pinas has a reputation beyond reputeGiant Pinas has a reputation beyond reputeGiant Pinas has a reputation beyond reputeGiant Pinas has a reputation beyond reputeGiant Pinas has a reputation beyond reputeGiant Pinas has a reputation beyond reputeGiant Pinas has a reputation beyond reputeGiant Pinas has a reputation beyond reputeGiant Pinas has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 1,150.97

Low blows to keep him honest.
Old 11-17-2012, 09:59 AM
NearHypnos
Undisputed Champion

Rep Power: 11 NearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond reputeNearHypnos has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 87,316,806,489.96
Total Points: 110,817,310,842.52
thanks for the vid man - mellow_mood Great poster! - UTEP 

Quote:
Originally Posted by theproof View Post
you already decided what your opponent is gonna do based on how he fights. bad idea. concentrate on whet you have to do. if you panic when pressure is applied then u shoud not be boxing. work on what you should be doing and the no 1 thing is to never panic. you don't have to go to the ropes every time someone attacks you. side step, tie him up. counter shots etc. you don't have to go in a shell. hey maybe he can't take a shot so be offensive/defensive. some trainers want everybody to be slick and all are not built that way. here is my point. i'm out of philly. marvis frazier tried to get inside like smokin joe and battle but in the ameteurs he was a nice counter puncher and left it alone when he turned pro tryin to coppy dad. if u do well on the ropes then use that only if needed. i was a boxing marvel skill wise but in philly i was taught to throw the hook and bang the body like we do in philly and brawl. not what i was good at. what id your style ? set him up as he comes in. hit that body as he rushes, if he gets rough elbo behind the hook not to foul but to get him thinking. he probably dips before he rushes in like berto. maybe. this game is not for PANIC. welcome one dimentional fighters. welcome the fact you are there to win or learn how to lose. win this one for YOU. good luck on the fight.

Agreed with this (most of it) along with the other posters. Don't let him set his feet. If he's fighting wild, make him throw those punches with his arms and throw shorter punches with a tight guard. If youre right handed use a short left hook (or vice versa) to turn them as they bum rush in. I pretty much survived off that in mexico.... :|.... Keep them short and let him smother himself. Dont be afraid to collapse (clinch) onto him if you need to after getting yours off. Most dudes like that will eventually get frustrated and it's pot shot city from there. Fight your fight, just because you get the better of it on the ropes doesnt mean you should allow him to put you there.
Old 11-17-2012, 10:02 AM
Mannie Phresh
LUCAS KO'S FLOYD

Rep Power: 43 Mannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond reputeMannie Phresh has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 10,966,377,003,545.09
Total Points: 116,518,446,106,034.94
sorry for red k - Tha_Greatest Nice user title - rorymac No Message - Tha_Greatest Keep grillin these kids. - Kenny MF Powers No Message - Tha_Greatest 
No Message - Mannie Phresh Happy Easter :kiss: - Bossy Thanks for joining the discussion in my thread about GF's and boxing, its nice to hear everyones experiences with being a fan of the sport!!! - Atreyu Khalil Here's one for the kid. COngrats bro! - led* heres to your baby boy cheers - MARKBNLV 
Congratulations on your baby boy...have some coffee! - jose830 No Message - MARKBNLV not sure whos alt u are but i like you lol - ~BoZz~ Happy holidays bro! - led* lmaoooo! what you just posted on MEAT's thread deserves a burger :lol1: - jose830 
WAR LUCASSS may the powerful toxins of iguana meat flow thru his veins - thuggery No Message - jose830 :luvbed: - -jose- you need more gifts - sugarsmosley great post! - -jose- 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giant Pinas View Post
Low blows to keep him honest.
funny gifs
Or not.
Old 11-17-2012, 01:02 PM
Layzie Kidd
Contender

Rep Power: 7 Layzie Kidd has a brilliant futureLayzie Kidd has a brilliant futureLayzie Kidd has a brilliant futureLayzie Kidd has a brilliant futureLayzie Kidd has a brilliant futureLayzie Kidd has a brilliant futureLayzie Kidd has a brilliant futureLayzie Kidd has a brilliant futureLayzie Kidd has a brilliant futureLayzie Kidd has a brilliant futureLayzie Kidd has a brilliant future
Total Points: 15,591.68

Just punch him in the middle of him going after you.

That'll stop him.